Great Wolf Lodge Kansas

I tried calling this morning to see if they would match that great rate or if there were any unadvertised specials. Nope. So we will have to just go with our AAA rate which is the best for our dates I can find. I asked if a better rate comes out after booking can we rebook with that and she said yes, I hope she's right.

Another question tho is, do we need to book the paw pass thing when we make the ressies or can we wait til we get there? Is it more if we wait? Is it better to get the one with the magiquest included? I'm thinking maybe we can buy 1 wand and they can share though. This is what I've heard. I have no idea so any help is appreciated!!

TIA!!:goodvibes

Also, if I book the paw passes on the resv. do I pay for them right way? I know there will be the first night deposit. If anyone has the answers to these questions I appreciate it!!

Great Wolf Lodge has shown up on Kansas City's Groupon and Living Social, so you might sign up for those. You may end up with a bunch of offers of things you don't want, and Great Wolf may never show up, but it might be worth a shot for a discount.

Great Wolf Lodge has shown up on Kansas City's Groupon and Living Social, so you might sign up for those. You may end up with a bunch of offers of things you don't want, and Great Wolf may never show up, but it might be worth a shot for a discount.

OK, Thanks!:thumbsup2

I'm on the Kansas side and I don't think that Great Wolf is run down at all, just super pricey! When they first opened we got great deals for around $99 a night but haven't seen anything like that in a long time. We did get a great deal with groupon last year but there was a very limited time frame to use it and literally every day that you could use it was sold out and they would not honor it outside of the time frame. So basically they sold more groupons than they had rooms available. Fritz's and T-REX are both fun for the kids just on the pricey side. I also vote for Oklahoma Joe's just keep in mind they are closed on Sundays. I also would not do Coco Keys. Since you don't have to stay there in order to go I think they are way over crowded. It was hard to keep track of the kids and all the life guards were more interested in socializing than doing their jobs. I also vote for Fork and Screen at AMC in Olathe. The kids love eating a meal while at the movies.

Well, I did book with my AAA card. It was the best discount I can find.

We plan to visit Fritz's and Oklahoma Joe's most likely (already looked them up online.) Not sure about T-Rex yet since we are going to WDW in June and may go to the one there.

Fork and screen sounds fun if we have time.

I'm really looking forward to it. Should be fun!!:cool1:

Since you plan on going to Fritz's:

If your kids like crafts/art projects, you really might want to hit up Kaleidoscope. It is sponsored by Hallmark and is free. I loved Kaleidoscope as a child--and now love taking my kids. It is right across the street from Fritz's--you may be able to get there from the Skywalk, if I remember correctly. It could take as little or as much time as you wanted--and all for free. It is one of KC's best attractions for creative kids--and a hidden gem.

Wow, surprised to see so many KC people on here (but guess I shouldn't be). You've gotten great suggestions. I was going to take my DS8 to GWL for Spring Break but too expensive so we opted for Disney this summer instead LOL.

I saw mentions of Fritz's at Crown Center as well as Power Play in Shawnee. There's also a Fritz's in Shawnee very close to Power Play, and only about 10 minutes from GWL. That area is certainly not as touristy as the Crown Center Area, but it's also a lot less crowded.

As far as the drive ... if your kids are at all interested in science/technology, you'll see a HUGE number of wind turbines along the highway, probably too many to count. I find those very impressive. http://www.kansastravel.org/smokeyhillwindfarm.htm

Yes, we've seen the wind turbines when we've driven to IL. We also have some in Colo. I think my DH and I were more interested than the kids tho.:upsidedow

Maybe we'll have to try Fritz's in shawnee instead if its less crowded. Thx!:)

I took my son to Legoland and tried to get into Fritz's at Crown Center. The wait was TWO HOURS!!! But it's a really fun place to eat -- the food isn't fantastic but the atmosphere is. The one in Shawnee is larger, cleaner and a lot less crowded!

If you're heading into the City via I-70, the original Fritz's is on the way. I haven't been to that one but it would certainly be convenient.

You might also try signing up for coupons on their website. I just did!

http://www.fritzskc.com/

Yes! When I showed the kids the GWL website, they wanted to leave right away!! ;)

I'm curious, is there a Super Target or Walmart in the area that carries groceries?

There is a target really nearby GWL that I believe carries grocerys. Even though the wait can be a little long at the crown center Fritzs I would really suggest going to that one and taking advantage of some of the other things in crown center area. Kalidescope is really a wonderful suggestion and its free.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter