• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Greatest Surprise Trip Ever.....Thanks Honey (April 26-30, 2010)

I can't believe I forgot the best part of DTD....Goofy's Candy Co. My most favorite eatery in the whole world. the downfall of going into this place is DD's want everything they see. So do I. DD5 wanted one of those tubes that you fill with the powdered candy, I let her get a short one because I knew she would not eat it. Guess what? It's still in their snack basket at home. DD9 wanted different colored M&M's. Goofy's doesn't have the colored M&M's, hum. I told her she could wait if she really wanted M&M's because the candy store on Main Street in MK definately has them and I promised we would get her some there. She said OK. I told her she could get a little something else. She choose to get some gummy candies and a powdered candy tubes. DH and I headed straight to the counter to order the create your own snack.

DH ordered the Large vanilla creme filled cookie (XL Oreo) dipped in Milk chocolate with sprinkes and milk chocolate drizzle. He said it was awesome.

I ordered the pretzel rods (3). All were dipped in milk chocolate, one with sprinkles, one with mini m&m's, and one with pecans. All were drizzled with mild chocolate. All were good, I wouldn't get the pecans again. I guess it was a little to much salt.

DSC0013.jpg

DSC0012-1.jpg

Sorry I haven't posted an update. We bought the kids a small pool, around 3 ft deep and that is all we've been doing.

Day 1

We had an ADR at the Grand Floridian 1900 Park Fare Character Breakfast at 8am. Our first morning and I have to get everyone up and ready to go at 6am. Funny how my kids always get up right away at Disney. To bad they can't do that on school mornings. While we are getting ready, DH gets everyone something to drink in our refillable mugs. That is one thing I love about having a preferred room, we are close enough that someone can run down and get something to drink while the rest of us are getting ready. A couple of pictures of the girls in the room before we go:

DSC0014.jpg

DSC0015.jpg

Guess DD5 was not fully awake to take a picture.

We are ready to go for 6:45 and off to the bus stop.

DSC0017.jpg

Guess she decided that she would smile for a picture.

DSC0022.jpg

A rare picture of myself. I am always the one taking the pictures.

We were the only ones at the bus stop. No one else is crazy enough to be up and at the bus stop at 7am.

We were excited to be going to the Grand Floridian, we never been the resort before. We take the bus to MK then walk over to the monorail to the GF. We get there and it is beautiful. We stop in the gift shop to buy the girls autograph books. I only took a couple of pictures inside the GF:

DSC0026.jpg

DSC0034.jpg

We walk downstairs to the restaurant and we have to wait just a minute. We take our picture and the hostess is ready to take us to our table. She also tells us there are surprise guests waiting inside for us. The characters that are normally there are Alice, Madhatter and Mary Poppins. We walk in and Winnie the Pooh and Tigger are there also. The breakfast was really good. You can order your own omelets. The kids were excited that they had mickey waffles. They also love that the kids section of the buffet is at their level so they can serve their own food. DD5 refused to take a picture with Pooh, Tigger and the MadHatter. The Mad Hatter was really fun. He was very loud and played the part great.

DSC0027.jpg

DSC0028.jpg

DSC0031.jpg

DSC0032.jpg

DSC0029.jpg

DSC0033.jpg

I also heard many things about the Strawberry Soup, so I had to try it. It was good. It is very rich, it was like a smoothy. I could not eat very much of it.

DSC0030.jpg

Up next: headed to Epcot.

Great update! I just love that you can order your omelettes! Yummy! Wish I had one now. Lol. Can't wait to hear more! :)

Great update! 1900 Park Fare looks yummy and the character pics are too cute. Looking forward to hearing how the rest of your day went.

Hello and thanks for reading my TR.

Let me start by introducing my family. We live in Southeast Louisiana, about one hour south of New Orleans. That is about 700 miles to Disney one way. :scared1:

That has me hooked! We must leave nearby!!!! Now back to reading!

Beautiful pics of the GF! And cute pics of the kids with the characters! So glad Winnie the pooh and tigger were there also! That strawberry soup looks yummy! Can’t wait to hear about epcot!

Ok, caught up & LOVING it! I am dreading the 12 hr drive with an almost 10 yr old, 7 yr old & a 14 month old!!!

Great update! I just love that you can order your omelettes! Yummy! Wish I had one now. Lol. Can't wait to hear more! :)

The omelets were delicious. The chef was very entertaining-he quizzed us on Disney trivia while we waited for our omelets.

Ok, caught up & LOVING it! I am dreading the 12 hr drive with an almost 10 yr old, 7 yr old & a 14 month old!!!

the drive was not as bad as I thought it would be. I had lots of things to do for them in the car. And DH is also very entertaining as you will get to learn throughout our trip.

the drive was not as bad as I thought it would be. I had lots of things to do for them in the car. And DH is also very entertaining as you will get to learn throughout our trip.

I have tons of stuff for them to do in the car that I have printed out. I just hope it will last. How long was the drive?

Before I get to Epcot, I just wanted to let everyone know that I got my photopass cd in the mail. :yay: I also ordered a Photobook. It is awesome. I will have to take pictures of it and post it.

We finally make it to Epcot.

All three of our trips, we have made it when the Flower and Garden Festival is going on. I love to see all the awesome toparies and flowers.

Our first ride was Spaceship Earth. DD9 loves this ride for some reason. DD5 was not scared last trip, but this trip she cried. Can't figure out why. I think she doesn't like the dark.

A couple of pictures waiting in line:

034.jpg

036.jpg

Next we headed to the Land. DH went get fastpasses for Soarin'. DH grandfather called to see how we were liking the beach. Surprise, we are in DW. He, along with everyone else, didn't believe us at first. DD9 spoke to him and had to hand the phone over to DH so he could convince him that is really where we were. It wasn't just a surprise for the kids, no one knew.

I took a picture while waiting for DH to get FP's:

039.jpg

After DH retreived FP's, we head to The Seas and ride Nemo. We rode Nemo and DD5 wanted to ride with me (a trend throughout the trip) so DD9 rode with DH. The girls didn't want to look around the aquarium for some reason. We also did Turtle Talk with Crush. I don't know about you guys, but I love Crush. DD5 was brave and sat up front with the other kids. On past trips she was always to scared of everything. She is scared of the dark, loud noises, doesn't like to get wet and anything else you can think of. And what do you know, Disney is famous for the dark rides and getting wet.

040.jpg

I made the mistake of telling DH that I would like to be in some pictures. Well, I didn't realize how big I looked. I really think its time to loose some weight.

That was a little off topic. Now on to Figment.

DD5 loves Figment. You will realize that my DD's like the weirdest rides. So, off to Figment. This is the corniest ride. We love to play with the games when you exit the ride. DD's dancing:

041.jpg

042.jpg

044.jpg

Next, we are off to see Tinkerbell's garden and how long the wait for TT is.

I have tons of stuff for them to do in the car that I have printed out. I just hope it will last. How long was the drive?

We pulled out of our street at 2:11am. We made 4 potty stops and stopped for breakfast which was about 45 minutes. We also made a wrong turn when we arrived at Disney. We pulled into ASMo at 3:30 pm.

My girls have their DVD players, Nintendo DS's and coloring books and paper to color and draw. I pack them color pencils instead of colors so they don't melt.

I love Figment!!!! I can't wait to see him again!!!

And you look great!!!!

Each trip, DD5 always want a stuffed animal. I think stuffed animals are a waste because once we are home, they just sit there. Anyhow, her Disney animals always seem to be played with. She even needs one tucked into bed with her at night.

When you exit figment, they have those neat pictures that they take your picture with the green background and put you in a picture. I had to bribe
DD5 who was 4 at the time and told her she could have anything from the gift shop she wanted. And she chose Figment.

Thanks!! but I really need to get back into shape. Having children, I really don't take any time to keep myself up.

Each trip, DD5 always want a stuffed animal. I think stuffed animals are a waste because once we are home, they just sit there. Anyhow, her Disney animals always seem to be played with. She even needs one tucked into bed with her at night.

When you exit figment, they have those neat pictures that they take your picture with the green background and put you in a picture. I had to bribe
DD5 who was 4 at the time and told her she could have anything from the gift shop she wanted. And she chose Figment.

Thanks!! but I really need to get back into shape. Having children, I really don't take any time to keep myself up.

DS9, will be 10 at WDW, collects stuffed Mickeys, which he passes on to his baby sister.

Girl don't I know it! 3 kids has done a toll on my body too!!!

Thos e look like yummy treats from Goofy's!

Thanks for the pics of 1900 Park Fare. My sister is coming with us next summer with her5yo DD. We were talking about this very breakfast a couple of days ago. Your Epcot day is looking great. If your kids are weird for their ride choices, then my kids are as well. They love Figment too.

Thos e look like yummy treats from Goofy's!

Thanks for the pics of 1900 Park Fare. My sister is coming with us next summer with her5yo DD. We were talking about this very breakfast a couple of days ago. Your Epcot day is looking great. If your kids are weird for their ride choices, then my kids are as well. They love Figment too.

We reallly enjoyed 1900 Park Fare Breakfast.

My children's next favorite ride is Carousel of Progress. :laughing:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter