Girls Only Trip (old planning thread, see link to new one in 1st post)

Okay... I have a PLAN for the trip.. Just dont tell my husband. Yet. :rolleyes1 I am planning our family trip for about a week and half or two weeks after the ladies only trip. Since I already have enough airline mile for a free flight, it only makes sense for me to fly down.. by myself.. pick up my AP, get a good feel for things since we wont have been to Disneyland in 2 years or so.. and map out a game plan for what would work best for us. I mean.. It only makes sense, right? ;) Thats totally what I thought.

Great idea Berniece!:goodvibes

Wooohoo!! :cool1:

I'm still figuring out the details, but I have awhile. I'll probably just drive down there myself. How friggin' exciting! :banana: :dance3:

Well, not sure exactly where in SoCal you are, but there are some other ladies in the Lancaster/Palmdale area so you might be able to hitch a ride in with them.

Well, not sure exactly where in SoCal you are, but there are some other ladies in the Lancaster/Palmdale area so you might be able to hitch a ride in with them.

Ventura County (Oxnard). So anyone coming on the 101 SB can pick me up!

Ok, I'm confused, Staley is Megan, right? Just had twins while we were on the Divas trip in March?

Funnygarcia is Bernice.

Am I missing an inside joke? Wouldn't be the first time. :laughing:

Nope--just toocherie getting her people mixed up!!! Thanks for the correction!!!!

(sorry Megan!) I always associate Megan and Bernice because they hung out at the first ladies trip and I mixed them up!

Ventura County (Oxnard). So anyone coming on the 101 SB can pick me up!

well, I know there are some ladies who come down from NorCal but think they come down the 5--

another option is to take the train down and someone would pick you up at the train station!

you'll have plenty of time to work out a plan!

Ok, I'm confused, Staley is Megan, right? Just had twins while we were on the Divas trip in March?

Funnygarcia is Bernice.

Am I missing an inside joke? Wouldn't be the first time. :laughing:

You are right! Neither of us pop up on here very often.. So I can see how easy it would be to mix us up.

Guess what everyone? I just talked my mom into joining us in 2010! She's so excited that she had to get off the phone with me and go tell my dad everything he'll be missing since he's not a diva and will have to stay in Indiana with the dogs :eek:

Guess what everyone? I just talked my mom into joining us in 2010! She's so excited that she had to get off the phone with me and go tell my dad everything he'll be missing since he's not a diva and will have to stay in Indiana with the dogs :eek:

:lmao:how funny!

I wonder if my mom would come. Probably not..

well, I know there are some ladies who come down from NorCal but think they come down the 5--

another option is to take the train down and someone would pick you up at the train station!

you'll have plenty of time to work out a plan!

Oh my gosh, the train is such a good idea! I didn't even think of that! :idea:

Understatement of the year. ;)

Can't help that I am friendly.

On another board, someone said that their 14-year old daughter has her own debit card and that it is quite common for teenagers to have their own debit cards these days.

Is this true????????

I would never do that.

Laurie:

I'm not looking for whether it CAN be done. Obviously it can since this lady indicated her teen had one. I don't need someone to do my Internet searching for me, thanks. I'm quite capable of looking up debit card websites.

I'm looking for people's personal experience on a child under 16 having a debit card. just because a credit card company allows it per their website doesn't mean that a lot of parents are in actuality allowing their kids to have it.

I don't know of any of my friends with teenagers who allow them to have a debit card. I'm not disputing that it can be done, I'm questioning the frequency since this lady indicated it was common.

I agree. Just because it can be done doesn't mean that it should.

I just looked at the photo of those jell-o shots.... I could go for 1 or... 6 right now. I have a busy next couple of weeks getting this semester finished! I'm twiddling my thumbs right now because it's raining outside and I can't do my photo shoots. Those lava coladas (or whatever they're called I can't remember) look amazing too! Just dreamin' of vacation!

Get behind me in line for those jello shots.

Okay, so I give up. I'm in this trip and I mean it. Hopefully school/work goes normal by that time next year. But as for now, I am in and I'm in for sure! :) :yay: :thumbsup2

:banana:

I'll be sure to make extra--just for you. What flavor do ya want??????

Hey Hey, I was a new girl this year, and didn't get any extra made for me! I'll let you make up for it this year though. :thumbsup2

Okay, so I give up. I'm in this trip and I mean it. Hopefully school/work goes normal by that time next year. But as for now, I am in and I'm in for sure! :) :yay: :thumbsup2

Yay! :banana: I'm glad I'll get to meet you!

Okay... I have a PLAN for the trip.. Just dont tell my husband. Yet. :rolleyes1 I am planning our family trip for about a week and half or two weeks after the ladies only trip. Since I already have enough airline mile for a free flight, it only makes sense for me to fly down.. by myself.. pick up my AP, get a good feel for things since we wont have been to Disneyland in 2 years or so.. and map out a game plan for what would work best for us. I mean.. It only makes sense, right? ;) Thats totally what I thought.

That is great thinking, and totally necessary...what would your family do without all of your sacrifices for them? :rotfl:

Yay! I'm glad she's able to come. The more the merrier. :)

I made some brownies, and now I have to try and not eat them all at once...they are warm and gooey and good! yum!

I told my Mom about the candy bar you ladies had this year and I volunteered her to make everyone home made marshmallows. :thumbsup2

Yay new ladies for next years trip! :goodvibes

Hello Bridgette! :wave2: I'm 24 also. :upsidedow You're older then me by about 8 months. I'm happy that you and your mom are going to be joining us next year. :goodvibes

I hope everyone has had a great weekend. I've been rather ill and it's making me nervous about next weekend. :scared: Hopefully I'm not going to be slowing down the group.

My friend Jessica said she's interested in joining us next year. :yay: She's a Disney fan too, and I hope she's able to make it. :cheer2:

Everyone looks like a model on the front page. I guess it's because you all were in a very happy place! :cutie:

I have a horrible headache so I think I'm gonna go lay down now.

Have a great evening everyone! And if anyone makes dinner, can you send some my way? Thank you very much! ;)

A very mature 24 year old at that. For the most part, I can't stand anyone my age! I hang out with my parents, 56 and 66, a lot :lmao: My mom and I were having a blast looking at the past trip photos. She's so jealous! I'm going to try to talk her into coming with me in 2010. Her name is Mickey too! :smickey:
I brought my mom this year, and we had a great time together!

I'm getting my Bachelor of Fine Arts with focus in Photography and then I'm moving to Santa Barbara in July to get my masters from the Brooks Institute of Photography. Good times! :banana:
I love Santa Barbara!

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't wait to meet you in person!

Excellent! Like I said, it was a great bonding time for me and my mom.

Hey Hey, I was a new girl this year, and didn't get any extra made for me! I'll let you make up for it this year though. :thumbsup2

Yay! :banana: I'm glad I'll get to meet you!

That is great thinking, and totally necessary...what would your family do without all of your sacrifices for them? :rotfl:

Yay! I'm glad she's able to come. The more the merrier. :)

I made some brownies, and now I have to try and not eat them all at once...they are warm and gooey and good! yum!
Now I have to make some brownies. Thanks, Heather!

I'm making you and Sally and Heather your own stash . . . .
What about me?

I told my Mom about the candy bar you ladies had this year and I volunteered her to make everyone home made marshmallows. :thumbsup2
Yum!

Hello Bridgette! :wave2: I'm 24 also. :upsidedow You're older then me by about 8 months. I'm happy that you and your mom are going to be joining us next year. :goodvibes

Now Wendy has competition for the 60 year old men!:lmao:

On another board, someone said that their 14-year old daughter has her own debit card and that it is quite common for teenagers to have their own debit cards these days.

Is this true????????
I have a 14 year old son and as responsible as he is, I'd still never give him a debit or credit card. Just my opinion. Also as for being common, I've never heard of any of my friends doing it for their kids, or for any of his friends having one.

I tried updating my title to Official 2010 Dis Diva's Photographer to be silly but it didn't save... probably too long or something.

EDIT: Yay I made it work!
LOL Cool, now you can't get out of it.

Just dreamin' of vacation!
I'm always doing that. :rotfl2:

YAY Courtney!! I knew you'd join us. Peer pressure is a wonderful thing. That's the way to do it, just say your going and make it work.
So pick out one of your lovely pics and I'll add you to the front page. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter