Grown ups only! 10 year anniversary trip with lots of drinks, food and selfies-COMPLETE 2/22/16

Booo. I'm so bummed about your Narcoossees. What a bummer way to end a trip. I'm hoping our visit will be better. I promised DH I wouldn't change anything else so I can't pick something else :)

Booo. I'm so bummed about your Narcoossees. What a bummer way to end a trip. I'm hoping our visit will be better. I promised DH I wouldn't change anything else so I can't pick something else :)

Oh man :( I was worried that I sounded too negative! I think that we had such good food all week that they didn't razzle dazzle me...ya know? Be excited for Narcoossee's! Be excited in general because Disney is so awesome regardless!

Final thoughts:

First off: HAPPY MARGARITA DAY!!!!!!!!!! WHOOP! Shout out to Pepe at La Cava!

This trip was pretty remarkable for a few reasons:

1. We went without our kids (fun in a totally different way and great way to reconnect)
2. We experienced hot weather and cold weather
3. We experienced low crowds and moderate to high crowds at times
4. Aside from QS at Hollywood Studios, we had great food
5. We had great service from the hotel staff to CM's to servers at restaurants

Essentially, Disney during lower crowds is reminiscent of the Disney I remember in the early 2000's. It seemed like Disney was firing on all cylinders as opposed to a few more recent trips where they were less than efficient.

Going when it's packed and miserably hot is hard. I think customers get cranky, CM's get cranky, food just gets slapped on a plate or you feel rushed at dinner.

I love Disney, but it will be pretty hard to come during peak times after this last trip! I've been spoiled!

Thanks so much for reading and commenting. This was super fun to relive my trip here! I'll leave you with a list of my favorites:

Favorite Drink: Tie: Mizner's Cooler and Cucumber Margarita from La Cava
Favorite App: Tie: Bacon and Eggs from the Wave and Truffle Fries from Crew's Cup
Favorite Entree: Crab Cakes from Captain's Grille
Favorite Dessert: Ger's Bread Pudding from Raglan Road
Favorite overall meal: The Wave
Favorite QS: Wolfgang Puck Express
Favorite snack: CRONUT

Last edited:
Great report!

DH and I just came back from our first trip to WDW without kids (and we've been married almost 33 years)! We were there the week or so before you, and had very cool weather and some rainy days, too. And I just made a photo book - funny how it's all selfies of only us!

We didn't eat nearly as "gourmet" as you, and I only drink chardonnay/DH only drinks beer. You really tried it all! And, you've given me some new things to remember to try the next time we go!

Thanks for the report and all of your yummy looking photos!

Such a fabulous report! Thanks so much for sharing your Disney adventures with us!:-)

Thanks for sharing your experiences - what a great report! And thank you for the cocktail tips, especially. I am really looking forward to slushes and that whiskey punch now!

I ordered a Mizner's Cooler: St-Germain, Nolet’s Gin, Lime Juice, Simple Syrup, Soda Water, and Fresh Mint

This sounds absolutely delicious! I don't have any plans to be at the Grand in April but I might have to add a little monorail drinking tour to my trip so I can give this one a try!

Loved reading your report and so glad you and your husband had such a nice time. Thanks so much for sharing with us! :flower:

This sounds absolutely delicious! I don't have any plans to be at the Grand in April but I might have to add a little monorail drinking tour to my trip so I can give this one a try!

Loved reading your report and so glad you and your husband had such a nice time. Thanks so much for sharing with us! :flower:

I will definitely make a special trip for that cocktail! I think I might try and make them at home this summer. It was delicious :)

San Antonio here! We also love Wildfish. Next time tell him to try the crab fried rice. Its AMAZING! Its technically a side dish, but I order a large side for my dinner.

Love your reviews. You guys are adorable! Heading back next week and we have the teas set for Tuesday. Excited too.

Let me know if you ever make it to SA and we will meet you for drinks and apps at Wildfish!

In the vein of better late than never, I just read your whole report. I love my daughter but a couples trip looks divine. What a treat for you two. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing dining and drinking adventures

In the vein of better late than never, I just read your whole report. I love my daughter but a couples trip looks divine. What a treat for you two. Thanks so much for sharing your amazing dining and drinking adventures

Oh man! Thank you so much for reading. I'm trying to groom my kids so I can take them to signatures like you take your daughter!

San Antonio here! We also love Wildfish. Next time tell him to try the crab fried rice. Its AMAZING! Its technically a side dish, but I order a large side for my dinner.

Love your reviews. You guys are adorable! Heading back next week and we have the teas set for Tuesday. Excited too.

Let me know if you ever make it to SA and we will meet you for drinks and apps at Wildfish!

Thanks for reading! We used to do all three restaurants over there: Roaring Fork for a mojito, dinner at Wildfish and dessert at Brasserie Pavil. But I think only Wildfish is left?

This was a great report! Thanks so much for sharing! All those different drinks are making me thirsty....:goodvibes

Thanks for reading! We used to do all three restaurants over there: Roaring Fork for a mojito, dinner at Wildfish and dessert at Brasserie Pavil. But I think only Wildfish is left?
Yep. Just Wildfish. Roaring Fork is now an upscale sports bar. It's ok. Nothing has filled the 3rd spot though. Time will tell... Wildfish is always packed so I doubt it's going anywhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter