Got in the FastPass line for Test Track at 11:05 this morning......

Let's start a fad!

If the Fastpass line is long as seen from the outside, go seek out a CM associated with that ride (as if the ride was down even if it is up) and ask for permission to come back later even if beyond your FP window.

If the FP line did not look long from the outside and, after you got a little ways in and things look long from there, then make your way back out and seek out a CM associated with that ride and ask for permission as above.

FP is supposed to let you in with little or no additional wait. If this is not true during your FP window, then you should be free to see if it is true beyond your window and then partake of that.

Let's start a fad!

If the Fastpass line is long as seen from the outside, go seek out a CM associated with that ride (as if the ride was down even if it is up) and ask for permission to come back later even if beyond your FP window.

If the FP line did not look long from the outside and, after you got a little ways in and things look long from there, then make your way back out and seek out a CM associated with that ride and ask for permission as above.

FP is supposed to let you in with little or no additional wait. If this is not true during your FP window, then you should be free to see if it is true beyond your window and then partake of that.

At Walt Disney World, the FastPass guarantee is ten minutes or less. Forgetting about the line prior to the touchpoints at FP Return, if it takes more than ten minutes from the moment you cross those touchpoints until boarding a ride vehicle, you should let a Cast Member in a greeter position know. You will be issued a No Strings Attached FastPass (yellow voucher,) good for any attraction that day in that park with no restrictions (including ETWB, Toy Story, Princess Fairytale Hall, Soarin', etc.)

At Walt Disney World, the FastPass guarantee is ten minutes or less. Forgetting about the line prior to the touchpoints at FP Return, if it takes more than ten minutes from the moment you cross those touchpoints until boarding a ride vehicle, you should let a Cast Member in a greeter position know. You will be issued a No Strings Attached FastPass (yellow voucher,) good for any attraction that day in that park with no restrictions (including ETWB, Toy Story, Princess Fairytale Hall, Soarin', etc.)

Wow...I did not know that. Thanks.

I went on TT in the single rider line a couple of weeks ago and I just walked right on. In and out in 10 minutes, maybe that is the better option? Of course, you have to be okay with riding on your own!

HUB !!!! Yur back, I missed you !!!

Please don't let jerkish folk turn you off again, if that's even what happened :)

I swore I wasn't going to get in on any of these FP+ threads but here I am :). We were at WDW in early Oct., 6-11 I think. I noticed that the FP lines were significantly longer than what I was used to. One example was TT, I didn't time it but I remember thinking it took a long time to get on the ride. Another example was Buzz LIghtyear, when we went to use our paper FP(we stayed offsite so weren't eligible for FP+) the line was out the door and around to where the paper FP kiosks are. I was very shocked. It seems like TSMM had a very long line. I'm not sure this is a result of FP+ or not. I can't figure out why FP+ would cause this. But there's no denying that MOST of the FP lines I was in SEEMED longer and slower than in my previous trips.

You came back!!! :dance3:

We missed you SO much. :)

I swore I wasn't going to get in on any of these FP+ threads but here I am :). We were at WDW in early Oct., 6-11 I think. I noticed that the FP lines were significantly longer than what I was used to. One example was TT, I didn't time it but I remember thinking it took a long time to get on the ride. Another example was Buzz LIghtyear, when we went to use our paper FP(we stayed offsite so weren't eligible for FP+) the line was out the door and around to where the paper FP kiosks are. I was very shocked. It seems like TSMM had a very long line. I'm not sure this is a result of FP+ or not. I can't figure out why FP+ would cause this. But there's no denying that MOST of the FP lines I was in SEEMED longer and slower than in my previous trips.

Did you experience these longer waits in the morning or in the afternoon?

A couple of questions/comments.

First, this sounds like an unpublicized guarantee. I don't think I've ever seen anything that specific in print anywhere. Is this more like a policy or practice, like when return times weren't enforced?

Second, 10 minutes seems awfully short, especially considering how some rides load. This thread has already gone through the process at Test Track that involves waiting to get into a design room, the design room itself, and then getting out of the design room and placed in a vehicle.

At Soarin, after you get through the second and final checkpoint, where the line merges with standby, you still have to wait in the corridor area before getting assigned to a specific spot in one of the boarding areas where you see Patrick's boarding instructions. It would seem like 10 minutes from the first checkpoint until actually seated in the attraction would be almost a minimum.

Same thing for RNRC where you have to wait to get into the preshow, view the preshow itself, and then wait for a few minutes in the alley to get assigned to a car. Ditto TOT with the library and the boiler room area.

I have always ridden SR with TT and decided to try FP+ my last trip in Nov.

What a waste of time!! I had no idea you had to wait in line to get into the area where you create your car (which I had no intention of doing) and once they let us in, I went and opened the door to the next area (don't think I was supposed to do this, oops) and then got in line again.

Lesson learned, and I will always do SR with TT. For me, this ride is a waste of a FP+.

PS - I liked the previous version better:flower3:

I heart you. Please don't ever leave us.

OP here. I sure think it is interesting how I was the one standing in line yet people who weren't even there are sure they have an explanation for the wait. No, the ride did not stop. No, there was not a delay in the queue. No, there was not a medical emergency. No, there was not an inexperienced CM impacting the ratio of Standby to FP. There was simply a greater number of people in front of me in the FP queue than TT could accommodate. And yes, I certainly believe FP+ has a lot to do with it, and I spent a large portion of today talking with CM's about it in two different parks. I'll post those observations this weekend after we return from this 17 day experiment.

OP here. I sure think it is interesting how I was the one standing in line yet people who weren't even there are sure they have an explanation for the wait.

No, the ride did not stop. No, there was not a delay in the queue. No, there was not a medical emergency. No, there was not an inexperienced CM impacting the ratio of Standby to FP.

There was simply a greater number of people in front of me in the FP queue than TT could accommodate.

And yes, I certainly believe FP+ has a lot to do with it, and I spent a large portion of today talking with CM's about it in two different sparks. I'll post those observations this weekend after we return from this 17 day experiment.

Please do, I want to hear your observations. :goodvibes

OP here. I sure think it is interesting how I was the one standing in line yet people who weren't even there are sure they have an explanation for the wait.

No, the ride did not stop. No, there was not a delay in the queue. No, there was not a medical emergency. No, there was not an inexperienced CM impacting the ratio of Standby to FP.

There was simply a greater number of people in front of me in the FP queue than TT could accommodate.

And yes, I certainly believe FP+ has a lot to do with it, and I spent a large portion of today talking with CM's about it in two different sparks. I'll post those observations this weekend after we return from this 17 day experiment.

:thumbsup2

Maybe it's just me....but I can't help but notice my surroundings on the outside portion of the ride. Where I live it was 69 degrees today....tomorrow is 29 with snow and sleet. I can get the same effect you like by going out at lunch and driving 65 mph down the highway while sticking my head out of the window. I just think they could have incorporated some really cool effects, but to each their own. ;)

You must live in or near Texas. It was 80 here yesterday and now 30 with sleet and ice.

OP here. I sure think it is interesting how I was the one standing in line yet people who weren't even there are sure they have an explanation for the wait. No, the ride did not stop. No, there was not a delay in the queue. No, there was not a medical emergency. No, there was not an inexperienced CM impacting the ratio of Standby to FP. There was simply a greater number of people in front of me in the FP queue than TT could accommodate. And yes, I certainly believe FP+ has a lot to do with it, and I spent a large portion of today talking with CM's about it in two different parks. I'll post those observations this weekend after we return from this 17 day experiment.

Sounds familiar!! We were in Epcot yesterday with the same problem. Nothing wrong. We all rode TT first thing in the morning. It used to be my favorite ride in all of Disney. I was done after one time. I know the ride itself is pretty much the same, but I don't like the new set up. DH had fast passes for 3 more times during the day because DS7 just loved it. All three times he waited at least an hour in the fast pass lane. It was totally ridiculous. I don't know if the stand by line was moving faster, I doubt it, but having to wait hours for your fast pass time and then still wait an hour in line is too much.

Today, December 5th, I got into the FP line at Test Track at 11:47.

By 11:56ish, we were in the design room, designing our vehicles.

By 11:07, we were climbing into our car.

So, 20 minutes, and totally painless.

We also enjoyed the single rider line this morning, which was a walk-on. Actually, when we came back for our FP+, the Single Rider line claimed to be 30 minutes, but was closer to 10 or 15 (at most!).

Hope this helps! Sorry to hear other folks are having problems.

Today, December 5th, I got into the FP line at Test Track at 11:47.

By 11:56ish, we were in the design room, designing our vehicles.

By 11:07, we were climbing into our car.

So, 20 minutes, and totally painless.

We also enjoyed the single rider line this morning, which was a walk-on. Actually, when we came back for our FP+, the Single Rider line claimed to be 30 minutes, but was closer to 10 or 15 (at most!).

Hope this helps! Sorry to hear other folks are having problems.

Was the car in a different time zone? Or a DeLorean? :)

.....and actually got into a Test Track vehicle at 11:55.

That's 50 minutes in the FP line.

Yep, this new FP system is wonderful.

WOW!! That would be so frustrating. Maybe something was going on to delay the ride or something.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter