Grand Californian Super Thread

If you hover over your name in the top right of the screen, a box will pop up. Right under your picture it will say Personal Details. Directly under that it says Signature. Click on that and you should be able to make changes.

I've stayed here several times in the month of Dec...and just recently this month. Both times rate as been around $500 courtyard view. Any idea when this resort has the best rates? I love staying here for the convenience, but thinking DLH might be just as convenient for less money. Thanks!

I am willing to bet that this information I want is somewhere on this thread, but I am having trouble finding it. My apologies for adding to an already long thread.

Which rooms are the CL rooms? I found the club itself, but wondered where the actual rooms are. I think DH is crazy to want to pay extra, but this is our 1st trip DL, so why argue?

I am willing to bet that this information I want is somewhere on this thread, but I am having trouble finding it. My apologies for adding to an already long thread.

Which rooms are the CL rooms? I found the club itself, but wondered where the actual rooms are. I think DH is crazy to want to pay extra, but this is our 1st trip DL, so why argue?
My understanding is that the 6th floor is the concierge level, but that you can add concierge onto any room if it is available. We stayed twice on the CL, and loved it. But that was ~ 10 years ago, and the additional cost has increased quite a bit. As our kids have gotten older, we have been more 'commando park goers" as well, so we aren't in the hotel as much to make use of the concierge lounge and perks. But it is a wonderful treat! :goodvibes

Which rooms are the CL rooms? I found the club itself, but wondered where the actual rooms are.
The only difference between Concierge and non-Concierge rooms are a few extra amenities in the bathroom (foot lotion, and a few others). The rooms dedicated to concierge are generally on the 5th and 6th floor with convenient access to the lounge, but concierge can be added to any room.
I think DH is crazy to want to pay extra, but this is our 1st trip DL, so why argue?
Don't argue, just enjoy!

Caimakale, Hello. It has been 5 years since our encounter at Disney's Grand Californian Hotel.... at the cabana. My name is Mr. Dennis. I hope this reply finds you well. I am posting this reply because folks have begun to say these events never took place. I know you respect the dignity of the charitable nature of what we where trying to do because you never posted my full name or pictures of folks who received gifts. I know it has been a long time, but i am wondering if you have any more pictures of my cabana creations? It makes me sad to be called a liar when folks hear our stories. In all... your one post is the only recognition that I have.... I understand if there are no other images... I forbade pictures from our team..... I know its a long shot.. but if you have them could you Post a few more from 2010... Always in your service... Mr. Dennis.

Cia
Wow, this is going way back. Dennis, good to hear from you again. I checked my pictures and this was the only one I snapped. I'm happy to vouch for you anytime you need it though. Hope to see you around the parks again sometime! ~Lee

we changed our reservation to a Deluxe Partial View room. Whatever this means now. We would be very pleased with an obstructed DD view instead of a garden/courtyard/woods view room..but we do not care for a theme park view - partial or not partial.

so we requested a partial downtown Disney view on a high floor...we will see, I will post a picture of what we will get when we arrive in ~ 3 weeks

already very excited

Well, it took me about 2 weeks, but I just got done with this whole thread. THANK YOU to everyone for all of the amazing information! DH and I are taking our first trip without our kids in over 20 years (both kids will be off in college, so we will be semi-empty-nesters) and we decided to scrap our fall trip to DW and go to DL in September, instead. We are booked at the GCH from Sept. 13th to Sept. 19th and I am very excited about staying there! I would appreciate your help with a couple of questions.

1. I understand why we should use the regular front gate for EMH into CA, but should we also use if for regular drop drop days or do they still scan your ticket and let you a partial way into the park if you use the GCH entrance? If you use the resort entrance, can you still get FPs for WOC earlier than the people at the regular front gates?

2. Is there still scaffolding on outside areas of the building?

Thanks for your help!

I second crazycatlady's questions. Especially curious about any construction/scaffolding going on right now. I'll be there in less than two weeks!

Well, it took me about 2 weeks, but I just got done with this whole thread. THANK YOU to everyone for all of the amazing information! DH and I are taking our first trip without our kids in over 20 years (both kids will be off in college, so we will be semi-empty-nesters) and we decided to scrap our fall trip to DW and go to DL in September, instead. We are booked at the GCH from Sept. 13th to Sept. 19th and I am very excited about staying there! I would appreciate your help with a couple of questions.

1. I understand why we should use the regular front gate for EMH into CA, but should we also use if for regular drop drop days or do they still scan your ticket and let you a partial way into the park if you use the GCH entrance? If you use the resort entrance, can you still get FPs for WOC earlier than the people at the regular front gates?

2. Is there still scaffolding on outside areas of the building?

Thanks for your help!
Last time I was there they let u in before park opening at the grand entrance as well. They just wouldn't let u go past the paradise pier entrance. That was where rope drop was. It is still faster to go through the main gate if u are going to cars land but if you are going to toy story it was way faster to go through the grand entrance

We will be staying for the first time in a 1 bedroom suite tomorrow (5/14 to 5/16) I have a few questions....

First I am surprising my daughter with an in room celebration but I am having a hard time finding example photos. We are doing the Mickey & Minnie Grand Magical Family Welcome. Anyone have this done before?

Second, I know there are pack n Plays in the rooms but do they offer cribs?

Third, What are the views like for the 1 bedroom suites? It's not a major issue what we get I am just wondering :D

I am totally sorry if these have been asked and answered before :( It's just a lot of pages to read before leaving in the morning lol.

We will be staying for the first time in a 1 bedroom suite tomorrow (5/14 to 5/16) I have a few questions....

First I am surprising my daughter with an in room celebration but I am having a hard time finding example photos. We are doing the Mickey & Minnie Grand Magical Family Welcome. Anyone have this done before?

Second, I know there are pack n Plays in the rooms but do they offer cribs?

Third, What are the views like for the 1 bedroom suites? It's not a major issue what we get I am just wondering :D

I am totally sorry if these have been asked and answered before :( It's just a lot of pages to read before leaving in the morning lol.
How fun!! I have only ever seen pack n plays. Can't help with the rest sorry!

How fun!! I have only ever seen pack n plays. Can't help with the rest sorry!
Thanks! That's what I thought. She just sleeps so much better in a crib vs a pack n play. I'm sure it will all work out. Hopefully she will be to exhausted to notice the difference lol.

Thanks! That's what I thought. She just sleeps so much better in a crib vs a pack n play. I'm sure it will all work out. Hopefully she will be to exhausted to notice the difference lol.
I have a picture of my daughter (now almost 14) when she was almost 3 completely zonked out on the trundle bed (bunk bed room) at GCH. We had been to see Fantasmic and she had fallen asleep on the way back in the stroller. She was so out of it that we changed her diaper and all her clothes on the trundle bed and she didn't even bat an eye. Then we put her in the pack n play and she continued to sleep all night. :goodvibes Disney does tend to wear them out. :-) Have a blast . . . take some pictures of your suite and the in-room celebration and share with us when you get back, please!

...I know there are pack n Plays in the rooms but do they offer cribs?
Cribs are available at GCH, or at least they were available a few years ago.
I saw a crib in the hall (likely being moved back to storage).

...What are the views like for the 1 bedroom suites?
Suites have a variety of views, everything except standard.

locations.jpg

Been reading DIS posts for awhile now and finally decided to join in the fun. :) I'm currently planning our last week of December-early January trip and considering staying at the GC for two nights. Are all standard rooms near the entrance or are there standard rooms somewhere else in the vicinity?

How do Gay Days affect the crowd levels?

Our two trips have both coincided with Gay Days. It is busy but not horrendously so. From memory the Gay Days park days are DL Saturday and DCA Sunday so we have gone to the opposite park where it has been a little quieter (but still busy as it is a weekend).

Does anyone have an idea what GCH (and other resort hotels) average on Mickey's Halloween Party nights? Would I be better off booking now before the dates for the Halloween Party are announced?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter