Give 2012 a grade...

How would you grade 2012 for you personally?

• A

• B

• C

• D

• F

Results are only viewable after voting.
I gave my year an F, my husbands grams passed away at 93. And then my husband was killed in Oct in a motorcycle accident, he was 42. Positive....I have 2 amazing kids ..

Oh I am so sorry. :hug:

I gave this year a C. It seems to have had more ups and downs than a usual year.

We had some bad things happen -- I lost my job, our dog died of cancer, we had to cancel a vacation (because of the dog), we got in a fender-bender, son is having a difficult adjustment to middle school (normal growing-up stuff, but I hate to see him suffer). But things could have been worse and we had some good things happen, too. I found another job quickly (not quite as good as the previous job, but I feel lucky to have it). We had a great family vacation (we had two planned for the year and we were able to take the first one). All in all, good and bad sort of averaged out, but I am hoping that 2013 is more calm and even-keeled!

My best year was probably 2001, when we adopted our son. <3 (Adopting our daughter was pretty great too, but there is something wonderful about becoming a parent for the first time.)

I gave my year an F, my husbands grams passed away at 93. And then my husband was killed in Oct in a motorcycle accident, he was 42. Positive....I have 2 amazing kids ..

My dh was 42 too. :hug::hug: It will be 7 years next week. Uggh.

So sorry to hear. :(

I am so very sorry to hear. Best wishes for 2013.

I gave the year a C. I lost my full-time job in July and have been unable to find another one. I was laid off just 2 weeks after a wonderful trip to Disney World with my DH and our 2 granddaughters (12 & 14). Also, even though I was laid off, our Disney cruise was already paid for, so we went with our daughter who recently graduated from college. Except for the hurricane, which we bumped into, it was a great cruise.

The end is coming to a close, and I took a Part Time job to get out of the house. My 91 year old father in law was admitted to the hospital on Monday - still waiting to see what is going on. So yes there were ups and downs, but overall, it wasn't too bad. I just hope that I find a Full Time job soon.

I would have to say A- to B+.

Bottom line...We're all together, we're healthy (after a couple of health scares/surgery), and we have jobs with health insurance. That's all that matters.

It was a great travel year for us. Lots of fun overall.

Still have December to get through with another round of doctor visits. Got my fingers crossed.

very good idea for thread!

A+

still healthy and tennis with sons a big plus and love my job every day (though in S. Florida on business now and look forward to getting back to Orlando!) Alas DD off to college next year but perfect verbal SAT and early admission good thus far. I shall SO miss her!!!

I gave a grade of D- for this past year.

DH and I attended 4 funerals this past summer, including my best friend's funeral.

I have been having ongoing health problems.

My 88 year old grandmother needs a lot more care now which has caused a great deal of stress in the family.

My brother lost his job 5 months ago with no new job in sight though he has been on several interviews.

I could go on and on . . .

The only reason I did not give this year an F is because we had a great family trip to Disney over Spring Break, and my kids are all happy and healthy.

My best year would be 2000. My oldest was 1 year old and I so enjoyed that year with him. I was also in the best shape of my life. We ended that year announcing to friends and family on New Year's Eve that we were expecting twins (I was elated to find out we were having twins!).

I'm giving the year a C. It could be better and be worse. I'm also not going to bring on trouble by saying it couldn't get worse.

We moved from DC to the badly named Ft. Bliss, TX.

I had ankle reconstructive surgery but now so much better than I was.

My MIL had a heart attack and now diagnosed serious medical problems. She has no means to support herself including health insurance so my husband and his sister share the support of her financially.

My own mom flipped her car this October and really messed up her knee and has been staying with me since her car accident. I hope to take her home in January but then also have to buy her a car as we also help support my mom.

My husband's grandfather is now in failing health but we did manage a quick trip up north to see the grandparents and hope nothing bad happens while my husband is away.

Oh and my doctor has told me that I need to come to terms with that I will need a full hysterectomy in the next 2 years. I'm only 34 and understand that this will finish out my dreams of a baby but my health is more important.

2013 has my husband going away so can't really say that it's going to be the best year either but I'm loved and I love so I will get through.

I voted B but the more I think about it should have been A. With exception of my Nana who is 83 and is getting Alzheimer's everyone is healthy and happy. DS was born in February, my parents moved down in May to be with their grandson, both of us have jobs, most importantly DS is a happy, healthy, very rambunctious almost 10 month old. All said and done 2012 has been a pretty good year for us.

This year has been good for us. I gave it a B.

The good: DH got a nice raise. DSS are both on the honor roll. DD started kindergarten and is excelling with her work. I'm healthier then last year and our immediate family is healthy. We vacationed to Florida to see MIL and spent two magical days at Disney and let DD be the princess she is!

The bad: DH's grandmothers health is failing. DH's stepdad has cancer and is getting treatment in Florida thus causing them not to come home for as long this year and the kids miss them terribly. My beloved kitty passed away . She was 14 years old and she was my first baby.

I would rate 2012 a "B"... for the following reasons

- A new baby! We were initially shocked and in total denial but we're totally on board with it now. No looking back!
- I started school! It's incredibly stressful at times but its what I want to do and we will ALL get through it! :)
- We moved 2000 miles away so I could fulfill my education. This has probably been the hardest thing we've ever had to do, thus far. I really miss my friends and family. There are days where I am lonely and wish I had my old friends around me. A handful have children and they're all super excited for our child, but it would have been easier if we were closer to home. I am making new friends, it just takes time.

I was thinking C, because I am feeling very "C ish" today, but when I gave it some thought, I don't really have that much to be unhappy about. So an A it is.

DH and I celebrated our 20th anniversary with a trip to Mexico.

My brother and father both survived major health crises.

DDs had a great school year last year and are doing well this year, too.

We got a new puppy this summer.

Our summer vacation was as great as usual.

DDs are playing on a travel hockey team for the first time and they love it.

We finally sold FIL's home and received our inheritance from his estate.

I have a great job and got a bonus this fall which will pay for DD12's braces.

Our cars are running, our house doesn't need any major repairs, we all have our health.

DH's business is cyclically slow right now, but we have saved enough to get through the winter without a problem, and I love having dinner made when I get home.

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to think about what is really good in my life.

I voted C, but B- is probably more fair. It was a good year - definitely a passing grade - but it failed to live up to its potential.
(We had expected to adopt again this year, but it looks like it will be 2013 or 2014.)

We had a great year. My Wife and I experienced so many new things and places together. We've only been together 4 1/2 years and honestly every year is better than the last. I am very lucky! A+

Great topic!

For me, this was a year of high highs and low lows so I averaged them out and gave the year a C.

I'm not feeling very optimistic for the state of the economy and where this country is heading so I'm feeling C ish but then there have been some awesome aspects to the year such as our middle ds earning "Rookie of the Year" in his freshman collegiate year of pitching. I guess that is probably true of most years, highs and lows...

My favorite year was 1986 but that too was a roller coaster of ups and downs. I graduated college and married my dh but my mother was diagnosed with ovarian cancer that eventually took her life (not in '86 though).

I gave 2012 a C.
When you average out the highs and lows, that's what I get. :confused3

I'll play...... I give it a B. Some crappy times.... Cat died,, guinea pig died, my grandma died.... But the great things were... I got a new job, my kids and husband have had a healthy year and we went to Disney and DH has agreed to go to Disney two times a year instead of once a year... And my twin nephews were born. I miss grandma terribly and still cry a couple of times a week but she had a long happy life and she was starting to suffer. She is no longer in pain.... But I am because I miss her so.

I am having a hard time with the best year, but I can tell you the 2 worst.... 2004 & 2010. 2004 my DS had brain surgery and 2010 DH was very sick and I thought he wouldn't make it. But even in those years i would have graded them a C because through those very hard times I became closer to God and my family and was able to see the truly important things in life.

DMy mom died, my 4 year old nephew was diagnosed with a birth defect and almost died after haing a supposedly minor surgery. Many family members including me have had health issues, I have a very challenging job this year.

On the plus side my nephew recovered, I had a trip to WDW with a special niece, my siblings and I are now closer than ever and Mom isn't suffering any more.

2013 is going to star out with my 3 sisters and I taking a short trip together. According to my co-woker across the hall next year(starting in Aug.) my job will be much less challenging!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter