Goodbye Main Street Bakery....

:thumbsup2
Coke is one thing, the snooty elitism of Starbucks (or as we call it, FourBucks) is quite another.
The danger is overbranding, you don't want to sell Main Street. This is Americana, there is no vintage feel to FourBucks.

lol! I can get a bigger and better coffee at McDonalds for a BUCK!

No wait you totally misunderstood my post. I like Starbucks and badly want them to replace every coffee cart in the parks with a Starbucks cart (or Peets, Seattles Best, Dunkin Donuts...don't care just not instant coffee!)

My objection is they replaced a BAKERY with the garbage items sold at Starbucks. Even Starbucks doesn't tout there pastries as good....That has to mean something!

As far as Corporate symbols. Isn't the whole park a corporate symbol? Every ride at one time or another has had a corporate sponsor. Not a biggie for me. I just want the dang cinnamon roll!!!! (Gastons are not the same, they use a Maple icing)

I love Starbucks. Starbucks in Disney will make me happy. However, Starbucks taking over the Main Street Bakery DOES NOT make me happy.

They should brew Starbucks coffee (kind of how they exclusively serve Coke products), but that should be it. I should be able to order my coffee, it be made with Starbucks brand, and I should be able to drink it with my Cinnamon Roll or big Ice Cream Cookie sandwich that I was able to order in the same line!

:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

I kind of thought it would be nice to have Tim Hortons in the World Showcase Canada building at Epcot. That place needs a bit of a update...(I don't wear plaid and live in an igloo), but Starbucks on Main St. USA in MK...BOO! I hate Starbucks and the bakery just fits better with the theme of that area. We aren't going until March.:(

That's a good idea :)

:rolleyes: Umm some people on the board knew this before Disney released a further statement. I wonder if people from Disney read this thread and just were :rolleyes: or :lmao:

Don't you know that Disney vetts all their decisions through the Dis Boards. This was all obviously a test to see how the decision would go over. When they saw the reaction they obviously convened an emergency meeting with the top brass at Starbucks and changed the plan.

:thumbsup2

lol! I can get a bigger and better coffee at McDonalds for a BUCK!

wait, so now the problem is that starbucks is too expensive? would it be better if it were mcdonalds coming in then?

should all expensive products be removed from disney parks?

I'd be totally cool with this if they were keeping Main St. Bakery as is, and just serving Starbucks coffee and products. Bleh.

Don't you know that Disney vetts all their decisions through the Dis Boards. This was all obviously a test to see how the decision would go over. When they saw the reaction they obviously convened an emergency meeting with the top brass at Starbucks and changed the plan.

Too funny!!!:rotfl2:

wait, so now the problem is that starbucks is too expensive? would it be better if it were mcdonalds coming in then?

In other words, everything?

This is the current drink menu for Main Street Bakery. It doesn't look any cheaper than Starbucks

Strawberry Smoothie $4.19
Frozen Latte $4.19
Cappuccino or Latte $3.39
Espresso $2.69
Coffee $2.09
Iced Coffee (French vanilla, Mocha or Latte) $3.99
Chocolate Milk $2.19
Whole Milk or Soy Milk $2.19
Hot Cocoa $2.09
Hot Tea $2.09
Orange Juice $2.39
Apple Juice $1.99
Sodas - Coke Classic, Diet Coke, Sprite, Barq's Root Beer, Minute Maid Lemonade Light, and Fanta Orange $2.59 & $2.89
Iced Tea $2.19 and $2.49
Bottled Water $2.50

Um yes, Love the McDonalds coffee and the donuts coffee, even Maxwell House and or Folgers. I do NOT (read carefully) do NOT like Starbucks coffee, but hey that's just me.

Um yes, Love the McDonalds coffee and the donuts coffee, even Maxwell House and or Folgers. I do NOT (read carefully) do NOT like Starbucks coffee, but hey that's just me.

ok...cool. but why make fun of people who like it? and also should disney base branding decisions on your personal preferences? i doubt there is anyone who likes all of the brands that are present.

Sorry folks you're not reading the announcement closely enough. It's a Starbucks with no OBVIOUS signage. Here's some points from the release:

"The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming" - Great it will look traditional. One issue solved.

"It’ll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items." - They aren't saying its the same stuff they were selling, they said they'll sell cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, just like all Starbucks do.

My personal favorite line that confirms the above statement as true: "And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gaston’s Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A.” In other words. You will not find them at the Bakery, go somewhere else.

Sorry. It's a Starbucks and there's nothing we can do about it because it will make an unholy amount of money. They still don't quite understand the issue is the coffee EVERYWHERE not the darn bakery products........

I was wondering if someone actually understood update, you did. The rest of excitement around update reminds me MIB " We are looking for the best of the best,.. with honors..." situation. :lmao:

ok...cool. but why make fun of people who like it? and also should disney base branding decisions on your personal preferences? i doubt there is anyone who likes all of the brands that are present.

Oh My GOSH! Please tell me where I make "fun of people" that like Starbucks!? Here you go again, you always put a twist on your own agenda. I swear you must work for Starbucks? A spy maybe?

Oh My GOSH! Please tell me where I make "fun of people" that like Starbucks!? Here you go again, you always put a twist on your own agenda. I swear you must work for Starbucks? A spy maybe?

yup. starbucks has an army of spies that spend their time posting on disboards because it is such an important institution. i am actually VP of Disboards Perception Management for Starbucks.

It all plays into the psychological makeups of some DISers. Hundreds( sometimes thousands) spent on the vacation. But, let' s try to hook up a crockpot in the hotel room, have 3 people share one cheeseburger( or cinnamon roll;)) and complain that Starbuck's will be too pricey. Disney overcharged for the crappy Nescafe coffee too.

Maximus68 said:
The cinnamon rolls we the best! I am sure they are NOT THE SAME at Gastons tavern. Ridiculous. I go on vacation to get away from reality. Now I gotta look at Starbucks??? Their coffee is HORRIBLE TO BEGIN WITH. I am very disappointed.

You're sure huh? Cause I can tell you it's the same cinnamon roll just with different icing. It's a maple icing and it's so delicious, it actually makes it less sweet, which is good cause the cinnamon roll was so intensely sweet.

But the Gaston's tavern cinnamon roll is the same roll. Believe it or not.

I'd be totally cool with this if they were keeping Main St. Bakery as is, and just serving Starbucks coffee and products. Bleh.

But that's exactly what they are doing. They're probably going to refurb the interior (not to make it look like a typical Starbucks, but to do things like improve the lighting and increase the seating), but the exterior just underwent a major refurb. Check out this post on easywdw.com:

http://www.easywdw.com/uncategorized/starbucks-coming-to-main-street-bakery-my-life-is-officially-over/#more-9748

So you are now the thought police or better yet the board police? I guess we can not have our own opinions. I agree with Brunette, Starbucks coffee S U C K S!

At the risk of sounding redundant. . . I shall repost. . .

Dabelsteen;46700972Sorry folks you're not reading the announcement closely enough. It's a Starbucks with no OBVIOUS signage. Here's some points from the release:

"The Main Street Bakery will keep its name and theming" - Great it will look traditional. One issue solved.

You are correct and yes, they said this from the beginning.

"Itll also continue to serve Disney favorites like cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, in addition to Starbucks signature beverages and other items." - They aren't saying its the same stuff they were selling, they said they'll sell cookies, brownies and seasonal cupcakes, just like all Starbucks do.

Ummm, no. They say they will continue to serve Disney favorites like. . . (that means some previous "favorites", clearly at the discretion of Disney, from Disney's own products. Like, as in such as, for example, ect. . .) They are exactly saying they are going to be selling some, not all, but some stuff they used to sell as you put it.

My personal favorite line that confirms the above statement as true: "And for those of you who asked in comments, the cinnamon rolls are available at Gastons Tavern in New Fantasyland, and the ice cream sandwiches are available at Plaza Ice Cream Parlor on Main Street, U.S.A. In other words. You will not find them at the Bakery, go somewhere else.

This is (as per Disney usual) ambiguous, which no one has facts on so whatever either side say's is and will be speculation. They are saying where some particular favorites will be sold (and have been sold even during the time MSB has been open selling these items). Maybe they will be there when MSB returns, maybe not. The world may never know. . . until of course the refurbishment is over and all is right with the world again.

Sorry. It's a Starbucks and there's nothing we can do about it because it will make an unholy amount of money. They still don't quite understand the issue is the coffee EVERYWHERE not the darn bakery products........

I'm sorry for those who are so devastated as well, this really can not be good for some people's blood pressure. There was nothing any of us could do about it before, but I thank Disney for saying everything short of "GET OVER IT" to everyone. Disney will make the money. Starbucks' check has already been written and cashed. Disney is ready to sit back get over like. . . like. . . like dare I say, a fat rat!

LOL! GOOD ONE Declansdad! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter