• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Guest Test of Magic Bands (Official Notice)

Correction, FP+. WILL create unequal access. I'm always surprised by the military tickets. Disney goes on about how they offer special discounts and such, but they do deliver a less product to them.

And Shades of Green seems to be left out of a lot of benefits.

Jason

Here is my question, especially as a military wife. If I buy military salute tickets, but stay at an actual Disney Resort, such as AoA or POFQ, will I get the benefits of FP+ like other resort guest or will I get FP+ benefits of day guests since I don't have an actual Magic Your Way ticket or an AP?

DH and I are trying to plan a Disney trip for our first anniversary and a pre-deployment trip next year. It would be great to know how this will play out for us ... This is of course assuming they renew the military discounts for 2013-2014.

Here is my question, especially as a military wife. If I buy military salute tickets, but stay at an actual Disney Resort, such as AoA or POFQ, will I get the benefits of FP+ like other resort guest or will I get FP+ benefits of day guests since I don't have an actual Magic Your Way ticket or an AP?

DH and I are trying to plan a Disney trip for our first anniversary and a pre-deployment trip next year. It would be great to know how this will play out for us ... This is of course assuming they renew the military discounts for 2013-2014.

I don't think we know enough about FP+ to give an answer at this time. Please pass along my thanks to your husband for his service though.

Correction, FP+. WILL create unequal access. I'm always surprised by the military tickets. Disney goes on about how they offer special discounts and such, but they do deliver a less product to them.

And Shades of Green seems to be left out of a lot of benefits.

Jason

SoG is left out of some...dining packages (and therefore free dining) and free parking being the ones that have impacted our vacations the most. SoG guests are eligible for EMH, which is nice. We also can walk to Poly for the monorail w/o too much difficulty (especially if you use the shady shuttle to get to the front of SoG property).

In general, we've been grateful for the AFS tickets...but depending on how they're integrated with FP+, it could nullify the price advantage...

AFAIK, everything we know right now points to FP+ depending on your ticket, not where you're staying. That's why I'm concerned as to how they'll handle it with the salute tickets. But, like you said, we don't even know if the salute will exist after Sept 28, so it's sit back and wait time (and our trip starts Oct 1, so I'm definitely getting anxious about the salute!)

I don't think we know enough about FP+ to give an answer at this time. Please pass along my thanks to your husband for his service though.

I figured that was the case. I will be awaiting more information like everyone else. I hope we don't get cut out of the 60 +10!

I will definitely pass along your gratitude. Thank you!

Anyone else have a magic band # on the app? I have no reservations and i was playin with the app and it says i have a magic band.
Maybe i should deactivate it lol

Anyone else have a magic band # on the app? I have no reservations and i was playin with the app and it says i have a magic band.
Maybe i should deactivate it lol

Where on the app does it say you have a magic band #?
I've been trying to link my AP to the app, but not able to. Doesn't matter I guess since I have to renew it 4 days into my aug visit.

If you go into friends and family. And i clicked on each of my family members. Theres a spot to click on magic band. When i did it pulled up a number and asked if i wanted to deactivate it or report it lost.

SoG is left out of some...dining packages (and therefore free dining) and free parking being the ones that have impacted our vacations the most. SoG guests are eligible for EMH, which is nice. We also can walk to Poly for the monorail w/o too much difficulty (especially if you use the shady shuttle to get to the front of SoG property).

In general, we've been grateful for the AFS tickets...but depending on how they're integrated with FP+, it could nullify the price advantage...

Yeah, charging military for parking is crazy. That's a complete money grab by Disney, since it's pure profit, and a slap to our servicemen and women.

They should give one extra FP+ per day for every purple heart you have, for every stay they ever do. No ding them almost $20 a day.

Jason

I might have missed this posted, but does anyone know if the add ons to the magic bands for purchase are still taking up very valuable shelf space at the two testing resorts?

If disney leaves that out, I would think another round of testing is coming soon or maybe a larger one. I can't see leaving out something that no one can purchase and then actually use at this time on the shelfs for very long.

I might have missed this posted, but does anyone know if the add ons to the magic bands for purchase are still taking up very valuable shelf space at the two testing resorts?

If disney leaves that out, I would think another round of testing is coming soon or maybe a larger one. I can't see leaving out something that no one can purchase and then actually use at this time on the shelfs for very long.

Not sure about now since the testing period for AKL guests is over now but when I was there 6/21-6/25 they had a very small section of the gift shop dedicated to the Magic Band accessories. It couldn't have been more than a 2 foot wide by 5 foot tall area...so it wasn't too much shelf space and it looked like it could easily be removed.

If you go into friends and family. And i clicked on each of my family members. Theres a spot to click on magic band. When i did it pulled up a number and asked if i wanted to deactivate it or report it lost.

when I go to 'family and friends' on the andriod app it brings up my hubby, but when I tap his name it shows the following:
his name
* manages his or her own information
add to my family
<checked> This person often travels with me
invite to Plan and Share
This person can add activities to my Plans and can also:
View only our shared activities
<selected>View all my activities

Where does it show magic band?

when I go to 'family and friends' on the andriod app it brings up my hubby, but when I tap his name it shows the following:
his name
add to my family
invite to Plan and Share

I've only seen the info for family that I manage. My wife has her own account, so I can't see the info for her. I can't see mine either.

his name
add to my family
invite to Plan and Share

I've only seen the info for family that I manage. My wife has her own account, so I can't see the info for her. I can't see mine either.

I just checked my iPhone app, and clicked on my kids' names since I manage their accounts. I see the following after clicking on their names:

- Alex is managed by you
- Birthday

And then I can click on:
- Alex's MagicBands and Cards
- Alex's Reservations
- Alex's Tickets & Passes

When I click on "Alex's MagicBands and Cards", it just says "This guest has no Magic Bands".

I have NOT actually linked our AP certs to the account yet (and don't plan to for now!).

ETA: I don't see the option at all for myself (under profile) or DH who manages his own account.

I just checked my iPhone app, and clicked on my kids' names since I manage their accounts. I see the following after clicking on their names:

- Alex is managed by you
- Birthday

And then I can click on:
- Alex's MagicBands and Cards
- Alex's Reservations
- Alex's Tickets & Passes

When I click on "Alex's MagicBands and Cards", it just says "This guest has no Magic Bands".

I have NOT actually linked our AP certs to the account yet (and don't plan to for now!).

ETA: I don't see the option at all for myself (under profile) or DH who manages his own account.

Well, if you haven't linked them, I wouldn't expect you to see them...and like I said earlier, I wouldn't bother until there is a reason to...too many ways for things to go wrong for no current advantage...

Well, if you haven't linked them, I wouldn't expect you to see them...and like I said earlier, I wouldn't bother until there is a reason to...too many ways for things to go wrong for no current advantage...

Right -- wasn't sure if some people were even seeing those options so I thought I'd share that bit (maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, though!).

I'm just Disney-IT-skiddish. The longer I can wait until after a particular feature is available, the better, as far as I'm concerned. :)

Right -- wasn't sure if some people were even seeing those options so I thought I'd share that bit (maybe I missed it somewhere in this thread, though!).

I'm just Disney-IT-skiddish. The longer I can wait until after a particular feature is available, the better, as far as I'm concerned. :)

I am seeing the same thing. When I click on family and friends it shows DD and has a Magic Band and Cards option. We have a package booked and it still says she has no Magic Band but it also doesn't have anything under Tickets and Passes. Curiouser and curiouser.

EDIT: Under My Reservations it has some of the same categories but no Magic Band and Cards option. Why would just the family and friends have it?

I am seeing the same thing. When I click on family and friends it shows DD and has a Magic Band and Cards option. We have a package booked and it still says she has no Magic Band but it also doesn't have anything under Tickets and Passes. Curiouser and curiouser.

EDIT: Under My Reservations it has some of the same categories but no Magic Band and Cards option. Why would just the family and friends have it?

I'm surprised that anyone has any faith in the MDE website, or has so many questions about why it's showing it shows, and why some information is missing or displayed the way it is. It's completely unstable. There is always stuff missing or stuff that's incorrect, even after you go in and make corrections. When you can get into it, it's clunky and slow and hard to navigate through. I often have to log in multiple times during a session, because it keeps kicking me out for some reason. I've pretty much given up on it. I have all my reservation confirmations printed out the out the old fashioned way. I will not link my tickets to my account. The MDE website is the #1 reason why I don't think that the FP+ system is going to work (at least initially), because they seem to be tied together.

I'm surprised that anyone has any faith in the MDE website, or has so many questions about why it's showing it shows, and why some information is missing or displayed the way it is. It's completely unstable. There is always stuff missing or stuff that's incorrect, even after you go in and make corrections. When you can get into it, it's clunky and slow and hard to navigate through. I often have to log in multiple times during a session, because it keeps kicking me out for some reason. I've pretty much given up on it. I have all my reservation confirmations printed out the out the old fashioned way. I will not link my tickets to my account. The MDE website is the #1 reason why I don't think that the FP+ system is going to work (at least initially), because they seem to be tied together.

:thumbsup2

Case in point: because I'm a masochist, apparently, I went and logged in. It took nearly 5 minutes to get to My Reservations. I've made ADRs for me and my entire family. I specifically remember having to select/link everyone to each ADR when I was making them. Well, apparently Disney has decided that I'm only eating two meals with my children, because when I click under My Family to pull up their reservations, they only show two ADRs for each of them. They're apparently not included in the totally prepaid CRT reservation. Half my reservations show as being made for four adults instead of two kids and two adults. I'm not sure who these other adults I'm dining with are, because they don't show up. My husband is apparently not eating with us at all all week, because he's showing no reservations.

Am I worried about any of this? NO. I have my confirmation numbers, and I know we have ADRs for 4 people all week. That's all I really care about.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter