• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Gift Baskets by Shirley!!! We need ideas and pictures!!!

Me too! Shirley - i sent you an e-mail. Can you let me know if you got it??

Thanks so much!!

Me three! I emailed Shirley on Sunday and have not heard back. We're not cruising until President's Day weekend, but we need A LOT of baskets, so I wanted to get going. I'm assuming she's away....:confused3

I called recently as well for our Nov. 27 cruise, twice, and both times was told that the person was alone and she took my number to call have someone call me back. But, no calls... :confused3 I imagine she is away or swamped, so was wondering whether e-mail would be better.

I don't have pics as I just ordered today, but for our First Anniversary cruise on December 12, I called and ordered a basket today. I limited it to $100 +tax& delivery so my total was $121. The things to be included:
-Flowers (with purple as that is DW's favorite color)
-Tote
-Chocolate
-Snacks

I figured I would do any alcohol on my own.

Thanks Melody for taking the order and helping with my ideas!

Loving all the pictures!

Shirley (or anyone who has this need), do you do vegan gift baskets? Also, what's the time frame for ordering, we'll be cruising in March.

They were backed up I think. Got my call and order taken for two birthday baskets for me DDs on our upcoming cruise. Very nice, and linked so I only have one delivery charge. Very excited.

Loving all the pictures!

Shirley (or anyone who has this need), do you do vegan gift baskets? Also, what's the time frame for ordering, we'll be cruising in March.
I can't speak for The Perfect Gift but I would imagine if you asked for vegan items (like Oreos, etc) they would be able to get them. They seem to be open to your requests!

This sounds like a great idea - but what items would you guys ask to be put in a basket for two 11 year olds for their birthday?

Here are some of the things I was thinking of asking for in the basket for my 10 y/o:
baseball cap (maybe a white or light colored one that can be autographed)
one of those metal water bottles (Disney has some cute ones)
a beach towel
picture frame
flip flops
snorkel set
journal and pen for note-taking during the trip (teachers love it when kids journal while on vacation!)
disposable cameras
small kite
instead of a basket or sand pail, I was thinking of asking for a re-useable tote bag as the base of the gift.

HTH!
-Hillary

I placed my order last week for our upcoming cruise, not sure who I talked to, but they were VERY helpful as I was looking for ideas.

I wanted one bag for all 4 of us from Mickey...a tote bag is the container. We are putting in magazines (one for each - Disney Pixie for DD, Sports Illustrated Kids for DS, Sports Illustrated for DH and People for me), 4 bottles of water, some candy for the kids for movies/shows...and now I'm drawing a blank on what else! Guess we will all be surprised when we get it.

Just over 2 weeks to go! :thumbsup2

I called recently as well for our Nov. 27 cruise, twice, and both times was told that the person was alone and she took my number to call have someone call me back. But, no calls... :confused3 I imagine she is away or swamped, so was wondering whether e-mail would be better.

Hello Jaurban - I was so darn sorry - when you called, I was alone - Norm was at the doctors, my assistant was at the doctor's with her mom and one of my kids was having a homesick meltdown AND I just felt overwhelmed for the moment.
thanks for the patience - it meant a lot to me
Just me

Hi Shirley - Sounds like you have been extra busy lately so :grouphug:

Can you please let me know if you received my e-mail? I sent it on 11/2/10. Thanks!!

Hello Jaurban - I was so darn sorry - when you called, I was alone - Norm was at the doctors, my assistant was at the doctor's with her mom and one of my kids was having a homesick meltdown AND I just felt overwhelmed for the moment.
thanks for the patience - it meant a lot to me
Just me

You know, absolutely no problem. Melody took care of me and we are all squared away. I know what it is like not to get to things, so no worries.

Thanks!

hi shirley

im cruising in jan 2011 on my first cruise- its also my honeymoon with the new DH (married in september).

Id really like to surprise him (and me) with a basket. What info would you need? Am i too early to order?

Thanks
Michelle

Hi Shirley - Sounds like you have been extra busy lately so :grouphug:

Can you please let me know if you received my e-mail? I sent it on 11/2/10. Thanks!!

My Norm is dealing with an aneurysm in his stomach wall that has increased some and that has had me crazy - anyhow when I get to the shop tomorrow, I will look in my print outs and see what notes I left for myself - IF not, can you please be so kind to resend it to me?

Thanks a bunch for I have been loco lately :dance3:

hi shirley

im cruising in jan 2011 on my first cruise- its also my honeymoon with the new DH (married in september).

Id really like to surprise him (and me) with a basket. What info would you need? Am i too early to order?

Thanks
Michelle

Hello Michelle - its best you call me at the shop at 800-950-4559 and all kinds of suggestions we can come up with to share with you - you can call anytime and will be more than happy to chat with you - thanks so much for all the faith that everyone has in me and the shop - without you, we wouldn't be
always
Shirley:worship: each of you :)

emailed shirley the other day and have ordered a basket for DH and I for our Jan 30th honeymoon cruise. Im having such a hard time keeping the secret from him!! I dont know how much detail to give Shirley, but basically just asked her for a tote bag, 2 cups for the drinks station and a bottle of wine- the rest is up to her to surprise us. I also let her know our favorite disney characters. Based on everyones' rave reviews here, I think im going to leave it at that and trust her to come up with something great for us first time cruisers :)

Hi all....checking in to see if there's more photos- but giving this thread a bump since I had a hard time finding it!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter