Getting poorer...

joolz1910

<font color=green>I would have gone down to recept
Just paid off the balance for OKW. Next month the flight balance needs to be paid and I need some $$$ too!
And a new holiday wardrobe for all 5 of us!

Donations welcome :P

I just paid the credit card from last trip, paid for Disney cruise in August, paid for new car and booked flights to Tenerife in Nov. Bank account now empty:)

So how about a setting up a joint fund for us both?

Can I join too please? I am sure splitting it 3 ways wouldn't hurt :rolleyes1

I just hadn't realised how many 'extras' we were going to need to buy as well as the accom and flights! Tix for Universal, taxis, car hire, Discovery Cove, Memory Maker, Photoconnect at US, BBB x 2, Wishes Cruise, Frozen summer fun premium day. I am fairly sure I could get a nice week (probably two) in the Med for the price it's cost just for those 'extras' lol!

Primark and MnMdirect have become my best friends for holiday clothes Joolz! I am hoping to pack light (I say that everytime I go on holiday - have yet to succeed!) and use our laundry more - meaning less holiday clothes need purchasing :scared:.

Oh, and DH is still adamant that this is our one and only WDW holiday. So, I feel vindicated in booking so many 'extras' this trip, ha ha! :teeth:

Right, I will set up a 'Just Giving' page for us poor Disers lol.

The 'extras' soon add up, don't they? I have documented every one of my costs on my pre-trip report as it shows people who are budgeting what they can expect to pay. Universal alone has cost me £1k for 2 days!!

I will be hitting Primark and Asda at the beginning of July. Cheap essentials will be the order of the day. I have told my eldest that it will be strictly shorts and T. shirts as she will be planning on bringing everything she owns.

A just giving page hahaha start one for me too! I need things doing around the house and then I spend all the money on a trip to Disney!

We only have two things left to pay. Universal tickets ( holding out as really hoping the free Legoland ticket deal shows up again) and final balance of £1400 for Bonnet Creek. Everything else covered including spending money.
Been a very expensive year and our holiday account has taken a bashing. We have a weekend in 5 star hotel in London this weekend. Then a week in Peurto Pollensa May school holiday. 4 night cruise on Queen Mary with my mum in June then our three weeks in August. Our son has skiing Feb half term so hoping the two of us can get to Rome so need to carry on saving. We have stuff to do to the house nothing major but I know when I am old I won't be looking back wishing I had spent
the money on that instead! I love all the planning that goes into our holidays which is just as well as a Florida holiday in August is so bloomin expensive but I think we get our monies worth at the end of the day.

Just paid the balance on our flights, so I am officially poor.
Everything is now paid for, the only thing left to do it to get some dollars but I only want £200 worth as everything else will be put on the credit card. We are not big spenders when we are there (free DDP and I don't like shopping) so the saving has ended for this trip.

We went on our one and only once in a lifetime trip to Disney in Sept 2005. August will be our 12th trip!!!!!!

Oh no, he doesn't give in at all! We've had a big house extension done this year and we need to now 'finish' off bits of it, but no money to do so as every last penny is being saved for WDW. As a result, DH has declared we will be having a holiday free year next year (well, abroad anyway)!?!

Everything is now paid for, the only thing left to do it to get some dollars but I only want £200 worth as everything else will be put on the credit card. We are not big spenders when we are there (free DDP and I don't like shopping) so the saving has ended for this trip.

Ugh - I wish I could say the same Joolz. I still have a few bits to sort. Photo Connect to buy and think I am going to go for a Landrys card after all. Then we need $ too (at least the rate has improved slightly). I plan to take some cash and CC like you although we are big shoppers - so I'm officially worried we'll have enough saved for that! :rolleyes1

What type of dining plan have you got and for how many? I budget $550 minimum for tips alone for four Disney 'adults' on a 14 day trip. That's for meal tips, tipping the housekeeper and minor tips like valet parking and the bell boys. Glad you've paid everything off that's brill and not trying to be a Debbie Downer. But that's not much cash for even a super careful Disney trip. That said I won't come home from a trip in debt so that might make a difference to planned spends for you.

You can tip on a credit card. We barely take any cash - I think we took $400 last time, and brought at least $100 home.

You can tip on a credit card. We barely take any cash - I think we took $400 last time, and brought at least $100 home.
I always pay any tips on the credit card except on the cruises, for some crazy reason I still prefer to tip them cash. I call at guest services and ask them to remove auto tipping then pay in cash.

I must admit, I am a wee bit concerned about the tips for the 6 of us on the DDP - we are doing 16 TS meals (two are 2 TS and one of them has service included - CRT). There are 6 Disney adults and 1 child - any idea on tip budget for 18 nights? I was thinking in the region of $600 but perhaps that isn't enough after all.

Wayne - nice motor :cloud9:.

Nice car, Wayne - DH keeps trying to talk me into a better car but so far we've had 6 trips to Florida :rotfl:

A TS meal will average around $35 per person I'd say - so 20% of that is $7 per meal; 16 meals @ $7 tips = $112; 7 people = $784. (In good news, though, the exchange rate has improved slightly!!)

I must admit, I am a wee bit concerned about the tips for the 6 of us on the DDP - we are doing 16 TS meals (two are 2 TS and one of them has service included - CRT). There are 6 Disney adults and 1 child - any idea on tip budget for 18 nights? I was thinking in the region of $600 but perhaps that isn't enough after all.

Wayne - nice motor :cloud9:.
Not done DDP for 3 years now but last time we did it it was costing around $20/day(rarely go over $10 offsite) for 3 adults, so I would estimate $700-800.

DLP dreams. I assume each table service meal for four Disney adults (or each x4 credits so double up for two credit meals) will be $220. So I budget 20%, that's $44 tip per meal (or $88 for a two credit place). Now. Many come in cheaper than that, but if we have an alcohol splurge on a few meals a or the odd appetiser it can soon add up. So this is an over estimation but not by a million miles. So $44 x 16 meals would be $704. It's rough maths but has always left me with change rather than being under prepared. I tip 20% Everywhere unless service is truly awful. In 10 trips I have only tipped less 3 times.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter