Getting Skisney for Disney May 2013 PTR 4/11: Day 1 Plan

matkensgirl2000

Mouseketeer
Hello, you wonderful Dis-ers!! I am so glad to be back and planning a Disney trip for this year. We tried something else last summer and nothing quite measures up to a trip to WDW, does it? My DD turns 10 this year so we want to fit in a trip before she becomes a Disney adult. We have nothing set in stone yet and I am a little overwhelmed about visiting since our last trip in May 2011.

In the process of not going to Disney and not having anything to obsess over, I have gained a few pounds. If there's anytime I gladly pose for pics, it's in Disney and I refuse to be embarassed or hesitant about those pics because of a few pounds. Our Disney dates are tentatively set for May 18 which gives about 129 days (or 18.5 weeks) to lose some weight before our trip. Ideally, I would lose 2 lbs a week (or 37 lbs) by the time we left and if I did that, not only would I look good in pics, I would need a new wardrobe. But I'm aiming for at least 24, which would put me at my Disney lowest. So feel free to join me as I plan my trip and try to get back to the slim young thing I once was. I won't be posting my actual weight on here, but on Fridays, I'll post an official amount lost and an assessment of how I did that week along with my Disney planning. Seriously, planning the trip for me is as fun as actually going.

So, here we go again.......Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!:hyper:

I'm in!! We are going in March, and I really need a "Skisney" too! :rotfl2: I am just like you with the pics! Determined to make something happen before our trip!!

Can't wait to read along!!!

March Trip
StitchisOurHero T-2.0
Carolinamom: T+1
WildOrchid
Ranman1973
April
Enchanted
May Trip
Matkensgirl: T-1.6
lsenquiz: T-.5
Romegal: T-10
3Rouselings: T-22.2
Mykidsmom: T-0
blackrose9999: T-2
Lita:
June
ReelMom
July
indimom: T-4.6
August Trip
OregonMom: T+1
Momto3gr8boys: T-5.8
September
Denisea: T-2
January '14
kaylasue22:

Leave a one line reply if you want me to post your weigh-in! Way to go, you losers!! (The one time I WANT to be called a loser!!)

I am hoping to lose 8-10 before our trip (in ten weeks). I need to lose more than that, but that's my "hope" before the trip! Can't wait to see your plan! Have a fabulous Friday!!

I'm in. I would love to shed 26 pounds to goal weight. (I would love to be 10 under goal weight, so I can eat what I want and not worry about if I gain!) We are going end of August, so I am looking forward to see what your plan is. I am always the picture taker and it has worked in the past because I didn't really want my picture taken. Now that the kids are getting older, I want more pictures of me with them.

Well, I've been through this weight loss thing before and what has worked for me consistently is calorie counting. So I'm going to try to keep my calories to 1200-1500 a day. Exercise is going to be hard since it's winter (and very rainy here in the Deep South) but I have a plan. I'm really competitive, so I'm going to make it my goal to get the highest score on ALL our Just Dance games on the Wii, especially our Just Dance Disney. Talk about getting in the mood for Disney!!! It has Bibbiddi Bobbiddi Boo and Supercalifrajilisticexpealidocious on it. Those old Disney movies are just so full of magic for me...

I weighed myself yesterday and somehow, I am UP 2 lbs. What a way to start!!
On a motivation note, I saw a picture of myself on FB and I am so pumped at the prospect of looking like THAT again. If you want to see what I looked like for my first trip to Disney (senior trip in HS), check out my first PTR:

Every few days, I want to post how I'm doing on my diet and exercise and on Fridays an official weigh-in. I will NOT be posting my actual weight...we'll call my weight "T". So as of today, I'm at T+2lbs :sad2:

If you're losing weight for Disney or just trying to lose weight period, please feel free to join me. I'll be glad to cheer you on!!

Up next, I'm working on my WDW plans. We're doing things a little differently than we have in the past as far as booking but be assured that no matter how much weight I lose, I plan on indulging at Disney!!

We are also going in May (5-11th) and I have let myself go. I know I can't expect to be model thin by the time we leave but I would be very happy to shed 20 pounds (or more!) before our trip. I have started counting calories, and have been upping my exercise. I have found the my fitness pal website and I Phone Ap a great help and I am already down 8.2 pounds since December 30th. I would love to join you guys!

Love your plan!! It sounds like what I need to be doing as well--except adding in treadmill, since I don't have Just Dance. The Just Dance Disney would definitely keep me motivated!

Last week was our first week back to work from Christmas Break for me. It was crazy-stressful! I am a stress-eater, so I ate like it was no one's business. Thankfully, I didn't gain, but I sure didn't lose either. We are at 9 1/2 weeks out, so I need to be getting to it!

Today, I made it back to my treadmill. The eating-monitoring will start tomorrow. It's easier for me to eat right when I'm at work (because I'm limited to my stuff). I am going to weigh in tomorrow, so I'll know what my "T" is, and then my weigh-ins will be on Thursday. Thursdays are my favorite days, so maybe that'll keep me motivated!

I can't wait to read about your WDW plans! I have a PTR in my siggie with our plans in it, too! So much fun to plan! Good luck this week with calorie tracking and weight!! :banana:

I'm in. I would love to shed 26 pounds to goal weight. (I would love to be 10 under goal weight, so I can eat what I want and not worry about if I gain!) We are going end of August, so I am looking forward to see what your plan is. I am always the picture taker and it has worked in the past because I didn't really want my picture taken. Now that the kids are getting older, I want more pictures of me with them.
Exactly!! I've discovered the further I get away from taking a picture, the happier I am that I took it with them, no matter how I looked. And a major motivator for me is so I can eat what I want in Disney.

We are also going in May (5-11th) and I have let myself go. I know I can't expect to be model thin by the time we leave but I would be very happy to shed 20 pounds (or more!) before our trip. I have started counting calories, and have been upping my exercise. I have found the my fitness pal website and I Phone Ap a great help and I am already down 8.2 pounds since December 30th. I would love to join you guys!
Welcome!!:welcome: I am definitely interested in cool apps. I don't have a smart phone but I have found sparkpeople to be a great tool. One thing about going in May is that there is a chance you'll end up in a swimsuit at some point. I may try my fitnesspal on my Kindle.
Love your plan!! It sounds like what I need to be doing as well--except adding in treadmill, since I don't have Just Dance. The Just Dance Disney would definitely keep me motivated!

Last week was our first week back to work from Christmas Break for me. It was crazy-stressful! I am a stress-eater, so I ate like it was no one's business. Thankfully, I didn't gain, but I sure didn't lose either. We are at 9 1/2 weeks out, so I need to be getting to it!

Today, I made it back to my treadmill. The eating-monitoring will start tomorrow. It's easier for me to eat right when I'm at work (because I'm limited to my stuff). I am going to weigh in tomorrow, so I'll know what my "T" is, and then my weigh-ins will be on Thursday. Thursdays are my favorite days, so maybe that'll keep me motivated!

I can't wait to read about your WDW plans! I have a PTR in my siggie with our plans in it, too! So much fun to plan! Good luck this week with calorie tracking and weight!! :banana:
Way to go on your treadmilling:woohoo:. You should be ready for that walking at Disney. I started reading your PTR...I have a son about your son's age.

We are going in June and I would like to lose some weight also. I work out at Curves 3-4 times a week. I do ok during the week since we stay so busy but the weekends are the worst. I tend to snack all day and we eat out a good bit on the weekends. Just Dance Disney sounds like something I need to look into.

Ok, I weighed in today, so I know what my "T" is too. I'm home with my sick DS today, so I am filling my Disney fix! :thumbsup2

Hey! I'm joining in! I very much recommend MyFitnessPal. It's a phone app as well as a website. I have also gone through a journey. Lost 62 pounds then gained some weight back after the wedding, lol. Now, I'm back on the wagon! MyFitnessPal is great for calorie counting and exercising! Feel free to add me as a friend on there (ctinaditty).

I'll be rooting you on!

matkensgirl2000 said:
Hello, you wonderful Dis-ers!! I am so glad to be back and planning a Disney trip for this year. We tried something else last summer and nothing quite measures up to a trip to WDW, does it? My DD turns 10 this year so we want to fit in a trip before she becomes a Disney adult. We have nothing set in stone yet and I am a little overwhelmed about visiting since our last trip in May 2012.

In the process of not going to Disney and not having anything to obsess over, I have gained a few pounds. If there's anytime I gladly pose for pics, it's in Disney and I refuse to be embarassed or hesitant about those pics because of a few pounds. Our Disney dates are tentatively set for May 18 which gives about 129 days (or 18.5 weeks) to lose some weight before our trip. Ideally, I would lose 2 lbs a week (or 37 lbs) by the time we left and if I did that, not only would I look good in pics, I would need a new wardrobe. But I'm aiming for at least 24, which would put me at my Disney lowest. So feel free to join me as I plan my trip and try to get back to the slim young thing I once was. I won't be posting my actual weight on here, but on Fridays, I'll post an official amount lost and an assessment of how I did that week along with my Disney planning. Seriously, planning the trip for me is as fun as actually going.

So, here we go again.......Yipppppeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!:hyper:

Oh my holy oats! Let's be friends!!! We are heading down the same day (5/18) and I have exactly 35 pounds I am trying to get rid of. We will be celebrating our (2 year) anniversary and DS 8 and DD 7's birthdays. So.... I am excited to go go go! I have already gotten off to a good start starting last week I worked out at the Y with Zumba and kickboxing and kept up with my calories. (I weigh in Frday but I sneaked a peek this morning and I am already down 2 though it is. Surely water weight ;))

Best of luck! Keep us posted.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Hey! I'm joining in! I very much recommend MyFitnessPal. It's a phone app as well as a website. I have also gone through a journey. Lost 62 pounds then gained some weight back after the wedding, lol. Now, I'm back on the wagon! MyFitnessPal is great for calorie counting and exercising! Feel free to add me as a friend on there (ctinaditty).

I'll be rooting you on!

I'll add you now!! That's awesome. It's a tough road and I can use all the encouragement I can get. I'm QuispamMom :)

Just a little Disney update:

I booked our trip yesterday!! :cool1:We're doing Port Orleans Riverside, staying in one of the Alligator Bayou rooms with a Murphy bed. We'll be there from May 18-May 23 and we'll be driving, of course. We've stayed at French Quarter before but never set foot in Riverside other than making a stop on the bus on the way to a park from FQ. We've stayed Value three times and Deluxe twice but this only our second Moderate stay. I definitely remember thinking the rooms at FQ seemed tired and stale so I'm excited to see the difference the new updates make.

This is the earliest I've ever booked a trip so it is going to be different figuring out the park and dining agenda. Booking-wise, we usually go ahead and add DDP and Park Hoppers but this time we won't be getting much of a tax refund this year so I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to pay for the whole trip by April if we bought both of those. So I figured I'd just book the room and base package and add the DP later if I came up with the cash (they told me I can add it up to three days out) and since the PH can be added anytime, we'll wait on that as well. This will give me time to crunch a few numbers, dining-wise and see if we might actually be better if we just pay out-of-pocket. We almost always end up saving money (but that's because we eat in the parks morning, noon and night). No worries, I am definitely leaning towards the DP!! Hubby loves it as well.

Soon, I'll get on here and tell you a little about my little crew but if you are just DYING to learn more about us, just check out my first PTR in my signature.

On a weight loss note, I'm back at T!! I haven't been counting my calories very well but I've been just cutting back on the food in general.

Just a little Disney update:

I booked our trip yesterday!! :cool1:We're doing Port Orleans Riverside, staying in one of the Alligator Bayou rooms with a Murphy bed. We'll be there from May 18-May 23 and we'll be driving, of course. We've stayed at French Quarter before but never set foot in Riverside other than making a stop on the bus on the way to a park from FQ. We've stayed Value three times and Deluxe twice but this only our second Moderate stay. I definitely remember thinking the rooms at FQ seemed tired and stale so I'm excited to see the difference the new updates make.

This is the earliest I've ever booked a trip so it is going to be different figuring out the park and dining agenda. Booking-wise, we usually go ahead and add DDP and Park Hoppers but this time we won't be getting much of a tax refund this year so I wasn't sure if I'd have enough to pay for the whole trip by April if we bought both of those. So I figured I'd just book the room and base package and add the DP later if I came up with the cash (they told me I can add it up to three days out) and since the PH can be added anytime, we'll wait on that as well. This will give me time to crunch a few numbers, dining-wise and see if we might actually be better if we just pay out-of-pocket. We almost always end up saving money (but that's because we eat in the parks morning, noon and night). No worries, I am definitely leaning towards the DP!! Hubby loves it as well.

Soon, I'll get on here and tell you a little about my little crew but if you are just DYING to learn more about us, just check out my first PTR in my signature.

On a weight loss note, I'm back at T!! I haven't been counting my calories very well but I've been just cutting back on the food in general.

YAY! That's very exciting (both the trip booking and the back-at-T progress. We will be there at the exact same time (May 18-25) - I stayed at POR my first "grown up" trip to WDW in 2002 and it was gorgeous and peaceful and lovely. I can't wait to go read your trip review!

We are also planning on getting the DP - I priced out all our meals (I still have under-10 kids) and it came to $1008 OOP for our 5 dinners and one lunch at TS and 7 CS lunches and a few snacks here and there. The DDP is $1018 and of course includes drinks and dessert (which I had not calculated otherwise)...

Weight-loss wise, I tracked all my meals so far (still waiting on dinner) and I did Zumba at 5:15AM :crazy2: Good times! Plan to jog in the morning. I didn't weigh yet. Gonna try to hold on until Friday. The every-day fluctuations can make me crazy.

Have a super night - off to cub scouts! (123 days!)

Way to go, both with the booking and with being back at "T"! I have always wanted to stay at either POR or POFQ! The other mods don't have a draw to me, but for some reason, that one does!!

I have stunk it up this week with food--we've been out of work for 2 days due to rain, which means I eat what's in the house, and usually I don't make good choices! I've got to get back motivated on that. . .65 days may come too soon on the weight loss front! :rotfl2:

I definitely love the DDP. We have always saved money with it--even when it was just DH & me. Can't wait to hear more about your plans!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter