Had to cancel holiday... absolutely heartbroken

Dont know about anybody else but im finding your story of commitment to uni and your family quite inspiring.

Oh gosh! Nothing inspiring I swear! I just want to be a good role model for my girls. It's really important that they know that they can do and have amazing things if they work hard.

Hollie just seen your thread. I'm really sorry to hear you have been unwell. Try give yourself things to look forward to in the meantime. You, Ben and your nieces will have such a great time when you go next year that I'm sure it will make the wait worthwhile in the end. (I know I'll be jealous next year when you're going to Yacht Club and I'm not!)
Thank you for all the help you gave me with park schedules etc. Keep positive xx

I'm okay-ish.... I feel so silly being this upset about this, it is just a holiday. But, it's devastating.

We had a nice night last night. Ben and I went shopping and he bought himself some Disney tshirts and swimming trunks and he bought me some dresses for Florida. A year and a half away or not, I'm still determined to put stuff away so they've been put in the suitcase!

That makes me feel better weirdly, it feels like we're still progressing and working towards something. I bought some shampoo, travel first aid stuff and new tooth brushes today for the cases!

Honestly do not feel silly!!
We went through something very similar last yr, ( can't remember wether you would have read about it or not) but we had to cancel and move our trip ( only by a month in the end but we lost a lot of money and had to do things the way around that ruined the trip a little for me) due to DH work deciding they wouldn't let him go, and it was heart breaking when we thought we wasn't going as I also had been very sick!

I remember being so angry and upset at everything and the fact I had done all that planning and now I had to sit through cancelling all the ADRs etc

You should be so very proud of yourself that you are managing to rationalise and put uni 1st ( not sure if have been able to do that) your new plans to add days and upgrade to prem sound fantastic!! And what everybody else says about kids are right they will be sad but they will understand and I'm sure after the shock will be really pleased that they get to go for even longer!

I'm sure having all those days sick was terrible and the only thing keeping you going was the trip but I'm sure it also effected you money wise not being able to work etc, at least now you can save more and take it easier to make sure you in full health.......nothing worse then doing Disney and feeling weak or sick trust me xxx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter