Good Books

someone on these boards suggested the outlander series to me once. they are really good.
I also just started 'ghost bride' by yangsze choo and so far its good as well.

Divergent, and then Insurgent - third book coming soon. Better than Hunger Games!!!

Jodi picoult

Diane chamberlain

Ann rule (true crime)

Harry potter

Hunger games

Patricia cornwell

Escape and triumph by Carolyn Jessop. Lost in Shangri La by .... I forgot. Jurrasic Park by Michael Crichton.

If you like Disney history, Disney Legend Marty Sklar has a new book out, Dream It! Do It!: My Half-Century Creating Disney’s Magic.

Divergent, and then Insurgent - third book coming soon. Better than Hunger Games!!!

Loved Divergent and about to start Insurgent:thumbsup2

Also loved all the Outlander series

I have read about 30 books so far this year and can't remember the names of them!!! Will have to check out my Kindle library.

MJ

The Parasol Protectorate Series by Gail Carriger
Soulless
Changeless
Blameless
Heartless
Timeless

The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern.

Frankenstein Series by Dean Koontz
Prodigal Son
City of Night
Dead and Alive
Lost Souls
Prodigal Son
The Dead Town

I thoroughly enjoy James Patterson, especially the Alex Cross series. I took one with me on our recent Dream cruise. (I had already started it.) Never even opened it while on the ship! Much too much going on to sit and read! :rotfl:

If you like Disney history, Disney Legend Marty Sklar has a new book out, Dream It! Do It!: My Half-Century Creating Disney’s Magic.

in the middle of this now....an interesting read. For great literature read Great Gatsby (lighter) or Moby Dick (heavier...literally and figuratively) or Leaves of Grass. For just easy escapism pick up Stephen King

Another vote for James Patterson. Love the Michael Bennett series, and also the Women's murder club series. Page turners - hard to put down. Ideal for reading on deck 4!

I just finished the Evernight series by Claudia Gray and loved it! It depends on what you like to read...My all time favorite is the Blackdagger Brotherhood by J.R. Ward

It depends on what you like to read, but here are a few that I absolutely loved:

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
A Game of Thrones (and the rest of the series) by George R.R. Martin
My Name is Memory by Ann Brashares

I would be remiss if I didn't mention the Nikki Heat books by Richard Castle.

You don't have to be a fan of the show to enjoy the books.

now for the "weird" part ;)
From Wikipedia about the author Richard Castle ...
The light-hearted rich mystery novelist helps the NYPD solve crimes, especially romantic interest, hard-working serious detective Kate Beckett (Stana Katic), who inspires fictional heroine Nikki Heat. Castle is a fictional author in a fictional world, with an official website to promote real books about Nikki Heat and Derrick Storm, by secret writers,[4] rumored to include Tom Straw and Brad Parks. [5] Actor Nathan Fillion plays the role for book tours and signs autographs as Castle. [6]

another series of books that I will have to go back and re-read is the "Peter and the Star Catchers" series (Peter Pan origin stories) by Dave Barry and Ridley Pearson

If you want to read something with a cruise ship theme the Conrad Allen books are a good easy read. They take place on various cruise and passenger ships during the early 1900's. Titles include "Murder on the Lusitania", "Murder on the Celtic", "Murder on the Salsette", to name a few. :thumbsup2

The Shell Seekers Rosamunde Pilcher
The Quiet Game Greg Iles
Hotel Pastis - A novel of Provence Peter Mayle

These books stand out. The Outlander series too, good lord. Don't even pick the first one in the series up unless you plan to have your nose in the book for days!

The Shell seekers was around a few years ago when it swept the world. Even men in my office were reading this tale of love and memories set in coastal England.

The Quiet Game, ah...I thought my husband would be laughing by now but he isn't. I took this book on our honeymoon, not realizing how addicting it was. I'd take it to the bathroom just to sneak a read and thirty minutes later, he'd be knocking on the door, "ARE YOU ALRIGHT???" Our last night at the beach, he invited me to come watch the sunset. I looked up from the book and said, "Yes! I'll be there in five minutes!" About two hours later, he walked in the door, and I saw pitch black dark behind him. :eek: Yikes! This book threw me down a hold of adventure and I lost all sense of reality and time!

Hotel Pastis...wow, what a great read! Set in France, a UK businessman buys a small hotel to fix up. So wonderfully enchanting!

I will 2nd Gone Girl, and I will add Gillian Flynn's other books: Dark Places, and Sharp Objects.

All VERY good!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter