Guess what I had for breakfast!!!

TerriP

<font color=deeppink>"Slow 100 Post" Winner<br><fo
CHEESECAKE!! Yummy!! The cheesecake I asked you about last week (yes, it took me till last night to finally make it) turned out WONDERFUL!!!!! :p I had a slice of cheesecake with a couple strawberries on top aaaaannnnnndddd REAL Whipped Cream!!

I'm on a DIET...hahahahahaha....A DIET....that cracks me up! :p

BTW, I also made "fake" mashed potatos last night....cauliflower, butter, and pepper. I don't even LIKE cauliflower and I LOVED these fake tatos. I added a little sour cream and garlic....YUMMY! DH even suggested, after boiling, to bake them with chedder cheese on top for a baked tato effect! WOWZA!

Keep trying new things, gang...it really lifts your spirits and keeps you motivated! ;)

Terri,
I have a few things I've been enjoying with Cauliflower. First is mashing them like you did with a potatoe masher. I usually use heavy cream, butter, salt & pepper.

Second is cooking until tender and then smashing with a fork on my plate. I then top it with any topping I would have put on a baked potatoe in the past ---- sour cream, butter, S&P, chives, cheddar cheese, broccoli, bacon, etc.

Third is cooking in chicken broth until tender. Puree the cauliflower in a blender with some of the chicken broth and cream cheese until it is the consistency of a cream based soup. Then add cheddar cheese and broccoli for a wonderful cream of broccoli soup. You can substitute the broccoli for other veggies to vary the 'cream soup'. Using cauliflower, asparagus, etc.
:D

Good for you, Terri. Variety is, <i>indeed</i>, the spice of life. Great ideas. All sound yummy.

I'm making a beef pot roast right now. I sautee garlic and onions and brown the roast then cover with water and simmer most of the afternoon. When the meat is tender, I add frozen cauliflower and let it cook until the cauliflower is very soft. Scoop it up, add butter etc and yummy, I like to add a little of the broth to the mased "faux tatos".

Has anyone tried turnips this way? I think I'm going to try that today, just to see if it would be any good.

And where the heck can I find fresh rutabaga? I want to try those rutabaga fries. I suppose I'm going to have to break down and go to Meijers. I hate going to Meijers.

That sounds wonderful, Kath! I'll have to try that this weekend. I LOVE roast...it's what I always have for my birthday. Used to be roast with potatos and corn and rolls and CAKE! Yummy! Now it will be roast with fauxtatos and cheesecake!! Still Yummy!

BTW, I love the Meijers in Okemos. I used to do all my shopping there when I worked in Okemos...now I'm stuck with the little Meijers in Corunna. Just not as nice. But they do have good produce.

Good luck with your turnips!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WW - I've gotta try that soup. It sounds delicious! I love broccoli and cheese soup....yummy!! Thanks so much for the idea!! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter