Getting ME to take my bags elsewhere - or is this "working" the system?!

OK I will throw my two cents in :goodvibes we had an absolutely HORRID experience having our bags transferred from our one night stay at Pop to BLT. Personally, we rent a car now, but if I didn't have a car I would get a taxi after your first night, load all the bags up and transfer them myself to SSR. Lots of times bell services works fabulously but I am not willing to risk our enjoyment of our vacation again, if I do it myself it gets done right :rotfl:

OK I will throw my two cents in :goodvibes we had an absolutely HORRID experience having our bags transferred from our one night stay at Pop to BLT. Personally, we rent a car now, but if I didn't have a car I would get a taxi after your first night, load all the bags up and transfer them myself to SSR. Lots of times bell services works fabulously but I am not willing to risk our enjoyment of our vacation again, if I do it myself it gets done right :rotfl:

What happened? Did they lose your luggage?

If you aren't arriving until 10pm, don't have to get your luggage and take it on ME with you? I would do as other suggested and pick up your luggage at the airport, and take it to the value resort with you. Leave it with bell services and then ask them to transfer it the next day. That is the most streamlined approach and probably stands a way less chance of getting the luggage lost than the way you suggested.

I have no idea where the "arriving after 10" thing started....LOL. We get in at 8:30pm.

I have no idea where the "arriving after 10" thing started....LOL. We get in at 8:30pm.

From this....

OK, I posted yesterday about checking into a value resort 10pm the night prior to checking into my "real" resort for the week.

Even with an 8:30 arrival there could be delays and such that would still require you to pick up your bags. Even if you do get there before the cut off and they would deliver you bags, I would still have taken to the value and stored overnight.

Yes, but checking in to the hotel at 10 would mean my plane arrives well before then... KWIM?

I never posted that you were "arriving after 10." I agreed with another poster's suggestion to stay at an airport hotel and take ME to SSR the next morning.

I believe CRO is central reservations. The OP is staying at a value resort the night she or he arrives.

My bad, I got SOOOO lost. For some reason, I thought it was a weird abbreviation for Caribbean Beach Resort. And I KNOW that's not a value. Don't ask. :lmao:

I still say, take all your bags to the value (or wherever you're staying the first night now as I'm lost again), and taxi everything to SSR. It'll be easier than trying to get luggage service to take your things between your value and SSR, and you'll know they got there.

And how is this different than your other thread (which I just found)?

What happened? Did they lose your luggage?

Yes, they did. Unfortunately not only did they "misplace" our luggage, but they were really rude and handled the whole matter in a really strange way. We left Pop in time for rope drop at DHS, the luggage was picked up by Bell Services for transfer. I checked us in early at BLT, like 7 am, and amazingly our room was ready. At 2:30 we went back to the resort and called down for our luggage. An hour goes by and no luggage. So I called again and they said it was already on its way up. Another 45 minutes goes by and I call again because we need to get changed to go to dinner at the GF. They assure me it's in transit.

Five minutes later I get a phone call that I needed to come downstairs. They tell me that they have misplaced our luggage and that they are out right now searching for it. They tell us to go to dinner (in our stinky clothes :rolleyes1) and that they are sure they will have it by the time we get back. The manager gives me her personal assurance she is on it.

We go to dinner (I am worried but try to stay upbeat) After dinner we go straight back to BLT, and no bags. So my husband and I and our friend Susan go back downstairs. New manager on duty, and he also assures me he is working tirelessly on our problem. We go back upstairs for an hour or so, it's now 9 pm. Susan says she is going back down, I go along.

We demand to know WHAT they are doing specifically to find our bags. They tell us that their theory is that the bags were put in the wrong room by mistake and they are sure that any minute they people who are actually staying in the room the bags were delivered to will come back from the parks and call down to let them know that there were bags in their room that should not be. That was their version of doing everything they could to help us. Wait for another guest to return the bags.

So now I start crying. We are tired, I want to take my contacts out, the kids want to swim and the baby wants to go to bed. They tell me to go to the store and buy PJs and toiletries and they will comp them and they will work all night at finding the bags.

I go off to get stuff for the kids so they can go to sleep and Susan stays with the Bell Services staff. She assures them that she is going nowhere until the luggage is found. She makes them go through their list of luggage deliveries for the whole day and sees that immediately after our luggage was delivered, there was luggage sent to the Boardwalk. She makes them call the Boardwalk and low and behold, they have the luggage. Once she got actively involved in the process it was literally 20 minutes until they found the bags. We finally got the bags at 11:30 that night.
:
We were never demanding, never asked for anything, we were polite and understanding and every single person involved was not helpful and some were downright rude. I lost a little bit of faith that day in Disney's customer service model and I will not use Bell Services to transport my bags again.

And how is this different than your other thread (which I just found)?

One thread asked if is was possible...after finding out "no"...the other thread asked if this theory would work. But I'm guessing you knew that. Is there a thread quota?:scared:

Yes, but checking in to the hotel at 10 would mean my plane arrives well before then... KWIM?
We have had some people say they are checking in at their resort at a certain time, but for some reason, they meant 'checking in at the airport'...so, I guess we made some assumptions here. Sorry.
BUT...that makes it even riskier to do!!! Now, your bags will be scanned as they come off the plane. Most likely, because there is no active reservation at SSR, the bags will now be put aside, not moved. So, there the bags will sit. Hopefully, they will not go missing overnight.

And as for bags being moved the next day....I've never had it happen quickly. The value resorts don't have Bell Services..they have Luggage Assistence. You can call them to come to your room and get bags, but it isn't going to be a mere 5 mins..it could be 45 mins!!! Not to mention....Disney tells us that our bags will be at the next resort mid-afternoon, but that has yet to happen for me. I've never had my bags delivered to me prior to 5pm!!! And I hand them off at 7:30 am!!!! I even handed them off, at BC, at 7am...when I got to POR, and asked to have my bags brought to my room, at 3:30??? Nope, no bags. Again, at 4pm??? Luggage Assistence at POR finally called BC. Seems they were too busy at BC Bell Services that day to move any bags yet!! It took another two calls, from POR, to get my bags at 5:30. THe poor CM refused my tip!!! He said there was no way he was accepting a tip for such subpar service. That CM got a glowing comment given to management that night!!!!
Now? I let Disney move my bags. But, I keep anything I may need for the remainder of the day with me!!!

One thread asked if is was possible...after finding out "no"...the other thread asked if this theory would work. But I'm guessing you knew that. Is there a thread quota?:scared:

No there is not a thread quota but there was already an active conversation in the other thread and you kind of left us hanging.

And to me you are asking the exact same question. You could have just added another post that said well will (what you posted on this thread) work?

Also in the other thread they also gave the same solution.

As for the timing both your posts had 10:00 PM in them which is when your luggage turns into a pumpkin so some got confused (including me). Which as per my post in the other would kind of make it work but still confuse the system which could lead to lost luggage.

As for a hotel near by I just pull up the destination I'm going to in Google and then search for hotels.

Like this http://goo.gl/maps/SnxuA

Just find one with a free shuttle. Some people when they get in late stay at the airport and then take ME in the morning but I have only heard that for people getting after midnight and I would think it would really screw up my day.

Just find one with a free shuttle. Some people when they get in late stay at the airport and then take ME in the morning but I have only heard that for people getting after midnight and I would think it would really screw up my day.

We've stayed at the Hyatt at the airport before (night before checking in)... not my thing. For some reason it just seemed like a hassle to stay there and then catch ME in the morning. Almost seemed as if we were "delaying" our vacation since we were IN Orlando - but not "in" Disney, if that makes sense. I think staying nearby (at any hotel) would feel the same to us. We need immediate gratification...LOL. Plus Hyatt rates (IMO) were outrageous for 1 night.

So - I think we'll probably just land, grab our luggage and put it on ME with us. And then when we checkin to value give luggage to Bell Services and ask them to transfer luggage to SSR in morning. Again - I know the Value resorts can sometimes take a LONG time for transfer (stayed there before for a sports group and called for luggage pickup at 7am. We checked out at 11am and our luggage was still outside our room) ?! So, if I just leave it with them that very first night and have them transfer to SSR in am... fingers crossed that they get it there before 4pm the next day. :rotfl2:

1. We've stayed at the Hyatt at the airport before (night before checking in)... not my thing. For some reason it just seemed like a hassle to stay there and then catch ME in the morning. Almost seemed as if we were "delaying" our vacation since we were IN Orlando - but not "in" Disney, if that makes sense. I think staying nearby (at any hotel) would feel the same to us. We need immediate gratification...LOL. Plus Hyatt rates (IMO) were outrageous for 1 night.

2. So - I think we'll probably just land, grab our luggage and put it on ME with us. And then when we checkin to value give luggage to Bell Services and ask them to transfer luggage to SSR in morning. Again - I know the Value resorts can sometimes take a LONG time for transfer (stayed there before for a sports group and called for luggage pickup at 7am. We checked out at 11am and our luggage was still outside our room) ?! So, if I just leave it with them that very first night and have them transfer to SSR in am... fingers crossed that they get it there before 4pm the next day. :rotfl2:

1: I see where you are coming from. We could have done the same thing even staying offsite. We drove and got in at 11:00. We could have stayed cheaper for that first night but didn't want the hassle the next morning.

2. Probably better than having ME do it. If you have your luggage in hand you can just give it directly to Bell Services versus having ME deliver it, Bell Services set it aside and hope it gets tagged right. Somehow I could see a 50 - 50 chance that Bell Services would try to deliver your luggage to your now checked out Value room. :crazy2:

So - I think we'll probably just land, grab our luggage and put it on ME with us. And then when we checkin to value give luggage to Bell Services and ask them to transfer luggage to SSR in morning.

I would wait to give it to them in the morning. That's the way it's supposed to work, so it will be much less likely for something to go wrong. Just take it to luggage services when you're leaving the value resort.

I would wait to give it to them in the morning. That's the way it's supposed to work, so it will be much less likely for something to go wrong. Just take it to luggage services when you're leaving the value resort.

Excellent suggestions.:thumbsup2
I think it's always best (where possible) to avoid over-complication. This greatly reduces the risk of misdirected/misplaced or actually missing luggage.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter