Gluten free treats......

For room service, we only ordered the sail away cheese platter. It had cheese, some fruit, and glutenous crackers - but they were prepackaged so we didn't mind. I brought gf protein/snack bars just in case. We really only used these in Nassau when we went to Atlantis. As for Castaway Cay, we preordered our meal with our head server. He gave us a time to meet him at Cookies. He brought out so much food for us it was unbelievable! So, there were no troubles there!

I don't know anything about the kids club. I have heard more recently that you can get GF pizza on deck which will be awesome! We never asked about this on our last cruise, but we will this time. I believe that the ice cream on deck was all gluten free so that was always a snack option.

You can definitely order gf pizza by the pool. Also, ask your servers or head server about gf cookies. They gave us several gf chocolate chip cookie packages that we could then carry with us on excursions, Castaway Cay, and have in the room. For the kids' clubs they cannot do the cooking activities.

You can definitely order gf pizza by the pool. Also, ask your servers or head server about gf cookies. They gave us several gf chocolate chip cookie packages that we could then carry with us on excursions, Castaway Cay, and have in the room. For the kids' clubs they cannot do the cooking activities.

That is great! Thanks.

For room service, we only ordered the sail away cheese platter. It had cheese, some fruit, and glutenous crackers - but they were prepackaged so we didn't mind. I brought gf protein/snack bars just in case. We really only used these in Nassau when we went to Atlantis. As for Castaway Cay, we preordered our meal with our head server. He gave us a time to meet him at Cookies. He brought out so much food for us it was unbelievable! So, there were no troubles there!

I don't know anything about the kids club. I have heard more recently that you can get GF pizza on deck which will be awesome! We never asked about this on our last cruise, but we will this time. I believe that the ice cream on deck was all gluten free so that was always a snack option.

Great! Thanks for all the info. :banana:

When you get on board the first day. Go to the restaurant serving the buffet. Ask to preorder your meal for the first nights dinner. They will give you the menu and you can preorder your GF dinner for the first night. This will allow you to eat safetly the first night and not hold up your meal. After that they bring you the menu for the next night every night as you are finishing so you can preorder then.

When you get on board the first day. Go to the restaurant serving the buffet. Ask to preorder your meal for the first nights dinner. They will give you the menu and you can preorder your GF dinner for the first night. This will allow you to eat safetly the first night and not hold up your meal. After that they bring you the menu for the next night every night as you are finishing so you can preorder then.

In our case, would that be Parrot Cay, since we're on the Magic?

When we got on the Dream we went to the Enchanted Garden for lunch after boarding. This is where we did our preordering for the first night's dinner.

We can't wait! Have you talked to reservations about your diet? Our travel agent flagged us, but I still want to call and speak to somebody. My DS is 10 and GF and steak tips are his favorite food while I am GF and mostly vegetarian; we generally don't like the same foods. Glad to know there will be other people on the ship following the GF diet!

We can't wait! Have you talked to reservations about your diet? Our travel agent flagged us, but I still want to call and speak to somebody. My DS is 10 and GF and steak tips are his favorite food while I am GF and mostly vegetarian; we generally don't like the same foods. Glad to know there will be other people on the ship following the GF diet!

Which cruise?

Are you on our cruise?

Any requests for things on the menu that weren't GF that they were able to fix up GF for you? There are so many yummy-sounding things that I would love to try, but usually can't due to them not being GF.

Kimbo--It looks like you are back from your cruise. Can you report on the foods you liked? Did you eat at Palo?

When we were on the Fantasy in Nov, they has a gluten free chocolate chip cookie called "OMG its Gluten Free".

We got it for my girls because while they don't have a gluten issue, they have a nut issue and the cookies were also nut free. The crew was not sure if the regular cookies were safe.

These cookies were INCREDIBLE. They were so much better than the regular cookies. They came individually wrapped. I will be stockpiling them as soon as we get on board, hopefully we will take a bunch home.

Joe

The chef at AP on the Magic made my son a wonderful Dairy-free/ GF chocolate raspberry lava cake last summer!

The rolls in the dining room were horrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Maybe they would be better if toasted/heated?

When we were on the Fantasy in Nov, they has a gluten free chocolate chip cookie called "OMG its Gluten Free".

We got it for my girls because while they don't have a gluten issue, they have a nut issue and the cookies were also nut free. The crew was not sure if the regular cookies were safe.

These cookies were INCREDIBLE. They were so much better than the regular cookies. They came individually wrapped. I will be stockpiling them as soon as we get on board, hopefully we will take a bunch home.

Joe

This is where you can buy them, instead of stockpiling them while you are on the ship. I wonder if that's what happened last June when they ran out of them on the Fantasy after a few days. So sad for my GF DS15 (14 at the time).

http://omgitsglutenfree.com/shop/12-dairy-free-chocolate-chip-cookies/

Looking forward to more updates. We are cruising on the Wonder in September. We are doing the PC cruise. DD 10 has celiac disease. This will be our first cruise since her diagnosis.

DS sailed GF on the Magic in April. No problem getting him GF burgers pizza fries etc delivered to the club for lunch so long as we preorder the night before.
He loved the GF donuts at breakfast.

Man. I had no idea I could get GF cookies and pizza. I sucked it up and suffered for a few days, but it makes me appreciate Disney even more!

More for my Next Time list...

Joe

I haven't had those, but if there is a Trader Joe's near you, they have an AMAZING GF chocolate chip cookie. Sooooooo good!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter