Grand Californian Super Thread

...are there bund bed rooms with a view of the monorail? Also are they close to elevators or stairs?
Bunk bed rooms are spread throughout the hotel, so some will have a view of the monorail. The monorail passes through the courtyard, so courtyard view type will have a view of the monorail.

ok folks... looking for some help on this massive thread.... the family has finaly decided on a date of travel, and it will not be till the end of september in 2013, this gives me a pefect opportunity now to rent DVC points, but my question to all you "masters" of knowledge on the Grand California. we plan on renting a 2 bedroom villa, and what i was wondering, do all 2 bedroom villas have great views as well??? or is there a chance i might have a great view of the "parking lot"? just wondering... thanks for your help on this... looking forward to some answers...

NMcowboy said:
ok folks... looking for some help on this massive thread.... the family has finaly decided on a date of travel, and it will not be till the end of september in 2013, this gives me a pefect opportunity now to rent DVC points, but my question to all you "masters" of knowledge on the Grand California. we plan on renting a 2 bedroom villa, and what i was wondering, do all 2 bedroom villas have great views as well??? or is there a chance i might have a great view of the "parking lot"? just wondering... thanks for your help on this... looking forward to some answers...
You are reading the wrong "massive thread". I'm posting from an iPad and can't embed a link, but search for "Villas Grand Californian" in the DVC sub-forums. The original VGC thread approached the forum limit of 250 pages, so the 2.0 thread contains the new information.

The villas have views of pool or park, except the ground floor units -- there are no parking lot views. Unlike larger DVC developments, there are no specific view type reservations. View requests can be made.

It can be difficult to rent large amounts of VGC points. My sister in law could not make a 400 point rental, although the villas were available.

once again nonsuch you have come to the rescue... i will be sure to read the other thread 2.0... thanks again... time for some reading and research... but don't be suprised if i message you with some questions..!!! and from another new mexican.... thank you...

Had a fantastic first visit 10/3-10/9. Stayed in DVC Villas 3522. Amazing view! The reaction of my 2 year old every morning looking out on the balcony made this one of my best vacations ever!

Does anyone know if there is DVC online check in? Going next week! Those views are amazing!
Thanks!

I have only read bits and pieces of this thread so I hope it's OK to ask. Has anyone seen a bounceback deal in the past couple of weeks? I thought I saw it on a blog or something recently where on the day of checkout, they were offered a chance to add another night at a discounted rate. I believe that was the DLH instead of GC. But I wondered if that ever happens at GC?

We are actually staying in the Anaheim area one more night after our reservations run out and we're trying to decide if we should book a non-refundable night somewhere else (we aren't going to DL/DCA the next day so location isn't crucial) or if we should book something we can cancel in case we get an offer we can't refuse.

These are the amenities found in a Grand Californian hotel room in September 2012:

hotel_amenities.jpg

The bottles have a flip open top and are labeled "Disney Resorts", previously bottles had a larger screw top and were labeled "Grand Californian" with the hotel logo.

The bottles contain: Sea Marine Revitalizing Shampoo, Sea Salt Hydrating Body Lotion, Refreshing Mouthwash, Sea Marine Collagen Conditioner, Sea Salt Body Wash.

The tube contains Softening Mint Foot Rub, a nice addition :thumbsup2

There are also bars of soap for the sink and shower, but I did not note the type.

Villa Amenities

Anyone know if it makes a difference as far as location towards the main entrance to request a 2 queen room or 2 quenn with trundle bed? thanks

Anyone know if it makes a difference as far as location towards the main entrance to request a 2 queen room or 2 quenn with trundle bed? thanks
2 queen is the most common room, available in all view types.

2 queen with daybed is the least common room, standard view only. All 39 daybed rooms are located at the front of the hotel above the main entrance.

Search this thread for the keyword "daybed" for more information.

So if i want to be toward the main entrance of hotel which if I remember correctly is close to the exit to DTD to head to parks I should keep my request for a trundle 2 queen bed? I wonder tho with only being 3 of us if they will end up giving that room to someone with more guests? Thanks

So if i want to be toward the main entrance of hotel which if I remember correctly is close to the exit to DTD to head to parks I should keep my request for a trundle 2 queen bed? I wonder tho with only being 3 of us if they will end up giving that room to someone with more guests?
There was at least one post, where a reservation for 5 adults received a daybed room without a specific request.

I received a daybed room without a request, but the hotel was not very busy (and it was ready at 7AM :yay:).

You might want to request a room near the lobby elevators :idea:

This is our first ever DL visit and we are staying CL premier view.What is the view like? I am curious about sleeping four people. We will need a pull-out or a day bed. Also, has anyone ever had the holiday room decorating done? I was told they will do your room before you even walk in and that it is magical. Is it? Also, is the breakfast just continental? Is there anything hot? We are so excited, but there is so much to plan. Thank you for this help.

Do the WoC fastpasses guarantee you a seat? Isn't it a show? Are they still giving out fastpasses to hotel guests? I am obviously confused. Things at DL are very different from WDW.

Hi lucysmom :wave2:

We have stayed GCH concierge level several times but have only had a pool or monorail garden view, so can't help you there. The only room types at that level we have had were king with a loveseat/sofa bed or 2 queens...as far as WOC FPs, there is no seating like WDW, just designated areas that you have guaranteed access for viewing. We just went early, brought a beach towel and plopped right down for a good viewing spot :goodvibes. I will add that we have only gotten WOC FPs with a dining experience, either Carthay Circle or Wine Country Trattoria.

The breakfast is really just continental, I guess...but really delicious, IMO...there will be something hot as an appetizer from 5-7 PM.

We've never done a holiday in-room celebration, but have done a birthday one. The room was decorated for my family before they arrived and it was very special.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter