Getting Skisney for Disney May 2013 PTR 4/11: Day 1 Plan

Can I join in?! I would love some weightloss for Disney support! We are booked for arrival on 5/13 for 6 nights but I may add one more night if I can find the funds. We have to go again before my youngest turns 3. After this we may never get to stay onsite again! EEEK! We would love to fly but unless we can find a grrrrreat deal we are driving. Which I am ok with. I love me a good road trip.

Just curious what everyone does for workouts and for how long? I have been doing walk away the pounds 3 mile walk....so far I have walked away exactly nothing....but my sams club bag of gheradelli (sp?) chocolate chips probably has a lot to do with that. Also I cant stand the music in those dvds....

My Fitness Pal name is Jenken1820

MyKidsMom1820 said:
Can I join in?! I would love some weightloss for Disney support! We are booked for arrival on 5/13 for 6 nights but I may add one more night if I can find the funds. We have to go again before my youngest turns 3. After this we may never get to stay onsite again! EEEK! We would love to fly but unless we can find a grrrrreat deal we are driving. Which I am ok with. I love me a good road trip.

Just curious what everyone does for workouts and for how long? I have been doing walk away the pounds 3 mile walk....so far I have walked away exactly nothing....but my sams club bag of gheradelli (sp?) chocolate chips probably has a lot to do with that. Also I cant stand the music in those dvds....

My Fitness Pal name is Jenken1820

I had those walk away the pounds DVDs several years ago, but I never really got sweaty enough. I was walk/jogging in the mornings after my kids get on the bus at 7 and before I have to be at work at 9, but the weather has been CRAP (where are you? I am in way-north-GA)...

I have been a member at the YMCA for a few years but slacked on the classes and working out. Mostly used it for the pool and discounts on summer camp for kids. There is a new 5:15am Zumba class on Tues, Thurs & Friday and I have committed to going to those. It is a pain to get up that early but once I am out the door it is fine and I feel like I have so much daylight ahead of me! I will walk/do other classes hopefully on Mondays and Wednesdays. Zumba is fun but I get SOOoO sweaty and sore, so I think it is doing something.... It els like it used to when I did step aerobics all the time and I was in shape then!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

12.6 pounds gone!! Woo Hoo!!! I am taking fitness classes on my lunch hours at work. Seems to be getting me good results. Keep up the great work everyone :) I am QuispamMom on Fitness Pal if anyone wants to add me.

Y'all are doing great with your weight loss!! And you are encouraging me to get back to MFP. I joined it a month ago, but never used it. Going to start today trying to do that again. I am hbjoh on there.

Keep it up this week!! Disney is coming!! :cool1:

Hi everyone! I'm also along for the ride here! I am going to Disney in August (18-27) and I already pre-purchased my photopass+, so I need to go into major Skisney mode :lmao:

I had really good luck last year from Memorial Day weekend up until the end of September with Weight Watchers. I had the mobile app on my phone and it was pretty easy. I was also highly motivated because I got married on October 4. Then a two week honeymoon followed by the holidays and...well, I'm here to join you all lol.

I had lost 23 pounds, and was pretty happy with the way I looked, I just didn't have that cushion in there of a few extra pounds lost. I have now gained back a solid 10 of those...maybe even a few more as we just got back from a trip to Puerto Rico where my MIL made sure I didn't go hungry :eek:

I am having a hard time getting motivated to do the WW again. It's not hard, I'm just the type who has to be all in, and at the moment I need to get there. I did begin the C25k program four weeks ago (I'm halfway through now) and while I'm not seeing a huge scale shift, I am seeing a little bit of toning going on. I'm hoping this will help and now that the holidays are officially over (our trip was the end) my good (well, not sure if good is the right word, but better) eating habits will return.

Can't wait to hear about all your plans! I have never stayed in POR, but love the FQ. Stayed there back in 1999 when it was still PO/DL and then in 2009 for a quick Thanksgiving trip that was awesome. My PTR is in my sig line. We are planning a split stay for the first time with the Poly and BC. Have you made an ADRs yet?

Hi everyone! I will (try to remember) to add you all on MyFitnessPal later...

I seem to be doing ok this week - I've done 1200-1400 calories each day this week, almost no refined carbs (just some fruits and veggies and lean protein!) I am sore from the crazy Zumba lady this week, but that is GOOD.

I have 30 pounds to lose to get to my pre-pregnancy weight, which is really my goal. (Granted, I haven't been pregnant in almost 8 years, and I was below that ppweight 2 summers ago, but still...) I could probably stand to lose another 10-15 after that but since I"m past the 35 mark, it just gets harder and harder.

I can't believe I let myself gain, and I'm mad at myself for it. None of my pants fit (mostly 12s) but now even the few 14s I have are tight! I'm hoping in just a few weeks of hard core eating-right and working out, that at least my regular clothes will fit again. Sigh.

My MIL made a giant pot of my favorite soup last night. It's the Dr. Oz/Montel Williams immuno-boosting shiitake lemon soup and it is SOOOO good. My DH and FIL aren't huge fans, and my kids don't love mushrooms (though they'll usually eat them if they are mixed in...) so the best part is I usually have lunch for several days if she gives me some. :) Here's the link:
http://healthybodydaily.com/dr-oz-i...montel-williams-super-energy-smoothie-recipe/
***Random side note*** This is healthy low-fat, high nutrient soup - but the real reason my MIL started making it is because I had cancer last year and she was dead set against me getting "sick" so I ate this A LOT because I did a lot of reading about how to eat for treatment, etc. I am now cancer free, of course and happy to report - but the soup sticks around and it's really good!

I do ok during the week since we stay so busy but the weekends are the worst. I tend to snack all day and we eat out a good bit on the weekends. Just Dance Disney sounds like something I need to look into.

Welcome to my PTR!!:wizard: I'm an all day snacker, too. If it's here, I will eat it 'til it's gone. When I'm trying to lose weight, I just don't buy snacks I like. My kids know what to ask for (any peanut butter snacks) and what not to ask for (Club Crackers, Bluebell Vanilla) when mom's on a diet. And eating out is a KILLER!! The kicker for me is my husband is a restaurant manager and I get all the food from there FREE. After 14 years though, it's not something I crave. I haven't done JDD too much yet, but Michael Jackson Experience is too much fun!!
Count me in!!
Hello!! So glad to have you join us!:welcome:

Oh my holy oats! Let's be friends!!! We are heading down the same day (5/18) and I have exactly 35 pounds I am trying to get rid of. We will be celebrating our (2 year) anniversary and DS 8 and DD 7's birthdays. So.... I am excited to go go go! I have already gotten off to a good start starting last week I worked out at the Y with Zumba and kickboxing and kept up with my calories. (I weigh in Frday but I sneaked a peek this morning and I am already down 2 though it is. Surely water weight ;))
You are my Disney doppelganger!! Where are you staying? Our kids are similar ages, too. If I could get rid of 35 lbs, I would officially be not overweight. And we have the exact same time to get rid of it. You will be my benchmark! Way to go on the 2 lbs. 2 lbs is 2 lbs whether it be water or fat, you still fit in your jeans better.

We are also planning on getting the DP - I priced out all our meals (I still have under-10 kids) and it came to $1008 OOP for our 5 dinners and one lunch at TS and 7 CS lunches and a few snacks here and there. The DDP is $1018 and of course includes drinks and dessert (which I had not calculated otherwise)...
I know we always save money when we use the DDP because we do character meals and get desserts but I'm wondering how much could we save if we ate in Disney a little more cheaply (more QS, eating in room)...I'm really thinking not enough to matter, especially since that is one of my favorite parts of the whole trip.

Weight-loss wise, I tracked all my meals so far (still waiting on dinner) and I did Zumba at 5:15AM :crazy2:
Ummm...can I give you some smilies for that?:yay::worship::cool1: You are my hero, girl!!!!!!
Way to go, both with the booking and with being back at "T"! I have always wanted to stay at either POR or POFQ! The other mods don't have a draw to me, but for some reason, that one does!!
You know, I would like to try the other ones, but I couldn't get away with just one room in any of the other resorts. See, I live pretty close to the original Port Orleans so the beignets and jambalaya and jazz music are pretty par for the course around here!

I have stunk it up this week with food--we've been out of work for 2 days due to rain, which means I eat what's in the house, and usually I don't make good choices! I've got to get back motivated on that. . .65 days may come too soon on the weight loss front! :rotfl2:!
Whenever I deviate from the routine, that is when I blow it out the water, too. So you have 9 weeks left? That is plenty of time to lose a big chunk of poundage, although from your PTR pics, you look great to me!! But an extra few pounds so you can indulge in Disney is always nice to have!

:welcome: I love a good road trip TO Disney but on the way home is miserable!!!!!!! My oldest becomes a Disney adult this summer so that is why we want to go ahead and go. Gotta get the most out of those age changes. As far as exercise, I am doing some dancing on the Wii and if the weather ever gets better, I might do a bit of running.

I had those walk away the pounds DVDs several years ago, but I never really got sweaty enough. I was walk/jogging in the mornings after my kids get on the bus at 7 and before I have to be at work at 9, but the weather has been CRAP (where are you? I am in way-north-GA)...

I have been a member at the YMCA for a few years but slacked on the classes and working out. Mostly used it for the pool and discounts on summer camp for kids. There is a new 5:15am Zumba class on Tues, Thurs & Friday and I have committed to going to those. It is a pain to get up that early but once I am out the door it is fine and I feel like I have so much daylight ahead of me! I will walk/do other classes hopefully on Mondays and Wednesdays. Zumba is fun but I get SOOoO sweaty and sore, so I think it is doing something.... It els like it used to when I did step aerobics all the time and I was in shape then!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I am in Michigan, Grand Rapids area, but not in the city. We don't even have snow on the ground for any winter sports, but it has been cold and is supposed to be in the teens with very low wind chill next week so all my working out is done inside.. I think I might buy that just dance game for the wii, it sounds fun and maybe the kids would do it with me?!

btw how do I quote more than one person in a post???

Good Job on losing everyone!!

I did do my 3 mile "walk" today...and I haven't even eaten any junk!

What does everyone eat for breakfast?

I have 1 cup of coffee with cream
granola with skim milk and flax seed meal
I would like some variety but this is quick and easy so I stick with it.
this is 355 cal according to mfp. my target is 1500 I think, and I burn 350 with my workout when I do it.

btw how do I quote more than one person in a post???

Good Job on losing everyone!!

I did do my 3 mile "walk" today...and I haven't even eaten any junk!

Congrats on avoiding the junk and walking!

To multi-quote, look to the right of the quote button on the bottom of the post you want to quote (there will be three buttons there...you want to click the middle one). It will highlight in red. Continue to click that button on any posts you want to respond to. When you are ready to type up your reply, just hit the reply to post button on the bottom left after the last post in the thread and all the quoted posts will pop up.

12.6 pounds gone!! Woo Hoo!!! I am taking fitness classes on my lunch hours at work. Seems to be getting me good results.
:woohoo: Congratulations!!!!!! You are a good endorsement for the power of exercise!
with all you people losing weight..the problem is i keep finding what you are losing..

:laughing: I have some more you can have if you want.
Hi everyone! I'm also along for the ride here! I am going to Disney in August (18-27) and I already pre-purchased my photopass+, so I need to go into major Skisney mode :lmao:
Welcome!!

I had lost 23 pounds, and was pretty happy with the way I looked, I just didn't have that cushion in there of a few extra pounds lost. I have now gained back a solid 10 of those...maybe even a few more as we just got back from a trip to Puerto Rico where my MIL made sure I didn't go hungry :eek:

I'm hoping this will help and now that the holidays are officially over (our trip was the end) my good (well, not sure if good is the right word, but better) eating habits will return.
I hear you on the holidays/vacation thing!! I think I've finally gotten all the holiday junk out of the house and hopefully things will get back to normal. At least you are 13 down from where you were originally. What are you hoping for altogether?

Can't wait to hear about all your plans! I have never stayed in POR, but love the FQ. Stayed there back in 1999 when it was still PO/DL and then in 2009 for a quick Thanksgiving trip that was awesome. My PTR is in my sig line. We are planning a split stay for the first time with the Poly and BC. Have you made an ADRs yet?
No ADRs yet. I'm kinda scared because I don't know which park/what day yet. I'll have to check Ultimate Guide for their crowd predictions. I hate lines! And so much has change just since 2011, I'm really kind of overwhelmed. My kids have definitely made some suggestions, though!

Hi everyone! I will (try to remember) to add you all on MyFitnessPal later...

I seem to be doing ok this week - I've done 1200-1400 calories each day this week, almost no refined carbs (just some fruits and veggies and lean protein!) I am sore from the crazy Zumba lady this week, but that is GOOD.

I can't believe I let myself gain, and I'm mad at myself for it. None of my pants fit (mostly 12s) but now even the few 14s I have are tight! I'm hoping in just a few weeks of hard core eating-right and working out, that at least my regular clothes will fit again. Sigh.
I am right there with you on the sizes. Right now, a size 10 feels like I'd be too hot to trot. Hey, way to go on your cals this week!!:cool1:

this is 355 cal according to mfp. my target is 1500 I think, and I burn 350 with my workout when I do it.

I like a cup of yogurt (Activia peach is my favorite) or whole grain toast with whipped butter. Sometimes, I'll do blueberry waffles with light syrup or Cocoa Krispies when I want something a little less boring. You can eat a lot of Cocoa Krispies for a few calories!! I don't do coffee but I love flavored hot teas and I don't use sweetener for them so I can have a lot of it, guilt-free. Good question!!

You are my Disney doppelganger!! Where are you staying? Our kids are similar ages, too. If I could get rid of 35 lbs, I would officially be not overweight. And we have the exact same time to get rid of it. You will be my benchmark! Way to go on the 2 lbs. 2 lbs is 2 lbs whether it be water or fat, you still fit in your jeans better.

I know we always save money when we use the DDP because we do character meals and get desserts but I'm wondering how much could we save if we ate in Disney a little more cheaply (more QS, eating in room)...I'm really thinking not enough to matter, especially since that is one of my favorite parts of the whole trip.

Ummm...can I give you some smilies for that?:yay::worship::cool1: You are my hero, girl!!!!!!

We are staying in a Cars Suite at AoA!!! 5/18-25 (I am going to ATTEMPT to talk DH into staying one more day but we may all be ready to go by then...and it's memorial day weekend so we'll probably just come on home... 8 days is good.) It's a giant surprise for my kids. I ordered a couple starter pins for them to trade and they should be here this week and I got a Perry (agent P) shirt for my son and a Minnie shirt for my DD (and a really cool Mickey shirt for me) all for $6-8 each at Walmart. I'm going to slowly build a stash of trip-prizes. I also found some new Keens I want on Amazon for less than $50 with free Prime shipping and I decided I will reward myself with those when I lose 10 pounds.

And yes, 5:15 zumba has earned me some smilies. Going again tomorrow. MAYBE Friday but we are supposed to have black ice on the roads here. (IT NEVER GETS COLD ENOUGH HERE for that kind of stuff. It never snows or anything. I can count on one hand the number of snow days we've had... ever.

I usually have a smoothie. I have a cup of coffee with splenda (or 4) and a protein smoothie made with a scoop of organic whey non-GMO protein (there are a bazillion reasons for this, but mostly it's the one my oncologist recommended back when I was doing the treatment... AND it's safe for kids...), 8 oz. of light almond or soy milk or skim milk, some frozen berries or half a banana, or whatever... and some ice in my new Ninja and it's just perfect to take with me on the way out the door.

When I used to be more organized, I made eggwhites on multigrain toast or tortilla with a slice of low fat cheese. Mmmm.
We also found these Jimmy Dean Delites egg mcmuffin things at Sam's - they are made with turkey sausage and egg whites and are delicious and filling and have 240 calories. My kids love them.

Catching back up! We were out of school again today for flooding, but I monitored my calories all day with MFP and did 45 minutes of exercise. I even put the MFP app on my phone, so maybe that'll help!

For breakfast, I have 3-4 cups of coffee (yes, I am an addict) with skim milk. Then I eat an Eggo Nutrigrain waffle with nothing on it. Boring, I know, but easy to eat while packing lunches and everything!

Congratulations to everyone who is losing! That is terrific!! :cool1:

Catching back up! We were out of school again today for flooding, but I monitored my calories all day with MFP and did 45 minutes of exercise. I even put the MFP app on my phone, so maybe that'll help!

For breakfast, I have 3-4 cups of coffee (yes, I am an addict) with skim milk. Then I eat an Eggo Nutrigrain waffle with nothing on it. Boring, I know, but easy to eat while packing lunches and everything!

Congratulations to everyone who is losing! That is terrific!! :cool1:

Flooding! eek! stay dry! I don't know what I would do without caffeine

I usually have a smoothie. I have a cup of coffee with splenda (or 4) and a protein smoothie made with a scoop of organic whey non-GMO protein (there are a bazillion reasons for this, but mostly it's the one my oncologist recommended back when I was doing the treatment... AND it's safe for kids...), 8 oz. of light almond or soy milk or skim milk, some frozen berries or half a banana, or whatever... and some ice in my new Ninja and it's just perfect to take with me on the way out the door.

When I used to be more organized, I made eggwhites on multigrain toast or tortilla with a slice of low fat cheese. Mmmm.
We also found these Jimmy Dean Delites egg mcmuffin things at Sam's - they are made with turkey sausage and egg whites and are delicious and filling and have 240 calories. My kids love them.

I have heard a lot about GMO's and I am very anti GMO's too. Did you use holistic medicine as a part of your treatment plan?
:woohoo: Congratulations!!!!!! You are a good endorsement for the power of exercise!

:laughing: I have some more you can have if you want.

Welcome!!

I hear you on the holidays/vacation thing!! I think I've finally gotten all the holiday junk out of the house and hopefully things will get back to normal. At least you are 13 down from where you were originally. What are you hoping for altogether?

No ADRs yet. I'm kinda scared because I don't know which park/what day yet. I'll have to check Ultimate Guide for their crowd predictions. I hate lines! And so much has change just since 2011, I'm really kind of overwhelmed. My kids have definitely made some suggestions, though!

I am right there with you on the sizes. Right now, a size 10 feels like I'd be too hot to trot. Hey, way to go on your cals this week!!:cool1:

I like a cup of yogurt (Activia peach is my favorite) or whole grain toast with whipped butter. Sometimes, I'll do blueberry waffles with light syrup or Cocoa Krispies when I want something a little less boring. You can eat a lot of Cocoa Krispies for a few calories!! I don't do coffee but I love flavored hot teas and I don't use sweetener for them so I can have a lot of it, guilt-free. Good question!!

mmmmm cocoa krispies!!!! My kids constantly ask for mickey waffles! That will be our first breakfast in the world. well maybe pop waffles...

one more thing before I check out for the night....who posted they were buying some keens? because zulily has some AWESOME deals on keens right now and their deals GO FAST!!! check them out NOW!!

StitchIsOurHero said:
I'm in!! We are going in March, and I really need a "Skisney" too! :rotfl2: I am just like you with the pics! Determined to make something happen before our trip!!

Can't wait to read along!!!

We are going in march too. I have 10 lbs to lose. The Dis pics don't worry me. It's the pool pics I'm fretting about. Started my diet and exercise before Christmas and am down 5 lbs so far with 5 more to go.

We are going in march too. I have 10 lbs to lose. The Dis pics don't worry me. It's the pool pics I'm fretting about. Started my diet and exercise before Christmas and am down 5 lbs so far with 5 more to go.

Eeeek. . .pool pics! I just don't even take any of those! :rotfl: I wish I had been with it enough to start before Christmas--way to go!! That's terrific! You will be down your other 5 with no problem!!

Ok, y'all, I'm back to regular schedule today (no flood day). I got up at 4 am, did the treadmill and a little bit of weights (trying to tone the arms). I have also logged breakfast and lunch in MFP.

I hope everyone has a rockin' day!! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter