Grand Floridian-NEW FLOOR--PICTURES!

BamaTigger

DIS Veteran
DSC01348.jpg

DSC01351.jpg

DSC01358.jpg

DSC01366.jpg

I LOVE the new floor...it is so much prettier in person. Its shiny, and the Disney characters are a really nice touch!:lovestruc

Though I think the floor looks beautiful it looks to me like they put marble down in areas where there previously was rug.

You would think I would be the last person in the world to say this since I ripped up all the rugs in the new home we bought and refinished all of the hardwood floors, BUT.......

I think the areas with rug added a warmth to the resort and I don't think that will be there now. The number one negative comment I read on the DIS about the GF is how stuffy it feels to some folks. Now I happen to not fall into that category (I think it's warm and elegant) but this move to all marble looks to add fuel to that fire.

Regardless the GF will always be my favorite resort given that it is where my DW and I spent our honeymoon. It will always hold a special place in our hearts.

Jay

Cannot wait to see the floors in person in July!!! Thanks for sharing the pictures!

Thanks for posting the photos! We stayed at the GF when they were starting on the floor this summer, so it's really nice to see how wonderful it is looking now!:)

I didn't even know they were doing that! I'll need to check it out in February (GF was the first resort I've ever stayed in at WDW so it holds a special place for me).

Cali-D!!!! Where have you BEEN!?!?!

I remember you from these boards YEARS ago - I was planning my honeymoon. It's been practically a DECADE!

Hope you're well and still visiting WDW (and the GF and Contemporary) often!

Anne :)

Thanks for the pics! Can't wait to see this in person during our Christmas 2010 stay!

Beautiful! We were there in Aug for dinner and they had parts of upper mez screened off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter