Goodbye Wishes! Hello Happily Ever After!

Not that these boards have made me jaded or anything... :rolleyes1

But projections have to be cheaper than pyrotechnics. Also, projections lend themselves to those viewing from within the park. Therefore, no more freeloading on the top of the Contemporary or Deluxe Resort beaches. If you want to see the show, you gotta by a ticket and get inside. This means more money for Disney! :duck:
That doesn't make much sense when you consider they sell Wishes viewing cruises and have been offering a meal that ends with Wishes viewing. Both of those are money makers centered around Wishes.
Sure you do have some who view for free but they do have meals for the ability to view so it's not really free.

A list of IPs in the show

• Aladdin*
  • Big Hero Six
  • Brave*
  • Frozen*
  • The Hunchback of Notre Dame*
  • The Incredibles*
  • The Lion King*
  • The Little Mermaid
  • Moana*
  • Mulan*
  • Tarzan*
  • The Princess and the Frog*
  • Toy Story*
  • Up
  • WALL-E
  • Wreck-It Ralph
  • Zootopia
  • Pirates of the Caribbean
  • Sleeping Beauty
  • The Jungle Book
  • Beauty and the Beast
  • Peter Pan
How many movies were represented in Wishes? Anyone know?
And is this list just the new Happily Ever After or does it include Once Upon a Time too?

Oh geez, who else thinks they'll take the new show as an excuse to bump up the dessert party price?
They haven't raised the price on them right now. I never thought I'd want to do one again, since the viewing is poor but I went ahead and booked it for our June trip, just so I can get in a view of the show without fighting crowds since it will be so new and summer.

That doesn't make much sense when you consider they sell Wishes viewing cruises and have been offering a meal that ends with Wishes viewing. Both of those are money makers centered around Wishes.
Sure you do have some who view for free but they do have meals for the ability to view so it's not really free.

How many movies were represented in Wishes? Anyone know?
And is this list just the new Happily Ever After or does it include Once Upon a Time too?

They haven't raised the price on them right now. I never thought I'd want to do one again, since the viewing is poor but I went ahead and booked it for our June trip, just so I can get in a view of the show without fighting crowds since it will be so new and summer.
It's just the new show as far as I know.

What do the asterisks denote?

Also, happy to see Hunchback on that list.

Not sure maybe the ones Disney confirmed?

I was wondering that too - I was thinking it is the ones that were listed in the Disney Parks Blog - which are “Moana,” “Brave,” “Big Hero 6,” “Zootopia,” “The Princess & The Frog,” “Aladdin” - ... but that doesn't line up as neither Big Hero 6 nor Zootpia have asterisks and then several other do (Tarzan, Toy Story, Mulan, etc)

I was wondering that too - I was thinking it is the ones that were listed in the Disney Parks Blog - which are “Moana,” “Brave,” “Big Hero 6,” “Zootopia,” “The Princess & The Frog,” “Aladdin” - ... but that doesn't line up as neither Big Hero 6 nor Zootpia have asterisks and then several other do (Tarzan, Toy Story, Mulan, etc)
I wondered at first if they designated Pixar properties but pretty sure that doesn't work either. Aladdin wasn't Pixar

I was wondering if they are the ones that are currently in Once Upon a Time - but I know Wreck it Raplph is in that and that doesn't have a '*'

Maybe those are those ones that will have songs featured while the other ones just have images? :confused3

Why on earth would WDW Magic put the list out, include * and not have anything there for what it means?

So turns out the guy who posted the list doesn't know why the asterisks are there either. That means this must be an internal list.

Why on earth would WDW Magic put the list out, include * and not have anything there for what it means?

So turns out the guy who posted the list doesn't know why the asterisks are there either. That means this must be an internal list.

Incomplete data drives me crazy...it being an internal list is intriguing though. There's a reason for the asterisks, there has to be.

Not liking this. If the Star Wars show is any indication, it will be less fireworks, more projections, and is going to be very hard to actually see without paying for a dessert party. Yet again about money. Less money spent on pyro, more money made from dessert parties.

Just saw on the parks blog: someone had asked about viewing from different spots outside the park and the response was that the new show had been designed so that it can still be enjoyed from all the same places you can view wishes from now. That gives me some hope. I was fairly disappointed with the Star Wars spectacular and it's lack of viewing and pyro so I was worried about this too.

Just saw on the parks blog: someone had asked about viewing from different spots outside the park and the response was that the new show had been designed so that it can still be enjoyed from all the same places you can view wishes from now. That gives me some hope. I was fairly disappointed with the Star Wars spectacular and it's lack of viewing and pyro so I was worried about this too.

That's good :) I lik all the new projection shows but agree that it makes it rough to have only a handlful of "good" viewing spots for these big nighttime spectaculars.

I wonder if over the medium to long term, the public enthusiasm for "mostly" (or significantly) projected nighttime shows will diminish. Watching movies and clips is something we do every day at home after all, and at least several times/year in our local movie theaters. Whereas a big fireworks show is something people watch in their hometown (maybe) once/year.

It takes a big effort for families to stay late at MK in order to see the nighttime show, and it's a huge hassle to get out of the park and get back to the hotel afterward. If shifting the experience toward projected movie clips diminishes the guest enthusiasm by only 10% (say) then that will cut back noticeably on attendance and therefore on snacks and souvenirs sales in the evening.

Whereas the savings in fireworks and pyrotechnicians' salaries is very clear and obvious, the intangible "blah" factor is completely invisible to the spreadsheet weenies (and suits) who come up with these innovations.

no wishes?
i can't believe it..
we were soooooooooooooooo looking forward to it..
it's sooooooooooo emotional for us..
we always end up crying...
i can't believe it..
so our big august trip...
the first time in 6 years that we're able to be there with all the kids and grand kids...
and no wishes...
i can't believe it...
that was our one and only must must must do....
but no more..
i can't believe it...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter