Go Home, December. You're Drunk. - A December 2015 TR - COMPLETED

Apparently I've fallen way behind the power curve here and have a lot of commenting to do!

giphy.gif

Once I sat down with my phone and was getting my phone ready to take the above pic, I turned it on and it was in selfie mode and my finger accidentally brushed the shutter...

20151208_074024-1.jpg

I swear to ya'll, the above pic was not on purpose, and it cracks me up every time that I look at it. So now you all know my half-awake face. :rotfl:

To contrast with the above, I decided to snap one more and put on my Disney face...

20151208_074133-1-1.jpg

MUCH better! Now i can get my day started! I finished up and met up with Mark and Debby at the bus stops, where we headed off to our morning destination...

Haha! Love the difference between the two faces!
Btw, love the face paint you chose! Your eyes look amazing!

Yep. I was determined to squeeze in just a little more Osborne lights time before the park closed on me!

20151208_201708.jpg

Yes, that was the massive crowd still there at 5 mins until park closing... :scared: So so so crazy!

So sad I never got to see these in person. I hope they bring back something similar.

Despite running late, the hostess did tell us it would be a few minutes, so then we did grab a couple of photos. Not directly in front of the castle like I had hoped, but this will do!

20151209_081455-1.jpg

I love this pic of you!

I'm such a nerd. :rotfl:

giphy.gif

Own your nerdiness girl..

My face, you guys. Seriously.

:rotfl: I'm bummed for the kid who got their face blocked by stupid arm raising guy too.

This could be yours for the low low asking price of $37,500! (Okay, maybe it was less than that. I just remember that it was definitely 5-digits.)

:scared1:

We were lead to a MOST EXCELLENT table at the back of the ballroom, right by the windows!

Omg!! The table you got! So awesome! :cloud9:

it was by far the most crowded I've EVER seen Magic Kingdom.. and I've been during 4th of July!

What was with the crowds man? I thought the beginning of Dec was supposed to be low crowds :confused3. Did you have any clue it was going to be that packed?

Pistachio gelato! YUM!!!

:hyper: Totally yum! I LOVE pistachio gelato!!!

Sounds like you had a great time enjoying the MK by yourself that afternoon! Bummer about the Wishes viewing area but you handled it well!

I MUST try that pot roast mac n cheese next time I'm there!!

Your face paint looks amazing as usual - super cute!

I get teary eyed during MSEP. Just the music brings back memories of watching it when I was little during our trips to Disneyland. :)

(( Okay. I'm not even gonna lie to ya'll. Normally I have my TRs wrapped by now. It's been almost 2 months since my trip, and my memory is getting SUPER foggy. And I don't take notes, sooooo... yeah. I guess what I'm saying is expect the rest of this report to be mostly pictures and gifs, and lighter on narration. :laughing: ))

That's okay, I like the pics and gifs. And if that's not enough, I can make up my own story.

OMG I love this picture!! Eeyore is hugging you!

SO. MUCH. FUN! :hyper:

The pictures certainly look like it was a lot of fun!

My face, you guys. Seriously.

I love it!!

Also, another stupid arm raiser completely blocked the face of the child behind him. WHY DO PEOPLE DO THIS. :( It's not even my family and I'm mad on their behalf! (Don't defend it. Just don't.)

I don't understand arm raising in general. The only time I ever did anything like that was when I rode Superman at Six Flags, and that's because I was doing my best impression of Superman flying. In any case other than that, arm raising makes no sense to me.

When I finished my lunch, it was getting just about time to go find my spot for the Festival of Fantasy parade. I headed down into Liberty Square, as I know there to be a nice Wheelchair/ECV section there. Sure enough, they still had room for me and I scootched on in!

Spoiler alert for my TR: I still haven't seen Festival of Fantasy in its entirety. I just never make time for it. I, know, crazy. But that's life.
So I always get all excited when other people see it. Because I can live vicariously through their videos and whatnot.

I still had about an hour or so until I'd be meeting back up with Mark and Debby, so I did the sensible thing... and took a scooter nap. :faint:

Well that's shocking ... not at all. Napping kinda is the best use of your scooter charging time.

We were lead to a MOST EXCELLENT table at the back of the ballroom, right by the windows!

Nice! That's my favorite place to sit!

o we checked out the lines for Buzz Lightyear and Space Mountain... both WAY too long. So. We did the only two things left in Tomorrowland to be done. Yep. Stitch and the Laugh Floor, both of which I normally skip. :rotfl:

Sometimes lines and attraction breakdowns make us do crazy things. It's kinda funny.

I was much happier now, and was content to just relax for a while and let the crowds moooooove. And they did for quite a while... it was by far the most crowded I've EVER seen Magic Kingdom.. and I've been during 4th of July!

What? More crowded than the 4th of July? That is craziness!!

Along the way, I looked to my right, and saw MORE fireworks over the treetops! I don't know how true it was, but I overheard somebody nearby say they were from Pop Warner, which the direction they were coming from actually made sense...

That is awesome! I love random, unexpected fireworks views.
And yes, that looks like it might be coming from Wide World of Sports. But don't trust me, because I'm directionally impaired.

Another great update ... although the park crowdedness made me sad. At least there was some awesome fireworks to make it all better!

How cool that your Uncle got chosen at Laugh Floor, I really hope one of my family gets chosen at some point :)

All your food for the day looks delicious!

What a shame the Wishes FP+ was so crowded, surely they must have a limit on passes??

DH and I did Stitch last month for the first time, since the boys never want to try it.

Will I get impeached out of the Dis family if I say it's absolutely HORRENDOUS :scared1:

But I do love this guy :stitch:

DH and I did Stitch last month for the first time, since the boys never want to try it.

Will I get impeached out of the Dis family if I say it's absolutely HORRENDOUS :scared1:

I am pretty sure everyone in the Dis family thinks it is absolutely horrendous. I won't let my Stitch loving kid do it, I just couldn't do it to him.

I hate that they do F&W the same months as the Halloween parties, because I love me some F&W. It's the only thing stopping me from changing my travel dates to a time of year when no parties are happening (like mid to late Jan/Feb).
October is such a great time to go the Florida because the weather is so nice. But you're right that the parties and F&W at the same time tend to bring in the crowds. I just wish I could manage to go to a non-crowded Halloween party. The two times we've been have been sell outs. :(

We've been to WDW many times in January and early February - the low price season. The parks are less crowded but they also tend to have reduced hours.

Despite running late, the hostess did tell us it would be a few minutes, so then we did grab a couple of photos. Not directly in front of the castle like I had hoped, but this will do!

Great pic! I was bummed when we missed getting photos in front of the castle, too. I should have improvised like you did. :thumbsup2

SO. MUCH. FUN! :hyper:

Looks like it! Great pics!

I just didn't want to leave!!! So. I didn't. I sent them off to the bus stops, and I just roamed. Snacked. Shopped. I don't think I even rode anything because the lines for everything were so crazy.

Oh. I did buy a balloon!...

I don't blame you. Just being there is a great feeling!

Aaaaand so this happened...

20151209_134226-1.jpg

Yes. I rolled out like that for the entire rest of the day/night. "Blending in" really isn't my thing.

Fabulous!

So she asked me to pick one up for her, she didn't care what it looked like, it just had to say Walt Disney World and 2015 on it. But it turned out that they only had 2016 left in stock... All the 2015 Walt Disney World ornaments where already sold out! In the first week of December!

Oh, no!! Must be a hot item that time of year. :confused3

So! I improvised... I found a really pretty blue Walt Disney World ornament, and had them personalize it with 2015 for me.

smart.gif

Tonight it was A-W-F-U-L. I got there early, and it was already PACKED... and they were still letting people in! There was no more room for anybody, especially not me and my wheels. The CM working the entrance was a young guy who made it clear that he gave zero craps. I was also upset that even though the FP online clearly stated that the area would open at xx:xx time, he said they they actually start letting people in an HOUR before that. It was pretty terrible, and I ended up with not-the-best view, with a bit of tree and such in the way. BUT. I took a deep breath and reminded myself at I was at Disney World and about to watch Wishes, and everything was going to be FINE.

Love your attitude. :thumbsup2

Hi!:smickey: Super late joining it but just got caught up! Love all of you AOA pictures! It looks like a fun place to stay! Also I keep telling myself I am going to do the face-painting one day! Maybe next trip! Anyways can't wait to hear more!

Yum yum and yum! I love breakfast at Crystal Palace. It's soooo good!

Oooh you got more face paint! Is this gonna be a daily thing? :)

That splash mountain pic is hilarious!

I love the balloon! Do they last a long time?

You had some really delicious food today! Pot Roast mac n cheese!!! Be our guest!!! Gonna check out your reviews now...

And double fireworks in one night! Awesome! Where were the second set of fireworks from?

Not directly in front of the castle like I had hoped, but this will do!

I actually like this side shot better than a lot of the full frontal pics that people take of the castle...makes it more special :)

Yeah, it was time for a little bit more of this...

Love the face paint! And it even looks awesome with your shirt...did you plan that?

Beast unfortunately had quite a line, so we decided to forgo visiting with him

I find this a bit sad...I mean.. I wouldn't have wanted to wait in line either, but it's sad that even with a dinner ADR, that is SO hard to get, that the line for the Beast is still crazy. Not sure what they could do about that, but still...too bad.

Sorry about the whole Wishes FP+ thing...that would have stung a bit after all that planning. But looks like you enjoyed it in the end.

My DD and I just watched your FoF video. She really enjoyed it, squealing as each new princess came by. Thanks for sharing.

Great pic - you look like you're having a blast!

In the shop was this crystal Cinderella's Castle that I couldn't help but stop to Ooh and Aah over...

20151209_140140-1.jpg

20151209_140155-1.jpg

This could be yours for the low low asking price of $37,500! (Okay, maybe it was less than that. I just remember that it was definitely 5-digits.)

Who goes into Disney with a spare $37,500 to spend?? It's like the Harley Davidson store they had (have?) at Disney Springs - because you know a motorcycle is a really obvious choice of souvenir and easy to get home too! :laughing:

The Monsters Inc Laugh Floor ended up being okay. If you've done it before, then you know the video monitors will pop up a few people in the audience, and the comedians will make jokes about them. And whose face shows up on the screen at one point? Mark's. :lmao: The comedian said like 3 jokes, starting with: "Look at this guy! He thinks his nose is so important, he had to underline it!" (Making fun of his mustache.) Unfortunately, I can't tell you what the other jokes were, because I was crying in the floor. :rotfl2:

zB2bTM3RyMRig.gif

I love the laugh floor - and you went at a great time because the night time sessions are a little more adult than the ones they do during the day!

Ahh, massive update!

Yum, love CP breakfast! And I love the shot of Pooh giving you a sweet kiss!

It sounds like you had a great afternoon just exploring and having some solo time. It must have been nice to have time to do what you wanted after touring with your aunt and uncle.

Confession Time: As I was watching the video just now to make sure it all uploaded correctly, twice I got choked up completely unexpectedly, and had to blink back happy tears. Why does Walt Disney World do that to me?!

I get teary eyed over something Disney related almost every week, so there is no judgement here!

I'm sorry the FP+ area was so crowded. I'm really on the fence about using a FP+ on this. But it seems like you still had a good view...and it's still Wishes!

Great update Billie! I am in love with your blingy Minnie Mouse shirt!
Thank you!! I made it using an iron-on I found on Etsy!

Um, I'm the one that gets teary when I watch the MSEP so I'm not questioning your happy tears at all.
giphy-gif.148977
Spoiler Alert: I totally looked like that while watching Illuminations on our final night.

We were at Magic Kingdom the 9th also. We got there early in the morning and it was awesome. But the afternoon? Not so much! We had FPs for the MSEP and couldn't even GET there it was so packed (no room to move at all - we finally gave up and just stopped some random place and were 3-4 rows back). It was insane. Definitely not one of my favorite things about this trip! But everything else was really manageable. Just this night was really bad!!
Yes!!! it was INSANITY!!! That's a total bummer that you couldn't even use your FP for MSEP!!!

Planning this for my last MK day, also my last full day. Exciting!
You're going to LOVE LOVE LOVE it!

LOVE this pic. Also great idea using it as the "before"
Thank you! I'm pretty fond of it, fat and all!

Sooooooo ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! Also love the one with you and Piglet. They're all great pics.
Definitely FUN FUN FUN! I want to go back!

But of course. Suits you quite excellently
Thank you, darling!

This is lovely. No wonder your grandmother wants a copy.
EEP. Thanks for reminding me, I still need to work on that!

That's what I call travelling Disney Style
Exaaaactly!

How great that you got to meet up again
Yes, I was so happy she texted me!

No, no, no, nope. Still have traumatic memories from its predecessor. More on that it my next update tomorrow.
You poor thing!

Sucks! But way to go on not letting it ruin the moment.
It takes a LOT to ruin Disney World for me!

Overall sounds like a most magical MK day.
It really was!

Apparently I've fallen way behind the power curve here and have a lot of commenting to do!

giphy.gif
I'm always behind the power curve on when it comes to staying up-to-date on the threads I follow here! I'm awful!

Haha! Love the difference between the two faces!
I'm telling you, I'm not a morning person at all, but I force myself to be one when I'm at Disney. The struggle is real.

Btw, love the face paint you chose! Your eyes look amazing!
Thank you!!

So sad I never got to see these in person. I hope they bring back something similar.
I'm so happy I got to see them one last time!

I love this pic of you!
Thank you again!

giphy.gif

Own your nerdiness girl..
Girl, I soooo do! (Also, I love this gif so hard, I can't stop giggling at it!)

:rotfl: I'm bummed for the kid who got their face blocked by stupid arm raising guy too.
I know, right?!?! KEEP YOUR ARMS DOWN, PEOPLE. IT ADDS NOTHING TO THE RIDE.

Omg!! The table you got! So awesome! :cloud9:
Right?! That's TWICE now that I've lucked out with a window table!

What was with the crowds man? I thought the beginning of Dec was supposed to be low crowds :confused3. Did you have any clue it was going to be that packed?
I knew from reading the November reports here on the Dis that it was going to be busier than I expected for early December. I didn't know it was going to be THAT crazy, though!

:hyper: Totally yum! I LOVE pistachio gelato!!!
It was deeeeeelicious!

Sounds like you had a great time enjoying the MK by yourself that afternoon!
I did! I love my solo time!

Bummer about the Wishes viewing area but you handled it well!
It's Disney, man! Just gotta shake off the negative and just remember how fortunate you are to be there, you know?

I MUST try that pot roast mac n cheese next time I'm there!!
Yes, you really MUST!

Your face paint looks amazing as usual - super cute!
Why, thank you!

I get teary eyed during MSEP. Just the music brings back memories of watching it when I was little during our trips to Disneyland. :)
D'awww! For me it's Celebrate the Magic and Illuminations. And sometimes Wishes. And now, apparently, Festival of Fantasy. :laughing:

That's okay, I like the pics and gifs. And if that's not enough, I can make up my own story.
Thanks for understanding, Sarah!

OMG I love this picture!! Eeyore is hugging you!
Eeyore gives GREAT hugs!

The pictures certainly look like it was a lot of fun!
It was a BLAST!

I don't understand arm raising in general. The only time I ever did anything like that was when I rode Superman at Six Flags, and that's because I was doing my best impression of Superman flying. In any case other than that, arm raising makes no sense to me.
No sense what-so-ever!

Spoiler alert for my TR: I still haven't seen Festival of Fantasy in its entirety. I just never make time for it. I, know, crazy. But that's life.
So I always get all excited when other people see it. Because I can live vicariously through their videos and whatnot.
WHAAAAAAT!!! :eek:

Well that's shocking ... not at all. Napping kinda is the best use of your scooter charging time.
It totally is!

Nice! That's my favorite place to sit!
That's 2/3 times at BoG that I've scored a table by the windows! I am so pleased by this fact!

What? More crowded than the 4th of July? That is craziness!!
I might be mistaken on the actual crowd level, as I was there for July 4th waaaaay back in 2000. But it sure seemed just as bad if not worse!

That is awesome! I love random, unexpected fireworks views.
And yes, that looks like it might be coming from Wide World of Sports. But don't trust me, because I'm directionally impaired.
Nah, I think you're right! It's the only thing that makes sense!

Another great update ... although the park crowdedness made me sad. At least there was some awesome fireworks to make it all better!
It made me sad, too! But you're right, the surprise fireworks helped!

How cool that your Uncle got chosen at Laugh Floor, I really hope one of my family gets chosen at some point :)
My aunt was like, "What's with you two gettin' picked for all this stuff?" :laughing:

All your food for the day looks delicious!
It was a VERY delicious day!

What a shame the Wishes FP+ was so crowded, surely they must have a limit on passes??
You would think so! It was just craziness!

Hahaha. I think you're safe, the general consensus is that it's pretty awful.

Me too! He needs a better attraction! :stitch2:

I am pretty sure everyone in the Dis family thinks it is absolutely horrendous. I won't let my Stitch loving kid do it, I just couldn't do it to him.
Bahaha! It's TERRIBLE!

October is such a great time to go the Florida because the weather is so nice. But you're right that the parties and F&W at the same time tend to bring in the crowds. I just wish I could manage to go to a non-crowded Halloween party. The two times we've been have been sell outs. :(
The one Halloween party I've been to was on a Tuesday in late September, and it was pretty quiet! My next one is still on a Tuesday, but during the week of Halloween, so I'm expecting it to be much more crowded. :sad:

We've been to WDW many times in January and early February - the low price season. The parks are less crowded but they also tend to have reduced hours.
Yes! I've done Jan/Feb in the distant past, and I remember it being awesome!

Great pic! I was bummed when we missed getting photos in front of the castle, too. I should have improvised like you did. :thumbsup2
I was surprised how good they turned out!

Looks like it! Great pics!
SO MUCH FUN!

I don't blame you. Just being there is a great feeling!
It really really is! :cloud9:

Oh, no!! Must be a hot item that time of year. :confused3
I guess so! It just stinks that people who were there for Christmas 2015 couldn't get a 2015 Christmas ornament!

*hair-flip!*

Love your attitude. :thumbsup2
It's Disney! Gotta keep it positive!

Hi!:smickey: Super late joining it but just got caught up! Love all of you AOA pictures! It looks like a fun place to stay! Also I keep telling myself I am going to do the face-painting one day! Maybe next trip! Anyways can't wait to hear more!
Hi there! :welcome: I support more adult face-paint lovers! You definitely should do it, it's so much fun!

Yum yum and yum! I love breakfast at Crystal Palace. It's soooo good!
Oh gosh, SO GOOD. I want to go back RIGHT NOW!

Oooh you got more face paint! Is this gonna be a daily thing? :)
Hahaha, I wish! I just did it the two days on that trip!

That splash mountain pic is hilarious!
I crack up every time I look at it. :laughing:

I love the balloon! Do they last a long time?
Apparently, they do! My friends I met up with there got one for their son on their first day, and they said that at the end of their 2-week vacation the balloon still looked brand new! (I only had mine for a few days. I didn't bother bringing it home with me, I just left it in the room.)

You had some really delicious food today! Pot Roast mac n cheese!!! Be our guest!!! Gonna check out your reviews now...
It was DEFINITELY a good eats kind of day!

And double fireworks in one night! Awesome! Where were the second set of fireworks from?
Rumor was they were coming from the Pop Warner event happening over at the Wide World of Sports complex.

I actually like this side shot better than a lot of the full frontal pics that people take of the castle...makes it more special :)
D'awww, that's nice of you to say!

Love the face paint! And it even looks awesome with your shirt...did you plan that?
Not really. I just love pink!

I find this a bit sad...I mean.. I wouldn't have wanted to wait in line either, but it's sad that even with a dinner ADR, that is SO hard to get, that the line for the Beast is still crazy. Not sure what they could do about that, but still...too bad.
(It honestly wasn't THAT bad... The subtext in my original post was "my aunt didn't want to wait so we just left." Shhhh. I'm trying to gloss over stuff like that in the report!)

Sorry about the whole Wishes FP+ thing...that would have stung a bit after all that planning. But looks like you enjoyed it in the end.
Yeah, that really upset me initially. But. I got over it quick. I always do at Disney!

My DD and I just watched your FoF video. She really enjoyed it, squealing as each new princess came by. Thanks for sharing.

Great pic - you look like you're having a blast!
Or plummeting to my death. :laughing:

Who goes into Disney with a spare $37,500 to spend?? It's like the Harley Davidson store they had (have?) at Disney Springs - because you know a motorcycle is a really obvious choice of souvenir and easy to get home too! :laughing:
BAHAHA! That's SO TRUE!!! I never even thought about that!

I love the laugh floor - and you went at a great time because the night time sessions are a little more adult than the ones they do during the day!
I had forgotten how funny it is!

Ahh, massive update!

Yum, love CP breakfast! And I love the shot of Pooh giving you a sweet kiss!
Pooh and Friends were all SO SO SO sweet!

It sounds like you had a great afternoon just exploring and having some solo time. It must have been nice to have time to do what you wanted after touring with your aunt and uncle.
It was. You know I love my solo time, girl!

I get teary eyed over something Disney related almost every week, so there is no judgement here!
My people. :hug:

I'm sorry the FP+ area was so crowded. I'm really on the fence about using a FP+ on this. But it seems like you still had a good view...and it's still Wishes!
I am too. I've done it twice now and had one excellent experience with it and one awful experience. So I'm wondering if I should go for a tie-breaker in October, or just leave it alone! :confused3

The one Halloween party I've been to was on a Tuesday in late September, and it was pretty quiet! My next one is still on a Tuesday, but during the week of Halloween, so I'm expecting it to be much more crowded. :sad:

We went to the party on Thursday, Oct 22nd and it was very crowded. I remember thinking that the CM's did a poor job of clearing the non party people out of the Hub before the first Hocus Pocus show. That show was exceedingly crowded.

DAY 7
December 10th, 2015 - Thursday
More Animal Kingdom and Epcot!

I woke up early this morning and headed down to the Landscape of Flavors food court... I had gotten it in my head that I needed one last omelet!

20151210_075630-1.jpg

Are ya'll tired of omelet pictures yet? :laughing:

After I ate, I met up with Mark & Debby at the bus stops, and our chariot whisked us away to our morning destination: Animal Kingdom!

Pretty Christmas tree outside the gates...

ak_xmas_tree.jpg

This morning as we wandered through the Oasis, we veered to the right and headed right for our first FP+ of the day... Dinosaur! Along the way, we stopped and I got a coffee. It was imperative! I was dragging this morning! It was an iced coffee though, so I pretty much chugged it. Aunt Debby found her a cozy bench, and Uncle Mark and I headed on to find our TimeRover and hang out with a scary Carnotaurus!

AK_DINOSAURRIDE_7544424721.jpeg

My hair is super jacked in this photo. :rotfl: I like how Mark looks like "Da hell?" and I'm like "Whaddup, bro!"

Onward! We wandered over to one of my most favoritest things... The Maharajah Jungle Trek! I'm a tiger fan, and I love the bats, too! Strangely, I took zero photos on this trail. Weird!

From there, we made our way over to Expedition Everest! Now, we had 10:10am FP+ set up for this. But at this point it was only 9:55am or so, and there was NOBODY in the Single Rider line. After about 3 seconds of discussion, Mark and I said screw it and just went and jumped in the Single Rider line instead!

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7552594165.jpeg

AK_EXPEDITIONEVERESTRIDE_7552594012.jpeg

Arm-raising is apparently acceptable on Everest. No face-blockage. I approve! :thumbsup2

When we got off the ride, he said something about doing it again, which I was ALL FOR, but we decided not because we knew Aunt Debby was waiting on us. She told us we should go again if we wanted, but we said nah!

We had some time before our next FastPass, so we stopped and did a first for me, and something I wanted to do especially for Aunt Debby, since she loves birds: Flights of Wonder! It was super cute. At least what I saw of it... Not gonna lie to ya'll. The coffee from earlier had worn off, and I dozed through most of the show... right up until a FALCON BUZZED THE TOP OF MY HEAD. Yeah, that'll wake ya up, lemme tell ya! :laughing:

Now the next FP+ was for Kali River Rapids, but for some reason we decided not to do it. :confused3 It's been 2 months, I can't remember these kind of details!

We were all ready for some lunch at this point, and none of the QS options were really moving us. Then I remembered about that T-Rex gift card that I brought, and was burning a hole in my wallet. Hmmm... :scratchin I told them I had an idea, and to follow me.

I smelled it before I reached it, parked my wheels, and sauntered on into a very crowded lobby at Yak & Yeti. I approached the podium, dripped some honey on the hostess, explained we didn't have an ADR, flashed my Landry's Club card at her... And within 5 minutes, we were lead to a great table upstairs, overlooking the dining room below. SCORE!

Our server was SUPER cool, and really helped us with the menu. Before long, beautiful appetizers appeared on our table!

20151210_114109-1.jpg

To read more about the food, you can find the details over HERE on my Dining Report!

Our super awesome server saw me snapping food pics, and offered to take a pic of all of us... Then proceeded to take the WORST PHOTO OF ME EVER.

20151210_115848-1.jpg

I don't know why I'm even sharing it! TERRIBLENESS!

Oh, and then there were fortune cookies. And this was mine. Make of it what you will.

20151210_122544-1.jpg

...Naughty. :rotfl:

With full bellies, we decided to do some shopping! Debby found her a few things, and I found this AWESOME totebag. It was also cheap. I don't remember how cheap, I just remember it was a lot less than most bags I'd looked at this size:

20160206_210543-1.jpg

I just love it! I actually use it 3 times a week to bring my workout clothes/sneakers/water bottle to the office with me on gym days!

After shopping, we said goodbye to Animal Kingdom, and headed back to the resort for a much needed nap! :faint:

GZrSvWlhtXHy.gif

After resting and getting our second wind, we headed back out for our FINAL NIGHT AT DISNEY WORLD. :sad: But... at least were going someplace wonderful. Yep, we were heading back to Epcot!

While at the bus stop and waiting on Mark and Debby, I was on my phone checking Facebook, and somebody had commented that they hadn't seen me in my tiara enough on the trip. I just happened to be wearing my tiara at that exact moment, so I snapped this pic and replied to her comment with it:

20151210_155458-1.jpg

SO MUCH SASS. But really ya'll, what the crap was going in with my hair on this day? Geez!

Anyhow, so Epcot! We arrived safe and sound, and this time we stopped at the entrance for PhotoPass pics!

EPCOT_ECENTR2_7545041384.jpeg

EPCOT_ECENTR2_7545040607.jpeg

EPCOT_ECENTR2_7545041382.jpeg

We ended up in MouseGears right off the rip, where Debby and I did some shopping. She found a really cute colorful Mickey totebag that she kept calling her "happy bag." :laughing: We also got the photo frame for my grandmother to house the picture from Magic Kingdom the day before that I still need to print. Oops. :oops:

After MouseGears, we made our way to the left and back up into World Showcase, ready to take on the rest of the countries! It was fun just browsing and exploring. More shopping ensued. Debby found a really cute vest thingy in China, and I bought a little hair clip that I now cannot find! I'm hoping it will surface, it was a really pretty little butterfly!

We ended up finishing way earlier than I expected, so we just chilled in Italy and people-watched for a while. I was kinda hungry, so I ended up at a Joffrey's kiosk (which was staffed by some really rude CMs :sad2: ) and grabbed a pastry and a coffee to nibble on.

Finally, it was close enough to dinner time to wander back on over to Germany! Where I happened to spot a PhotoPass photographer...

EPCOT_WRLDSHW3_7545089381.jpeg

I got us checked in at Biergarten, and apparently there was quite a wait, because we looked through the shops for a while. We poked our heads into the Karamel Kuche, but the line was 12 miles long. :scared: I definitely wanted a treat from here, but I decided to check back in after dinner... and then never went back. :sad:

Finally our pager we off and we were led into the restaurant and our table with a family of 5... Mom, Dad, and 3 young boys. Mark and Debby got to talking to the parents a good bit towards the end of the meal. Me, however... I was just incredibly awkward. :laughing:

20151210_193436-1.jpg

I also wrote about the food and stuff over HERE on my Dining Report!

After dinner, it was about time to try and grab a spot for Illuminations, and that's when Debby said they were wanting to go back to the room. :sad: They were going to miss Wishes AND Illuminations? This time I kinda laid it on thick... Told them it was our last night there and it would really mean a lot to me if they would stay for the show. I would find them a bench to sit on and watch from and everything (which I knew was a VERY tall order). They agreed, so I went off in search!

xTiTnwLNe6sSsySBNu.gif

My first stop was at a section near Germany that had been roped off, and a CM was standing there, an elderly gentleman. I asked him if he knew where the closest Wheelchair/ECV seating section was. He was VERY VERY nice, and he wasn't sure, so he radioed to somebody, who walked over a few minutes later, another CM, this time an elderly lady, who was also EXTREMELY nice. She didn't know either, and they tried radioing a few other people... NOBODY COULD GIVE THEM AN ANSWER. :confused3

Finally the SUPER NICE elderly gentleman CM asked how many people I had with me, I explained it was just me and my aunt & uncle, and he said "You know what? Why don't ya'll just come right on in here?" And then invited us into into the COMPLETELY EMPTY roped-off section that he was was guarding! That's when he told me it was being reserved for the Candlelight Processional package people, and that the show would be letting out in a few minutes, but that Mark & Debby and I could go in and find us a spot before they arrived, since nobody could tell him where to send us for Accessible viewing! WHAT. OMG. AWESOME.

zBhZiVNNQjfTG.gif

Moral of the story: I LOVE OLD PEOPLE NOW. :lovestruc

There were two empty benches inside towards the back of the area, not against the rail, but that was good enough for me! Mark & Debby sat down, and I scooted up the the railing and found me a good spot to watch from! It couldn't have possibly worked out any more perfectly!

20151210_211220-1-1.jpg

I was a little worried about the island there, but I was pretty certain from my recollection of the show that it wouldn't get in the way. (Spoiler alert: It didn't!) As I was sitting here, I looked down into the water directly below me, and a bunch of ducks were hanging out!

20151210_210938-1.jpg

These two spent the most time chillin' with me. At one point a big gang of rival ducks came swimming in, and I watched them all have a duck turf war. My boys held their own though, and ran them off, then came back to me for some more chill time.

Once the Candlelight Processional let out, people started to trickle in my roped off area, and a guy came and stood next to me and started setting up a small tripod. He struck up a conversation, and we talked for a while. I can't remember his name now... Steve, maybe? Big Disney World fan, PodCast listener, etc. (Not a DISer, though... I asked!) He was recently divorced, and was there for his very first solo trip. And with me being a solo trip veteran, that gave us plenty to chat about. He was a nice dude, and it helped passed the half-hour or so until it was time for Illuminations!

(And I know how you girls think, so before you even go there... No. It wasn't like that. And he was too short for me, anyhow. :P )

When the show was just about to start, Mark and Debby actually left their comfy bench and came and stood next to me to watch. I grabbed just a couple pictures, I mainly just wanted to watch and enjoy! (And cry a little... I'm such a baby.)

20151210_212947-1.jpg

20151210_213106-1.jpg

20151210_213109-1.jpg

Afterwards I thanked Mark and Debby for staying so I could share my favorite nighttime show at Disney with them. Debby said she was glad they stayed, and that it was beautiful. Yay. :) So they headed for the bus stops without me... What, why? It's EMH night, that's why! And I got some rides to be hittin'!

I zipped over to TestTrack, and between the fact that it was EMH, Illuminations had just wrapped, and Single Rider line... I literally was able to walk right on!

EPCOT_DPIRIDESYSGMTT_7547653560.jpeg

Then as I was heading over to Mission Space, I noticed my scooter was limping along and running very low on power again. I was NOT going to let it force me to end this night early, so I had an idea. I zipped into the dump shop and explained my situation to the CMs there, and asked if they had anywhere I could plug in a charge for a little bit, while I was in queue and then riding the attraction. That way I could just pick it up on my way out. They said no problem, and actually showed me to an outlet in a little recessed area where they said the often let folks plug in their mobility devices. SCORE! So I got that set up, then walked out and back around to the front, and then on through the queue.

20151210_224300-1.jpg

It was bout here (see above) that my legs started giving me some trouble, but I knew we were close, so I just dealt with it. And I'm so glad that I did, because it was a blast, as always! After the ride, I just grabbed my wheels from the dump shop, thanked the CMs profusely, and headed out. That half hour or so of charging did wonders, and I was off to my next destination.

On my way across to the Land pavilion, I stopped and grabbed a photo of the Fountain of Nations as it was doing it's thing...

20151210_230910-1.jpg

And then for some inexplicable reason, I took this picture of myself looking super creepy...

20151210_232547-1.jpg

And then I was off for another ride on my favorite... Soarin'! This time so I could relax and not worry about anybody else, and just enjoy it! And I'm pretty sure I was on the very last flight of the night, too! Before heading down to the queue, I found the outlet upstairs that I've used before, and plugged the scooter in to charge some more while I went and had my flight.

As I exited the park, I did stop for this shot of Spaceship Earth...

20151210_234005-1.jpg

And just before exiting, I stopped for one more PhotoPass pic. Again, my timing couldn't have been better, because a CM cut the line off right after I got in it! While I was waiting, I spied this super cute Stitch topiary...

20151210_234535-1.jpg

And then got my PP picture, in which he told me to pose sassy with my hand on my hip, and didn't even try to center me probably because he was ready to go home, and so I look ridiculous and there's some random behind me...

EPCOT_ECENTR3_7545355953.jpeg

Then I slowly creeped my way out to the bus stops on my little battery-challenged scooter, and finally across the expanse of AoA back to my room. Debby had me knock on her door to let them know when I was back. Mark was asleep but she was still up finishing packing as we were due to check-out the next morning :sad: , so she came over to my room and chatted with me a little while as I was getting my things packed up.

I was telling her about how sometime in the last day or two, I'd lost feeling in my second toe on my right foot, and how weird it felt. I was also showing her how insanely swollen my lower legs, ankles, and feet were (from being on my feet so much). So she one-ups me, and shows me her legs, and the fronts of her lower calves are covered in somewhat swollen, hot-to-the-touch bright red blotches... Guess who got the DISNEY RASH?! As soon as I saw it, I knew what it was (thanks to @Chicago Mo and others on these boards), so I was able to tell her about it and put her mind at ease a bit. I should have taken a photo, because it was REALLY bad! Disney was leaving us all kinds of BEAT UP!!!

O6p0jrypjfctO.gif

Worth it. :thumbsup2

Then we said good night, and she went back to her room, and I finished the majority of my packing, took a shower, and got in the bed. It was already very late, and we had one last stop to make in the morning before hitting the road for home!

10jniOyQtffjbO.gif

Up Next: Departure Day / Trip Report Wrap-Up

Last edited:
Moral of the story: I LOVE OLD PEOPLE NOW. :lovestruc

This had me cracking up! That was some major pixie dust you got there! :thumbsup2

Great update! I can't believe it's your last night already! Vacations (and their accompanying TR's) fly by way too fast! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter