Gift Baskets by Shirley!!! We need ideas and pictures!!!

just posting that last week I corresponded with Shirley over a basket for my daughter's birthday for next Easter's cruise.

I emailed over the weekend and had a response waiting for me Monday morning. We went back and forth about 3 times via email. She was very pleasant and easy to work with and I will be following up with her towards the end of Feb next year to work out our details.

So sorry, the previous poster did not have good experience, though.

Misunderstanding, miscommunications and a number of things can go wrong in any type of business...I have been shopping, making, delivering to the cruise ships now for almost 13 years and in those years, there have been very little issues...2 gift baskets were "lost" on July 5th when the Magic stopped here. the guest were on the ship but the gift baskets were never delivered....I will pick them up when the Magic gets here at the end of this month, but the items sent, will have to be thrown away...I can ONLY imagine what the chocolate strawberries look like after being on the ship for 3 weeks, but other perisable that were in it...I took full responsibility even though it wasn't my fault...I am NOT perfect and neither is the shop, but I do stand up to responsibility... I have had a few customers that I knew everything was right, but wanted their monies back and even though I knew I was right, I did so...
On a note, many of you know that I lost my brother and my niece and my mind hasn't been in full control so please if you feel that your needs are not being met, please drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com and I promise, I will look at my spam much closer... I get over 50 or so pieces of mail a day and a number of those are just junk so I delete or do not look at the spam which usually has about 75 pieces...am I that popular:)
Again many apologizes to those that feel they didn't get my attention as quickly as it should have been.
Much love always
Shirley

snelsonbrown said:
Misunderstanding, miscommunications and a number of things can go wrong in any type of business...I have been shopping, making, delivering to the cruise ships now for almost 13 years and in those years, there have been very little issues...2 gift baskets were "lost" on July 5th when the Magic stopped here. the guest were on the ship but the gift baskets were never delivered....I will pick them up when the Magic gets here at the end of this month, but the items sent, will have to be thrown away...I can ONLY imagine what the chocolate strawberries look like after being on the ship for 3 weeks, but other perisable that were in it...I took full responsibility even though it wasn't my fault...I am NOT perfect and neither is the shop, but I do stand up to responsibility... I have had a few customers that I knew everything was right, but wanted their monies back and even though I knew I was right, I did so...
On a note, many of you know that I lost my brother and my niece and my mind hasn't been in full control so please if you feel that your needs are not being met, please drop me a note at snelsonbrown@aol.com and I promise, I will look at my spam much closer... I get over 50 or so pieces of mail a day and a number of those are just junk so I delete or do not look at the spam which usually has about 75 pieces...am I that popular:)
Again many apologizes to those that feel they didn't get my attention as quickly as it should have been.
Much love always
Shirley

It is this type of customer service that keeps us with Disney! I appreciate both negative and positive reviews of companies and you, Shirley, clearly stand by your service! I am sorry for your personal loss, although I have not ordered through you in the past, it will be your company that I contact first in the future when I have the need!

It is this type of customer service that keeps us with Disney! I appreciate both negative and positive reviews of companies and you, Shirley, clearly stand by your service! I am sorry for your personal loss, although I have not ordered through you in the past, it will be your company that I contact first in the future when I have the need!

thanks so much, but it was my error...I ordered a regular Barbie doll instead of a Pocket Polly Belle....my customer will be refunded that expense. Everything else that was sent, was good and the fact that she donated the doll to a good cause, was a very warm and kind gesture which I am grateful for so in the end, all is well...

Again Kevin is my right hand for I run this "ship" alone and sometimes, my thoughts aren't completely in tune with the body as it happens with everyone time to time...that is why I say neither the shop or I are "Perfect"...

I don't mind any negative and positive reviews for that it how should be...that is what this world is all about..

Much love always
Shirley

Check us out on facebook for there are some interesting articles there you may enjoy....

Just emailed Shirley for our cruise in Oct. Surprising my hubby with a basket for his first cruise. :cool1: So Excited!!

I want to add and been meaning to do so that if anyone that goes to the Dispod Welcome Center right next door, to please stop by the shop and lets meet also I now have a piano here at the shop so pleeeeeeeease if you play, you have to stop by and seranade me :D...nope don't play the piano but love to hear folks play it...We had a gentleman from Ireland stop by yesterday and I would have paid him to play longer...
His playing was phenomenon...come to find out he was a professional piano player...
Yep the shop and I were blessed with beautiful music for a little while...anyhow stop by to see us ok?
thanks and love ya a bunch...honest :D

Hey Shirley, we are crusing out of Galveston, do you send baskets to other ports? If not do you know someone that does send baskets to the Galveston port?

:):)
Hey Shirley, we are crusing out of Galveston, do you send baskets to other ports? If not do you know someone that does send baskets to the Galveston port?

I see you also have a Princess Sophia...my great granddaughter is really convinced she is the only one that exist:):)

Anyhow I am sorry to say that I do not know of anyone in the Galveston area that does gift baskets....Since 9-11, many rules have changed and ports are high security...I know we had to be badged for not only for the port but for the Federal Gov't also with background checks all the way back to when you was first birthed...its good though because I rather have all that security regardless of what it takes, to make sure all are safe...

If I ever find someone, I will post it ASAP...I am going to do a little checking and again if I find someone, I will post it.

Thanks so much for taking the time to ask and wish I could have been more help :sad2:

Just wanted to update that Shirley did find my email, and replied. She was gracious and I appreciate her apology for the problem we had with communication that led to the main focus of the basket being an incorrect item. I did not ask for a refund of any type, only wished to make her aware of the communication issue.

She is correct, as I told her in my email, we did donate the incorrect items to a charity in Costa Maya. We already had toys for donation for the children there (we like to help the children when go places and know of organizations that take donations), so the items were not wasted. I was just disappointed that the items I had desired for the main focus of the basket were somehow lost in translation.

All is good now, and seeing from the past how Shirley is not just an owner, but also an active person in her company, was why we went with Perfect Gift originally. I am pleased that my email finally turned up and Shirley was understanding of the problem we had. I would not hesitate to try and order from her again, and just may for next summer's cruise!

Hey Shirley!

I just saw some of the cruise baskets you have done for Christmas :santa: in the past will you be having one with a Christmas tree like arrangement? I purchased a Disney one in the past but I love your baskets :thumbsup2 more they have more of a personal touch! :hug:
Please let me know

Thanks
Jenny

Hey Shirley!

I just saw some of the cruise baskets you have done for Christmas :santa: in the past will you be having one with a Christmas tree like arrangement? I purchased a Disney one in the past but I love your baskets :thumbsup2 more they have more of a personal touch! :hug:
Please let me know

Thanks
Jenny

Jenny can I first ask you as to where "the great white north is"? I was just curious maybe Alaska???

Anyhow yes we will be carrying the Christmas Tree this year...Last year they were really cute and had a mixture of Disney and misc ornaments on them with fresh greens to give the rooms that "Christmas" smell...every year our Holiday baskets are different in fact just started ordering them...can you believe already ordering for Christmas....crazy:scared1: - also due to the death of Thomas Kinkade this year, we will be carrying his Christmas items which we have been doing for the past 12 years, but it appears due to his death, this year's will be a real collection item...I will be posting it on my facebook and you can check on the link below my name and it will take you right to it so you can see it...its really a pretty item and it lights up.

Anyhow as it gets closer like after Halloween and before Thanksgiving, we will be posting the pictures.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write and have a great day or whatever is left of it :)
As always
With love
Shirley

Jenny can I first ask you as to where "the great white north is"? I was just curious maybe Alaska???

Anyhow yes we will be carrying the Christmas Tree this year...Last year they were really cute and had a mixture of Disney and misc ornaments on them with fresh greens to give the rooms that "Christmas" smell...every year our Holiday baskets are different in fact just started ordering them...can you believe already ordering for Christmas....crazy:scared1: - also due to the death of Thomas Kinkade this year, we will be carrying his Christmas items which we have been doing for the past 12 years, but it appears due to his death, this year's will be a real collection item...I will be posting it on my facebook and you can check on the link below my name and it will take you right to it so you can see it...its really a pretty item and it lights up.

Anyhow as it gets closer like after Halloween and before Thanksgiving, we will be posting the pictures.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write and have a great day or whatever is left of it :)
As always
With love
Shirley

Hey Shirley,

My Great White North is Alberta, Canada! Our local joke is it's either Winter or Construction season! (Which is true :rotfl2: ) I've purchased the Pirates Basket last year and my family loved it! pirate: We have 2 cabins on the first Christmas on the Disney Fantasy! so I want to do something special!!!

:santa: I will keep an eye on facebook for the pictures!

I am so excited!!!

Thanks Jenny.:joker:

Hey Shirley,

My Great White North is Alberta, Canada! Our local joke is it's either Winter or Construction season! (Which is true :rotfl2: ) I've purchased the Pirates Basket last year and my family loved it! pirate: We have 2 cabins on the first Christmas on the Disney Fantasy! so I want to do something special!!!

:santa: I will keep an eye on facebook for the pictures!

I am so excited!!!

Thanks Jenny.:joker:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH ok that explains it...long story made short...back in the early 40's my sister married at 15 to a Canadian young man who she met when he was visiting with his unit in Key West and they moved to Ontario, Canada which to the entire family, that seems like a foreign place on the planet..knew nothing about Canada...my sister joined the Canadian Army at the age of 16 (she looked older and she lied about her age and got away with it) when she first arrived in Ontario, she was almost 16 years old, had never been in "big" place and found herself surround with white heavy stuff, and so cold she couldn't get herself warm...she thought that by joining the army, she would be able to come home...wrong!!! Her unit found out she had only been 16 when she joined, discharged and she came home...she was gone 3 years away from home, she was my hero and so thankful she came home...She LOVED Canada, Loved the people she worked and played with, but her comment was I hope I never live anywhere that cold or see snow again.. :lmao: Here it is 70 years later and I still tease her about her first experience with cold and snow...Anyhow just wanted to share a little tidbit..
I,myself, have never seen snow ...BUT it is on my bucket list that someday...maybe :)
Hugsssssssssssss
PS Looking forward to working with you again :woohoo:

This is very late to the party, as it was in October, but...

2011-09-25_14-07-40_500.jpg

The one to the left with the Twizzlers was a gift basket we had Shirley do for the concierge staff on the Dream. It had gatorade, all sorts of candies, cookies, & salty snacks. The kettle chips and gatorade were especially big hits. I'm sure they were just making a fuss, but by all indications (big hugs rather than a polite smile), the basket was extremely well received!

P.S. Shirley, have you done any deliveries mid-cruise for the Magic when it has its port day in Port Canaveral (after sailing down from NYC)? I wasn't sure if you could only make deliveries on embarkation days?

P.S. Shirley, have you done any deliveries mid-cruise for the Magic when it has its port day in Port Canaveral (after sailing down from NYC)? I wasn't sure if you could only make deliveries on embarkation days?[/QUOTE

Hello,
Yep we sure do...the only difference (which I was NOT informed about) on the manifest, I have to list that you are on board and that is the only difference...We do gift baskets all the time for the Magic...so when you are ready, just give us a call at 800-950-4559.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write and ask.
Much hugssss always
Shirley

This is very late to the party, as it was in October, but...

2011-09-25_14-07-40_500.jpg

The one to the left with the Twizzlers was a gift basket we had Shirley do for the concierge staff on the Dream. It had gatorade, all sorts of candies, cookies, & salty snacks. The kettle chips and gatorade were especially big hits. I'm sure they were just making a fuss, but by all indications (big hugs rather than a polite smile), the basket was extremely well received!

Yep I remember making these...thanks so much for sharing and glad they were a big hit :thumbsup2

based on this thread, i've started a list for myself so that i have some ideas in mind for what should be included when i call Shirley in September :)

Well I posted about having a piano here at the shop and noone and I mean noone has even mention about coming in and serenading me....ok I will find a corner and just sulk :(
Just kidding of course but the invitation is open and honest, I will even give you a box of chocolates, drinks, snacks if you will :D

Well I posted about having a piano here at the shop and noone and I mean noone has even mention about coming in and serenading me....ok I will find a corner and just sulk :(
Just kidding of course but the invitation is open and honest, I will even give you a box of chocolates, drinks, snacks if you will :D

We will come by August 9th, I'm confident my 6 year old would be happy to bang on the keys.:lmao: Although I'm confident it won't be as pleasant sounding as the Irish gentleman.

Can't wait to check out the Disboard merchandise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter