Going to Knotts?

minniecarousel

Chris Isaak fan
Should we (gasp!) give up a Disneyland day to go to Knott's Berry Farm? We (DH & I) haven't gone to Knotts in years. We are going to be at Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel) from June 15 - 21 with our APs.

I'm not a huge roller coaster fan, but will do a few. I love themed rides. (Knotts used to have a Berry Tales ride, with the smell of blueberry pies throughout!) Would it be worth it to spend a day or part of a day there?

Should we (gasp!) give up a Disneyland day to go to Knott's Berry Farm? We (DH & I) haven't gone to Knotts in years. We are going to be at Disneyland (Disneyland Hotel) from June 15 - 21 with our APs.

I'm not a huge roller coaster fan, but will do a few. I love themed rides. (Knotts used to have a Berry Tales ride, with the smell of blueberry pies throughout!) Would it be worth it to spend a day or part of a day there?

If your gonna be there for 6 days and just plan on doing disneyland, they i would say yeah go and do knott's berry farm since you haven't been there in awhile, a lot has changed over the years. Check out Knott's website and check out all the new rides. Mostly roller coasters but still a nice park and worth a visit.

We are totally not a Knott's Family at this point. It wasn't that much fun for us. If you enjoy doing the thrill rides (wickedly spinning things, roller coasters, dropping from high places, etc, etc.) then you will probably enjoy Knott's for a day. There are plenty of shows, and there are little kid rides, but we don't enjoy it as much as DL. We go when we can get in free for a day.

The park has been doing quite well since the operators of Cedar Point purchased it from the Knott's family. Of course that means more thrill rides but there is still enough for the whole family. It's less expensive than Disneyland so summer crowds can be pretty awful but it's a large park and you'll find plenty to do.

The theming is pretty good and there are plenty of places to eat and snack. Camp Snoopy is great for the kids and there are plenty of things there to keep them occupied over the course of a day.

My initial reaction is NO! We went to Knott's back in 2004 for a day during our trip and I regretted it totally. However, with the length of your trip, you probably have enough time to do it if you are so inclined. We just got back 2 weeks ago from our DLR trip..we spent 3 1/2 days at the parks and I know we could have done one more day easily.. guess it depends on how big of a Disney freak you are! :lmao: We are total freaks and it seems like we could stay there forever!! We just love Disney and no other park is the same!!!:lovestruc Have a great time no matter what you do!!! :goodvibes

Beary tales is gone.......replaced with a dinosaur ride. My family calls Knott's Ghetto Disney..........it's not as cool as it used to be. If you can get cheap tickets go ..........if not save your time and money.
Knott's is better for the rollercoasters, Camp Snoopy is cute too.

I haven't been into the park for over 20 years, so have pre-purchased a day for my trip in September.

I have been to the character brunch on a Sunday though a number of times now (you don't need park entry to eat there) and it is great! The food is fantastic and Snoopy makes a visit. (I think other characters too, but hey if it's not Mickey I'm not all that interested!:rolleyes1 )

I love to go for Mrs. Knott's Chicken Dinner. We go for Breakfast and I love to get biscuits and gravy with a side of fried chicken drumsticks. My husband loves to go for the faster rides. So 3/4 day there make since for us. When we get back I do like to make sure we catch the fireworks at Disneyland.
I think it is fun, not disneyland but fun!

Speaking of Knotts.....anyone remember Sad Eye Joe? Is he still there?

When I was a kid I used to love going to Knott's. But in my opinion it was a real let down when we took our children there last February. We went on a Monday and practically had the whole park to ourselves. Maybe to much so. We were bored pretty quickly even with the rollercoasters. The place is not clean looking and has lost that down home country feelin'. But this is just our families opinion.

The thing I miss most about Knott's Berry Farm is the Soap Box Derby racers, those used to be soooo fun! I wish they never took them out.

Speaking of Knotts.....anyone remember Sad Eye Joe? Is he still there?

He's still there but I don't believe he responds anymore.

For the person wondering how to get there you just hop on the I-5 North and exit Beach Blvd. You can't miss it.

Speaking of miss, I also miss the Soapbox racers. It was my favorite ride. I also like Montezuma's Revenge. Who in their right mind would name a fantastic rollercoaster after the explosive bowel movements you get from drinking the water in Mexico?

Beary tales is gone.......replaced with a dinosaur ride. My family calls Knott's Ghetto Disney..........it's not as cool as it used to be. If you can get cheap tickets go ..........if not save your time and money.
Knott's is better for the rollercoasters, Camp Snoopy is cute too.

Just to let you know...the Dinosaur ride is no longer there either.

We spent a day at Knott's last November...we went on a Tuesday and the park felt like a real Ghost Town because there were so few people there.

There's a new roller coaster there called the Sidewinder that's quite tame, yet loads of fun. It's located near the entrance to Camp Snoopy. Even my 5yo grandson was able to ride this one. It spins you as you zip around the track. My entire family enjoyed it...even those prone to motion sickness. :thumbsup2

Is Knott's worth the trip? If you have the time...perhaps. If you like the late 1800s time period of our country's history, like I do, then the theming of Ghost Town is worth the visit itself.

The log ride is fun, but doesn't come close to Splash Mt... Big Foot Rapids is ok, although Grizzly Rapids is about 100 percent better...the Perilous Plunge is great if you visit during a hot day and you want to get soaked...my sons loved the Supreme Scream...Camp Snoopy is great if you have little ones.

We enjoyed our day at Knott's, but if we had gone during a busy time and had had to wait in long lines, I seriously believe we would have left the park and headed back to the Disney parks. It wouldn't have been worth it to us.

How far is knotts berry farm from Disneyland? How would I get there from Disneyland?

Knott's is fairly close to Disneyland about 7 or 8 miles away in Buena Park. Just take the 5 up to Beach Blvd, make a left and about 3/4 of a mile down the road and your there!

Just to let you know...the Dinosaur ride is no longer there either.

Has anybody else noticed that Dinosaur the ride at Disney's Animal Kingdom is very similar in theme to Knott's Kingdom of the Dinosaurs?

I just made my first trip to Disneyworld and the first thing I thought of on that ride was Kingdom of the Dinosaurs.

Ghetto Disneyland = Love it.

My next door neighbor tried to say Knotts is cleaner then DL.........it was like I wanted to shake her and ask if she was crazy! I am amzed at the difference in the way DL is kept up next to other parks.

Goodness I haven't been to Knotts since I was a kid! Used to love it, but I don't think it's the same. Not really a huge fan of the super thrill rides.

Were actually throwing in a day at Universal Studios on this trip. Usually I can't tear myself away from DL! :) But we added a day to our trip, so that makes up for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter