Girls Only Trip (old planning thread, see link to new one in 1st post)

:confused3 Ummmm, that I am friendly? ;)
Understatement of the year. ;)

If something happens and work lets me, I will try to go...we will just have to wait and see!
If not we will kidnap you. You MUST come.

can we all say "Official Dis Divas photographer"???????
Ooooooh, good idea!

I'd love to be the official Diva's photographer! When we go on our 2010 trip you can count on my camera being with me 100% of the time!
I have mine with me 100% of the time too. :rolleyes1
I just never remember to actually use it. :rotfl2:

I just "Saturday" cleaned the bathroom (we pick up everyday but Saturday is our serious clean-with-ajax-and-bleach day) and picked up our bedroom. I put a load of towels to wash and now I have to go vacuum and pick up the den. I'm going to call my aunt today and see if she and the girls are up for seeing the Hannah Montana movie. If not, we'll just be staying home and watching something on netflix.
Wanna come "Saturday" clean my house? ;) Have a good afternoon.

I'd love to be the official Diva's photographer! When we go on our 2010 trip you can count on my camera being with me 100% of the time!

All right! (just as long as you know you're not obligated to do it--but we Divas love to have our pictures taken. After all--we're Diva Princesses!)

(Note to Beth--better post Bridgette's position as official photographer on the front pages before she changes her mind!)

Happy Sunday afternoon ladies!

Just us girls went to church this morning (my grandparent went home yesterday) and left right afterward because we had a whirlwind of cleaning to do before my parents arrive tonight. You know how it is? Putting everything off until the last minute; that's how I do, baby-boo.

I just "Saturday" cleaned the bathroom (we pick up everyday but Saturday is our serious clean-with-ajax-and-bleach day) and picked up our bedroom. I put a load of towels to wash and now I have to go vacuum and pick up the den. I'm going to call my aunt today and see if she and the girls are up for seeing the Hannah Montana movie. If not, we'll just be staying home and watching something on netflix.

You are such a good big sis! Anais is very lucky.

Sigh--on my fourth load of laundry. My box of clothes from my WDW trip came on Monday via Fed Ex--most had never been worn while I was there--of course I overpacked--but they're all wrinkley so I'm washing them to get them all nice and unwrinkled to wear. Plus I haven't done laundry since I came home. so there's a lot.

I have a pork roast on boiling, and I'm gonna make some Trader Joe's white mac n' cheese. I guess I'd better figure out something healthy to go with all that.

I'm getting my Bachelor of Fine Arts with focus in Photography and then I'm moving to Santa Barbara in July to get my masters from the Brooks Institute of Photography. Good times! :banana:

Hi Bridgette and welcome! I have a masters in Photography (but don't do it anymore). I knew some guys who went to Brooks, it's a great school.

What school are you getting your BFA in now?

Hey Divas!

I just found this:

Recycling is Magic: Plastic Bottle Recycling Campaign (April 22, Earth Day): According to the Web site Earth911.com, “In 2006, Americans drank about 167 bottles of water each but only recycled an average of 23 percent. That leaves 38 billion water bottles in landfills.” On April 22, 2009, Disney Store locations nationwide will host a plastic bottle recycling program called “Recycling is Magic.” To help educate children on the benefits of recycling, Disney Store is inviting everyone to bring in empty plastic bottles and toss them into a unique recycling bin. On April 22, while supplies last, guests can exchange three empty bottles for a free commemorative Earth Day reusable water bottle, an approximate value of $8.50.

I'm a sucker for anything free. I also heard rumors that they would be handing out reusable bags for free.

I might have to go to the mall Wed. Darn it! :banana:

OK, I'm off to ransack that kitchen. I feel the need to bake something.

Haven't read any of the thread yet - traveling for work really takes it out of you and I've got 1 more week left! But just wanted to post that I LOVE the first page reference guide. Will have to print out those posts & put them by my computer @ home to refer to as I am really bad with names. Add on a disboard name and I am lost.:confused3

Getting excited about the trip and all the anticipation around planning meals & such!

If not we will kidnap you. You MUST come.

Beth, you always make me feel like I am important. I don't want to sound TOO sappy, but sometimes a person just needs to hear that other people like having them around. Thank you.:hug:

Sarah

I'm a sucker for anything free. I also heard rumors that they would be handing out reusable bags for free.
Me too. Thanks for posting that.

But just wanted to post that I LOVE the first page reference guide. Will have to print out those posts & put them by my computer @ home to refer to as I am really bad with names. Add on a disboard name and I am lost.:confused3
Oh good, I'm glad it helps.

Beth, you always make me feel like I am important. I don't want to sound TOO sappy, but sometimes a person just needs to hear that other people like having them around. Thank you.:hug:

Sarah
And I don't want to sound too sappy either, but I meant it. It was great to see you again, and after having you there this last time, it honestly wouldn't be the same without you. So plan on being there! ;) :hug:

Morning ladies!

WAKE UP!!!!!!!!!!

:rolleyes1

I've been awake since 6:30 and just thought everyone else should be up now too. Ugh, why, why, why, did I have to wake up at such an unholy hour on a weekend???? :mad: :rolleyes:
So you are why I did not sleep today. Mom has to have me up at 5:30 am to 6 am, 5:30 pm to about 7 pm, and midnight to about 1:15 am. So I sleep days. I have 10 hours to get my beauty sleep and boy do I need it.
boo_bear001.jpg

boo_bear002.jpg

Yay!
You are definitely a Diva Princess, very pretty.:hug::thumbsup2

It is sweltering hot right now and I am so tempted to go to DLR and ride the rapids all day or go to Princess Dot's Puddle Park and sit there all day.

My proud moment today is that I put together a bookcase that Calvin gave me. See, women are smarter than men.:laughing: He had had the bookcase so long that most of the glue had dried out. Also Piper and I are hanging out at DLR the 8th and 10th. Nice lady from disabilities board.:hug::hug::hug::woohoo:

On another board, someone said that their 14-year old daughter has her own debit card and that it is quite common for teenagers to have their own debit cards these days.

Is this true????????

On another board, someone said that their 14-year old daughter has her own debit card and that it is quite common for teenagers to have their own debit cards these days.

Is this true????????

Our credit union wouldn't let our kids have a debit card/checking account until they were 16. But I guess they could have one on their parents' accounts, if they are responsible. Not something I'd count on when they're that young.

Is this true????????

That is crazy!
Jordan is almost 13 and I am not going give him a debit card.
I don't think any of his friends have one. Not even the rich kids.

Hi Bridgette and welcome! I have a masters in Photography (but don't do it anymore). I knew some guys who went to Brooks, it's a great school.

What school are you getting your BFA in now?

Thanks! I'm getting my BFA at the Herron School of Art and Design in Indianapolis. It's a fantastic institution for Fine Art education on the foundations level... I wish I could say things equally wonderful about the photography program that begins once sophomores declare their major as they enter their junior year. I feel like I've had the term "fine art photograph" shoved down my throat far too many times. That's why I'm so excited about Brooks. Now I'll be able to make artwork that has conceptual meaning, but work that has potential to be more marketable as well. I'm most excited about their availability to check out medium format and 4 x 5 cameras with digital backs and their shooting studios! My motto has always been... "I paint with light and the world is my canvas." Kinda cliche but I like it!

(Note to Beth--better post Bridgette's position as official photographer on the front pages before she changes her mind!).

I tried updating my title to Official 2010 Dis Diva's Photographer to be silly but it didn't save... probably too long or something.

EDIT: Yay I made it work!

I just looked at the photo of those jell-o shots.... I could go for 1 or... 6 right now. I have a busy next couple of weeks getting this semester finished! I'm twiddling my thumbs right now because it's raining outside and I can't do my photo shoots. Those lava coladas (or whatever they're called I can't remember) look amazing too! Just dreamin' of vacation!

I just looked at the photo of those jell-o shots.... I could go for 1 or... 6 right now. I have a busy next couple of weeks getting this semester finished! I'm twiddling my thumbs right now because it's raining outside and I can't do my photo shoots. Those lava coladas (or whatever they're called I can't remember) look amazing too! Just dreamin' of vacation!

I'll be sure to make extra--just for you. What flavor do ya want??????

Laurie:

I'm not looking for whether it CAN be done. Obviously it can since this lady indicated her teen had one. I don't need someone to do my Internet searching for me, thanks. I'm quite capable of looking up debit card websites.

I'm looking for people's personal experience on a child under 16 having a debit card. just because a credit card company allows it per their website doesn't mean that a lot of parents are in actuality allowing their kids to have it.

I don't know of any of my friends with teenagers who allow them to have a debit card. I'm not disputing that it can be done, I'm questioning the frequency since this lady indicated it was common.

I had a debit card when I was 16, but I also had a checking account at 14. I've always been responsible so my parents allowed it to show me how to manage my money from babysitting and allowances. I bank with a local private bank. It can be done though!

Okay, so I give up. I'm in this trip and I mean it. Hopefully school/work goes normal by that time next year. But as for now, I am in and I'm in for sure! :) :yay: :thumbsup2

Okay... I have a PLAN for the trip.. Just dont tell my husband. Yet. :rolleyes1 I am planning our family trip for about a week and half or two weeks after the ladies only trip. Since I already have enough airline mile for a free flight, it only makes sense for me to fly down.. by myself.. pick up my AP, get a good feel for things since we wont have been to Disneyland in 2 years or so.. and map out a game plan for what would work best for us. I mean.. It only makes sense, right? ;) Thats totally what I thought.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter