• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Girls-only Trip~Old thread, see first post for new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, last person to post last night and first this morning. :rotfl:

Well, at least it's a Thursday, one day closer to Friday and the weekend! :banana:

Have a great day everyone!

I don't know.....still slow for me. Just goes to show, you can't believe rumors! :rotfl2:

Hey, I warned people it was a rare opportunity and they better hurry to take advantage of it. Guess you were just too slow.
not-tagged-smiley-10464.gif
:rolleyes1 ;)

You've got to be speedy around here between episodes of board insanity.
icon_sprint.gif

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Capri, I love the turtle smilie. Where do you girls find all these creative smileys?

Beth you are so right. Eventhough we are bummed I think we are still going to have a ton of fun and I am so excited to spend more time with the divas!! Don't worry anyone either I don't plan on bringing the girls to any group activities. For the days we are there before their dad gets there they will be doing other things and we only paln on going to the M&G for a few hours to say hi. Otherwise the few other things we plan to do should be once their dad gets there. :)

And yes I DEF am hoping to do a cruise someday but I think I would do better on a bigger boat. My mom did one on RC and it was one of those floating cities LOL. And she said she never felt a thing. So "hopefully" I would fare better on that.

But hey Beth I wanted to tell you we are now thinking of doing a ghost tour on the Queen Mary!! We are just going to be touring around Hollywood/Long Beach and seeing stuff we normally never get to see.

Hope everyone has a GREAT day and 3 weeks from today M&G baby! YEAH!!

Anyway that is my news and TG I can finally get on this things. SHEESH! What a nightmare!

Sorry about your cruise but sounds like you'll be doing some fun things and of course more DL time is always a good thing. Looking forward to seeing you and your Mom !

ATTENTION SCAVY TEAM CONSISTING OF
Carol/Karylrocks
Lisa/Carol's DD
Michelle/Alex2Kmommy
Alison/Sameyeyam

You are the only team without a name. Could you please come up with one and post it here ASAP. Thank you thank you!

Hey, I warned people it was a rare opportunity and they better hurry to take advantage of it. Guess you were just too slow.
not-tagged-smiley-10464.gif
:rolleyes1 ;)
Well, we can't all be fast like you. :rolleyes1 :p

Happy Thursday, everyone!

Capri, I love the turtle smilie. Where do you girls find all these creative smileys?
www.bestsmileys.com is a good place. Also just searching on photobucket.

But hey Beth I wanted to tell you we are now thinking of doing a ghost tour on the Queen Mary!! We are just going to be touring around Hollywood/Long Beach and seeing stuff we normally never get to see.
That sounds fun! I actually was looking up things to do in LA the other day. Our Michigan trip this summer is on hold. Turns out, it's very expensive to transport 6 people cross country. :sad2: So we might just end up spending a week at Ruben's parents house in Moorpark, CA.
Anyway, I was looking for one fun thing for us to all do and thought of the Queen Mary. But the reviews for the ghost tour weren't that great. I was bummed! So if you take it, let me know what you think.

Also if you are near Glendale or Burbank, you should take the family to Portos Bakery! OMG, you have to try their meat pies and potato balls. Soooo good. And their desserts are delish, too. Much better taste and prices than Disney. :rolleyes1
http://www.portosbakery.com/

Have fun planning your revised trip!

You are the only team without a name. Could you please come up with one and post it here ASAP. Thank you thank you!
Ooooh, first Mel was cracking the whip and now Trudi. I love it. :thumbsup2 :rotfl:

Thanks Beth. Yea we are going to do the Behind the scenes and the ghost and Legends. I will def let you know. We are going to stay up near Univ the first night since we are going to be playing around Hollywood. Then Long Beach on Tues (decided to skip SD cuz mom didn't want to drive that far and plus this sounds more fun). Then we will get to Anaheim prob wed but now we may or may not go to parks till Thurs.

Just really excited about whatever happens!!!

Hey Beth I know you said Steph is doing itineraries. Do I need to pm her to get one? I wasn't sure when they were asking for stuff if we needed to tell her we wanted one. I THINK I have everything underway. I requested a nametag and I talked to capri and Laurie about the M&G.

We are not doing any of the group meals. Am I forgetting anything??

Three weeks from RIGHT NOW, I'll be AT DISNEYLAND!!!!!

14.gif

or at least across the street from it, checking into the hotel! LOL

Had my first day back at work today since the 1/2 and I forgot how many times I walk up and down stairs in a given day when I'm there. My hip is still not a fan!!

Several times today I have constructed well thought out and what I thought as pithy witty posts only to have the DIS not allow me to post them.

I multi quoted and everything.

So, my evilness and fallen grace status has finally come to light?

Dang, I was hoping my new Irish gangsta-ness would carry me through.

Even the DIS seems to hate me, bummer.

I hope everyone has had a splendid day. I have been cleaning. And not cleaning, then cleaning again.

Days off in the middle of the week are fantastic, but they do mean that I work on Saturday.

Soon our trip will be here. HURRAH!!!!

whew... caught up between the 2 pages on the old and 6 of the new thread.
Nothing exciting to share, got my taxes done :woohoo: Still need to tackle financial aid for my son, I tried to convince him to do it.. he looked at me in horror "NO, I don't want to mess it up!" :eek: :laughing: I might still torture him into doing it (with coaching), he needs to get past the "I am a male and have no clue how to do forms" mentality that he gets from his dad. :rolleyes1

Did a lot of walking at two malls, searching out items for my villains gift and trying to hunt down a few new shirts. We have had such a mild winter this year (crossing fingers it continues this way into spring!), the stores are stuffed full of winter gear, boots, sweaters, turtlenecks, long sleeves...NO short sleeve T Shirts to be found! :eek:
Macy's put out a few for "resort wear": light blue, coral, and white... boooooo, not a single color that I need! :headache: Hoping after Valentine's they will clear out all the winter wear , stock up the pretty spring colors (and no more long sleeves). While at Macy's, I happily bought a new winter coat for 75% off, one size smaller this year ! And tried on a a few jeans, only to find they were too big. :thumbsup2 I seem to be in that weird in between size where I need plus tops and might fit into regular misses depending on how it's cut. Not making a big weight loss effort, just simple changes in my diet and out walking a bit more. This week has been major sweet cravings that I caved into :rolleyes1 I'm staying off the scale for a few weeks, better not to know!

Hey Beth I know you said Steph is doing itineraries. Do I need to pm her to get one? I wasn't sure when they were asking for stuff if we needed to tell her we wanted one. I THINK I have everything underway. I requested a nametag and I talked to capri and Laurie about the M&G.

We are not doing any of the group meals. Am I forgetting anything??
No, I haven't spoken with her but I'm assuming she's just going to print enough based off the sign up list. (Steph, if I am mistaken, let me know.)

You should be set. Did you get on the phone list? Other than that, I think you're good.

Three weeks from RIGHT NOW, I'll be AT DISNEYLAND!!!!!

14.gif

or at least across the street from it, checking into the hotel! LOL
:cool1: :banana: :woohoo: :yay:

Like a true spy I harbor many secrets:cool2:
Nice. :thumbsup2

Had my first day back at work today since the 1/2 and I forgot how many times I walk up and down stairs in a given day when I'm there. My hip is still not a fan!!
Uh oh, take it easy. :hug:

Look at that, my totally worthless post posted.

Go figure.
Just do what I do and post jibberish most of the time. Those posts always go through. :rotfl2:

While at Macy's, I happily bought a new winter coat for 75% off, one size smaller this year ! And tried on a a few jeans, only to find they were too big. :thumbsup2 Not making a big weight loss effort, just simple changes in my diet and out walking a bit more.
That's awesome!! Good for you!!! :worship: I, on the other hand, can't seem to stop gaining or eating. :rolleyes: Even my clothes from the October DL trip don't fit me anymore. Think anyone will mind if I walk around DL in a giant muumuu dress.... :rolleyes1

I, Think anyone will mind if I walk around DL in a giant muumuu dress.... :rolleyes1

No one will mind at all Beth, if, of course you have your giant muumuu dresses in:

Lime Green
Purple
Pink
and of course the non color

Teal

Can you handle that?

:laughing:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter