Guest Test of Magic Bands (Official Notice)

Case in point: because I'm a masochist, apparently, I went and logged in. It took nearly 5 minutes to get to My Reservations. I've made ADRs for me and my entire family. I specifically remember having to select/link everyone to each ADR when I was making them. Well, apparently Disney has decided that I'm only eating two meals with my children, because when I click under My Family to pull up their reservations, they only show two ADRs for each of them. They're apparently not included in the totally prepaid CRT reservation. Half my reservations show as being made for four adults instead of two kids and two adults. I'm not sure who these other adults I'm dining with are, because they don't show up. My husband is apparently not eating with us at all all week, because he's showing no reservations.

Am I worried about any of this? NO. I have my confirmation numbers, and I know we have ADRs for 4 people all week. That's all I really care about.

Yup. This is the Disney IT I know (and don't love)! :rolleyes1

Like you, I have enough experience with them to know that the reservation is still there so I don't worry. But, geez...

Reminds me of an old Seinfeld routine about rental car companies... "they know how to TAKE the reservation, they just don't know how to HOLD the reservation... and that's really the most important part of the reservation..." :rotfl:

Not sure about now since the testing period for AKL guests is over now but when I was there 6/21-6/25 they had a very small section of the gift shop dedicated to the Magic Band accessories. It couldn't have been more than a 2 foot wide by 5 foot tall area...so it wasn't too much shelf space and it looked like it could easily be removed.

Once again, thanks for all the good first-hand feedback. We appreciate it.

Anything more to report on how the rest of the FP+ testing went? Did anyone give you any hints on what and when the next testing/roll-out procedures might be?

Hope the rest of your trip was successful as it sounded like the first 2 or 3 days were.

Just FWIW... I do not have that magic band info under any of the people in my party. Also when I clicked on my son I noticed that he only has 3 ADRs despite the fact that he was selected on all 6 of our ADRs... gotta love it!

jtowntoflorida said:
Case in point: because I'm a masochist, apparently, I went and logged in. It took nearly 5 minutes to get to My Reservations. I've made ADRs for me and my entire family. I specifically remember having to select/link everyone to each ADR when I was making them. Well, apparently Disney has decided that I'm only eating two meals with my children, because when I click under My Family to pull up their reservations, they only show two ADRs for each of them. They're apparently not included in the totally prepaid CRT reservation. Half my reservations show as being made for four adults instead of two kids and two adults. I'm not sure who these other adults I'm dining with are, because they don't show up. My husband is apparently not eating with us at all all week, because he's showing no reservations.

Am I worried about any of this? NO. I have my confirmation numbers, and I know we have ADRs for 4 people all week. That's all I really care about.

I would check your email confirmations and ensure the system entered it correctly. You can always call and confirm the info as well.

I wouldn't put too much into what the website shows.

Are you talking about this being on the My Disney Experience AP for the iphone? I have my reservations and dining reservations linked to my ap but nothing about magic bands listed next to myself or my family members. Will these be out for August?

I would check your email confirmations and ensure the system entered it correctly. You can always call and confirm the info as well.

I wouldn't put too much into what the website shows.

Yes, all of my confirmations are correct, but the confirmations also don't list the names of the dining participants. They just say reservation for 4 guests. Which is all I care about. I don't care that the MDE website apparently thinks I'm dining with a random guy and two random children at CRT, or my children and a random guy at Tusker House. My point is that the information the MDE website displays is entirely unreliable so I don't think that people should get too worried about it. It seems the MDE website is taking information that exists in other systems (the cash room reservation system being one, the DVC reservation system being another, Magical Express being a third, and the dining reservation system being a fourth) and then trying to compile it and failing miserably. Does that mean your reservations don't exist? Absolutely not! Because the reservations are still there, correct, in the native system. All it means is the MDE website just can't keep everything straight to display it to you, the guest, in supposedly a user-friendly manner.

But remember, the new moderate resort@UOR will not include unlimited express pass, only the deluxe hotels. How would that go over at WDW?

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Disney went this route.

I see nothing on the MDE app about magic bands. When I click on my husband's and daughter 's name under the friends and family tab, it just shows that they are managed by me and their names and ages. That's it.

The MDE app also does not show that we are using Magical Express. I can see Magical Express on our reservation on the website but not on the app. I have everything printed out from the website and will be taking everything with me just to be safe.

I have everything printed out from the website and will be taking everything with me just to be safe.

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 Gotta say -- that's how I roll with Disney reservations... paper backup!

Then again, I do that with airline reservations, rental car reservations, etc. Trust issues?? YES!! :rotfl:

I stayed at AKV last week for DVC two nights and got to test out the magic bands for my first night I paid cash through a separate reservation. I admit I didn't really know these were even coming out yet and I had passes already from Undercover Tourist but the bands worked well getting in and out of the room and at a few of the food locations. I don't know how they will go over long term but I like the concept - didn't really read up on the Fastpass + yet. My box with the bracelets was very cool, it even had my name personalized :)

I know to take the disney app with a grain of salt...but why oh why does it show i have magic bands??? Lol!! It also shows my adrs from my last trip. Think somehow my last kttw card could be throwing off their system?
I plan on booking on july 10th. So i guess we will see what happens. Hopefully it wont mess anything up. I dream of a perfect world where all disney things work great and go smoothly.
;)

I stayed at AKV last week for DVC two nights and got to test out the magic bands for my first night I paid cash through a separate reservation. I admit I didn't really know these were even coming out yet and I had passes already from Undercover Tourist but the bands worked well getting in and out of the room and at a few of the food locations. I don't know how they will go over long term but I like the concept - didn't really read up on the Fastpass + yet. My box with the bracelets was very cool, it even had my name personalized :)

Wait, so u didnt use the FP+ system and reserve ride times?

Wait, so u didnt use the FP+ system and reserve ride times?

Nope! Because we were only on cash that first night and I asked but couldn't use them to transfer to my DVC reservation for the next 2 nights. Next time ill hopefully try it out for real, honestly one night is not enough time as honestly I didn't even know we'd be testing them.

If you go into friends and family. And i clicked on each of my family members. Theres a spot to click on magic band. When i did it pulled up a number and asked if i wanted to deactivate it or report it lost.

Ok thanks! Just did that and clicked on my daughter, said this guest doesn't have a magic band. Maybe cause we have APs :confused3. And the system isn't allowing us to enter them either! :badpc:

Ok, so I posted earlier that I had clicked on "Family and Friends" and did not see anything about magic bands. Just a few minutes ago, I went on the app and lo and behold, it looks different tonight than it had previously. I clicked on "family and friends" and was able to see the "magic bands and cards" tab. When I clicked that, it showed that my family members did not have any magic bands.

Furthermore, I can see our dining reservations under the "My Reservations" tab but when I click on my family's names using the Family and Friends link, it shows only our resort reservation and no reservations for their dining. I assume that is not a problem since I made the reservations and they do show the proper number of people on my reservation but I am kind of wary of assuming anything at this point.

Lastly, on this new version of the MDE app that I have now, I cannot find where it shows that we have any tickets. The old version of the app used to show under the resort reservation tab that we had 5 day MYW tickets. That's gone now. Instead, there is a new tab called "tickets and passes" but it doesn't show our tickets, it just invites us to link a ticket or pass which obviously we don't have yet because we booked a package and won't receive tickets until we check in.

Can anybody help me out here? I have no idea why my app layout suddenly changed but does my MDE app now look the same as everyone else's or am I missing info that others who have booked packages have on their apps? Should I be able to find info about our tickets somewhere on the app? Oh, and my Magical Express reservations are still not showing on the app or at least I can't find them (they do show on the website, just not the app).

Ok, so I posted earlier that I had clicked on "Family and Friends" and did not see anything about magic bands. Just a few minutes ago, I went on the app and lo and behold, it looks different tonight than it had previously. I clicked on "family and friends" and was able to see the "magic bands and cards" tab. When I clicked that, it showed that my family members did not have any magic bands.

I just checked the same in the MDX App, and clicking on my DW and DD's names in the 'Family and Friends' section shows me their Magic Band status.... and they both show as already having Magic Bands, and it even gives their matching card numbers! Very odd!

I can't see anything for me via my own Profile though, not even a link in there to view my Magic Band status.

We have not been to WDW since February, and I have not entered any ticket info into MDX - but then I guess you won't need linked tickets in order to be assigned a Magic Band for hotel/charging use, only if you plan to use FastPass+.

Andre

Furthermore, I can see our dining reservations under the "My Reservations" tab but when I click on my family's names using the Family and Friends link, it shows only our resort reservation and no reservations for their dining. I assume that is not a problem since I made the reservations and they do show the proper number of people on my reservation but I am kind of wary of assuming anything at this point.

Lastly, on this new version of the MDE app that I have now, I cannot find where it shows that we have any tickets. The old version of the app used to show under the resort reservation tab that we had 5 day MYW tickets. That's gone now. Instead, there is a new tab called "tickets and passes" but it doesn't show our tickets, it just invites us to link a ticket or pass which obviously we don't have yet because we booked a package and won't receive tickets until we check in.

Can anybody help me out here? I have no idea why my app layout suddenly changed but does my MDE app now look the same as everyone else's or am I missing info that others who have booked packages have on their apps? Should I be able to find info about our tickets somewhere on the app? Oh, and my Magical Express reservations are still not showing on the app or at least I can't find them (they do show on the website, just not the app).

Mine is the same way. It obviously updated at some point. We're going in September so they still have time to roll out those magic bands for us. I am actually very hopeful that we will receive that magic box! None of my ressie's or anything are showing up on my app but they are all still there on the actual website. If that doesn't change, it looks like I will be writing those down to take with me!

I'm not a DVC member or an AP holder. I linked our UT tickets last weekend by scanning them in. I was hoping that by doing this at some point they might magically turn into bands, but so far no luck.

It took 3 days just to figure out how to get them to show up anywhere after I scanned them in. Right now they show up under tickets on the app as electronic tickets not bands, but they don't show up on the website at all. I'm guessing right now they are ready to be put on a KTTW card since uploading them disabled the paper ticket.

We don't go until Sept. so maybe if I keep my fingers crossed they might still turn into bands before we leave, since we will be staying at AKL.

How do you know if your family will be getting the bands? Does the trip have to be paid in full and coming up soon? We arrive in September and we'd love to get the bands.
Thanks

You won't know until Disney lets you know. The bands are not in full use yet, the first test with guests was only a few days ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter