Grand Floridian-NEW FLOOR--PICTURES!

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. :surfweb: I think the new marble tiles are beautiful.

Jakeybake, to the best of my memory the portions of the floors that are marble tiles now were only carpeted during the refurbishment. Prior to that they were ceramic tiles I think. The middle of the lobby and stairs are still carpeted...at least as of a week and a half ago when we were last there.

Hi BamaTigger,
Thank you very much for sharing the pictures. I think the floors look beautiful and the characters are a really nice touch. I look forward to seeing it in person. Thanks again. :thumbsup2
________
Mercedes-benz w180

Oh - I want to put that in my house.

Linda

Maybe they will offer them under their Disney Resort brochure to purchase, lol. :rotfl:

I cannot imagine the price, but they are gorgeous! I love the Peter Pan scene. It really brings the GF more into the Disney theme.

We we visited the GF last week, I went around taking pics of the floor. Glad I wasn't the only one ;) (people looked at me like I was nuts, lol.)

Though I think the floor looks beautiful it looks to me like they put marble down in areas where there previously was rug.

You would think I would be the last person in the world to say this since I ripped up all the rugs in the new home we bought and refinished all of the hardwood floors, BUT.......

I think the areas with rug added a warmth to the resort and I don't think that will be there now. The number one negative comment I read on the DIS about the GF is how stuffy it feels to some folks. Now I happen to not fall into that category (I think it's warm and elegant) but this move to all marble looks to add fuel to that fire.

Regardless the GF will always be my favorite resort given that it is where my DW and I spent our honeymoon. It will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Jay

The rug was temporary... here's a pic of the old floor... the old floor was just regular tile

p291153-Orlando-Disneys_Grand_Floridian_Band.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter