Great Movie Ride closes for Mickey and Minnie's Runaway Railway

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope it's not another lame clamshell dark ride. What Universal has done with Harry Potter, Minions, Spider-Man, and that's an older ride, just blows what Disney does out of the water. Time to go with a better technology.
I completely agree about the quality of rides Universal has been pumping out lately. Both Harry Potter attractions (the main ones in each park) are amazing to me. I haven't done the new Kong ride, but I am sure that is impressive as well. I am looking forward to the future though with Star Wars, Pandora, Toy Story, etc.

I completely agree about the quality of rides Universal has been pumping out lately. Both Harry Potter attractions (the main ones in each park) are amazing to me. I haven't done the new Kong ride, but I am sure that is impressive as well. I am looking forward to the future though with Star Wars, Pandora, Toy Story, etc.

I did like Escape from Gringott's, but the Forbidden Journey ride made me want to barf. I'll never ride it again. Disney also needs to be careful not to remove all of their more family friendly attractions in favor of these thrill rides. Lots of people go to Disney, including people too young to go on the thrill rides, pregnant women, older people, and people with health issues or prone to motion sickness. These people also need attractions they can enjoy.

This would be very upsetting to me! GMR is one of the classics, and for that it is one of my favorites! Its one of those rides everyone can do together, and I have a lot of great memories of riding this with my entire family. I remember when I got accepted for my first internship with WDW, my dream was to be placed in GMR or TOT. I learned the entire spiel to the ride. DHS has changed so much, it really breaks my heart. I miss the Hollywood that never was! I'm sure I will end up enjoying what they come to move in to DHS but I definitely feel the void in the park right now.

I thought this was to be trackless? :D

sorry just joking....

ba_dum_tss_pirates_band_of_misfits.gif

OMG just brought me back to my honeymoon in 1975 - My hubby and I had tickets in our hands. - some E tickets, some D, C B and A also
If you wanted to go on additional E ticket rides, you had to go to the ticket booth and purchase more..(which of course we did) .. I know we ended up with A tickets - not 100% sure what they were for but we didn't use them

A tickets got you on the bus or horse drawn trolley on Main Street.

So, if the Great Movie Ride closes, that will leave just Tower of Terror, Toy Story Midway Mania, Rock N' Rollercoaster, Muppet Vision 3D, and Star Tours as the only attractions in the Hollywood Studios. That is if Toy Story Land or Star Wars Land is not open yet. So, you would have 5 attractions, 3 day shows, and 2 night shows at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I would still probably go to DHS, but there is no way I would use a one park per day ticket to go there if this closure actually happens. Does anyone think Disney should just close DHS instead of charging full price for only these experiences? They would probably get everything done 10x faster.

Last edited:
I did like Escape from Gringott's, but the Forbidden Journey ride made me want to barf. I'll never ride it again. Disney also needs to be careful not to remove all of their more family friendly attractions in favor of these thrill rides. Lots of people go to Disney, including people too young to go on the thrill rides, pregnant women, older people, and people with health issues or prone to motion sickness. These people also need attractions they can enjoy.

Good point. I don't think Disney has ever thought of this. That'd explain why they're pumping out massive thrill rides that really get your heart pumping like Frozen Ever After and 7 Dwarfs Mine Train.

I really hope they add a Mickey Mouse attraction. It seems shocking to me there are not ANY Mickey attractions considering he's the main character of Disney. I've brought this up and people just say "you can see Mickey in every park and in lots of parades". But that is not an attraction. Then they say "what about philharmagic?". That is a Donald Duck attraction. Mickey's screen time is like 15 seconds.

I NEED MORE MICKEY! I can't be the only one who feels this way.
I agree so strange there is no Mickey Mouse ride, a ride that includes all the "gang" is what disney needs most but I wish they would keep the classics around and extend the parks!!

So, if the Great Movie Ride closes, that will leave just Tower of Terror, Toy Story Midway Mania, Rock N' Rollercoaster, Muppet Vision 3D, and Star Tours as the only attractions in the Hollywood Studios. That is if Toy Story Land or Star Wars Land is not open yet. So, you would have 5 attractions, 3 day shows, and 2 night shows at Disney's Hollywood Studios. I would still probably go to DHS, but there is no way I would use a one park per day ticket to go there if this closure actually happens. Does anyone think Disney should just close DHS instead of charging full price for only these experiences? They would probably get everything done 10x faster.
Half price! One could only hope :)

This seriously bums me out. The ride is corny, but the detail in each movie area is fantastic, I always notice something new when I ride. This and star tours are pretty much all that remains of the MGM studios I loved as a kid.
I understand everything in Disney is subject to change as time goes on, but I don't have to be happy about all of it.

I agree so strange there is no Mickey Mouse ride, a ride that includes all the "gang" is what disney needs most but I wish they would keep the classics around and extend the parks!!

Let me start off by saying I absolutely adore Mickey Mouse. I love his history, I love his old cartoons, I just really like him as a character. I feel like I would really like a ride that goes through his history.

The problem that I think most people don't think about is that Mickey Mouse has transcended just being a character. He is now a symbol. Has there ever been a full length theatrical Mickey Mouse film? Latest theatrical short was Get a Horse which was 2013. Prior to that there was Runaway Brain (1995) and prior to that there was The Prince and the Pauper (1990).

I just feel like there isn't a need for a Mickey Mouse centered anything anymore. He works best when he is just an emcee (The House of Mouse). Just my two cents though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter