Grossest Thing You've Seen at the Parks

We saw something really creepy on our August 2008 vacation. We were waiting in line for The Little Mermaid at HS and it had been raining off and on that day. Well there was a family that walked up to the line wearing ponchos. Upon further inspection we noticed something dangling from the woman's arm underneath the see-thru plastic. It was a sleeping baby. Now, granted, this is an open cape-like garment so oxygen was accessible, but it was still creepy looking... because the baby was sound asleep. It wasn't moving at all. It looked dead. Ugh. I understand this mother's attempt at keeping her child dry, but to keep a baby under a plastic cloak is just plain wrong. We still talk about that moment to this day and I shudder.

That is wrong!

There's now a competing thread along the same lines called "cringe worthy" or something along those lines.

An entirely NEW batch of people is being introduced to the concept of "baby bidets" on that one :rotfl:.

Mine is not so bad but last year when we were in Epcot we saw a father letting his child (aged 7ish) pee on a monorail poll near the Test Track. The sad thing is that this boy was older and the bathroom was right there....

There's now a competing thread along the same lines called "cringe worthy" or something along those lines.

An entirely NEW batch of people is being introduced to the concept of "baby bidets" on that one :rotfl:.

I see the cringe worthy thread has been closed- there was a lot of complaining about things people posted, so I'm sure that's why. This thread is much lighter.

This wasn't at a WDW park but in lurking on this thread so much, I was reminded of this thread when I saw the following...

... I was at Taco Bell in the drive-thru line a couple of hours ago. A lady and a kid (I am assuming it was a mom-son situation) came out of Taco Bell and the mom lifted the boy into the back of the truck, he's about 7-9 I'm guessing. As another adult lady walks up the kids begins to vomit outside of the truck onto the parking lot :sick:

All these women do is stare... they don't even act like anything is wrong as if it's normal for their son to be puking everywhere. Then comes two older children, pre-teens I'd guess, and as they come up... everyone begins laughing at this kid who btw, is STILL vomitting everywhere. And the last child comes up... everyone is STILL laughing.

The young boy finally is done and the assumed mom starts walking toward the kid and walked all over in the vomit.... :confused3:confused3:confused3 why in the world would she do that???? Gross.

She takes this shirt off, gets in the truck without removing her shoes, yuck, and they drive off. Everyone is in the truck (it was a quad cab) except this kid.

1. Ew overall.
2. What kind of parents watch and laugh at their vomitting child?
3. Why in the world is the youngest child sitting in the bed of the truck? Too young to be back there imo.

It was a sight.:sad2:

That's not gross, that's child abuse. (OK, walking in vomit and then tracking it in your truck is gross, but still, far from her worst offense.)

1. Two elderly and sagging Brazilians stripping down at Typhoon Lagoon. They were putting there swimsuits on outside on the sand. Luckily bottoms remained on, but the woman did change her top. Did I mention she had to be at least 70 and gravity and a lot of sun damage did not help the overall appearance. The bikini did not cover up to much either.

2. My own experience...8 mo. old just gave me that look while waiting to get in Honey I Shrunk the Audience. I work at a hospital and feel bad for anyone that needs to clean up any messes. So I yell at my husband "oh crap she's going to blow - give me her blanket now!" He swoops it up to me and I hold it underneath us. I am proud to say not a drop landed below us - but I was covered. This was not "baby spit up" this was exorcist vomit. I politely started working my way out (did I mention we were at the front of the line inside...). At first I'm really not gaining anyone's attention so I politely say, "sorry baby threw up". They would awwww at first until they could see how badly we were covered in vomit, then they would part like the Red Sea. Anyway approached 3 CMs in deep conversation who did not offer any help and looked upset that I interrupted their conversation to find the nearest bathroom. However, THANKS to the many Disney Moms who saw me in the bathroom with my baby and HELPED us get cleaned up. One person even offered to go buy me a shirt. You can find polite and good people in Disney!

Ok, I apologize for this one, because it was my own child! LOL

Last year was his FIRST Disney trip. So he's SUPER excited of course. So our first character meal was the Crystal Palace at MK with Pooh Characters. My son was 2 1/2 at the time. We were eating breakfast when he caught a glimpse of Pooh. He got really excited and choked on the cheese cube in his mouth. So, I put my hand over his mouth and pat his back, thinking he'll just spit out the cheese cube....NOPE....He puked probably every thing he had ate the past 2 days! :sad2::scared1::lmao:

And you all know how it's all cloth napkins in there. Luckily, 1. my brother was up at the buffet, because he has a week stomach and would probably have lost it as well, and 2. it didn't even affect my son! He just kept smiling and yelling for Pooh! LOL

The bad news is my son REFUSED to leave without seeing Pooh. He'd been waiting all morning. So I have all these CUTE pics of him with the characters, but he has a giant WET SPOT on his shirt from where I tried to clean up the mess! LOL

So again, I'm sorry about that if anyone else had to witness that! LOL:rotfl:

So again, I'm sorry about that if anyone else had to witness that! LOL:rotfl:
My wife (also a CM) and I were talking about the dreaded "protein spills" just the other day -- and how there's probably not one square inch of the MK left that someone hasn't vomited on at some point in the last 40 years.

My wife (also a CM) and I were talking about the dreaded "protein spills" just the other day -- and how there's probably not one square inch of the MK left that someone hasn't vomited on at some point in the last 40 years.

LOL! Too funny! It was pretty embarrassing for me at the time though! :rotfl: I figure it will be a great story to tell his girlfriends some day!

I just laughed myself into a chair squeaking desk shaking crying fit over the post that says "Oh crap she's gonna blow".

I think my grossest encounter was a pair of teens on a semi-empty POTC boat grunting and groaning. Not sure if they got the deed done or not, I didnt watch, but it was disgusting none the less!

I think my grossest encounter was a pair of teens on a semi-empty POTC boat grunting and groaning. Not sure if they got the deed done or not, I didnt watch, but it was disgusting none the less!

Ah yes, the ever so polite and discrete youth of today. :sad2:

Ah yes, the ever so polite and discrete youth of today. :sad2:

I think I would have turned around and watched. Make them feel embarrassed. Maybe clapped at the end.......:rolleyes1

We were there about 3 weeks ago and saw a couple of strange things. One lady was plucking her eyebrows sitting on the stone wall in front of Everest. On another occassion we were eating and a man at the next table kept pulling tweezers out of his shirt pocket and tweezing stuff on his face--once his nose and another time his facial hair. I know I was giving him the weirdest look wondering what in the world was he doing?

I guess they did not know about Tom Sawyers Island.

My mom and aunt were on TSI years ago and saw a couple doing the wild thing in the wilds of MK. :scared1::eek::rolleyes1:rotfl2:

Later,
Dan

OK, I can't resist the urge.

We were @ our hotel pool one day this past trip, enjoying our family down time.

I looked up from what I was doing to catch site of a ~225 lb woman sitting on one of the pool lounge chairs in her swim suit.

She was sideways on the chair, legs sprawled, plucking her bikini area with tweezers.

As if that weren't bad enough, she was brushing the pluckings onto the ground for the next unsuspecting guest to walk in.

GROSS!! :scared:

I was almost one of the pucking stories PP's have been writing about!

I'm not sure which is more disturbing: the things we see or the fact I keep reading them!

The grossest thing I've ever seen at WDW actually came out of my own child! :rotfl2: DD (then 2 and not potty trained) had been sick the week before and had some.....ummmmm, side effects from the antibiotics. We had just finished a nice lunch at Tony's when DD experienced a "side effect". I believe you are all calling them "protien spills", and not the puking kind. It went out the pull up into her shirt AND down her pants and into her socks. We went to the rest room and cleaned her up the best I could (I just through the whole outfit away in a plastic sack I had), and luckily I had an extra shirt for her. Needless to say, we went back to the resort for a bath and nap.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter