Give a memory of your mom

low-key

14001, 60056, 224
she would point out my foughts to me 24/7, but God have mercy on anyone of your souls if you said a bad word about me :love:

My mom chased down some high school thugs in her car who she saw beat me up when I was a grade six crossing guard. She was the best mom! :love:

I wish she would have been more of a slob. She made me real anal about cleaning :rolleyes:

My mom is still around, but my favorite memory of her is when I was in college and she and her BFF took me out to dinner. It took a while to get into her tiny Honda, as the BFF had her arm in a sling, I was on crutches, and Mom had done...something, I don't even remember what. Maybe bumped her head? Anyway, we finally all got in and settled, and she says brightly:

"The three of us make a great pair!"

She had a way of rubbing your arm with her fingertips that made you feel so relaxed and loved.

My main memories of her include lots of laughter, because she was hysterically funny. We just laughed so much. She could tell a story like nobody else.

my mom died too young and has been gone for 25 years but I will always remember how she always made everyone who came to the house feel welcome

She would also always listen to me she may not have been able to help or do anything but she would listen. When I am having a rough time in life I go to the cemetary and talk to her she can't do anything but she listens

Miss you and love you mom

My mom is still with me, but I'll play. When I was 17 we went to England for 2 weeks. We went to Stonehenge. I have no idea what we were expecting, but we both busted up laughing at the exact same time. It was the most bizarre thing we have ever seen. We still laugh about it. I don't think the other tourist were happy with us.

I honestly do not have ONE good memory with my bio-mother, but for all intents and purposes my step-mother has been my mom since I was about 10, so I will share a memory that includes both her AND Disney!

My relationship with my biological mother was always rough. After a particularly traumatizing visit(not willing to share the details here) I was very upset and kind of fell into a depression. My stepmother woke me up for school one Friday and on the drive she just kept on driving past it. WHAT?!?! We went to Disney for the weekend. We lived in the Tampa area so going overnight didn't happen often so it was pretty special. I asked her why and she just said she thought I needed it.

The best thing about her that I didn't realize until I was an adult was that things like this and random shopping trips were never about the parks or shopping. It was how he got me to open up and talk to her without me even realizing it. We talked in the car to these places, on line... I think we did most of our major communicating this way. I will forever love her for this. She was never intrusive, never pried, but she could get me to talk about my feelings and offer advice and support before I even knew what happened!

What an angel your stepmom was to you, Soldier's Sweetie. :littleangel:

Big lump in my throat reading all these stories.

Does anyone remember the Hilltop Restaurant in Saugus, MA? The enormous steakhouse/maze of rooms with the iconic cactus and fake cows that MIT students loved to out up on top of buildings and stuff? :lmao: ) Well one year my brother and I took our mother there for Mother's Day. Mom was all dressed up, in heels, and had a couple of highballs. Well she went to the bathroom and never returned to the table. We initiated a search which involved paging her and going room to room, etc. We couldn't imagine what happened to her, but after nearly an hour we were getting really worried. I'm not sure who thought of it but I eventually went out to the parking lot where our car was parked way down back, and there she was - sitting on the car, swinging her legs, going, "Where have you been?" :eek: not realizing the trouble she'd caused, lol.

I am fortunate that at 89, she is still with us. This week at work I opened my lunch bag and found three big strawberries with the tops neatly trimmed and a small piece of strawberry cake that she'd given to me. She's pretty cute. :lovestruc

My 76 yr old mom is still with us and hopefully will be for many more years! She is a world traveler and takes her grandkids on trips with her, although she has slowed down her travels recently. She rode a slide down the Great Wall of China a few years ago with my DS whooping and woo-hooing all the way down! She rides zip lines in Costa Rica and stays at hostels around the world often hanging out with college kids.

I see photos of her on Facebook that people tag her in during her travels and think, " Who are these young people mom is dancing with?" One funny Facebook post that a couple she met at a hostel posted after hanging out at a bar with her sums up my mom. This is from the person's Facebook post that tagged my mom:

Me (meaning the Facebook poster): You look a little tired, L. Do you want us to walk you back to the hostel so you can rest?
L: "I'll rest when I'm dead." :rotfl2:

My mom secretly worked with my ex-husband to kidnap my son when I was in the hospital having brain surgery. Luckily, they were stopped before they crossed state lines. She also left one of her distance cousins a large chunk of money through a life insurance policy, so he could sue my husband and I for custody of my then teenaged son, after her death. She was a complete wackadoodle, and we had a weird relationship, AND my life is so much better with her dead, but I still miss the old broad! She carried a lot of baggage from her childhood that really haunted her in her adult years.

Without going into details, my childhood was less than idyllic and mom played a big part in that. But we were still close. She died at 53 of cirrhosis, after having had a stroke and many other health issues. Of course, she knew her time was limited and did try to make amends for many things, which I appreciated and accepted. But the line that has stuck with me even though she's been gone almost 17 years now was when she looked at me and said. "I never meant for it to be this way. But you're the best thing I ever did. You're the one thing in my life I'm proud of." That meant all the world to me....and still does.

My mom is still alive, but my favorite memory of her was when she sat by my hospital bed and sang to me when I was six years old. It was so comforting. The funniest memory was when I was a teen. My mother never laid a hand on me. She didn't believe in spanking. We were having an argument when I was a teenager. I can't even remember what it was about. She grabbed a brush and tried to swat me with it. I looked at her. She looked at me. Then we both started laughing so hard. It was so random and very funny.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter