Grand Reunion

lilasmom

DIS Veteran
We'll be staying here soon in a timeshare. What area would you request? We will want to swim at night and someone told me the pool by Sandy Ridge closes early. Any tips for this resort? Thanks!

I'm assuming that this is the Wyndham Ginn Reunion resort. I have stayed here many times and the timeshare units are all in the same general vicinity and IMO there's really not much to request. Getting around the resort to anywhere requires a walk/car or their shuttle bus.

You could call the resort to see the hours of each pool, but if I remember correctly they all close relatively early. I could be wrong about this though because we are early morning swimmers before the crowds arrive, as my kids swim laps while on vacation.

The resort is very spread out (which is why we enjoy it).

Request a condo near the waterpark. We had one that had a pool by our building and then we could walk to the waterpark. The waterpark did close early though so check the schedule. I honestly liked this resort if I planned on playing golf and was there with just DH. But with the kids and doing the park, I would not choose it again. We just decided to extend our trip last year and Bonnet was sold out so we tried it there for the last few nights.

Request a condo near the waterpark. We had one that had a pool by our building and then we could walk to the waterpark. The waterpark did close early though so check the schedule. I honestly liked this resort if I planned on playing golf and was there with just DH. But with the kids and doing the park, I would not choose it again. We just decided to extend our trip last year and Bonnet was sold out so we tried it there for the last few nights.

Why would you not chose it again? We will be doing the parks, so I'm worried about the drive. We've stayed at the WBC a few times and liked it, but wanted something different last year. Last year we stayed at the Grand Beach and loved it. Wanting to try something new this year we are doing the Reunion. We will be there 9 nights and will only go to the waterpark on our last day, when we have no park tickets. We like to swim at night, 8-9pm, so I want us to be near a pool that will be open.

How long did it take you to get to the MK from there?
Thanks!

Why would you not chose it again? We will be doing the parks, so I'm worried about the drive. We've stayed at the WBC a few times and liked it, but wanted something different last year. Last year we stayed at the Grand Beach and loved it. Wanting to try something new this year we are doing the Reunion. We will be there 9 nights and will only go to the waterpark on our last day, when we have no park tickets. We like to swim at night, 8-9pm, so I want us to be near a pool that will be open.

How long did it take you to get to the MK from there?
Thanks!

It is a good drive, but I honestly can't remember how long maybe around 20+ minutes. After staying at WBC for 2 weeks I just did not like how spread out everything was. The rooms were extremely nice, we had a 3BR and the rooms were large it had 3 baths which was nice and everything was comfortable.

Maybe it was just too quiet :) I would go back for a couple's trip and golf, the kids just did not seem to enjoy it as much. We spent one day at the waterpark and they had a BBQ going on for Memorial Day. They did not have any free activities for the kids, if you wanted to use the kids club you had to pay each day and the hours were odd

It is a good drive, but I honestly can't remember how long maybe around 20+ minutes. After staying at WBC for 2 weeks I just did not like how spread out everything was. The rooms were extremely nice, we had a 3BR and the rooms were large it had 3 baths which was nice and everything was comfortable.

Maybe it was just too quiet :) I would go back for a couple's trip and golf, the kids just did not seem to enjoy it as much. We spent one day at the waterpark and they had a BBQ going on for Memorial Day. They did not have any free activities for the kids, if you wanted to use the kids club you had to pay each day and the hours were odd

Thank you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter