Going back to the other "World" GKTW 3 Big Gives 5/14

Awww I"m sorry I just saw your orders now!!! Dinner that evening wasn't great and I think my time was better spent here on the boards!!! :lmao:

I hope you hear something this week!

My kids got what they ordered and then I sent dh out to get us something after they went to bed :lmao:

The pixiedust: has started here :lovestruc
Hayden told me there was someone at the door so I opened it and found a balloon and stuff in the door from Avy's Wish Granters. How sweet is that :cloud9:

P1020129.jpg

P1020132.jpg

P1020128.jpg

I am so happy Avy's Wish Granters gave her such a wonderful Valentine surprise, she SO deserved it and SO MUCH MORE!!! YOU are such an encouragement to so many....THANK YOU for always leaving such cheery notes! :flower3:

Thanks for the kind words Judy :cloud9:

Finally some great news for Ella :thumbsup2
We have been fighting with insurance to get her new hearing aids and after 15 months they finally agreed to pay for them. She is getting purple see thru ones :hippie: She really wanted the zebra but I am worried she will hate them in a few yrs so purple it is. The only bummer part is they are still refusing to pay for the FM system (extra add-ons that snap onto the aid so the teacher can talk into a micro phone and it goes right into her ears) because that is $2,550 extra. We are still going to fight to get that added so if anyone wants to send good wishes we will take them pixiedust:

No word about Avy's wish popcorn::

I am really getting worried about Avy's vision she has stopped playing with her I-touch because she says she can't see it. When she does play with it she has it almost touching her nose. :sad1:
It makes me so sad to see that is is going so fast all of a sudden.

Yay for the hearing aids :thumbsup2

About the FM system, have you discussed it with your school system? I know they are all different, but in the one I work for, if a student has a hearing impairment (and I think wearing 2 hearing aids would qualify her for that), they have an FM system that the teacher can wear. Also, many of our new bldgs have them built in so teachers wear them whether they have a hearing impaired student or not. I'm guessing you've probably done it all, but I just had to offer that bit of advice :goodvibes

:hug: for her vision issues - is it expected that her vision will get gradually worse? Or could it just be that her prescription needs adjusting? Happy she got some pixie dust delivered! :goodvibes

Insurance makes me go GRRRRRRR :eek:...Glad they are FINALLY giving her what she deserves and you pay for! Will she need the FM system at school? Just a thought, David's school had to provide his while he was in class, because we wrote it into his IEP...she wouldn't have it at home; however, maybe if she ever needed to borrow it...(we did that once. We had an amazing EC teacher...to bad she left, that is a HUGE reason why he is now homeschooled, another story for another time). I do realize she is only four, so that might not even be a point to consider...I am so sorry to hear of Avy's vision. :hug::grouphug::hug:

Prayers and Pixie pixiedust: Dust coming your way!

Yay for the hearing aids :thumbsup2

About the FM system, have you discussed it with your school system? I know they are all different, but in the one I work for, if a student has a hearing impairment (and I think wearing 2 hearing aids would qualify her for that), they have an FM system that the teacher can wear. Also, many of our new bldgs have them built in so teachers wear them whether they have a hearing impaired student or not. I'm guessing you've probably done it all, but I just had to offer that bit of advice :goodvibes

:hug: for her vision issues - is it expected that her vision will get gradually worse? Or could it just be that her prescription needs adjusting? Happy she got some pixie dust delivered! :goodvibes

Shannon, I see great minds think alike! :)

Now now girls no fighting on Avy's thread :rotfl2:
I will give you both Cokes if we ever get Avy to GKTW :rolleyes1

Ella does have the FM system at preschool but we are not allowed to bring it home. She needs it at the YMCA for Gym and Swim. Poor kid just stands there and looks at all the other kids trying to figure out what they want her to do. She can lip read pretty well for a 4 yr old as long as she has some idea what you are going to say. In the Gym she can't hear at all and has no clue what they are going to play each day so she is so lost :confused3
Plus she has sunday school and other things we really need the FM for outside of school.

For Avy we really don't know how long she will have her vision. There is nothing they can do for her. It is like she is looking through a paper towel tube that is closing down tighter and tighter. I feel so helpless :guilty:

Just joining in. I have missed so many threads and can't figure out why!!:confused3 Your family is so blessed as are any other children you foster! Can't wait to continue following Avy's journey to GKTW!! We were just there and my kids loved it as well!! Our little guy says he wants his wish to be for GKTW too!!(he doesn't qualify for a wish;)

Hope you guys get there soon and she can enjoy the sights some!

But Mooooommmmmm, we AREN'T fighting, just teasing...:rotfl2::lmao: But I will take that coke...if it is diet (My drink of choice :rotfl:)
Ella does have the FM system at preschool but we are not allowed to bring it home. She needs it at the YMCA for Gym and Swim. Poor kid just stands there and looks at all the other kids trying to figure out what they want her to do. She can lip read pretty well for a 4 yr old as long as she has some idea what you are going to say. In the Gym she can't hear at all and has no clue what they are going to play each day so she is so lost :confused3
Plus she has sunday school and other things we really need the FM for outside of school.
God Bless Ella, she DESERVES to hear in ALL situations, it just makes me so upset for her. I have to fight for EVERYTHING for my children as well. It isn't that you mind working hard to get them what they need, it is EXHAUSTING when everything is this way, I DO understand! Money doesn't make you happy...unless that money could be used to improve the quality of your child's life...Praying SOMETHING happens to ensure Ella can just be a child and hear!
For Avy we really don't know how long she will have her vision. There is nothing they can do for her. It is like she is looking through a paper towel tube that is closing down tighter and tighter. I feel so helpless :guilty:
I am so sorry for Avy and for you. David was losing his eyesight due to his pseudotumor cerebrii..they tried to tell me he was putting on, he just wanted glasses. :scared1: They had to eat crow when his Neurologist ordered an LP, which showed his opening pressures triple what they should have been. :eek: He is in a holding/stable pattern with his eyes at the moment. I do know the fear (his and mine) when he was unable to see anything but shapes. :hug::grouphug::hug: for Avy and prayers that SOMETHING will help. I believe in miracles! :angel:

Just joining in. I have missed so many threads and can't figure out why!!:confused3 Your family is so blessed as are any other children you foster! Can't wait to continue following Avy's journey to GKTW!! We were just there and my kids loved it as well!! Our little guy says he wants his wish to be for GKTW too!!(he doesn't qualify for a wish;)

Hope you guys get there soon and she can enjoy the sights some!

Christian and Ella are so mad they don't get a wish. We don't know if Hayden can get one down the road we will see how his arthritis plays out as he ages.

I am so sorry for Avy and for you. David was losing his eyesight due to his pseudotumor cerebrii..they tried to tell me he was putting on, he just wanted glasses. :scared1: They had to eat crow when his Neurologist ordered an LP, which showed his opening pressures triple what they should have been. :eek: He is in a holding/stable pattern with his eyes at the moment. I do know the fear (his and mine) when he was unable to see anything but shapes. :hug::grouphug::hug: for Avy and prayers that SOMETHING will help. I believe n miracles! :angel:

I really think in 10 yrs she will have her sight back. Medical advances are coming so far everyday. It is just hard to watch her struggle :sad2:

Note to self I owe Judy one diet coke :thumbsup2

So sorry to hear about Avy's vision. Poor thing! Hope you guys hear something back soon.

Mountain Dew! Some of my children love that drink...I used to work with a lady who drank TWO LITERS every single day! :scared1:

Okay, so I have no idea where I have been, I thought I had subscribed to your PTR. Anyways, i'll play catch up now. ;)
The pixiedust: has started here :lovestruc
Hayden told me there was someone at the door so I opened it and found a balloon and stuff in the door from Avy's Wish Granters. How sweet is that :cloud9:

P1020129.jpg

P1020132.jpg

P1020128.jpg

Looks how happy Avy is. :lovestruc So so exciting!! :cool1:
Thanks for the kind words Judy :cloud9:

Finally some great news for Ella :thumbsup2
We have been fighting with insurance to get her new hearing aids and after 15 months they finally agreed to pay for them. She is getting purple see thru ones :hippie: She really wanted the zebra but I am worried she will hate them in a few yrs so purple it is. The only bummer part is they are still refusing to pay for the FM system (extra add-ons that snap onto the aid so the teacher can talk into a micro phone and it goes right into her ears) because that is $2,550 extra. We are still going to fight to get that added so if anyone wants to send good wishes we will take them pixiedust:

No word about Avy's wish popcorn::

What geat news about the hearing aids, I really hope they come through and buck up the $$ to ay for the FM System. Can her Dr write a letter indicating that she needs the system? Perhaps they would cover it then? I really hope you guys hear back soon about Avy's wish there anyone at your MAW Chapter you call? What dates did you give them for what you wanted to go?

Can I have a Coke too? ;)

I'm sorry things are so scary with her vision. I hope that what limited vision she has left remains. What a horrible, scary thing it must be for her to be going through. I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose your vision suddenly, let alone a very slow process. :( Lots of :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter