Girls-Only Trip ~ Old planning thread, see first post for new link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Karyl - Welcome to the group.:wave2:

I hope you can come, we really have a great time and the ladies are so much fun and very nice.

Trudi, have a wonderful time tomorrow.
Let us know how it goes, what you did and the highlights of your day.:)

Here you go:
P1040358.jpg

It looks great!

I'm going to wait until about a month or so prior to the trip to order mine. I'm hoping to be significantly smaller by then. Although my weight loss attempts right now are pretty much non-existant and I'm trying to get with the program.

I gotta say, I am just loving the looks of Kerry's tee! :goodvibes Who else is planning to order one of those from etsy?
And Kerry, did they have more of scoop neck? That one looks like a crew neck in the pic. Is it?

I love the t-shirt! And I was going to TRY and make my own... who knows? It just might work!!

Good evening!
My mom, dad and little sister are already in bed. Today they were up at 3am to go fishing with the church and didn't get back home until after 7pm. They have church tomorrow and my dad has to get up extra early to print the bulletins. Diana and I won't be going to church because we are going to drive to Lancaster to decorate my grandparents' house for my grandpa's birthday while they are away at church.

I'm not sure where I will be getting the money for this trip but I'll figure that out when I move out there in 11 days! I really hope I can find a job this semester that way I will be established with some income. If not, I might use some of my loan money. I know, I know, not the wisest idea but I'm pretty sure it'll be covered in "miscellaneous" costs. After all, I will be gone 6 days so I don't need to buy groceries for a week. I'm sure I'll tweak my monthly budget and use the bare minimum so I can have enough money for my AP (hopefully getting it this month or next) and the hotel & food. My sister already gave me $15 Disney dollars to put towards my AP :thumbsup2

Sarah, you poor thing, you are always at work!:hug:

I hope we can fit RBT breakfast into the plans, too. Maybe either after the PPF/Small World or before the SH. It's counter service, right? So, those who aren't big morning eaters or eat in the room could just get some juice, coffee or fruit and we could still all be together. :)

My cake came out HEAVENLY! DH & I have been sneaking bites for the last half hour. We are ruining our dinner! It really is good, though.:lovestruc

Yay for your cake success!!! I've been craving cake for the last few days. It looks like I'm going to have to make one on Monday.

I just saw this. You must have been posting while I was. lol Anyway, YAY for your perfect cake!! I knew you could do it. Now watch, you'll be baking all the time and we'll have to get you one of those cute little aprons. ;)

I really hope RBT works out! I have NEVER had a Mickey pancake. Never. I've lived a deprived life. I guess what we should do is decide once we know what time RBT opens versus what time PFF opens. It would be nice if we could enjoy a laid back breakfast there, and then mosey on over to PFF. Hopefully the timing for that would work out.

Never?!?!!?! We eat breakfast there at least once every trip. Pancakes by the river is one of our traditions. We like a late breakfast, after we have a couple of FPs in hand.

I gotta say, I am just loving the looks of Kerry's tee! :goodvibes Who else is planning to order one of those from etsy?
And Kerry, did they have more of scoop neck? That one looks like a crew neck in the pic. Is it?

I love the tee, too! But a scoop or v-neck is a must for me!

Hello, Ladies! I popped in a few months ago when I was considering this trip as an alternative if I could not get my family excited about taking a DL trip this year. Well DH decided to attend a convention in Anaheim so we are going ahead with our trip in December. I am really excited to be planning a trip with DH and my two DS’s (17 and 29) but I kept thinking how fun it would go with the Divas. After looking at all of the planning on this new thread, I thought “why not do both?” So I brought it up with DH and he seemed okay with it! I’m still not 100% sure that I will go but I am going to jump in and plan as if I am going.

So I want to introduce myself. My family: Me :hippie:, DH pirate:, the aforementioned DS’s :music: :drinking1, and DD :cloud9:, new mother of my first grandchild (2 months today). Oh yeah, don't forget :cat:. We live in Oregon near Portland but are from Arizona. I am an accountant and therefore need to come home on Sunday 2/28 (month-end :badpc: ) and would be interested in sharing a room at HOJO. I promise as a newbie Diva to behave appropriately (no toenail flicking, etc). The activities look great and I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

Sweb-1.jpg
PirateNight-1.jpg
scan0005.jpg

Welcome, Carol! I'm Tina. I'm already rooming with my mom, but I'm sure we'll find you a roomie.

I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow, all by myself. I'm really looking forward to doing what I want when I want and eating where I want !
When the kids were little I always told myself that one day I would go alone and tomorrows the day !!!:yay:

Have a great "me" day!

Good evening!
My mom, dad and little sister are already in bed. Today they were up at 3am to go fishing with the church and didn't get back home until after 7pm. They have church tomorrow and my dad has to get up extra early to print the bulletins. Diana and I won't be going to church because we are going to drive to Lancaster to decorate my grandparents' house for my grandpa's birthday while they are away at church.

I'm not sure where I will be getting the money for this trip but I'll figure that out when I move out there in 11 days! I really hope I can find a job this semester that way I will be established with some income. If not, I might use some of my loan money. I know, I know, not the wisest idea but I'm pretty sure it'll be covered in "miscellaneous" costs. After all, I will be gone 6 days so I don't need to buy groceries for a week. I'm sure I'll tweak my monthly budget and use the bare minimum so I can have enough money for my AP (hopefully getting it this month or next) and the hotel & food. My sister already gave me $15 Disney dollars to put towards my AP :thumbsup2

I'm sure you'll be able to find a job once you move. I just know it!!!

I understand what you are saying. As far as financially, it's no big deal. I should be working this overtime for something! As far as time. I have been working with the group department for Cafe Orleans and it hasn't been too bad. I can't imagine it would be much worse for the breakfast. We would just have to have an exact count before ordering and people would need to be sure it was something they were going to do. I feel bad for not helping with more of the reservations and things last year and would love to be able to do something this year. However, I suppose we could wait till it gets a lot closer and then see if I still feel the same. I'm good with that if you are.

Sarah
Well, we don't have to decide this now. Especially since you aren't sure you'll make it. Which even the thought of you not being there makes me so sad!! So let's not even talk about that. lalalalalalala

For some reason all the links took me to the exact same page, BUT I clicked on the thread and was able to see all your different posts. What a great job you did! I am very impressed. Thanks for sharing that Kerry.

Oh, and it's good to know she will accept a personal shirt so maybe someone could send in a style they prefer.

Hello, Ladies! I popped in a few months ago when I was considering this trip as an alternative if I could not get my family excited about taking a DL trip this year. Well DH decided to attend a convention in Anaheim so we are going ahead with our trip in December. I am really excited to be planning a trip with DH and my two DS’s (17 and 29) but I kept thinking how fun it would go with the Divas. After looking at all of the planning on this new thread, I thought “why not do both?” So I brought it up with DH and he seemed okay with it! I’m still not 100% sure that I will go but I am going to jump in and plan as if I am going.

So I want to introduce myself. My family: Me :hippie:, DH pirate:, the aforementioned DS’s :music: :drinking1, and DD :cloud9:, new mother of my first grandchild (2 months today). Oh yeah, don't forget :cat:. We live in Oregon near Portland but are from Arizona. I am an accountant and therefore need to come home on Sunday 2/28 (month-end :badpc: ) and would be interested in sharing a room at HOJO. I promise as a newbie Diva to behave appropriately (no toenail flicking, etc). The activities look great and I am looking forward to meeting everyone!
Hi Karyl!! Good to see you. I am so glad you are going to try and make it. I'll add you to the front page tomorrow. I'm off to bed soon.

I'm going to Disneyland tomorrow, all by myself. I'm really looking forward to doing what I want when I want and eating where I want !
When the kids were little I always told myself that one day I would go alone and tomorrows the day !!!:yay:
Well, you probably won't see this before you go, but have fun!! And good for you Trudi for doing a solo day trip. I can't wait to hear about it.

It looks great!

I'm going to wait until about a month or so prior to the trip to order mine. I'm hoping to be significantly smaller by then. Although my weight loss attempts right now are pretty much non-existant and I'm trying to get with the program.
You can do it Cristabel. I know it. You'll be looking good and feeling better.

I love the t-shirt! And I was going to TRY and make my own... who knows? It just might work!!
You should still try. Your creative and crafty like that. I bet it would turn out great.

Never?!?!!?! We eat breakfast there at least once every trip. Pancakes by the river is one of our traditions. We like a late breakfast, after we have a couple of FPs in hand.
Never. :sad2:

Welcome Carol, I'm Angie and I'm a newbie too!

Well, we don't have to decide this now. Especially since you aren't sure you'll make it. Which even the thought of you not being there makes me so sad!! So let's not even talk about that. lalalalalalala

You should still try. Your creative and crafty like that. I bet it would turn out great.

The thought of some of you ladies not going makes me sad, too! So we're just not going to talk about it and you're all going. PERIOD!! How's that for MOM-talk?? :cheer2:

Crafty, maybe. Creative, NOT! But I'm still going to try!!

Hi Carol, Angie, and all the other new ladies! Can't wait to meet you all!!

I promise as a newbie Diva to behave appropriately (no toenail flicking, etc). The activities look great and I am looking forward to meeting everyone!

Welcome! You sound like you'll fit right in! I hope you get to come.

Oooh! Have fun! I spent a whole morning in Magic Kingdom by myself a few years ago, and it's still one of my favorite Disney memories. :thumbsup2

Sarah, I so hope you can come! I am looking so forward to seeing you and everyone else in Feb. *fingersinears* I'm not listening! I'm not listening!

Linda, I'm glad the cake came out good.

Beth and Stacie, I haven't heard how the last round of Doctor's appointments went (I didn't really read back much). I hope all is well with you.

I'm doing good, completely back to normal except for these headaches.

Also, as far as Club 33 goes, I really want to do the HOB if you all do that. I really need to think about what we are going to do. Saturday's lunch is open, but it's after the SH and I'm not sure we'd all feel like having a 'fancier' lunch after running around like that. So, I don't know. We could look at dinner also. It's a little dressier, and does not have the awesome desert buffet (not to mention the lobster on the regular buffet! yum!). So, I'll wait until everyone is picked. I'm going to start the contest this week sometime. It's not going to be trivia this year though, I just don't think I can come up with another one of those!

Talk with you all later.

Hi Everyone!!!

Welcome to our newbies!!! :cheer2:

Hope you all are having a great weekend.
Nothing new to report from here. My Dr is REALLY discouraging me from doing that barium test that the 2nd opinion dr ordered for me due to all the radiation exposure. :( It's not for another two weeks so I have time to decide.

Court went GREAT!!! I'll post more about that later.

We are focusing on firming up the plans for our December trip. We are trying to decide to fly home on the 12th or 13th. Flying home on a Sunday is a little more expensive plus it would be right back to work/school on Monday. We always like that extra day to recoup. My choice, I'd never come home.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!

Also, as far as Club 33 goes, I really want to do the HOB if you all do that. I really need to think about what we are going to do. Saturday's lunch is open, but it's after the SH and I'm not sure we'd all feel like having a 'fancier' lunch after running around like that. So, I don't know. We could look at dinner also. It's a little dressier, and does not have the awesome desert buffet (not to mention the lobster on the regular buffet! yum!). So, I'll wait until everyone is picked. I'm going to start the contest this week sometime. It's not going to be trivia this year though, I just don't think I can come up with another one of those!
I am so glad I got in on time for the contest! I would die for Club 33! I want to do HOB as well.

Hi I hope everyone is having a great wknd!

Welcome to the newbies! Is it time to go yet??

RBT has a good breakfast. When we were there during Christmas the boys ate there a few times.

I am watching Kendra....I really want to go to Dave & Busters now...but sadly there is not one anywhere close.......crud!!

Hi girls! I woke up this morning with a backache! Ugh! :headache:

Today is officially anniversary for DBF and I.:
Hi Courtney! Happy Belated Anniversary! I hope your back is better. I have back and neck issues myself, so I know how painful and bothersome they can be.:sad2:

Here you go:
P1040358.jpg
Cute!! :cutie:

My cake came out HEAVENLY! DH & I have been sneaking bites for the last half hour. We are ruining our dinner! It really is good, though.:lovestruc
Yay Linda!! It sounds yummy! :goodvibes

That could work. Depending on what time the Scavenger Hunt is. We don't want to rush right from breakfast to running around the park, kwim? .
Beth, I was thinking the same thing. I need to confer with my commitee on the time we'd like to set the Scavvy Hunt on. THen I guess we can go from there. At least next year, the Walk in Walt's tour is on Friday. Whew!!

I really hope RBT works out! I have NEVER had a Mickey pancake. Never. I've lived a deprived life. I guess what we should do is decide once we know what time RBT opens versus what time PFF opens. It would be nice if we could enjoy a laid back breakfast there, and then mosey on over to PFF. Hopefully the timing for that would work out.
I have never had one either. I have eaten there though. I love one of their salads. Can't remember the name right now, but it has lots of goodies on it. Yum!

Hi Carol, and welcome to the fun................and you will have fun!! :dance3:

I'm very relieved and glad to know that you are not a "toenail flicker!":rolleyes1 Ha ha! :laughing:

When the kids were little I always told myself that one day I would go alone and tomorrows the day !!!
Have a great day! I did that for the first time last year. At first it seemed weird, but after awhile it was kind of nice!!

Good evening!

Well Miss Cristabel............how about a getting a job at the "Happiest Place on Earth?" :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: If I lived down there, I think it would be fun at times. I think if I had the choice, I'd like to be a greeter, help with directions, and just make people even more happy to be there. Or, maybe even be a tour guide. :cloud9:

I love the tee, too! But a scoop or v-neck is a must for me!
Me too!

Nothing new to report from here. My Dr is REALLY discouraging me from doing that barium test that the 2nd opinion dr ordered for me due to all the radiation exposure. :( It's not for another two weeks so I have time to decide.

Court went GREAT!!! I'll post more about that later.
Hmm? I wish I could give you some good counsel on the testing stuff. I hope between now and then, you feel very good about your decision.

I'm sorry, but I don't think I know what you are talking about the court stuff. But whatever it was, I'm glad your glad!! :goodvibes

Hi I hope everyone is having a great wknd!

Welcome to the newbies! Is it time to go yet??
:hyper: :hyper:

Ok. now I have something cute to share.

Yesterday was my birthday and Dave bought me an AP for my present. :goodvibes

I want to share a note that he attached to my pass.

Tinkermell,

Hope you enjoy your Disney pass. I didn't need to get one, because I get to Tinker with Mel.

Love, Dave

I laughed and laughed. I love that man!! :love:

Tinkermell,

Hope you enjoy your Disney pass. I didn't need to get one, because I get to Tinker with Mel.

Love, Dave

Happy Birthday, Mel!!! That is such a cute note to go with your b-day gift. I think he's a keeper :thumbsup2

Oh - and I was going to mention that there are people on Etsy who have the scoop or V-neck Mickey tiedye t-shirts. The one I got is a scoop neck - but I know the nice lady who made mine is taking the summer off to be with her family, so she's not doing custom work right now. She will be in the fall though.......and she did an awesome job :thumbsup2

I'm doing good, completely back to normal except for these headaches.
That's great news Heather. I hope the headaches go away now too.

I am watching Kendra....I really want to go to Dave & Busters now...but sadly there is not one anywhere close.......crud!!
We don't have a DandB here either. I wish we did. It looks so fun!

Tinkermell,

Love, Dave

Awwww, that is cute. What a great guy. And darn it, I KNEW it was your birthday yesterday and forgot to post. I hope you had a good one.

happy-birthday.gif
COLORFULMICKEY.gif

Yay - I see PFF is added for Friday morning, so it can be a Princess Day with Ariel's lunch too princess: Love it :yay:

Hey Divas! I should be working but instead I'm Dis-ing and Facebooking. Bella got a new pressed rawhide bone from her groomer so she's a happy camper. I made a decadent Monte Cristo sandwich for brekkie (was watching food network and improvised) so now I want a nap! So much for my "no bread" life.

I love to go by myself sometimes--you see so many things you otherwise miss.

I just have this thing about counting chickens and all....after all I was on the "Don't be Cheekin'" group in the SH last year!) Wow, I am really ramblin....darn caffine!

Sarah

Everytime I ride POTC I hope I pass by the well right when she says "don't be cheekin"!!!!

Good evening!

What type of AP are you planning on getting?

Tinkermell,

Love, Dave

Mel--happy belated birthday! Why didn't we know it was your birthday? I definitely have to get you added to my Facebook birthday list!!!

Your hubby is a funny guy! (and generous too!)

Carol (and any other newbies I might have missed)--welcome!

Talk to you all later!

Cheryl

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter