• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting Skisney for Disney May 2013 PTR 4/11: Day 1 Plan

Your trip sounds great, and your kids are just adorable! My mom and my aunt love to pin trade, I feel like we stop every ten feet to look at more pins. :lmao: I don't know about pin "etiquette," but I know the green lanyards that CMs wear are "kids only" lanyards, meaning that they only trade with kids so that the kids have a chance to get good pins. So if you see a CM with a green lanyard, you and the kids will have to make a beeline for them! :cool1:

I'm loving this thread! I leave in exactly 40 days, on April 19th and I'm trying to lose ten more pounds before we hit the road. I lose a few and then they come back, but I think it's because I'm working out and gaining muscle. Lol.

Last year I lost 25 pounds, and I've lost 50 since my peak weight, and I'm hoping to lose another 20 this year. I feel comfortable with myself as I am now, but I'd love to really feel skinny and fit for once! Haha. So I'm still following my weight loss plan (I use MyFitnessPal and try to eat things I enjoy, within reason) while focusing on working out and building muscle and reducing my body fat percentage.

Everyone's progress so far and determination to "just keep swimming" has been so inspiring already! I would love to join you all, if it's not too late! Maybe if I have some accountability on the DIS, I can meet my goal! :cool1:

I have been out of pocket this past week or so because I have been in court and trials every day since 2/28...

I am happy to report that after back and forth since 1/15, I have *finally* lost TEN POUNDS!!!!!

So I am T ~10. Phew. I haven't worked out much this past week either because I had a nasty cold but I am back at it tomorrow.

Getting super excited about our trip. Almost to the 60 day mark! Crunch time!
Congratulations!pixiedust: I've always found that 10 lbs to be the turning point in weight loss. That's when you can start telling it in your body a little and a few people start noticing. Please send me some of that motivation dust!!
Your trip sounds great, and your kids are just adorable! My mom and my aunt love to pin trade, I feel like we stop every ten feet to look at more pins. :lmao: I don't know about pin "etiquette," but I know the green lanyards that CMs wear are "kids only" lanyards, meaning that they only trade with kids so that the kids have a chance to get good pins. So if you see a CM with a green lanyard, you and the kids will have to make a beeline for them! :cool1:

I'm loving this thread! I leave in exactly 40 days, on April 19th and I'm trying to lose ten more pounds before we hit the road. I lose a few and then they come back, but I think it's because I'm working out and gaining muscle. Lol.

Last year I lost 25 pounds, and I've lost 50 since my peak weight, and I'm hoping to lose another 20 this year. I feel comfortable with myself as I am now, but I'd love to really feel skinny and fit for once! Haha. So I'm still following my weight loss plan (I use MyFitnessPal and try to eat things I enjoy, within reason) while focusing on working out and building muscle and reducing my body fat percentage.

Everyone's progress so far and determination to "just keep swimming" has been so inspiring already! I would love to join you all, if it's not too late! Maybe if I have some accountability on the DIS, I can meet my goal! :cool1:
Welcome to our thread! I will update our roll call with your name. What do you want your t-minus to be? Congratulations on your stellar weight loss so far! You will be photobombing everything on this vacay!!

On my weight loss front, I haven't been doing a whole lot better but now I have even MORE reason to lose. I have to go to two awards banquets: one in two weeks (!) and one in June. I will be required to wear fancy clothes:groom: for both. I do have a dress that I would love to fit in for this March one and then I'd love to have an excuse to buy something new for June. So I did good on cals yesterday and am loading up with (calorie-free) hot tea today to stave off the hunger so I can keep it down. Like I said, I am coaching softball which requires me to actively participate since I am the coach/pitcher. And I will play ball with my daughter or walk two miles tonight as well. I always do better when I have a plan!!
Disney update coming soon...

Weigh in day and .....

T-24.6!

Feeling pretty great, keeping up with my exercise 4/5 days a week and eating clean. We are 51 days until vacation - I think I will be a -30 pounds by our trip!

Hope everyone is having a great week!:cool1:

Welcome to our thread! I will update our roll call with your name. What do you want your t-minus to be? Congratulations on your stellar weight loss so far! You will be photobombing everything on this vacay!!

Thanks! :goodvibes Since I'm starting on a new 20 pounds this year, we'll go with what I started at the beginning of this week. I'm down 1.6 pounds so far, so it's T -1.6 for me. :cool1: Not bad since I spent all day baking yesterday for a jewelry party I hosted last night. I was very proud of myself that I ate hardly anything bad. Haha. I have 37 more days to get at least another 8.4 pounds off. I can do it! ::yes::

Your plan sounds really good! The softball will definitely help, and nothing is a better motivator than new fancy clothes! :goodvibes

Weigh in day and .....

T-24.6!

Feeling pretty great, keeping up with my exercise 4/5 days a week and eating clean. We are 51 days until vacation - I think I will be a -30 pounds by our trip!

Hope everyone is having a great week!:cool1:

That's awesome!!!! Congrats!!!! :thumbsup2

It's pretty quiet on here this last week - hope everyone is doing ok! Happy first day of Spring - woke up this morning to another snow storm, kids have no school. It feels more like :santa:then Spring!

I am in full countdown mode - our trip is now 45 days away - sooooo close. We are all getting so excited.

AND, it's weigh in day and I am very happy to say that I am now T-25.4

Hope you are all having a great week where ever you are!

It's pretty quiet on here this last week - hope everyone is doing ok! Happy first day of Spring - woke up this morning to another snow storm, kids have no school. It feels more like :santa:then Spring!

I am in full countdown mode - our trip is now 45 days away - sooooo close. We are all getting so excited.

AND, it's weigh in day and I am very happy to say that I am now T-25.4

Hope you are all having a great week where ever you are!

CONGRATS!

It IS quiet in here this week. I've been super busy and in court and stuff. I also had a mini-meltdown over the weekend. I have been SOOOOO good for the last 2 months. I've only lost 10 pounds and I've worked so hard. I haven't lost too many inches, though I do feel less floppy, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I recommitted to strictness with food (no sugar, low refined carbs, lots of lean protein and veggies... lots and lots of water) and I'm already down 2 pounds this week (probably mostly water since I drank beer and ate crap over the weekend) so I'm back to
T -10 I ordered new workout clothes from Old Navy when they were having a little sale so that is nice.

My very very exciting news is this. I had booked AoA Cars suite for 5-17 to 5-25 (7 nights) at the CM Friends & Family room only discount of 40% off. There was no ticket or dining discount :sad2: but 40% off a family suite was still pretty awesome.

The CM did tell me to call back at 60, 45 and 30 days just to check on deeper discounts. Well, yesterday was 60 days (I checked in online!!!) and I called about the tickets (we had already determined that at full price, we would save about $150 paying OOP to eat as opposed to doing the regular DDP...) - the CM said there wasn't a current F&F discount on tickets, that most CMs go get the tickets for their party at Company D for 10% off (the problem being that the CM has to pay cash or use their own card...meaning we'd have to write her a big check...) So I told her we'd just hold off but she didn't happen to know anything about the DDP and any discounts?

WELL - there is NEW CM F&F deal and it is 50% off (certain) room rates AND 15% off the Dining Plan.... Um, YES PLEASE!!! For $roughly $600 more (because we got an extra 10% off the suite for a week AND 15% off the dining plan for 7 days) I added the dining plan for a week! Even if the tickets are full price, we are saving $1500 off the regular rack rate/Dining Plan/7 day base ticket package price. yippeeeeeeee :cheer2:

So - I got all super excited again. AND I need to make 2 more ADRs. Suggestions? This is what our week looks like (no Park Hopping)
Sat 5/18 - Epcot F&G - snack at booths or Tangerine Cafe or Sunshine seasons for lunch, Teppan Edo for dinner.
Sun 5/19 - DHS (SWW) - lunch at Backlot Express or ABC Commissary, dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In
Mon 5/20 - MK (RD) - no ADRs
Tues 5/21 - sleep in day, brunch at AoA Landscape of Flavors OR lunch at Earl of Sandwich at DTD, dinner at 1900 Park Faire, back to MK for fireworks, etc.
Wed 5/22 - Epcot - lunch somewhere CS and dinner at Ragland Road in DTD
Thurs 5/23 - Tusker House Breakfast - FTBBQ lunch ... pizza by the pool for dinner maybe
Fri 5/24 - Open to return to favorite park - no ADRs
Sat - 5/25 - Go home (maybe departing breakfast at O'Hana? or Cape May? or Chef Mickey's?)

CONGRATS!

My very very exciting news is this. I had booked AoA Cars suite for 5-17 to 5-25 (7 nights) at the CM Friends & Family room only discount of 40% off. There was no ticket or dining discount :sad2: but 40% off a family suite was still pretty awesome.

The CM did tell me to call back at 60, 45 and 30 days just to check on deeper discounts. Well, yesterday was 60 days (I checked in online!!!) and I called about the tickets (we had already determined that at full price, we would save about $150 paying OOP to eat as opposed to doing the regular DDP...) - the CM said there wasn't a current F&F discount on tickets, that most CMs go get the tickets for their party at Company D for 10% off (the problem being that the CM has to pay cash or use their own card...meaning we'd have to write her a big check...) So I told her we'd just hold off but she didn't happen to know anything about the DDP and any discounts?

WELL - there is NEW CM F&F deal and it is 50% off (certain) room rates AND 15% off the Dining Plan.... Um, YES PLEASE!!! For $roughly $600 more (because we got an extra 10% off the suite for a week AND 15% off the dining plan for 7 days) I added the dining plan for a week! Even if the tickets are full price, we are saving $1500 off the regular rack rate/Dining Plan/7 day base ticket package price. yippeeeeeeee :cheer2:

Wow - that's a great deal - we are at AoA in a Nemo suite from May 6-11th and would have loved to have gotten a deal like that! Keep your chin up with your wellness, I know that it's not easy.

CONGRATS!

It IS quiet in here this week. I've been super busy and in court and stuff. I also had a mini-meltdown over the weekend. I have been SOOOOO good for the last 2 months. I've only lost 10 pounds and I've worked so hard. I haven't lost too many inches, though I do feel less floppy, if that makes sense.

Anyway, I recommitted to strictness with food (no sugar, low refined carbs, lots of lean protein and veggies... lots and lots of water) and I'm already down 2 pounds this week (probably mostly water since I drank beer and ate crap over the weekend) so I'm back to
T -10 I ordered new workout clothes from Old Navy when they were having a little sale so that is nice.

So - I got all super excited again. AND I need to make 2 more ADRs. Suggestions? This is what our week looks like (no Park Hopping)
Sat 5/18 - Epcot F&G - snack at booths or Tangerine Cafe or Sunshine seasons for lunch, Teppan Edo for dinner.
Sun 5/19 - DHS (SWW) - lunch at Backlot Express or ABC Commissary, dinner at Sci-Fi Dine In
Tues 5/21 - sleep in day, brunch at AoA Landscape of Flavors OR lunch at Earl of Sandwich at DTD, dinner at 1900 Park Faire, back to MK for fireworks, etc.
Thurs 5/23 - Tusker House Breakfast - FTBBQ lunch ... pizza by the pool for dinner maybe
Sat - 5/25 - Go home (maybe departing breakfast at O'Hana? or Cape May? or Chef Mickey's?)

Oh how exciting!!
I'm very interested in your plans ... We're there (almost) the same time .... We arrive 18th May (evening) and leave 27th
At the Dolphin for a convention (convention is 23 to 26)
Never been before, so I'm trying to absorb as much info as possible. (Thanks)

I'm here!! I haven't even had time to CHECK this board OR plan my Disney trip very much. When my kids were small, this is what I did for fun!! Now I just haven't had much time but I hope to be on here a lot after Easter. Between softball (I coach and my kids play), t-ball, soccer, dance and getting to go to OK this weekend and having a big Easter egg hunt here next week, I can hardly see straight. (This IS resulting in me maintaining my T-). I plan on things calming down a bit on spring break! Because I have some interesting developments in the planning....teaser....I think I'm getting my mom for two days in Disney practically for free!!

Another week done - it's now only 34 days until our trip! It cannot get here soon enough.

Here's my update for this week: T-28.4!!

Happy Easter everyone!

CONGRATS!

Hmmm...Are you looking to do ADRs on your MK day on Monday? I think we're doing Ohana on Monday.
Oh how exciting!!
I'm very interested in your plans ... We're there (almost) the same time .... We arrive 18th May (evening) and leave 27th
At the Dolphin for a convention (convention is 23 to 26)
Never been before, so I'm trying to absorb as much info as possible. (Thanks)
It is SO much to take in, isn't it? This is my 7th time to go and I just now feel like I really have the lay of the land. I regret not being so prepared the first two times I went. It really does make a difference! I'm so excited for you. I love a rookie!!
Another week done - it's now only 34 days until our trip! It cannot get here soon enough.

Here's my update for this week: T-28.4!!

Happy Easter everyone!
:worship: You are the queen!! You had a big jump this week, didn't you? Oh that I could have some of that committedness!

Oh sheez! I was busy. Now that we have a handled some financial things and gotten Easter out of the way and most of soccer season, I finally have some time to sit down and obsess over WDW.
I have not lost a single pound over the past few weeks. In fact, I am scared to get on the scale. Being out of routine really screws with me. I feel like such a martyr when I'm being pulled in a thousand that I have a hard time with the self-denial thing. I know for a fact that the more boring my diet is (read: routine), the better I do. I'm hoping some more free time will help. Also, beautiful weather HAS to be around the corner and I do love to be outside when that happens.
Well, I have done so little where Disney is concerned that I'm going to have to plan how I'm going to plan. I did pay off the room/tickets on Monday so we should get some fun mail pretty soon. And we joined the Disney Movie Club because we FINALLY got a Blu-Ray player. So now we have lots of movies to watch on the way to Orlando! (Thanks Disney Blu-Ray/DVD combo pack!)
Another Disney prep thing I did was include a Disney gift card in the Easter Baskets of my small people.
Here is Wee (DS 4) checking out his Easter basket:
5257_10151521034024732_2135606171_n.jpg

And my Bigs (DD9 and DS8) checking out the amount ($25). Basically, they got the gift card and some chocolate.
543770_10151521034179732_835682520_n.jpg

I've shown Wee a few ride videos on youtube. He is so pumped. He told me at the soccer field on Saturday that he was "so, so 'cited 'bout Disney World." I am really looking forward to ALL of us riding Splash Mountain/Soarin'/ToT together!

But now, what I REALLY need to do is plan. I have so much to do that I have to put together a plan to plan for Disney, in other words, A Plan Plan.

1) Buy the dining Plan
2) Buy Park Hoppers
3) Figure out what parks we're going to be in each day
4) Devise touring plans
5) Plan CS meals
6) Evaluate spring/summer wardrobes of all family members and fill in the gaps (Wee will need an entire wardrobe!). I like soft, elastic-y clothes that are light-colored and light weight for myself and my peeps.
7) Reserve a hotel for our first night in Orlando
8) Pack:sick: That overwhelms me
9) Give our 7 year-old vehicle some love :love:(tune-up, detail...possibly new carpet)
10) Buy stuff for the 10 hour ride to and from WDW...this won't be as bad as in the past thanks to the advent of Kindles and Ipods and Innotabs
11) Restock my most favorite, treasured, darling flip-flops ever:
comfortthongs.jpg

Nike Comfort thongs! Want your feet to stay dry on wet rides (no wet socks?)? Do you want the lightness and coolness of flip-flops without the blisters they provide? Do you want the comfort of socks and tennis shoes? Then Nike Comfort thongs are for YOU!! I seriously wear them all day every day during the spring/summer/fall and go through two pairs a year. This advertisement not sponsored by Nike!:lmao:
Ok, I have a DS4 bombarding me with questions about something. I have two more pictures to add to this post if I can get Photobucket to cooperate. I'll be back soon!!

I have been away for a good long time and I did finally get back on the scale. It was scary and the results of not paying attention or rebelling are that I am T +10. So, now I have 25 to lose by August. That includes the 4 that I lost since I first got back on the scale on Sunday. It is scary, but accountability is good.

Have fun with all the planning.

But now, what I REALLY need to do is plan. I have so much to do that I have to put together a plan to plan for Disney, in other words, A Plan Plan.

1) Buy the dining Plan
2) Buy Park Hoppers
3) Figure out what parks we're going to be in each day
4) Devise touring plans
5) Plan CS meals
6) Evaluate spring/summer wardrobes of all family members and fill in the gaps (Wee will need an entire wardrobe!). I like soft, elastic-y clothes that are light-colored and light weight for myself and my peeps.
7) Reserve a hotel for our first night in Orlando
8) Pack:sick: That overwhelms me
9) Give our 7 year-old vehicle some love :love:(tune-up, detail...possibly new carpet)
10) Buy stuff for the 10 hour ride to and from WDW...this won't be as bad as in the past thanks to the advent of Kindles and Ipods and Innotabs
11) Restock my most favorite, treasured, darling flip-flops ever:

!!
This is almost exactly what we have to do, too!!!

I did add the dining plan (at a 15% CM friends and family discount, even! We weren't going to do it because when I priced it out it was a couple dollars cheaper ($50) just to eat Oop - but with 2 under 10 and the 15% discount it is going to save us $150+! Plus the convenience factor.)

We aren't doing PH - we will be there 8 days and I plan to do 7 day base. I feel like we can get to MK & Epcot at least 2 days each, and AK & DHS once and return to our fave on the last day. I can't justify the difference in price, especially since our meals are all planned around the visits.
I have done the which-park-to-visit plan, but still need and official "touring plan" - we got our free custom maps in the mail the other day. Gorgeous and exciting!

Idk what e will do about counter service - I have a "top 2-3" plan in each park and I guess we will just go with it ;)

I did just buy a bunch of Disney shirts at Walmart and Kmart for the super twins. (My DD is 7-almost-8 and DS is 8-almost-9, they aren't really twins, but they are the exact same size and weight. Crazy!) and I got DD some cute little scooter/skort short thingies (stretchy elasticity knit!) and DS has a Ton of athletic basketball type shorts. So I *think* we are ok. W are at 42 days!!! Ack! I am off work today and killing it with the laundry and cleaning out my closet to start packing - YAY! I know it is early but my kids still don't know so I gotta do it when they are not here.

The A/c in our family car is out. Ack. I gotta get it fixed before we go (it is a 2009!) but we are waiting on the tax refund to do it..should be here next week.

It's 8.5-9 hours for us, too. I gotta see about maybe borrowing a portable DVD player from someone. We have a ton of Disney movies but I cannot find some of them. I know I let my sister borrow some of them but Alladin is the one I am really missing!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I have been away for a good long time and I did finally get back on the scale. It was scary and the results of not paying attention or rebelling are that I am T +10. So, now I have 25 to lose by August. That includes the 4 that I lost since I first got back on the scale on Sunday. It is scary, but accountability is good.

Have fun with all the planning.
Ouch. I am at T+2.4. At least you have until August. I am at 5 weeks:scared1: The accountability does help.

This is almost exactly what we have to do, too!!!

I did add the dining plan (at a 15% CM friends and family discount, even! We weren't going to do it because when I priced it out it was a couple dollars cheaper ($50) just to eat Oop - but with 2 under 10 and the 15% discount it is going to save us $150+! Plus the convenience factor.)

We aren't doing PH - we will be there 8 days and I plan to do 7 day base. I feel like we can get to MK & Epcot at least 2 days each, and AK & DHS once and return to our fave on the last day. I can't justify the difference in price, especially since our meals are all planned around the visits.
I have done the which-park-to-visit plan, but still need and official "touring plan" - we got our free custom maps in the mail the other day. Gorgeous and exciting!

Idk what e will do about counter service - I have a "top 2-3" plan in each park and I guess we will just go with it ;)

I did just buy a bunch of Disney shirts at Walmart and Kmart for the super twins. (My DD is 7-almost-8 and DS is 8-almost-9, they aren't really twins, but they are the exact same size and weight. Crazy!) and I got DD some cute little scooter/skort short thingies (stretchy elasticity knit!) and DS has a Ton of athletic basketball type shorts. So I *think* we are ok. W are at 42 days!!! Ack! I am off work today and killing it with the laundry and cleaning out my closet to start packing - YAY! I know it is early but my kids still don't know so I gotta do it when they are not here.

The A/c in our family car is out. Ack. I gotta get it fixed before we go (it is a 2009!) but we are waiting on the tax refund to do it..should be here next week.

It's 8.5-9 hours for us, too. I gotta see about maybe borrowing a portable DVD player from someone. We have a ton of Disney movies but I cannot find some of them. I know I let my sister borrow some of them but Alladin is the one I am really missing!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I think I'll go with you on the CS plan... have an idea of a top 2-3 in each park. That would be how I build flexibility into the plan. Haha. That's so cool that our kids are so similar in ages. I have DD9 and DS 8 and they ALWAYS get mistaken for twins. In fact, there COULD be some problems with DS8 being taller than DD9 in WDW...stay tuned for that!

Ok, I am so overwhelmed this time! I almost don't know where to begin... I don't think we've ever started a trip on a Saturday and that is throwing me for a loop. I've used Touring Plans in the past and have had lots of success planning my days, but to make things even more complicated, I've also been checking out Josh's suggestions on easyWDW. Now mix in the fact that it's the first week of Star Wars Weekends and the last weekend of Food and Garden Festival and my head is spinning.:confused3 Want even more craziness? There's a potential that my cousin may meet us in WDW for the weekend only. She has never been to WDW and if she does come, I really think we should make an effort to take her to see all the parks. So, I'm dealing with information overload here! Too many variables!

I think I'm going to follow my mantra from college whenever I had a big report to do...just do the title page...or in this case...Day 1 Travel Plans.

--DH and I have once again, like we ALWAYS do for trips, seriously toyed around with the idea of flying. Flying round trip for 5 people is a little too expensive for us (and truly, if I had that much money laying around, I'd use it to upgrade our hotel) but we have thought about flying in and renting a car on the way out (with a Florida drive-out deal...mini-vans are $30 a day). But we have decided that instead we are going to give our vehicle (some people call it a "van" but not me:crazy2:) some serious love and hope that adding 1400 miles to its already 123000 miles will not hurt it much more.
--DD9 has state testing on Thursday and DH will be working so the kids will go to school and I will pack up, gas up and clean and shine. I must have a clean house to come home to after vacation. A messy house can compound PDD (post-Disney depression) quickly.:sad:
--We will likely stay at Lake Buena Vista Resort again (cheap and nice and close to Disney). Driving time from where I live to Orlando is about 9 hours but I get to add in that lovely 1 hour loss because I crossed an imaginary line going east, so I must calculate 10 hours. I'll add another 30 minutes for stops (it will really be more than that but I know DH will drive slightly over the speed limit). If we want to be there by check-in time (let's say 3 pm), then we should leave by about 5 am in the morning. I think leaving this early will allow us to bypass any bad traffic on 1-10 through Mobile.
--Most likely, I'll have the small people sleep in comfy clothes the night before so they won't have to change in the morning and I'll pack us a lunch to save time on the way.
--Once we get to the hotel, we may go check out the really cool pirate pool or nap. In a perfect world, we'd go to Downtown Disney but I don't know how smart that is on a Friday night... Also, it depends on whether or not my cousin will be flying in...we'd have to go get her from MCO. We'll probably pick up a fast food supper somewhere...are there any fairly unique or yummy fast casual places I should try? I hate going to another city and eating something I can get in my own town... Our choices in town are pretty basic...Burger King, McD's, Sonic (can't do that...my husband runs one!!), Wendy's, Subway, Taco Bell...yada, yada, yada.
--In 2006 we tried a pizza place called Flippy's and it was pretty dang good. Maybe we'll try that again. There's a good chance we could go for some delivery!!

Just upgraded to Beach Club!!:cool1: DH got a fancy (unnecessary) new lawn mower so I get a fancy hotel. We'll it our anniversary gifts. Also planning on adding one more day to our tickets (for 7 days total) and staying offsite an additional 2 nights. This will be our LVE...Longest Vacation Ever!!

There's a really good pizza place that delivers to resort, Darn getting old, I can't remember the name. Someone help me out.

Denise

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter