Great server on Fantasy??

how do you go about asking for specific servers? right when you get on board?

thanks

If you booked directly with DCL, call them and ask to have the request noted on your reservation. If you used a TA, have them contact DCL to get the requested noted.

We had Shellyann from Trinidad and Tobago. She was wonderful and made us feel like we were her family.

Nothing was ever said about the comment card or giving her an excellent, she just provided excellent service. I told her the last night that I appreciated that and we were giving her an excellent and it was a pleasure to have someone who earned it without any words to request it.

She and her asst server were working together for the first time and we did not find taht out until the last night. They were so good we never suspected, there was no noticeable learning curve. I am sorry I forgot her name, but she was from the Phillipines.

We just got off the Fantasy Sunday and had this team too - Shellyann and Aries. They were by far the BEST servers of our three cruises. Shellyann approached her job with such calmness, without the "pushy" feeling you can sometimes get from servers about being "excellent". In fact, we joked with Shellyann that she was supposed to mention the word "excellent" much more often. She smiled and said "I like to earn that rating without mentioning the word over and over." PERFECT. My DD9 cried like a baby on disembarkation morning in the restaurant because she loved our serving team so much. We will definitely be asking for them again on our next Fantasy cruise.

BTW - isn't it "excellent" to read about so many different serving teams that are doing well? Disney should be extremely proud of their serving teams!

We were just on the 3/9 Fantasy Eastern, and we had Lorraine from Jamaica as our main server, and Rudwin from Honduras (I think?) as the assistant. The head server was Jaime (can't remember where he was from).

We ADORED Lorraine and Rudwin. They were so fantastic with our kids (DD10 and DS6). Lorraine finished her contract and was flying back home on Saturday, but she said she'd be coming back. Rudwin was quite the talent at keeping our kids entertained. for several nights, he set out logic puzzles out of crayons. Other nights, he made napkin dolls for them to play with. On the last night he was defying gravity laws with toothpicks and utensils on top of the wine bottle. He was great. I fully expected the kids to ask to eat dinner in the kids club each night, but EVERY SINGLE NIGHT they wanted to come to the dining room to see Rudwin. They even freaked out one day when they saw him working at Fillmore's at lunchtime.

We weren't too excited about Jaime initially. We were three nights into the cruise before we even knew who the head server was. We figured out why though, once we did meet him. By the time he came by to introduce himself, he spent a LOT of time at our table talking to us. We were ready to not tip him if we never even met him, but he did stop by each night for the rest of the cruise.

We just got off the Fantasy on Saturday and had Rudwin as our asst. server...we had the same experience with him and loved, loved, loved him! He was so great with our kids and was such a sweetheart!

We LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Ali!!! He was our server first on the Magic, then on the Dream, then a Head Server on the Dream, and now he's moved to the Fantasy! We can't wait to see him in September.
On our Fantasy cruise last June, we had O'Neil from Jamaica and Ninja. We have requested Helen from Scotland for our September cruise, she was Ali's assistant server on the Dream, and we thought she was fabulous! :)

We had Shellyann from Trinidad and Tobago. She was wonderful and made us feel like we were her family.

Nothing was ever said about the comment card or giving her an excellent, she just provided excellent service. I told her the last night that I appreciated that and we were giving her an excellent and it was a pleasure to have someone who earned it without any words to request it.

She and her asst server were working together for the first time and we did not find taht out until the last night. They were so good we never suspected, there was no noticeable learning curve. I am sorry I forgot her name, but she was from the Phillipines.

We had them on the June 1st Eastern and they were amazing! We had the same experience as you, they never once mentioned the excellent rating - just did everything needed to earn it. They were so good with my kids, always made sure we had what we needed and made our cruise just perfect. Her assistant, Aries, was so fun.

wanted to thank the person who recommended Radoslav. We had him last week on the Fantasy as our assistant server and he was amazing and made dinner every night special.

We had Ferdi (asst server) and Malwyn (server) last week on the fantasy. They were both great and seemed to truly want us to enjoy dinner. Ferdi did magic tricks for DS every night and made his ketchup shaped like Mickey every night. Malwyn cut my food each night when he realized I had trouble doing it due to severe arthritis. I didn't even ask and told him it wasn't necessary, but he insisted each night even though I noticed he was extremely busy. They both worked together great compared to other teams we saw.

We only saw the head server once per night for less than 30 seconds to ask if everything was ok. So we didn't get a good or bad opinion of him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter