• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Grand Californian Villas to be announced 9/18!

Mwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!:sad2: Where's the news on the DVC expansion? I thought we'd get some more info on pricing, points etc. today. :confused3

Other than that................I'm extremely excited about all of the changes!!:woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cloud9: :love: :cheer2:

Mwwwaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!:sad2: Where's the news on the DVC expansion? I thought we'd get some more info on pricing, points etc. today. :confused3

Other than that................I'm extremely excited about all of the changes!!:woohoo: :yay: :banana: :cloud9: :love: :cheer2:

IIRC it was several months after AKV were announced that they released all that info. I am not expecting to hear the details about GCV for awhile. :sad2:

I am thrilled about the DCA changes though! I am already imagining sitting in my villa looking out over DCA. And being able to watch the World Of Color from the GCV rooftop is going to be fabulous! :woohoo:

I see a few years of APs in our future to keep up with all the changes to DLR. :thumbsup2

Well, just bolsters my belief that this will be the most difficult DVC to book at the 7 month window.

Well, just bolsters my belief that this will be the most difficult DVC to book at the 7 month window.

I agree completely. IMOA, DCA is going to be as big a draw as DL. I think anyone trying to book GCV at seven month mark, or later, is going to be out of luck. I also believe this will help GCV sell out even quicker.

exciting news for sure

the press release says 50 dvc rooms wasnt it 50 units
those are not necessarily the same right? or are they

wouldnt a 2 br unit be potentially 2 rooms?

I don't think it has been clarified yet. The original announcement said 50 2 br equivalent units. The assumption was made that those would be a studio and 1 br lockoff making the eqivalent of a 2 br. No official confirmation has come yet but I really can't imagine they would be dedicated 2 br. There are a lot of people who don't need a 2 br unit and that would really hurt sales.

so i'm a whole year behind...but does anyone know how we can buy into this?? or maybe it's too late? :flower:

does anyone know...would current dvc members be able to purchase it first, before the general public? :flower:

does anyone know...would current dvc members be able to purchase it first, before the general public? :flower:

Yes, I think those who purchased their DVC contracts in California get first dibs, and then other current memebers.

Stupid question but we will be able to use our VB points in California, correct? At 7 month window? This might be my way to get DH to the West Coast!

I'm glad you asked the question, I was wondering the same thing ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter