Go Home, December. You're Drunk. - A December 2015 TR - COMPLETED

I can never keep up with other's threads like I should, I totally understand! I'm glad you're still with me! :hug: And you'll be there before you know it, less than 9 short months to go now!!!

9 MONTHS!!!! And today, is exactly 38 weeks!!

So, after re-reading your update, I'm wondering if I need to re-think my Disney Springs plans. The whole area has such crappy reviews now, the crowds, the layout, everything. I dunno. I really only wanna go there for Raglan and the Legos and head out I guess. such a bummer.

So, after re-reading your update, I'm wondering if I need to re-think my Disney Springs plans. The whole area has such crappy reviews now, the crowds, the layout, everything. I dunno. I really only wanna go there for Raglan and the Legos and head out I guess. such a bummer.

I would still go Liesa, just maybe do the shopping part in the afternoon and have an early dinner. Or visit during the week when it might be less crowded. Billie and I were also there during Christmas season so not only did we have regular shopping crowds but also Christmas shopping crowds. The layout hasn't really changed that much in my opinion. The difference is that if you are driving you have to park out on the West End and walk all the way to the Marketplace. Not sure if that is an issue when taking the bus??

Hey, Billie. Caught your DR update but somehow missed this. Oops! :blush:

She directed me to a little white button on the outside of the left battery. I pushed it back into a locked position, put the key back in... and all was right in the world once more! Hooray!

Sorry you had a scare with the ECV dying but glad to hear you got it fixed quickly and were able to fix it when it happened later. But is it typical to have so many problems? Sounds like a lot of stress. :headache:

I just LOVE this print and how it represent the four Walt Disney World theme parks and those special Disney treats!!! It's been a month since I got home, and this purse still just tickles me to death, and everywhere I go I have this wonderful daily reminder of my happy place. Totally worth every penny spent on it. :cutie:

I love the purse and I'm so happy you got it. I know you've mentioned before that you have trouble finding just the right purse. You deserve it! :thumbsup2

20151207_160002-1.jpg

Hi, Billie! :wave2: I'm glad you let them take it, it's a great photo.

Jeesus!! :scared1: I couldn't eat anywhere near that thing. :rotfl:

we both signed up for the Landry's Club cards. It's $25 to sign up, but they put that $25 back on your card for you to spend in their restaurants. And then on the first day of your birthday month, they load $25 onto it for you. So we both walked in with $50 to put towards our meals.

Ooh! Must look into this for our upcoming trip. :thumbsup2 Thanks for the tip.

Then when it came time to do the bill, the manager used the $50 that was on mine and Mark's Landry's Club cards, and comped the remaining amount, even the drinks. So I didn't even need to touch my gift card I'd brought. Score! :hyper:

I love good customer service.

My 6'0" frame just feels like it's sitting in a puddle!

I'm 5'6" and I can't take a bath either. :sad2: I think most tubs are only meant for children.

What is a cottontini?
It's cotton candy in a glass with liquor and fruit juice poured over top. YUM! :drinking1

That was really nice of them to comp the meal. It's a good thing you noticed the mushrooms.
I was blown away how well they took care of us! None of us even asked for any compensation, we only even brought it to the waiter's attention so that Debby could pick a different side instead, that's all we wanted. They went waaaay above and beyond! :eek:

Your trip is going too fast. I can't believe it is half over already.
I know it! I need to update faster, though... Details of the rest of the week are getting more and more foggy! I'll try to have another day posted soon!

The answer is delicious. A cottontini is delicious.
^THIS. ::yes::

ALL CAUGHT UP! I started to quote stuff and then well it became ALOT! So i am just going to leave some lovely comments and hope I can start being more up to date!
Hahaha! That's good enough for me! :goodvibes

Total bummer about the scooter, stinks it died the first day, stinks you have to keep resetting it.... i am guessing MAYBE you are going to go back to the other company??
Yep, I sure I am. I have problems with the other company's equipment too, but at least their batteries work!

I hope Aunt Debbie gets a scooter for the rest of your park days!
Sadly, this did not come to pass. :sad2:

Akershus looked good! I have only been for dinner but I really enjoyed it, so i am looking forward to trying breakfast!
Yes! I wouldn't mind trying dinner there, but I figured with my aunt and uncle, breakfast was safer. I'm glad we went, it was delicious!

Love Love Love the bag you got! amazing! Also breakfast didn't look so bad at Kona either :)
Both made me a very happy girl! It was a great morning! :cutie:

Looking forward to staying current and reading some more!
Take your time! Lord knows I'm always behind on the threads that I follow! :blush:

I can't believe all of the scooter issues you're having this trip. I'm guessing you'll forgo the pink next time and go back to the other company?????
I am indeed forgoing the pink in October! I loved it, but it wasn't worth all the hassle! :sad2:

So glad you got to try both. Think we'll have to follow suit on our next visit so I can finally try the toast.
Do it! Just try it. The three of you split it or something. I'm glad I tried it, because it really is delicious, but like you, I'm more about savory than sweet, so it's unlikely I'd order it again. Mmmmm, Samoan... So good...

You totally should have hit up the Tambu Lounge instead. Can't beat drinking and shopping ; )
I know, I feel so dumb for not thinking of the Tambu Lounge! :headache: I just saw Trader Sam's was closed, shrugged, and went directly to shopping!

First, love, love, love this. But second, be careful your first designer bag is a really just a gateway drug.
It's funny you say that. I was on the Disney Store's website looking at other Dooney bags last week, oohing and aahing at some of the other prints, and then aggressively reminding myself that I do NOT need more of them! :rotfl:

That a girl!!!!!!!!!! Now this really is vacation.
Indeed! It was a lovely way to spend and hour or so, just decompressing! (Rum helps with that.) :P

You can just stick with me and continue to call it DTD. I refuse to learn new names for anything, just ask MGM : )
I still slip and call it MGM once in a blue moon, but immediately correct myself. It's tough somethings, but being a travel agent, I really do have an obligation to my clients to learn to use the correct and current nomenclature. Can't have them down there driving around looking for their resort "Dixie Landings" to check into, etc. ;)

So glad you found the mushroom before your aunt ate it. Kudos to Landrys for handling the situation so well.
They were stellar, truly! ::yes::

And this is why I avoid it like the plague. In our last six trips, we've been one time and it was way too chaotic for me.
I was shocked! I mean, I probably shouldn't have been, after seeing how crazy crowded the parks were. But really, I expected better on a Monday night in early December! I would seem that my birthday week is no longer the calm serene paradise it once was at WDW. :sad:

I'm sorry I'm late, I'm late (much like the White Rabbit in my favorite Disney movie), but exams got the better of me. Now I'm playing catch up.
I'm just glad you're here! :hug:

You're welcome! :D

HOORAY!!! Keeping busy helps the time go by faster, doesn't it? :thumbsup2

Nahhh, you should still go check it out! Who know, it could be slower when you're there! Even if not, at least you know to expect crowds. I find that knowing that in advance helps me a lot as far as my patience with them! It's when I'm not expecting them that I get a little cranky! >:(

I would still go Liesa, just maybe do the shopping part in the afternoon and have an early dinner. Or visit during the week when it might be less crowded. Billie and I were also there during Christmas season so not only did we have regular shopping crowds but also Christmas shopping crowds. The layout hasn't really changed that much in my opinion. The difference is that if you are driving you have to park out on the West End and walk all the way to the Marketplace. Not sure if that is an issue when taking the bus??
Actually, when you bus in to Disney Springs, it's the exact opposite issue! The only bus stops are at the Marketplace, so if you have dinner plans or show tickets on the West Side, you're gonna be walking for a while! (Though I do think there are Friendship boats that will run you across between the two, also!)

Hey, Billie. Caught your DR update but somehow missed this. Oops! :blush:
It's okay! You just started your PTR and I'm probably already behind on it. I'm forever behind on the threads I follow! :sad2:

Sorry you had a scare with the ECV dying but glad to hear you got it fixed quickly and were able to fix it when it happened later. But is it typical to have so many problems? Sounds like a lot of stress. :headache:
I always have ECV stress! Mo' scooter, mo' problems! :scared: (But I'm grateful they exist because I couldn't do Disney at all without one!)

I love the purse and I'm so happy you got it. I know you've mentioned before that you have trouble finding just the right purse. You deserve it! :thumbsup2
You remembered! Yes, I'm SO PICKY about my everyday bag. Honestly, there's some things about this one I would change if I could, but the adorable Disney-ness of is overrides all that! :cutie:

Hi, Billie! :wave2: I'm glad you let them take it, it's a great photo.
Yeah, they did good, right?! She was such a nice lady, and wouldn't take no for an answer! :laughing:

Jeesus!! :scared1: I couldn't eat anywhere near that thing. :rotfl:
Hahaha. I have no idea why he made me take a picture of it! Fortunately is was BEHIND me, so I didn't have to look at it again! :crazy2:

Ooh! Must look into this for our upcoming trip. :thumbsup2 Thanks for the tip.
Happy to help! Hope you decide to try it!

I love good customer service.
You and me both, girl! I've been in customer service work since I was 14 years old, answering phones at my Dad's sales office. After 21 years of it, I'm very very appreciative of good service! (However, I'm equally as intolerant of BAD service!)

I'm 5'6" and I can't take a bath either. :sad2: I think most tubs are only meant for children.
Right?!?! Who else could possibly relax comfortably in a standard bathtub?! :P

WOW What an amazing TR Billie!! I feel like I was there with you - thank you so much for sharing that joy!!:dogdance:

Following along with your posts makes the long wait until my December 2016 wdw vacay seem a little less torturous :yay:

I wandered over here after reading your PTR for October, and I totally understand the Disney math when it comes to the D&B bags. I bought the same one you did in the Haunted Mansion pattern + the wristlet in the same pattern and have used them daily since acquiring them in January 2015. One warning that I've noticed with the bag (especially since it's dark gray and black) that the bottom corners did 'chip' a bit, showing some white. Hopefully you won't have the same issue and will love the bag.

WOW What an amazing TR Billie!! I feel like I was there with you - thank you so much for sharing that joy!!:dogdance:
Hooray! I am SO very glad that you're enjoying reading my ramblings! :cutie:

Following along with your posts makes the long wait until my December 2016 wdw vacay seem a little less torturous :yay:
Definitely, that's exactly why I love PTRs! You're in good company here, my friend... Hopefully the year flies by for both of us! :goodvibes

I wandered over here after reading your PTR for October, and I totally understand the Disney math when it comes to the D&B bags. I bought the same one you did in the Haunted Mansion pattern + the wristlet in the same pattern and have used them daily since acquiring them in January 2015. One warning that I've noticed with the bag (especially since it's dark gray and black) that the bottom corners did 'chip' a bit, showing some white. Hopefully you won't have the same issue and will love the bag.
Hooray! I'm glad you're here, too! :welcome: As for the bags, I'll definitely look out for the "chipping" that you mention. Thankfully my bag is white, so even if it does happen, hopefully it won't be so noticeable! :scared:

Billie, this was the Star Wars Dooney that I pre-ordered on the cruise. The thing is, I like the bag itself, but I'm still unsure of the design. I like the blue but not the weird squiggly lines. It seems a bit too fantasy vs sci fi. I think I may like the Force Awakens print better! This one is nylon and is a bit bigger than the Force Awakens version which I like though. We'll see. Since the pre-order process is a lottery I am not guaranteed the bag anyways, so I'll just keep the pre-order for now. But I may end up getting the Force Awakens print instead!

Lv9jxaW8ntOwUafsGUp36Y7qFKF3wssQ8bIL-rABu9loM_viyr3v9djKEnmsShyBDssjc4XcHoE_1LWfZjKhnemFCsJ6KHCD2fGj_MZ2F46b2JCbSjzfU2-ngjH3yUZlSgIsEF_sJZqIIHXlYYboDmHe0MfHTykNhdInjw46y0Iu090oePgHLtl67U4wGZx0bfr3dh88PxBpwOkzTcSx3G5WELvEUv7fw_UAB5mt5Q81rW9vDjfPAqiSgrgDG9Qem6vW9o46dW7FjqORK53BPpantRSo29hyFsJKGAn6KtbkPk_M0zLkjlCD7k9rhtvD1aaVWt34v3S94nLKC9tbR5bRIAWtgipMGy-BgfIgAaH3hFUfbrn2EeqNKkWJFFsqXBFwXOexNw1PtXFS0HUSBx7WH0k32mz09r7YMnVGXEe0I-psz89Yn9ovOgKJ09bA5x5USjxlPSXIFmB-OAgO0hdCwwTU362hAYEGB0yvC5e_WQ6tGHSEand_gRInTg_BZjuAq7Z2oPwxndB8_O8ENR0l-UDTQ-CcJ94DmuJDYZu5ZrpgPF6spik9A3CcLhlioWc7Vw=w850-h423-no

Billie, this was the Star Wars Dooney that I pre-ordered on the cruise. The thing is, I like the bag itself, but I'm still unsure of the design. I like the blue but not the weird squiggly lines. It seems a bit too fantasy vs sci fi. I think I may like the Force Awakens print better! This one is nylon and is a bit bigger than the Force Awakens version which I like though. We'll see. Since the pre-order process is a lottery I am not guaranteed the bag anyways, so I'll just keep the pre-order for now. But I may end up getting the Force Awakens print instead!

Lv9jxaW8ntOwUafsGUp36Y7qFKF3wssQ8bIL-rABu9loM_viyr3v9djKEnmsShyBDssjc4XcHoE_1LWfZjKhnemFCsJ6KHCD2fGj_MZ2F46b2JCbSjzfU2-ngjH3yUZlSgIsEF_sJZqIIHXlYYboDmHe0MfHTykNhdInjw46y0Iu090oePgHLtl67U4wGZx0bfr3dh88PxBpwOkzTcSx3G5WELvEUv7fw_UAB5mt5Q81rW9vDjfPAqiSgrgDG9Qem6vW9o46dW7FjqORK53BPpantRSo29hyFsJKGAn6KtbkPk_M0zLkjlCD7k9rhtvD1aaVWt34v3S94nLKC9tbR5bRIAWtgipMGy-BgfIgAaH3hFUfbrn2EeqNKkWJFFsqXBFwXOexNw1PtXFS0HUSBx7WH0k32mz09r7YMnVGXEe0I-psz89Yn9ovOgKJ09bA5x5USjxlPSXIFmB-OAgO0hdCwwTU362hAYEGB0yvC5e_WQ6tGHSEand_gRInTg_BZjuAq7Z2oPwxndB8_O8ENR0l-UDTQ-CcJ94DmuJDYZu5ZrpgPF6spik9A3CcLhlioWc7Vw=w850-h423-no
I love that! The colors are beautiful, I actually like the "squiggly lines" as you put it, and I LOVE That it's bigger than the one I have! I hope you get one! :yoda:

Hooray! I'm glad you're here, too! :welcome: As for the bags, I'll definitely look out for the "chipping" that you mention. Thankfully my bag is white, so even if it does happen, hopefully it won't be so noticeable! :scared:

If you get the chance, register the bag with D&B. I've seen others who have gotten replacements if such chipping does occur.

DAY 5
December 8th, 2015 - Tuesday
Animal Kingdom, and Even MORE AoA!

So this morning I got myself up, and headed down to Landscape of Flavors there at the resort. Originally I the plan was to get me another delicious omelet, but instead I went with a burger. Yes, a burger for breakfast!

20151208_072617-1.jpg

You can find the full food review on my dining report, located HERE!

Once I sat down with my phone and was getting my phone ready to take the above pic, I turned it on and it was in selfie mode and my finger accidentally brushed the shutter...

20151208_074024-1.jpg

I swear to ya'll, the above pic was not on purpose, and it cracks me up every time that I look at it. So now you all know my half-awake face. :rotfl:

To contrast with the above, I decided to snap one more and put on my Disney face...

20151208_074133-1-1.jpg

MUCH better! Now i can get my day started! I finished up and met up with Mark and Debby at the bus stops, where we headed off to our morning destination...

AK_BRDGBTM_7542373450.jpeg

Animal Kingdom!!! :simba: I loves me some Animal Kingdom! This was also the day that Mark and I told Debby we was gonna to make her get in more pics for the rest of the trip, since we hadn't been getting our money our of our Memory Maker purchase! This particular PP photographer also told us to put our lion claws up and ROAR!

AK_BRDGBTM_7542372005.jpeg

Debby was too shy to do it, but clearly Mark and I give zero craps. :cutie:

This happened also...

AK_BRDGBTM_7542373452.jpeg

Bahaha!

Onward, making a beeline for Kilimanjaro Safaris! As the park had just opened, we had a very short wait, and pretty much got right into a ride vehicle. And ya'll know a TR from me wouldn't be completed without too many pics of safari animals!

20151208_091446-1.jpg

20151208_091909-1.jpg

20151208_092511-1.jpg

The rhinos kept following us around...

20151208_092526-1.jpg

20151208_092534-1.jpg

The male lion was actually awake, up, and walking around! Usually that lazy old thing is usually just passed out on a rock! I didn't get a picture, but at one point I looked up from taking pics of rhinos, and one of the females ran up and pounced him and they played for a few minutes!

20151208_092717-1.jpg

Oh look, them stalker rhinos are back again!

20151208_092913-1.jpg

20151208_092840.jpg

Dem lions...

20151208_092938-1.jpg

Stalker rhino hiding in the background...

20151208_093023-1.jpg

20151208_093136-1.jpg

So we had super good rhino exposure and active lions, but the elephants were being shy. Oh well!

After our safari, I needed to make a very important and overdue stop, and so Mark and Debby went and looked around in some shops while I handled this bit of business...

20151208_100453-1-1.jpg

20151208_100523-1.jpg

We did the Pangani Forest Exploration Trail, but I didn't take any photos hardly. But we walked up to the meerkats just in time... when we got there, maybe two or three were sitting around, being super lazy. Meh. But then suddenly those few perked up, and started moving around. Then next thing I knew, little meerkat heads started popping out of the ground all over the place! All at once, now there were about a dozen of them, all running together in a pack, almost like they were tracking or chasing something, but I couldn't figure out what. Then around a corner in the enclosure steps two keepers, carrying the meerkats breakfast! They both sat down in the middle of the enclosure to hand feed them... with CHOPSTICKS!

20151208_103523-1-1.jpg

I took a little video, too!

HOW FREAKIN' CUTE IS THAT?!?!? :cutie:

Further down, apparently the baby gorilla was out and playing too, but I missed it. I had already moved along the trail, but Mark and Debby lingered and saw it!

After communing with Disney Nature, we headed down into "New Harambeland" to catch the Festival of the Lion King! Which despite having awesome front-row seats for, I didn't take one single photo or video! I was too busy thoroughly enjoying myself! I kept glancing over to see if Mark and Debby were having a good time, but their expressions stayed pretty neutral the whole time. :confused3

Well, I was partying it up enough for all three of us! And the part where "Scar" comes out and sings "Be Prepared," Timon ran over to ME and put his arms around my shoulders and acted like he was cowering into me. I hugged him and told him, "Don't worry, I'll protect you!" He nodded, gave me a squeeze, then ran over to Pumbaa and I lost track of him after that. :rotfl: I was just thrilled!

As we were leaving the theater, Mark and Debby kept remarking on how GOOD it was! Turns out that they LOVED it! Talk about some pa-pa-pa-pa-poker faces! :laughing: I was worried for no reason!

hQHZvqCInsRLW.gif

After that we found our way to the new Harambe Market for some lunch, which I totally forgot to photograph, but I did write about it on my Dining Report located HERE!

With happy full bellies, we made our way out of the park, and there was plane up in the sky doing sky writing! I'd never seen sky writing in person before, so I was fascinated!

Back at the resort, the sun was still shining. So before heading back to my room, I decided to get my photos of the Finding Nemo section!

20151208_125723-1.jpg

20151208_125914.jpg

20151208_125900-1.jpg

20151207_155331-1.jpg

20151207_155200-1.jpg

20151207_155145-1.jpg

20151207_155258-1.jpg

Mark and Debby were already back in their room, and I headed to mine where I can only assume that I probably took a nap. Mmm. Nappin'.

lnzWSp9YuPugw.gif

Up Next: Return to Hollywood Studios!

Last edited:
DAY 5
December 8th, 2015 - Tuesday
Hollywood Studios!

After relaxing at the resort for a while, we were headed back for the night. Destination: Hollywood Studios! This time with FastPasses at the ready! We bee-lined it over to my favorite, and met up with a Photopass photographer who was loads of fun!

STUDIO_SUNSET2_7542862748.jpeg

STUDIO_SUNSET2_7542864248.jpeg

STUDIO_SUNSET2_7542863525.jpeg

Then Debby found her a place to chill while Mark and I went and rode a couple things. First up, we were off to get our backstage passes!

STUDIO_ROCKNRCOASTERRIDE_7542875075.jpeg

Mark looks like he's sleeping! :rotfl: He was actually hollering and having a BLAST... basically the total opposite of this photo! The camera just got him mid-blink!

Then we checked in for our stay on the 13th floor...

STUDIO_TOWEROFTERRORARIDE_7542895047.jpeg

Mark LOVED this one. (I can't say I blame him, ToT is my favorite in HS, too!) It's just too bad we were behind some hand-raisers, so his face is obscured... :sad2: But if you look closely, you can see that he's having a GREAT time!

After this we made our way across the park for our final FP, Star Tours! For the first time ever, I actually caught some of the little Darth Vader show thingy happening just outside, so I was happy to hang out and watch that for a bit. Also very close to Star Tours, I spotted a Face Painting kiosk (not in it's usual place), so I stopped in for a touch up. My nap had smeared my holly just a bit!

We took our intergalactic journey (and we got the scene featuring the new film, YAY), then made our way back towards the front-ish of the park for our dinner ADR. We were a bit early, so we stopped for some more PP photos!

STUDIO_HBTAILOR_7542929700.jpeg

STUDIO_HBTAILOR_7542928647.jpeg

STUDIO_HBTAILOR_7542927907.jpeg

STUDIO_HBTAILOR_7542927908.jpeg

The photographer was a young blonde kid named Troy. After he took his pics, I handed him my phone and asked him to take one so that I could go ahead and put it on Facebook to update our family on our adventures. Much like that morning, I guess when I handed him the camera, it was in Selfie mode, and he turned it on and was like "AHH!" and then just seemed really confused and freaked out (in a funny way), and we laughed about it. He snapped the pic for me, and off we went!

We were still a bit early, so we got to Hollywood & Vine and found plenty of available bench space, so we just grabbed a spot to sit and let Mark and Debby rest their tootsies for a while as we waited to be called. I took out my phone so I could post the photo we'd just taken to FB, and suddenly erupted into fits of laughter. Like, nearly-in-tears-laughter. Mark and Debby thought I'd finally lost it, I think, but I couldn't breath, so I just handed them the phone so they could see. Then they were laughing just as hard. Why?

20151208_170356-1.jpg

I'm dying all over again trying to put this picture into this report. :rotfl2: Oh, Troy. You rascal.

Finally our names were called and we were led into Minnie's Holiday Dining experience, and immediately met this goofy guy!

STUDIO_DINEPMCHAR_7542966359.jpeg

Nobody was waiting immediately behind us at that moment, so Goofy took a little extra time and played with us a bit. It was AWESOME.

We were seated not to far from this area so we could watch Goofy interacting with other with other people. In between visitors to our table, we ran and filled our plates from the buffet...

20151208_181646-1.jpg

As usual, the full food write-up and pics are over on my Dining Report HERE!

Oh, you want to see photos of the afore-mentioned table visitors? Of course you do!

20151208_181057-1.jpg

20151208_180751-1.jpg

20151208_180803-1.jpg

20151208_180159-1.jpg

20151208_180148-1.jpg

20151208_181156-1.jpg

20151208_181218-1.jpg

Seriously, ya'll... SO. MUCH. FUN!!! :hyper:

I had booked this as part of the Fantasmic Dining Package, so after dinner we headed to the Hollywood Hills theater and were lead to our seats. The show started, and I tried to grab some pics, but my shots of this show NEVER turn out well! Here's the best of my attempts...

20151208_192147-1.jpg

20151208_192438-1.jpg

After the show, Mark and Debby were ready to call it a night. I had two things in mind that I still wanted to do, so we said good night, they headed towards the bus stops, and I headed to the Dark Side. That's right, my destination was the Star Wars Launch Bay!

I got there, and the character meets were my #1 priority, and I had just enough time to do one, maybe both of them. Chewbacca had a 5 minute wait, and Darth Vader a 20 minute wait, so I made the obvious choice: :darth: The funny thing was the closer I got, the more NERVOUS I got! See?

20151208_194621-1.jpg

Yep. Queue selfie!

Finally it was my turn. DUDE. It was intimidating as %&$#!!! Even the handler and the photographer and every CM in there were sooo in-character. Very somber and serious. Like, I felt like I wasn't allowed to smile! As you can probably tell, I was kinda trying not to...

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR1_7543134582.jpeg

20151208_195353-1.jpg

20151208_195340-1.jpg

STUDIO_LBDRKSDECHAR1_7543135589.jpeg

So then I pretty much BOLTED out of the room. I learned that apparently I'm way too much of a delicate flower for the Dark Side! :rotfl:

I zipped over to the entrance for Chewbacca's line and asked if I had time, and the CM said "Sure!" and let me in. Score! :chewy:

He was funny. When I walked up to him, he just silently loomed, leaning forward and staring down at me. I don't know if he was confused by my face paint, or what. :confused3

20151208_200154-1.jpg

STUDIO_LBLGHTSDECHAR2_7543140355.jpeg

After my furry meet & greet, I wanted to linger and look at some of the exhibits, but I was concerned about time, so I made my way to the exit. However, along the way, I did bump into a wandering Jawa...

20151208_200422-1.jpg

When I got to the doors, the courtyard in front of me was completely clear, so I went wide open on the ECV and flew down the ramp and was on my way. The BEST part was that as I passed through the door, behind me I heard the CM standing there say: "Hey, look! A land speeder!" :rotfl: It was pretty amazeballs.

And where was I headed in such a big dang hurry, you might ask? Well... It was my last opportunity to catch once final glimpse, so I had to take it...

20151208_201409.jpg

Yep. I was determined to squeeze in just a little more Osborne lights time before the park closed on me!

20151208_201708.jpg

Yes, that was the massive crowd still there at 5 mins until park closing... :scared: So so so crazy!

20151208_201524.jpg

But I was a happy girl, none-the-less.

20151208_202205-1.jpg

Once I had made up for lost time, and had my fill, I decided to go ahead and start slowly making my way out of the park and to the bus stops. Along the way, I did snap a photo of the Hollywood Studios Christmas tree, just outside their turnstiles...

20151208_203122-1.jpg

And then it was back to AoA and nursing my half-dead little scooter along back to my room, and I was very much ready for a shower and bed. I super very happy with the way the day had went, but tomorrow was going to be a long one, so it was totally ni-ni time for Billie!

Up Next: Magic Kingdom!

Last edited:
Finally caught up with your adventures! We stayed at AoA at Christmas a few years ago and I love seeing your pictures and remembering our trip.

Awesome face paint! Our very own Miss Merry Christmas in the princess club, .

one of the females ran up and pounced him and they played for a few minutes!

That is so awesome...gotta love animals!

They both sat down in the middle of the enclosure to hand feed them... with CHOPSTICKS!

I can't imagine how awesome that would be to see...how lucky!!

I had booked this as part of the Fantasmic Dining Package,

This is something I would love to do....I guess that requires an actual trip booked more than 6 months prior lol

I felt like I wasn't allowed to smile! As you can probably tell, I was kinda trying not to...

So funny...I love that picture of you with Darth...so cool...

The male lion was actually awake, up, and walking around! Usually that lazy old thing is usually just passed out on a rock! I didn't get a picture, but at one point I looked up from taking pics of rhinos, and one of the females ran up and pounced him and they played for a few minutes!

You had great luck on your safari! Great photos of the cats up and about.

Then around a corner in the enclosure steps two keepers, carrying the meerkats breakfast! They both sat down in the middle of the enclosure to hand feed them... with CHOPSTICKS!

I wish I had that job!

As we were leaving the theater, Mark and Debby kept remarking on how GOOD it was! Turns out that they LOVED it! Talk about some pa-pa-pa-pa-poker faces! :laughing: I was worried for no reason!

:laughing: That's like me. I have quite the resting ***** face so people always think I'm mad when I'm not.

We bee-lined it over to my favorite, and met up with a Photopass photographer who was loads of fun!

You got some amazing photos that day! :thumbsup2
I'm dying all over again trying to put this picture into this report. :rotfl2: Oh, Troy. You rascal.

Oh, no! He must have been mortified when he realized he'd taken a selfie on your phone. :rotfl:

I love their holiday outfits. Great pictures!

After my furry meet & greet, I wanted to linger and look at some of the exhibits, but I was concerned about time, so I made my way to the exit. However, along the way, I did bump into a wandering Jawa...

Great to see these meets. I can't wait to take the boys!

Thanks for the updates. :goodvibes

Love it!

After communing with Disney Nature, we headed down into "New Harambeland" to catch the Festival of the Lion King! Which despite having awesome front-row seats for, I didn't take one single photo or video! I was too busy thoroughly enjoying myself! I kept glancing over to see if Mark and Debby were having a good time, but their expressions stayed pretty neutral the whole time. :confused3

Well, I was partying it up enough for all three of us! And the part where "Scar" comes out and sings "Be Prepared," Timon ran over to ME and put his arms around my shoulders and acted like he was cowering into me. I hugged him and told him, "Don't worry, I'll protect you!" He nodded, gave me a squeeze, then ran over to Pumbaa and I lost track of him after that. :rotfl: I was just thrilled!

I love the interaction at FOTLK (and the tumble monkeys!) - and glad you got to hug Timon.

The photographer was a young blonde kid named Troy. After he took his pics, I handed him my phone and asked him to take one so that I could go ahead and put it on Facebook to update our family on our adventures. Much like that morning, I guess when I handed him the camera, it was in Selfie mode, and he turned it on and was like "AHH!" and then just seemed really confused and freaked out (in a funny way), and we laughed about it. He snapped the pic for me, and off we went!

We were still a bit early, so we got to Hollywood & Vine and found plenty of available bench space, so we just grabbed a spot to sit and let Mark and Debby rest their tootsies for a while as we waited to be called. I took out my phone so I could post the photo we'd just taken to FB, and suddenly erupted into fits of laughter. Like, nearly-in-tears-laughter. Mark and Debby thought I'd finally lost it, I think, but I couldn't breath, so I just handed them the phone so they could see. Then they were laughing just as hard. Why?

20151208_170356-1.jpg

Best. Thing. Ever. :laughing:
20151208_181218-1.jpg

I've only heard bad things about H&V so happy to see you guy enjoyed it.

This particular PP photographer also told us to put our lion claws up and ROAR!
This is the first picture I've seen with Mark smiling. It's a cute one, too.

Debby was too shy to do it, but clearly Mark and I give zero craps.
Clearly ;)

All at once, now there were about a dozen of them, all running together in a pack, almost like they were tracking or chasing something, but I couldn't figure out what. Then around a corner in the enclosure steps two keepers, carrying the meerkats breakfast! They both sat down in the middle of the enclosure to hand feed them... with CHOPSTICKS!
How cute! That was good timing.

I kept glancing over to see if Mark and Debby were having a good time, but their expressions stayed pretty neutral the whole time.
They looked like this a lot.

That sounds like it was really fun.

I'm glad they enjoyed the trip. They deeded to smile more, though.

Mark LOVED this one.
I like this one, too. :)

Yes, that was the massive crowd still there at 5 mins until park closing... :scared: So so so crazy!
Those are big crowds. I'm glad you got to see the light again, though.

After our safari, I needed to make a very important and overdue stop, and so Mark and Debby went and looked around in some shops while I handled this bit of business...

20151208_100453-1-1.jpg

There it is!!

Then around a corner in the enclosure steps two keepers, carrying the meerkats breakfast! They both sat down in the middle of the enclosure to hand feed them... with CHOPSTICKS!

GREAT timing! The video is so cute. Thanks for sharing

Timon ran over to ME and put his arms around my shoulders and acted like he was cowering into me. I hugged him and told him, "Don't worry, I'll protect you!" He nodded, gave me a squeeze, then ran over to Pumbaa and I lost track of him after that. :rotfl: I was just thrilled!

First being chosen at Olivander's and now this??!!!
You lucky gal. Priceless and absolutely adorbs

This particular PP photographer also told us to put our lion claws up and ROAR!

AK_BRDGBTM_7542372005.jpeg

Love this pic. Actually all the pics from this day look amazing.

And where was I headed in such a big dang hurry, you might ask? Well... It was my last opportunity to catch once final glimpse, so I had to take it...

So glad you got to see those lights after all

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter