• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Give 2012 a grade...

How would you grade 2012 for you personally?

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
Gave this year a C. There have definitely been some bad moments/events but some good as well. The worst of this year was losing my aunt and also closing my business.

Best year so far...Hmmm...Probably '08 or '09?

2012 was an A for me! My oldest child started kindergarten which was hard, but he loves it! My family and I were able to go on a wonderful trip to WDW, a cruise, and my in-laws' ranch. And my end of the year surprise, another baby! I had been planning on going to college next fall, but God had other plans!
The best year of my life was 2007 because I got married and I had my first child. 2003 is a close second because that is the year I met my wonderful husband.
However, I'm looking forward to meeting my new little one next year and making more memories with my family :)

C+

Not great, one of my kitties died, I didn't (and won't) be going to WDW... but not horrible either.

2011 was the worst, then 2004.

1998 and 1999 were the best.

I'm thinking 2013 is going to be amazing!

I'm going with a B+ no one died (not many left to die), no job losses, went to a few concerts, made some new friends on and off line.. did some other stuff I can't talk about lol it was an good year, not much to complain about. Best year so far 2005, worst year? too many to chose from but I'd probably have to go with 2000, got pregnant(very very unplanned), had a baby with major problems not too much happiness that year..

I gave it an A.
No bad news within our family, and no deaths.
I ran my first mini-marathon.
I went back to school and am thriving on it. (I could be a full time student if someone would pay me to do it. :lmao:)
The kids are also doing well in school.
Our jobs are as secure as they can be.
DH got a nice raise.
DD's medical issue seems to be resolving after two long years.
AND, we're booked for another trip next year, our first in three years! Woo Hoo!! :banana:

It's hard to pick a best year, but I think I'd have to go with 2005. Life was good, work was going well, we had just bought our current (dream) home, the kids were both in school and doing fine, and we took our first real vacation as a family (ten days in Disney) and it really was magical.

Up until Tuesday morning I would say A+++. Another mass firing at work Tuesday and I was let go. It was actually almost a relief -- have been worried / expecting this for last ten years and am grateful I survived this long. I've worked at the same job for over 16 years and during that time the company has been sold at least 6 times. For the last ten years or so there have been mass "restructures" several times a year. I'm receiving a fairly generous severance package but seriously doubt I'll find a new job with anything near a fraction of the same salary or benefits. Still this happened at the end of the year so I'll give a B.

Hmm...I'm going to say B-/C+ overall. It's been a tough year financially (yes, I know there is a Disney ticker in my signature...not booked yet so plans can change if needed).

The good: Our third daughter was born in February. She was a surprise, but a good surprise, and added the finishing touch to our family. She's a great baby, and a total sweetheart. Other good things - we celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in June with a long, kid-free weekend at Disney. Also, our kids are having a great year in school, and are busy with activities they enjoy, especially theater. Everyone in our family is healthy.

The mediocre: Our baby was diagnosed with a heart defect the day she was born. A very minor one, a VSD for those who know heart issues, but still scary to hear the words "heart defect" when it comes to your newborn. Good news is one of the holes seems to have already closed, and the other is very small. She's doing just fine. Our middle daughter was also tested because she has a heart murmur as well, and her test turned out fine.

The bad: It's just been a trying year financially. Our tax refund was to be used to pay off the bills from our daughters birth, but then we had some large car repairs come up, our water heater went out so things were really tight, and continue to be. This is the most challenging year I've had trying to pull off Christmas gifts. My hours were cut at work, but I managed to pick up a casual position at a different office in our system to just about make up what I lost. My husband and I both work in healthcare (me in Marketing, him as an O.R. tech) and are just kind of worried about what Obamacare may mean for our jobs. Just a lot of uncertainty right now.

Hoping things stabilize in 2013, we all stay healthy, we can get some debt paid down, and still have enough for a "budget" trip to WDW in late summer.

2008 was definitely my "F" year. My step-dad and my grandfather (my poor mom's husband and father) both passed away of pancreatic cancer. I REALLY thought I was going to lose my job. I managed to survive, but the stress that brought was awful.

1999 was one of the best. It was just a fun time...you know, in college, carefree, going to a lot of concerts and fun things, but still being supported by mom and dad. That was the year my husband and I started dating too.

Wishing you all happy holidays and a great 2013!

For us, 2012 has been an "A" year. No one in our immediate family has died, everyone is healthy so it's an "A" for those things alone!!

We also were able to take a nice cruise/vacation last January, spent a lot of time at our place up north, went to 3 NASCAR races (2 in Michigan, and a week-long trip to West Virginia/Tennessee to see the Bristol race), our farm crops were great and the prices are higher than they've ever been before, we have a roof over our heads and food on the table, can't get much better than that. :)

I gave 2012 a C.

There were some VERY strong points, like 2 vacations (including my 1st WDW trip) and the first complete Jan-Dec year with my DBF but there have been some very bad financial setbacks since the end of summer and Christmas, my absolute favorite holiday, isn't feeling quite as magical. Also my mom is going through some moderate medical issues, so there's underlying worry there.

Hard for me to think of a best year further back than 2011 (meeting DBF, lol) but I think 1993 was definitely the best year of my childhood. :goodvibes

Lets see in the past 6 months, my daughter had a shunt failure which lead to a staph infection and 2 weeks in the hospital with the shunt removed, then the shunt was replaced and it failed again, fixed she broke her femur, then she needed spinal fusion, then after all that I was diagnosed with breast cancer, did a double mastectomy...ended up with cancer in both breasts--am doing chemo now...could have been much worse but still have to do 4 treatments of chemo...Oh and we tried selling our house during these 6 months...didn't sell which I guess was actually a blessing in disguise..OH and we found out that as of the first of 2013 our insurance is changing and our hospital doesn't take the new insurance so we are trying to stay there...but really just need this year over!

Definitely a D. Still worried about layoffs - they keep saying the economy is better but we don't see it. We had more layoffs a week ago & they're not done yet. I was switched to a different position at work and the job is stressful. Oldest DS completed grad school & still can't find a full time position. DD has a full time job but they've eliminated the positions above her grade level so future job potential is not likely at her company. My youngest DS is applying to colleges & I'm in shock at how much tuition has increased over the past few years. Hoping 2013 brings everyone health and happiness.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter