getting to know us 11/20

Discussion in 'The Creative Community' started by party of 3, Nov 20, 2008.

1. party of 3

party of 3 <font color=royalblue>i can't believe that i will

wanna play again? hope it's ok deb if i start this for us today.

so since it was my bday yesterday lets talk cake!

do you prefer frosting or whipped cream???

and when you think birthday cake what do you think???

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. party of 3

party of 3 <font color=royalblue>i can't believe that i will

i'll start....

i LOVE frosting!!!!! so this is a no brainer for me!

i think white cake, white REAL bakery frosting!!!!

LOVE IT! (said like Weezy on dragon tails!)

4. AlexWyattMommy

AlexWyattMommy <font color=deeppink>Okay, here I am, out of high

I like store bought cakes because I can't make those fancy roses or other shapes with all that buttercreme icing.
    I prefer the buttercreme over the whipped. The whipped seems to melt -ick.
    The color/flavor of the cake part itself itsn't a big deal. I just need a corner piece with all the icing. :thumbsup2

5. YoYoAurora

YoYoAurora Someday, my tags will come

I love buttercream frosting! I think I gained 10 pounds when I took cake decorating!:scared1:

My Aunt used to bake me (from scratch) a german chocolate cake for my birthday every year. Yummy! :cloud9:

6. PrincessNancy96

PrincessNancy96 Scrapbook Mom Moderator

I'm a buttercreme girl!!!
    Love it!!! :)

I must have a corner piece and all the leftover icing from the other served pieces!!!

7. rlovew

rlovew Moderator Moderator

Definately buttercream for me!

Rebecca

8. WDWMom

WDWMom DIS Veteran

Buttercream here too. My mom used to make it from scratch and now I have the recipe too. Only DD and I prefer it. The guys like the yucky, sugary crap from the store.

My favorite it chocolate cake with buttercream frosting. Yum, Heaven.

9. disneynut14

disneynut14 BeastFan

I like ICING. You know the gritty sugary kind. The grittier the better. I also prefer canned to home made. I won't even eat a cake if it has whipped cream topping. I say topping because I don't really think of it as frosting.

A birthday cake to me is either store bought or home made. It has lots of layers (which means more frosting of course) and has good sugary frosting. I am partial to the vanilla, vanilla combo. :)

10. aroyer

aroyer <font color=green>I am shy, but once you get know

Cake is my absolute favorite dessert (unless it's my mom's Whoopie Pies). I haven't met a cake or frosting I didn't like! :thumbsup2

11. ddavis860

ddavis860 <font color=magenta>My dream job is to be the Fair

I took cake decorating way back when, because I wanted to make my wedding cake. So, after that I kind of became the cake lady in the family...you know how that goes...

Anyway, my personal fav is golden vanilla cake with my buttercream frosting. I use a modified Betty Crocker cookbook recipe. It's yummy and creamy, but holds up the the decorating tips.

now I know I'm making cuppycakes for the desserts party and sweets party next week....YUMMY :goodvibes

And no I don't mind others starting the thread, I was kind of hoping we would be taking turns :teeth:

12. DisneyIsTerrific

DisneyIsTerrific DIS Veteran

I :lovestruc cake!!! I prefer buttercream frosting over whipped cream except on the black forrest cake my DH makes. It has buttercream on the inside, but the outside is frosted in whipped cream and it's perfect!!

For my birthday, I always want a chocolate cake with chocolate icing.

13. JandJ

JandJ <font color=darkorchid>If I close my mind in fear

Only buttercream frosting for cakes (whipped cream is for pies and Jello).

I took a couple cake decorating classes and just like a PP said, now I'm the "cake lady" among family and friends :goodvibes I really enjoy it and cupcakes are my favorite things to decorate.

To me, birthday cake is either my homemade butter cake or fudge cake with homemade buttercream frosting. Except for my own birthday - that has to be store bought marble cake with fudge filling and mocha-buttercream frosting. I won't make my own birthday cake and that cake tastes so good!

14. BernardandMissBianca

BernardandMissBianca <font color=red>I just love a dancing banana!<br>< Moderator

buttercream here too.
    I like chocolate cake or marble, typically store bought because I don't have much time to make cake. My friends mom makes Red Velvet cake for her b'day, I like that but 1 time a year is all I can stand. Chiile's husband makes a pretty good jello cake, but it's not wiggly jello. I think they add the powder to something else but it's super super sweet.

I did make a Princess cake for my goddaughter a few years ago, it was sooo cute!

I tried to make my wedding cake, omg what a nightmare!! The cake started falling apart around 2am, no one told me I needed to freeze it before I frosted it. Needless to say that was not fun, but DH found a cake maker that made us a cake in 2 hours.

15. Raenstoirm

Raenstoirm DIS Veteran

Chocolate cake with canned whipped white or vanilla frosting. I could eat that stuff right from the jar and I have during weak moments!
    Although I :lovestruc :love: my Aunts ice cream cakes. They are two layers of cake, a layer of ice cream in between and this icing made from cool whip and pudding. They are to die for!

16. New England Eeyore

New England Eeyore <font color=purple>Bradley Whitford and Rob Lowe a

I love cake, but I am a boxed mix and frosting kind of girl. I hate supermarket cakes, and even dislike most bakery cakes. Duncan Hines all the way for me.

My typical birthday cake is yellow cake with chocolate frosting.

17. hopemax

hopemax Note to Self:

I love the sugary icing from a store. Chocolate cake with lots of white sugary icing, with sprinkles. Better if it is a layer cake, with raspberry filling. When, I was elementary school age, my Mom used to make wedding/birthday/shower cakes for her co-workers at Sears to make extra money. She always made buttercream, and my Dad and everyone loved it. But not me. :rotfl:

However, my usual birthday cake is an ice cream cake from Dairy Queen.

18. JohnsonsLoveDisney

JohnsonsLoveDisney DIS Veteran

Both!! Prefer buttercream but will take the Whipped kind occasionally.

But I do have to say Pink Champange is my ultimate favorite,:lovestruc frosting and cake. So light and fluffy and pink. haha. We have it for most adult bday parties, i even had it for my wedding cake. Only one baker around here makes it. Its a secret recipe or something.

19. Michellepooh

Michellepooh DIS Veteran

I love sugary sweet frostings!!! I despise whipped cream on cake. Even worse is that "Bettercreme" stuff that some supermarkets use on their cakes. :scared: That stuff is so gross it should be illegal! Don't mess with my cake, and while you're at it, give me a corner piece! ;)

A love of cake is definitely genetic. On his first birthday, DS#1 ate an entire cake himself!! I got him one of those small 4" cakes for him to smash, etc. like a typical one year old does. Nope, not him. He sat there and very methodically proceded to eat the entire thing!!!! People are still amazed by it years later.

20. Rora

Rora <font color=darkorchid>I'm the needy, sexy Unicorn

Buttercream icing here! Although occasionally I do like whipped icing.

I like any flavor as long as there's no fruit in it!

21. MomOf2DisneyKids

MomOf2DisneyKids <font color=9966ff>Scrapbook mommy<br><font color=

I love white cake with buttercream frosting on it, but mainly from one particular grocery store.
    I have been known to take a tub of choc frosting and dip pretzels in it....yum-o!