Greatest Surprise Trip Ever.....Thanks Honey (April 26-30, 2010)

I had quite a few posts to catch up on. Such great pictures at the Poly! So glad you got to stay the extra day and enjoy some of your favs. I am with you, love ToT! How funny that Madi fell asleep in American Idol, not exactly quite in there. Sad that your tr is coming to an end.

I am sad that its coming to an end also, but I will also start my PTR soon for my trip next year, I made my reservations today. :yay:

Oh no, you're almost done and I just got caught up. :(

I just wanted to say great Photopass pics throughout the whole trip! I love the one in front of Mickey's hat in HS. The LSU shirts look great! I love when family's match. :)

Hoop-de-doo sounds great! I so want to eat there one day. We stayed at the Fort Wilderness cabins and would see and hear people coming out each night and it always seemed like everyone loved it.

Great pics around the Poly, especially your girls in the hammock. Too cute! :cutie:

That's so great that Madi went on Splash Mountain! I find from reading trip reports on here that kids get the courage to ride things out of the blue at Disney, to the surprise of their parents usually! I'm happy I'll get to follow along with you from the beginning on your next TR. I'll be looking out for your PTR when it starts! :goodvibes

Sorry guys, I've been MIA. With the start of school and dancing starting, we've been really busy. I hope to post our final plans later tonight.

We head to the front of the park and do a little shopping on the way out. Back at the resort we do a little shopping for things we missed. We didn't do much shopping all week, :scared1: which is surprising for me. HaHaHa. In the room, obviously I was the only one packing. We were all sad that we were leaving the next day. We planned on hitting the road early. Even though we weren't going all the way home, we still had about a 10 hour drive without stops. And of course, we will need to stop. :laughing: We get up around 7 and get up slowly, because no one wants to go home. We pack the car and head to lobby to checkout. So we are on the road, and our first stop is.......

the McDonald's about one minute from ASMo. :rotfl:

So, back on the road. We missed this on the way in, but caught it on the way out:

520.jpg

Even though I was sad that we missed this on the way in because the GPS took us to DTD, I was excited that I got to see it. Shannon stopped the car and I got out and took a picture. Seeing it before on the Magical Express Bus is not the same.

We only have to drive to Slidell, Louisiana for Jaden's dancing competition. Slidell is about two hours north of our house. Our
drive to slidell was very uneventful. we stopped for a few bathroom breaks and a late lunch stop at Applebee's. We make it to Slidell about 9 pm.

So sad that our trip was over. :guilty:

:thanks: Thanks to everyone who followed along.

But the good news is that we are going back in 2011 :banana: with the in-laws :eek: So maybe I will start a PTR being I already have our dates booked and so much planning done already.

I will post some pictures from our trip that didn't make it to the TR later.

Hello! I just caught up on your TR...my family was there the same time!
we too had plans to catch Spectro Sunday night...unlike you guys we had decided to go back to the resort for a swim, dinner before heading out. We didn't make it for that swim and we thought better of trying to catch Spectro that night.

We were there the same time with you guys for Fantasmic; we love that show. I hope you and your family enjoyed the show.

sounds like your family had a magical time visiting and how exciting that you were able to extend your trip by a day :yay:

I laughed when you mentioned Madi on the safari...we live about 13 mi from GWL and Ashton (DS4) ask to feed the animals every where we go.

You have a beautiful family and wonderful family and pictures of your girls from this vacay...what an exciting time!

:wave2: Connie

Hello! I just caught up on your TR...my family was there the same time!
we too had plans to catch Spectro Sunday night...unlike you guys we had decided to go back to the resort for a swim, dinner before heading out. We didn't make it for that swim and we thought better of trying to catch Spectro that night.

We were there the same time with you guys for Fantasmic; we love that show. I hope you and your family enjoyed the show.

sounds like your family had a magical time visiting and how exciting that you were able to extend your trip by a day :yay:

I laughed when you mentioned Madi on the safari...we live about 13 mi from GWL and Ashton (DS4) ask to feed the animals every where we go.

You have a beautiful family and wonderful family and pictures of your girls from this vacay...what an exciting time!

:wave2: Connie

I should have done a PTR because I could have met up with some of you guys. There were a few families there at the same time. Maybe next trip.

We go camping at Yogi Bear all the time, we are members there and we also have some friends that live in Folsom. It's such a small world.

Sorry Guys. I really want to post some more pics from our trip, but I can't seem to get in a routine since school started. But I promise that this weekend I will.

Real Life Update:

I haven't spoke of how wonderful my husband is. :flower3: He give the girls and I just about anything we want, within reason. Well, we go camping alot and I was driving the the truck that we pull the camper with, just a regular full size truck. Then I asked him to trade in his little toyota for a Chevy Trailblazer and of course he said no problem, because he would get the bigger truck. But, I have always wanted a Suburban, but I knew my budget could never afford it. Well, about two weeks ago, he came home with one, to test out for the night. Well, I've never know anyone to test it out and not buy it. It is not brand new, but it was a great deal. So, I am now driving a Suburban :lovestruc that burns ALOT of gas!! :scared1: Isn't he wonderful!!! I will also post some pics of it.

Congratulations! that is too funny my neighbor & BF did the same exact thing about two years ago...she traded her trailblazer in for a surburan...she loves it! enjoy!

OK Guys... I know I said that I would post some more pics from our trip that didn't make it into the TR. I looked through my pics and they all made it in the TR. The only ones I have left are just some landscaping or another view of the same pics.

Sorry.

I will start my PTR soon. I really need to start because I want to post our beach photos from today. I managed to take almost 300 pics of the girls in about an hour. :eek:

I will post the link to my PTR as soon as I start.

Just think how much room the Suburban will give you while driving to WDW! Gas? Oh, don't worry about it - it's good for our economy down here! :rotfl:

Hey girl! I have so much to catch up on since I have been so bad reading reading my subbed TRs. I am starting all the way back on page 4.

We have never seen VoL. We'll have to check out their singing once sometime. I hear so many wonderful things about them.

Love Sunshine Season!!!! It's one of our favorite CS restaurants.

Cooper was not tall enough for Soarin in May, but he knows he is tall enough now. Like Madison, he is scared. His problem is that he is scared of the unknown. He doesn't know what it is all about.

That is so funny that no one believed yall were in WDW.

What a gloomy entrance into MK! Very ominous...You always look at the pictures and think later about what you should have done. At least the night wasn't a total bust. You got somee attractions in under your belt. Love Buzz! It's a must-do for my boys!

Your day in DHS looks like it was a lot of fun. We agree with your experience at Pizza Planet. We hae never had pizza here that we thought was tasty.

Yay for Madi ringing the bell at HDDR!!!

As much as we think the SFT is kinda lame, the boys really like it.

It was our boys' first time doing the Tiki Room this time as well. They liked it, so we will likely do it again in the future.

Cooper gets scared on Pirates as well. He's okay after the drop, but the beginning is just too ominous for him.

Such cute haircuts, even though they have probably grown significantly since you posted those pics.

3D movies - Cooper wears the glasses until the first things comes toward him. Once that happens, he takes the glasses off and refuses to wear them for the rest of the show. He'll get it one day. LOL...

We made a point to visit Minnie and Mickey's houses this trip since they'll be gone next year.

YAY on getting to ride Splash! Love that ride...

That was definitely a late night for F!

AK is definitely hot, but it's mostly outside. There's not a whole lot of attractions inside like the other parks.

Love your PP pics!

KS is one of our favorites. The boys love it so much!

It was Cooper's first time riding Kali as well. He was so proud to get his hand stamped. He was fine all the way through the line until we reach the point where he sees wet people exiting. He started getting anxious and was definitely not happy about getting wet.

LOVE EE! So glad you got to ride it! I like it more every time I try it.

YAY for an extra day at WDW!!!

Sorry to hear the food for dinner at 1900 PF was not so great. I always hate when that happens.

What is it with kids getting a bowl of M&M's as a dessert at a buffet. There are so many choices, and they pick M&Ms. LOL...my boys do the dame thing.

Your day at Epcot looks like it was a lot of fun from your pictures.

We LOVE WCC!!! It is so much fun for all the reasons you listed. If you ever get the chance to stay at WL, take it. It is one of our favorites. We're hoping to switch our DVC reservation to there for next summer's trip.

What a lovely evening at MK after dinner. That sucks about missing Monsters Inc. It's so much fun!

Beautiful pics at the Poly!

I love that set-up for the pics with Buzz and Woody. It's so cool that you are all on Andy's bed.

I'm glad Madi got to see Diasy and ride Splash. It would have been so disappointing if she would have missed her before yall left. I'm also glad to hear you got to see Spectro as well.

YAY for the new Suburban! I'm itching for a new vehicle, but I am trying to hold out for a couple of years...maybe less. Bryan's will be paid off in early 2012. It would be nice to not have 2 car notes to pay at once.

Looking forward to the new PTR! I'll keep an eye out for the link!

Hey girl! I have so much to catch up on since I have been so bad reading reading my subbed TRs. I am starting all the way back on page 4.

We have never seen VoL. We'll have to check out their singing once sometime. I hear so many wonderful things about them.

Love Sunshine Season!!!! It's one of our favorite CS restaurants.

Cooper was not tall enough for Soarin in May, but he knows he is tall enough now. Like Madison, he is scared. His problem is that he is scared of the unknown. He doesn't know what it is all about.

That is so funny that no one believed yall were in WDW.

What a gloomy entrance into MK! Very ominous...You always look at the pictures and think later about what you should have done. At least the night wasn't a total bust. You got somee attractions in under your belt. Love Buzz! It's a must-do for my boys!

Your day in DHS looks like it was a lot of fun. We agree with your experience at Pizza Planet. We hae never had pizza here that we thought was tasty.

Yay for Madi ringing the bell at HDDR!!!

As much as we think the SFT is kinda lame, the boys really like it.

It was our boys' first time doing the Tiki Room this time as well. They liked it, so we will likely do it again in the future.

Cooper gets scared on Pirates as well. He's okay after the drop, but the beginning is just too ominous for him.

Such cute haircuts, even though they have probably grown significantly since you posted those pics.

3D movies - Cooper wears the glasses until the first things comes toward him. Once that happens, he takes the glasses off and refuses to wear them for the rest of the show. He'll get it one day. LOL...

We made a point to visit Minnie and Mickey's houses this trip since they'll be gone next year.

YAY on getting to ride Splash! Love that ride...

That was definitely a late night for F!

AK is definitely hot, but it's mostly outside. There's not a whole lot of attractions inside like the other parks.

Love your PP pics!

KS is one of our favorites. The boys love it so much!

It was Cooper's first time riding Kali as well. He was so proud to get his hand stamped. He was fine all the way through the line until we reach the point where he sees wet people exiting. He started getting anxious and was definitely not happy about getting wet.

LOVE EE! So glad you got to ride it! I like it more every time I try it.

YAY for an extra day at WDW!!!

Sorry to hear the food for dinner at 1900 PF was not so great. I always hate when that happens.

What is it with kids getting a bowl of M&M's as a dessert at a buffet. There are so many choices, and they pick M&Ms. LOL...my boys do the dame thing.

Your day at Epcot looks like it was a lot of fun from your pictures.

We LOVE WCC!!! It is so much fun for all the reasons you listed. If you ever get the chance to stay at WL, take it. It is one of our favorites. We're hoping to switch our DVC reservation to there for next summer's trip.

What a lovely evening at MK after dinner. That sucks about missing Monsters Inc. It's so much fun!

Beautiful pics at the Poly!

I love that set-up for the pics with Buzz and Woody. It's so cool that you are all on Andy's bed.

I'm glad Madi got to see Diasy and ride Splash. It would have been so disappointing if she would have missed her before yall left. I'm also glad to hear you got to see Spectro as well.

YAY for the new Suburban! I'm itching for a new vehicle, but I am trying to hold out for a couple of years...maybe less. Bryan's will be paid off in early 2012. It would be nice to not have 2 car notes to pay at once.

Looking forward to the new PTR! I'll keep an eye out for the link!

Thanks for all those comments!

I finally started my PTR: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2559291

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter