Girls-Only Trip ~ Old planning thread, see first post for new link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all you gorgeous Divas!! :banana: No, I'm not on anything, just been up since 5:30 and have way too much energy!!! :yay: :rotfl2:

Noelle won student of the month at her school, so I took Ruben to work so I can have the van to go have a special lunch with her. You can win that award either through academics, or actions (kindness, etc) and she won it for both. This is me beaming with pride. :goodvibes And this is me totally confused because I don't know where she gets it from!!! :confused: :confused: lol

Congrats to Noelle! :cheer2: Don't you just love it when your child does something amazing and you feel like "wow, I must be doing something right!?".

Good morning all you gorgeous Divas!! :banana: No, I'm not on anything, just been up since 5:30 and have way too much energy!!! :yay: :rotfl2:

Noelle won student of the month at her school, so I took Ruben to work so I can have the van to go have a special lunch with her. You can win that award either through academics, or actions (kindness, etc) and she won it for both. This is me beaming with pride. :goodvibes And this is me totally confused because I don't know where she gets it from!!! :confused: :confused: lol

Yeah to Noelle. :dance3::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

OKay, all this talk of Steakhouse 55 has me sold on it! I love breakfast, so anyone up for a breakfast there on Monday? (It's one of the few days we don't have an early morning activity or tour)
I could totally devour either of these:
Huevos Rancheros - Two fresh eggs, corn tortillas, cheese and black beans with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. $12.00

Sunrise Burrito - Scrambled fresh eggs, chorizo, potatoes and cheese in a flour tortilla with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream on the side. $12.00
YUM!!!!!!!!!!! :love:

Sounds so good! I'll be there!!

Congrats on Noelle! I know how you feel... Sometimes Allyson's (or my other kids' teachers) will say something about one of the kids and I'll say, "Are you sure you're talking about MY kid??"

Hello Ladies.

Let me introduce myself, my name is Shirley and I am a DIS Diva wanna be. I am also a Disneyland virgin. :eek: I was almost 2 when it was built and always wanted to go there.
Hi Shirley--welcome to this crazy group! And you are not a wanna-be--you are a Diva woman! Live it!

BTW, I had a similar experience to yours with cancer--though not someone quite as close. My administrative assistant also had emergency surgery and was diagnosed with cancer Memorial Day weekend and died July 25th. I still admit I'm somewhat in shock from that so I can't imagine what you are going through. But know that this is a great group of ladies--one of the group is staying with me right now and we are having such a great time together!

Ummm---oops. We'll take pics this weekend. We did take pics of the Napa Rose dinner. But we forgot the food.

Last night Dawn and my Mom and I went to the Melting Pot--a fondue restaurant--it was so much fun and yummy and dinner took THREE hours! We were so full we rolled out of the place.

Oh my gosh, Cristabel! You're crazy, girl!!!! But I most likely won't wear red either.
I bet Billy likes red.

Yeah, right! We can't IMAGINE where she gets it.

Way to go Noelle!

OKay, all this talk of Steakhouse 55 has me sold on it! I love breakfast, so anyone up for a breakfast there on Monday? (It's one of the few days we don't have an early morning activity or tour)
Huevos Rancheros - Two fresh eggs, corn tortillas, cheese and black beans with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream. $12.00

Sunrise Burrito - Scrambled fresh eggs, chorizo, potatoes and cheese in a flour tortilla with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and sour cream on the side. $12.00

I almost had one of those but went with the "safe" choice--I'll probably try one next time. Probably the one with chorizo.

Hi Divas! Wow, I blinked, and the thread grew by 5 pages! :goodvibes Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I spoke with my DH last night about the Diva's Doing Disney, and he was so supportive (actually, I think he was a little relieved that I might get a Dis fix without having to be dragged along! :laughing: ) So now it's just up to me.

I just love the idea of meeting new friends that have my major affection (or should I say "infliction") in common...though at the same time, a little scarey and very out-of-character to do something like this.

I'm in the middle of an inspection at work right now, so things have been rather wild...I'm going to have to wait till things calm down before I make any decisions. But I didn't want you guys to think I just came to this thread on a whim and then forgot about it.

I hope you all have a "Magical Day", as they say at Disney. I really look forward to getting to know you all better :rotfl:

Kelly

Definitely count me in for Steakhouse 55.

I have had that chorizo burrito and let me just say it was sinfully delicious and easily shared. Half of it with half of a side of fruit would be perfect and I am a pretty big eater. I hope it's open on a Monday - I really want to eat there. It's elegant and fairly quiet, us Diva's could take the place over!:laughing:

As far as shirts, I love RED (and NO Cristabel, you do not look like the Kool-Aid man!), I am surprised it's not such a popular color with you ladies.:confused3

I know some of us are not wearing tie-dye (...me...), but would be up for a solid color shirt with a swatch or patch of tie-dye. Does anyone know what I mean?

Are the newbies able to get the design or buy the tink tshirts still? I would love one.

Steakhouse 55 sounds great to me!:thumbsup2

You know, I am not sure. I ordered mine on zazzle (sp ?) last year and it is too small for me now (yes, I am a bonafide fatty girl:confused:) and probably would want to order another one. Does anyone know if they are still available?

Well I just ran and met mom for lunch and other than a CRAZED maniac that tried to run me over (sheesh) ROAD RAGE MUCH! We booked our room for Feb!!

I was sitting at a red light getting ready to make a right turn and it was NOT clear. Not to mention the ONLY ticket I have ever gotten in my life (which I JUST got this past year) was for turning on red. The cop said I didn't stop but I did but anyway I got a ticket and it was 500!!! So needless to say ever since I have been VERY cautious about turning and I always make VERY sure it is clear and that I have stopped the necessary amount of time. Well this IDIOT behind me came FLYING up on my bumper and then when I didn't go IMMEDIATELY he starts honking. Well of course I ignored him cuz I COULDN'T go and then when it was clear I DID go and then he flies up next to me and then slows down and rolls down his window and starts SCREAMING at me. I was like whatever dude. So then I slow down and HE slows down. So I speed up and same thing. He then starts weaving into my lane like he is going to hit me. I am like WHAT is your gig you idiot! First you expect me to pull out in FRONT of oncoming traffic ON a red light and then you get mad at me when I don't. Then you start SCREAMING at me. You crazy lunatic. So I put my phone up to my ear and motioned to him that I was calling the cops and then he really starts coming at me. I started freaking out cuz I was afraid he was going to follow me into the restaurant parking lot but luckily he didn't. IF he would have slowed down or pulled up enough for me to get his license number I WOULD have called the cops on him but I never was able to. SHEESH!

But anyway that really got me riled up but anyway I finally calmed down and met mom and we called the DL hotel operator and we had been looking into the DL hotel but when we called a few weeks ago it was like 200 something a night but apparently in just this short amount of time it had gone up so now we are staying at Paradise Pier. Honestly I wouldn't pay that much for just a room but mom really wants to stay "on property". SOOO that's where we are staying this time. It will be nice to be close to DTD for the nights we go to Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55! I have never stayed there nor have I even been IN that hotel so I am looking forward to it! We may have to get a cab though for the night of the meet and greet cuz I don't think mom can walk all that way LOL.

But that is one more thing done! So I am excited! One step closer! :)

Good Morning Everyone!

I went to see Keith Urban last night who was great but I didn't get home until 1am. I got to work at 7:30am this morning then realized I don't work until noon:sad2:

Welcome Shirley, I'm a new Diva too!

That must have been an unpleasant realization!

I just saw the forcast for San Jose, and it is going to be climbing thru the 90s and into the 100s during te next week. :scared1: It rained last weekend! So wierd.
Whenever I hear these crazy, unpredictable temperatures I just say "well, we do live in California".

Hmmm, must be from her friends :lmao:

I'm down!

Hi Divas! Wow, I blinked, and the thread grew by 5 pages! :goodvibes Thank you all for the warm welcome!

I spoke with my DH last night about the Diva's Doing Disney, and he was so supportive (actually, I think he was a little relieved that I might get a Dis fix without having to be dragged along! :laughing: ) So now it's just up to me.

I just love the idea of meeting new friends that have my major affection (or should I say "infliction") in common...though at the same time, a little scarey and very out-of-character to do something like this.

I'm in the middle of an inspection at work right now, so things have been rather wild...I'm going to have to wait till things calm down before I make any decisions. But I didn't want you guys to think I just came to this thread on a whim and then forgot about it.

I hope you all have a "Magical Day", as they say at Disney. I really look forward to getting to know you all better :rotfl:

Kelly

It'll be great, just wait and see! I, too was nervous on my first Divas trip because it was my first time driving to Disneyland alone and then rooming with complete strangers but it was great!

As far as shirts, I love RED (and NO Cristabel, you do not look like the Kool-Aid man!), I am surprised it's not such a popular color with you ladies.:confused3

Blue is my color!

They sell really cute, partially tie dyed shirts at DL.

You know, I am not sure. I ordered mine on zazzle (sp ?) last year and it is too small for me now (yes, I am a bonafide fatty girl:confused:) and probably would want to order another one. Does anyone know if they are still available?

Mine shrank :( it fits but it's kinda short now.

Congrats to Noelle! Great job, Momma!!!!

Well I just ran and met mom for lunch and other than a CRAZED maniac that tried to run me over (sheesh) ROAD RAGE MUCH! We booked our room for Feb!!

I was sitting at a red light getting ready to make a right turn and it was NOT clear. Not to mention the ONLY ticket I have ever gotten in my life (which I JUST got this past year) was for turning on red. The cop said I didn't stop but I did but anyway I got a ticket and it was 500!!! So needless to say ever since I have been VERY cautious about turning and I always make VERY sure it is clear and that I have stopped the necessary amount of time. Well this IDIOT behind me came FLYING up on my bumper and then when I didn't go IMMEDIATELY he starts honking. Well of course I ignored him cuz I COULDN'T go and then when it was clear I DID go and then he flies up next to me and then slows down and rolls down his window and starts SCREAMING at me. I was like whatever dude. So then I slow down and HE slows down. So I speed up and same thing. He then starts weaving into my lane like he is going to hit me. I am like WHAT is your gig you idiot! First you expect me to pull out in FRONT of oncoming traffic ON a red light and then you get mad at me when I don't. Then you start SCREAMING at me. You crazy lunatic. So I put my phone up to my ear and motioned to him that I was calling the cops and then he really starts coming at me. I started freaking out cuz I was afraid he was going to follow me into the restaurant parking lot but luckily he didn't. IF he would have slowed down or pulled up enough for me to get his license number I WOULD have called the cops on him but I never was able to. SHEESH!

But anyway that really got me riled up but anyway I finally calmed down and met mom and we called the DL hotel operator and we had been looking into the DL hotel but when we called a few weeks ago it was like 200 something a night but apparently in just this short amount of time it had gone up so now we are staying at Paradise Pier. Honestly I wouldn't pay that much for just a room but mom really wants to stay "on property". SOOO that's where we are staying this time. It will be nice to be close to DTD for the nights we go to Napa Rose and Steakhouse 55! I have never stayed there nor have I even been IN that hotel so I am looking forward to it! We may have to get a cab though for the night of the meet and greet cuz I don't think mom can walk all that way LOL.

But that is one more thing done! So I am excited! One step closer! :)

OMG, Kelly, that is so scary! You should have just called 911.
And yay for booking your room! I booked my Hojo's room already, too.
Unfortunately, Marty's birthday is in the middle of our trip, so I'm not sure how I'm going to work that one just quite yet.

I love when we match to some extent. It really makes it easier to keep together and find each other in the parks. I will go with whatever anyone picks!!

Red worked, but so would any others!!! I am not much of a t shirt person, other than when at the parks, so loved getting a red polo last year. It worked.

FOr the anti-tye die people, you could do a minimal tye-dye type look with a mickey stencil and either spray inside the stencil or outside it.

The black or brown shirts could be made the same way with the castle outline or mickey with spray glitter paint.

uh oh, there I go all crafty again.

AMY Oh, and I love the pirate/princess design. Like it much better than somethng cutesie!!!

I love red, and will happily wear it. I think it looks sharp and shows confidence.

I'm not a huge design type person either, and honestly didn't do the tink shirt last year. I ended up wearing a plain white shirt. I just couldn't get into it. (Half the problem was that I didn't want to iron on, and the men's shirt choked me.)

I'm more than happy to do whatever you all decide. If you all decide to do the pirate princess design, I will do my best to get the wording how we like it. I can not do much with the design though. I know when it was mentioned before several folks kept asking for different changes to be made to the design, but I just can't change it. I'm not that good. So, that's my warning about it. I love it, but really only the wording can be customized.

Definitely count me in for Steakhouse 55.

I have had that chorizo burrito and let me just say it was sinfully delicious and easily shared. Half of it with half of a side of fruit would be perfect and I am a pretty big eater. I hope it's open on a Monday - I really want to eat there. It's elegant and fairly quiet, us Diva's could take the place over!:laughing:

I know some of us are not wearing tie-dye (...me...), but would be up for a solid color shirt with a swatch or patch of tie-dye. Does anyone know what I mean?

My mom and I are getting ones like this
il_430xN.79991379.jpg

I only prefer to "buy" a shirt because my printer is really old and while it still prints black and white just fine it doesn't really print color stuff well. It makes lines through all the pictures really badly and I would hate to waste the iron on transfers trying to get it right. Not to mention the last time I tried to do an iron on when Shane was in Iraq it wrinkled up on me and was crooked and I REALLY would prefer NOT to do it on a t-shirt where it had to look "good" if you know what I mean LOL. I did it on some pillow cases for shane when he was deployed and if it was crooked it was no big deal. But I would hate to buy a shirt and then if it was messed up then the shirt AND the transfers are wasted. That is why I would rather just have one made.

il_430xN.79991379.jpg

You're getting the shirts from Cassie?? Cute! I'm getting a similar one, but it will be brown and pink, like I had posted before. I think it's good because it's a bit tie dye, but not in your face hippie tie dye (no offense to those who like the in your face tie dye :hippie:)

Hi Shirley, welcome!! I'm sure you'll fit in just fine and you don't sound crazy to me :thumbsup2 Big hugs on what you're going through. I know it must be so difficult.......

FWIW - I like the red shirts and I think they're perfect for doing the PFF. I found the red really easy to find people in my group. I'm not a fan of wearing red personally, but I'll do it with the group :yay:

I also like the idea of the group shirt being brown or black with something simple like the castle outlined in glitter (I'm a glitter girl too!)

Okay, the shirt is really cute.....but, I just want the body and the tata's! I guess you are getting to know me now!

Speaking of crazy people in a car...my 3 week old car that I have not even made a payment had to be towed to the body shop. This 89 year old man did not even stop and yield at a roundabout and plowed into me at 35 mph. I am so upset right now. I now have a rental car and hate it! It feels like a big boat compared to my car. We went to get the rental car and I cried all the way home. I think that it finally hit me that my new car was gone for quite awhile. It is a MINI Cooper Clubman and the parts will most likely have to come from europe. It is pretty bad. I am hoping that I can just get a brand new car instead of patching this one up!

Well, I am off to take some Motrin and get some sleep. Hopefully I will wake up tomorrow with a better take on this.

Daisy

You're getting the shirts from Cassie?? Cute! I'm getting a similar one, but it will be brown and pink, like I had posted before. I think it's good because it's a bit tie dye, but not in your face hippie tie dye (no offense to those who like the in your face tie dye :hippie:)

I think I may copy you Theresa.

Okay, the shirt is really cute.....but, I just want the body and the tata's! I guess you are getting to know me now!

Speaking of crazy people in a car...my 3 week old car that I have not even made a payment had to be towed to the body shop. This 89 year old man did not even stop and yield at a roundabout and plowed into me at 35 mph. I am so upset right now. I now have a rental car and hate it! It feels like a big boat compared to my car. We went to get the rental car and I cried all the way home. I think that it finally hit me that my new car was gone for quite awhile. It is a MINI Cooper Clubman and the parts will most likely have to come from europe. It is pretty bad. I am hoping that I can just get a brand new car instead of patching this one up!

Well, I am off to take some Motrin and get some sleep. Hopefully I will wake up tomorrow with a better take on this.

Daisy

Oh no! That's a total bummer, and I'm so sorry that happened to you!

il_430xN.79991379.jpg

This is super cute Sarah!!

Hi Shirley welcome!

I have my laptop back finally from Dell!

How is everyone?

Cheryl it sounds like you and Dawn are having an amazing time this week.
How is fondue? I have always wanted to try the melting pot but just haven't yet.

School starts on Monday. I am so excited!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter