Good news, you can get AAA disount on MYW packages

MagicKingdom05

<font color=red>Loves to Travel<br><font color=dar
Sorry it took so long, but it is raining hard and I wanted to make sure that I got back safely. As I promised here is what I found out.

Here is the deal. If you call AAA now, they can't help you because the reservation computers are down again. AAA has a special number that they call and while i was waiting they said it would be back up in 1 hr to 1.5 hours. I did find out that you do get the normal 10,15, 20% off on the room portion of the packages like you would on a room only reservation. However it looks like from the amount I was giving and the savings, they are taking 15% (regular season off on the room and dinning option together). This would go with what other people were told by AAA agents also.

However, she was able to go on the AAA disney site which by the way is the same site we go on, but it gives the final price with the discount. She gave me the figure but will call back later, because she wants to make sure the numbers match up. Also they can only do 8 night trips as well under the new package system.

Here is the tenative figure:

Pop Century May 27-June 4 standard room:
Package: MYW with dinning 8 night/ 7 day with 7 day hopper

Disney price: $1,458.23 (from quote I got from online system)
AAA price: $1,278.85

Savings $ 179.38 ($25.62 off a day)

So it seems the higher of the category resort you stay the bigger total off you get.

Saving $179.38 is great, and is more than I would have gotten off if I went directly through Disney so when she calls back I am going to jump on the deal while it is still available.

I hope this helps

Thank you! I'm glad you made it home safely!

MagicKingdom05 said:
So it seems the higher of the category resort you stay the bigger total off you get.
Sort of, because it's a percentage, but Deluxe resorts are just 10% off during regular season (most of the Spring) so the savings are not that great.

My AAA room only rate for WL for April is still over $100 more per night than some of the code/AP rates I've seen. Maybe if the discount is on the other parts of the package it might be worth it. Or if we can't get a code or AP rate.

Thanks again!!! :Pinkbounc

I forgot to mention, if you go to a AAA office, and your a AAA member, make sure you pick up the new Walt Disney World Preferred Travel Allicance MYW guide. It has two kids and Mickey on the cover with the dates Jan 2 - Dec 31, 2005.

I just started looking over it and it has lots of cool and helpful information on the deals that AAA has.

I called a AAA office to get a quote, too. They said the same thing, the computer was down and they will call me later with a quote. I am looking for a quote for AKL, so it will people a general idea of a Deluxe discount. I will post when I hear something.

Thank you for all the information. I to am a AAA member and I called them this morning with all my information and she said she will call me back later on but I don't know when. I am looking for a quote on Poly. I am new at AAA and this is my first disney world trip. I know the lady said that they have specific AAA rooms at different resorts. Does anyone know about poly? What are the rooms, I already have a lagoon view concierge room reserved and I really want one of those rooms. Can anyone give me more info?

Also we are going in the value season July 11-17. Do you know what the percentage off of the Poly rooms would be? 10 or 15 percent?

Thanks a bunch

Leslie

Leslie,

Looking at the new Disney MYW magazine I got at AAA, Poly at value season would be 15% off.

Thank you so much Jason. Is the 15 percent that AAA gave you off the whole pkg or just the room part? If its off the whole pkg that would be great more money saved.

Thanks a bunch
Leslie

I am not a AAA member but would be willing to join for the discount.

Can you tell me when and what category the 20% discount is available? I am just curious.

Thank you!

No problem luckily I had decided to take off these two days to extend my new years holiday a little.

Luv2trav,

You get 20% off each night during value season at the value and Moderate resorts and at Disney's Fort Wilderness Rosort and Campsite (campsites).

Also, just to let you know, the membership besides getting these discounts is worth it. I pay $54 a year and you would be surprised out what kind of discounts AAA members get.

Actually after our snow/ice storm last week I was just telling my husband that we need to get AAA and that was before the added discounts.. Plus if we drive to Fla we can get trip tiks... :o) I love those things, they remind me of road trips with my parents when I was young.

Thanks for the info. So the 20% off moderates we could use this Febuary. We are thinking of going Feb 11-18th and that is still value season. Am I correct?

Thanks!

Luv2Trav I am new to AAA what is triptiks? I hope I don't sound to dumb :guilty:

Thanks for all the wonderful information, Jason. It definately looks like it would be worth joining AAA to receive the discounts. Plus it couldn't hurt to have for other traveling reasons. princess:

MagicKingdom05 is the 15 percent off the whole pkg or just the room? :confused:

You tell AAA that you need a map from point A to pont B and they compile it for you in a nice flip through map. They will also highlight and give you any construction or delays that is going on.. It's just an added bonus if you are taking a long road trip.

Thank luv2trav I saw triptik on the website but didn't get into reading it yet. That is a great thing to have. Thank you again. I will have to get that for our VERY long trip to disney.

Leslie,

It is 15% off the room and maybe the dinning option, because I still haven't been able to figure out how they came up with the price they gave me AAA. That is why I am still waiting for her to call me back and confirm the rate.

There should be lots of packages that include the Swan and Dolphin too. Some of you may want to check out that route in case another WDW resort of your choice does not match your needs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter