Grand Californian Super Thread

She broke up with me on mothers day 2010. Turns out she wasn't the person I thought she was. But should I find a new one by the time we leave, my truck seats 5 :thumbsup2

I'm sorry about that Sal.

Jack, what do use them for? Might get some ideas for this trip.

Everything that has to have a reservation. BB, F, all the sit downs and anything else I want to do that requires a reservation. They send you an email with dates, times, etc.

Jack

Jack, would it be possible for you to PM me the contact person you request from Vacation Planning Office? I am planning a get way for DH and myself and I sure could use the help.

Sal,
I am sure there is someone better for you wanting to meet your wonderful self :).

Jack, would it be possible for you to PM me the contact person you request from Vacation Planning Office? I am planning a get way for DH and myself and I sure could use the help.

Sal,
I am sure there is someone better for you wanting to meet your wonderful self :).

I will look for her email tonight and PM you. You can also email directly if you wish to go that way.

Jack

Sal,

PM sent

Jack, would it be possible to request that name as well? I'd appreciate it. We have had some bad luck in the past.

Ok I'm confused. I know that DLH is getting rennovations and a new pool area but on msn.com they are showing all the new travel things for Disney and they said that GCH is remodeling and adding a new restaurant, pool, and rooms. I was like what?? I thought maybe they were talking about DLH and just messed up but two clicks later (of the 13 different offerings) they showed the DLH changes upcoming. So what gives? Did I miss something?

Here is the web link.
http://www.bing.com/travel/content/...Grand+Californian+Gets+a+Makeover&FORM=TRSSPG

Nope, you did not miss anything Mike, it is the wonderful reporting that the networks do. I saw something similiar and was wondering who was on meth.

Jack

They said it should be completed by 2012. Here is what was written in the short blurb.

New in Disney Travel: Grand Californian Gets a Makeover
Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa in Anaheim, Calif. is undergoing a renovation that will include a new restaurant, pool and guest rooms. The Fairy Tale Suite, a 750-square-foot retreat for couples, will overlook Disneyland through floor-to-ceiling windows. Guests to the Fairy Tale Suite will be welcomed by pixie dust and the appearance of Tinker Bell. Resort renovations are scheduled for completion in 2012.

They said it should be completed by 2012. Here is what was written in the short blurb.

Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel & Spa in Anaheim, Calif. is undergoing a renovation that will include a new restaurant, pool and guest rooms. The Fairy Tale Suite, a 750-square-foot retreat for couples, will overlook Disneyland through floor-to-ceiling windows. Guests to the Fairy Tale Suite will be welcomed by pixie dust and the appearance of Tinker Bell. Resort renovations are scheduled for completion in 2012.

:confused3

It says it will overlook Disneyland, not California Adventure. So I'm guessing they mean the DLH. Also, the name "Fairy Tale Suite" is more congruous with the Disneyland Hotel theme. Suite names at the GCH seem more outdoorsy and rustic (El Capitan, Mt. Whitney, Arcadian Vice, Arroyo, and Artisan).

Thanks for the pictures! They quoted the following to me:

Mickey and Pals Big Birthday Bash - $395 (tax included)
Imagine stepping into your Disneyland Resort Hotel room and discovering that Mickey Mouse and the gang have left you a special, birthday surprise! All around the room, large, colorful package have your name personalized on them from Mickey Mouse, Minnie Mouse, Goofy, Donald Duck & Pluto. These presents create a festive environment especially for you! On the wall hangs a bright, Birthday banner as well as splashy, colorful decorations & balloons. Be sure to take a peek around, you’ll find Tinker Bell’s shadow... She’s come by to sprinkle Pixie Dust! There’s even an autograph book on the table, signed to you by Mickey Mouse himself. All of this is for you to enjoy while you visit, but every piece is meant for you to take home and continue to enjoy!

Is that what you have there?

Alice

So let's hope that your room looks something like this when you open the door...

IMG_0787.jpg

Sorry the picture is a little blurry, was trying to take a picture before we messed up the room with "stuff" and we were in a hurrying to get to dinner.
The silver balloons are the ones they gave me when we checked in. Oh and don't forget the birthday pin<G>

They state they start with the Disney hotels first than the "family" ones after! So I'm fine with the bus!

From the vacation department:

The Disneyland Express Bus picks up at airport starting at 7am and every hour. It drops guests off at the 3 Disneyland Resort hotels first and then all Anaheim area hotels.

You are going all out, so why not hire a limo?
Airport shuttles often go to multiple hotels, and you don't want to tour all those "hobo" hotels :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter