Gluten free treats......

Kimbo71

Mouseketeer
What were your favorites on DCL? Last time DH & I went, I hadn't been diagnosed w/ celiac yet, but this time, I will be on the prowl for some YUMMY GF food! :coffee:

I'm gluten free too and if you tell DCL before you arrive they will have things you can eat too. Disney caters to gluten free which is nice

Dole whips. Wine.. Mickey Bars life is good

On the wonder I had my own chef who made me great and wonderful things. On the Dream, I have a head server that watches out for me..

My reservation does say GF on it, but I have heard that there are more options than just what you order at meal times. Like maybe I could get a GF pizza on the pool deck? Are these rumors true?

Kimbo71 said:
My reservation does say GF on it, but I have heard that there are more options than just what you order at meal times. Like maybe I could get a GF pizza on the pool deck? Are these rumors true?

I believe that you can if they know ahead of time. I have been told that Disney can make anything on the menu gluten free. I am really hoping this is true

You can get pizza, doughnuts, muffins, cookies, waffles, pancakes, fried chicken tenders, and other things I am probably forgetting. All you need to do is ask and they should be able to point you where to get each it as it varies by ship I believe.

Cgolf

Hubby got gluten free pizza every night on the Dream at the pizzeria on the pool deck. He is looking forward to the same when we take the Fantasy this year.

you could on the Fantasy - they just need a few minutes to prepare it. But, sadly, it wasn't that great. BUT, the GF chicken fingers were AWESOME!

GF dinners are good, but the GF bread is not that great. EXCEPT when I ate at Remy, then they took the SAME GF bread, and sliced it and toasted it and it was so good!!

So good to hear there are so many gf options! I was worried about "snacks" outside of the MDRs. But I figured worst case I'd have ane excuse to just fill up on ice cream all the time! :rotfl:

you could on the Fantasy - they just need a few minutes to prepare it. But, sadly, it wasn't that great. BUT, the GF chicken fingers were AWESOME!

GF dinners are good, but the GF bread is not that great. EXCEPT when I ate at Remy, then they took the SAME GF bread, and sliced it and toasted it and it was so good!!

GF Chicken Fingers! Yumm-o!

Maybe I could see about having that bread toasted in the MDR's.....

I also heard a rumor somewhere about GF Crab cakes?!? Anyone hear of such a thing?

I am sailing on the Dream in a few weeks, I will post my findings. My DD would love some GF crab cakes! Oh, it looks like you are cruising around the same time that I am - any information I get probably won't help you much :(

I am sailing on the Dream in a few weeks, I will post my findings. My DD would love some GF crab cakes! Oh, it looks like you are cruising around the same time that I am - any information I get probably won't help you much :(

Yeah-we're going the middle of next month.....

It looks like you cruise on the 15th of February, we cruise on the 17th. We sailed on the Dream once, gluten free, 2 years ago (my daughter and are are GF). The service was great. We were happy with everything we were served in the main dining rooms, but we didn't ask about pizza and such things by the pool, I have read that they can accomodate GF there and we are very excited about that. I think that if you ask for something they can do it for you. We preordered all of our meals last time which worked out great. When we ordered, they asked what we liked and what we wanted, not necessarily something close to what was on the menu. So, I feel like if I can think of something yummy and GF that I want, they will do their best to make it for us!

Have a great cruise and I hope you get some super yummy food!

It looks like you cruise on the 15th of February, we cruise on the 17th. We sailed on the Dream once, gluten free, 2 years ago (my daughter and are are GF). The service was great. We were happy with everything we were served in the main dining rooms, but we didn't ask about pizza and such things by the pool, I have read that they can accomodate GF there and we are very excited about that. I think that if you ask for something they can do it for you. We preordered all of our meals last time which worked out great. When we ordered, they asked what we liked and what we wanted, not necessarily something close to what was on the menu. So, I feel like if I can think of something yummy and GF that I want, they will do their best to make it for us!

Have a great cruise and I hope you get some super yummy food!

Thanks for the info! Like I said, we've cruised w/ DCL before, but never w/ a celiac diagnosis! :)

123Dis4Me said:

Please still post because I'm gluten free too and would love an update

My daughter and I both have celiac disease and we would appreciate any updates. I'm wondering about room service. It looks likes most of the breakfast and snack options would have gluten. Any gluten free chocolate chips for room service? Thanks a bunch!

We sailed on the Dream, and they made me GF crab cakes on pirate night. I thought they were very good, but my husband didn't think they were great (because he was enjoying his gluten-filled version). They did not have a crust of any kind on them, and they were larger than my husband's version--I wondered if they needed more meat to help hold them together. I really enjoyed it.

They can't do everything gluten free, but they will do their best. Our first night at dinner was slow because of the accommodations, but from then on, I was given the menu for the next night and asked for my order. For nights 2-4, they had my meal ready quickly because they knew what I wanted ahead of time.

It was very good!

We sailed on the Dream, and they made me GF crab cakes on pirate night. I thought they were very good, but my husband didn't think they were great (because he was enjoying his gluten-filled version). They did not have a crust of any kind on them, and they were larger than my husband's version--I wondered if they needed more meat to help hold them together. I really enjoyed it.

They can't do everything gluten free, but they will do their best. Our first night at dinner was slow because of the accommodations, but from then on, I was given the menu for the next night and asked for my order. For nights 2-4, they had my meal ready quickly because they knew what I wanted ahead of time.

It was very good!

Yummy! Can't wait!

Yes, any info on gluten free would be appreciated! My daughter and I are both celiac and this is our first cruise. I'm feeling anxious about having enough to eat when we are hungry. Room service? Was it an option? What about snacks in the kids club? What about castaway cay? Did you take a lot of gf snacks on board?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter