Getting into MK for PM EMH

VS85

Mouseketeer
I thought I saw a similar question posed not too long ago but none of my searches are bringing it up. Our arrival day is Saturday 7/18. We have CG ressies at 8:50pm. The plan is to be done with dinner by 10 so that we can watch Wishes from the CG observation deck, and then walk down to MK from CR once Wishes is done. So we'll probably get to the MK entrance by 10:45ish.

Is there a specific MK entrance at this time of night? Given the mass exodus that will be happening, how should we plan on getting into the park and making our way down Main Street without getting trampled?

Also, there are some conflicting reports as to whether Splash Mountain is open during PM EMH. Can anyone confirm? Wondering if I should try for a late FP+ between 11 and 12 just for that one ride since there is no FP during EMH.

I really don't want to be IN the park for Wishes, otherwise we would scrap the CG ressie and head to MK earlier and just wait out the crowds...

Splash has recently been added to my emh. Yes you will be going against the flow, I don't remember which area is set aside for going into the park at that time.

You might want to take the railroad once inside rather than trying to fight the crowd on main street. Once you get passed main street and clear of the castyle it should be smooth sailing. As to fp+ sure go ahead and make one. You won't really need it but why not shave a few minutes off a popular wait

Splash has recently been added to my emh. Yes you will be going against the flow, I don't remember which area is set aside for going into the park at that time.

You might want to take the railroad once inside rather than trying to fight the crowd on main street. Once you get passed main street and clear of the castyle it should be smooth sailing. As to fp+ sure go ahead and make one. You won't really need it but why not shave a few minutes off a popular wait
Did they start regularly running the train after fireworks?
(I really liked that about DL)

In my experience they shut down the railroad before evening parades/fireworks, and they do not start it back up.

And no harm in booking FP+ for that evening before EMH starts. You could even book two, 10pm-11pm and 11pm-12am. You can return with your FP five minutes early and supposedly up to 15 minutes late.

Thanks! So last night I made it a point to log into MDE and see what the wait times were for various points in time throughout the evening since MK had PM EMH. Everything had like 5-10 minute waits, with the exception of Space (20) and SDMT (55... That was pretty early into the night though). Which got me thinking... How much can you really get done during evening EMH? I originally thought we would just hit the mountains, HM, and SDMT, but now I feel like we can get so much more done!
Maybe we should start in Liberty Square (for HM) and work our way around to Tomorrowland and just do whatever we feel like in between? How do you approach this? And at what point would you suggest getting in line for SDMT? Should we save it for last? Ah I'm so excited!!

Also, there are some conflicting reports as to whether Splash Mountain is open during PM EMH.

Just recently added back to the PM EMH lineup.:)

Smart money is on it leaving again when POTC comes back online.:)

Just recently added back to the PM EMH lineup.:)

Smart money is on it leaving again when POTC comes back online.:)

Oooh good to know! I didn't realize POTC was down. Are there any rumors as to when it will be back up and running? Was hoping to go on it in 3 weeks!
But I love splash more so doesn't matter too much to me :)

Oooh good to know! I didn't realize POTC was down. Are there any rumors as to when it will be back up and running? Was hoping to go on it in 3 weeks!

It's down for refurbishment until September.

Aw bummer. Ah well... Plenty of other things to do! Let's see how much we can get done during PM EMH :) I can't believe I didn't take advantage of this sooner!

So... do you think it's reasonable to be able to do the following between 11pm and 2am (in somewhat of this order)?

1. Jungle Cruise
2. Splash Mountain
3. BTMRR
4. Haunted Mansion
5. IASW
6. Philharmagic
7. Carousel
8. Under the Sea
9. Winnie the Pooh
10. 7DMT (or come back at the end of the night if the line is too long)
11. Tomorrowland Speedway
12. Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
13. Space Mountain

Then either head back to 7DMT if we didn't do it earlier, or head over to main street to take photos in front of the castle and pop in some shops if any are open.

Is this way too much for that time frame? Like I said, I have never done PM EMH before so I don't know if I'm setting the expectations too high. I don't want to run from ride to ride, but would like to stop and take in the ambiance on our way from one ride to the next :) Is this plan crazy or the norm?

I thought I saw a similar question posed not too long ago but none of my searches are bringing it up. Our arrival day is Saturday 7/18. We have CG ressies at 8:50pm. The plan is to be done with dinner by 10 so that we can watch ....

I would not count on being done with dinner at California Grill by 10. Meals there usually last about 2 hours or so.

We are paying OOP so in an effort to be budget-friendly, we will likely order a couple of apps and one entree to split. I was hoping to "move things along" by putting our order in early.

So... do you think it's reasonable to be able to do the following between 11pm and 2am (in somewhat of this order)?

1. Jungle Cruise
2. Splash Mountain
3. BTMRR
4. Haunted Mansion
5. IASW
6. Philharmagic
7. Carousel
8. Under the Sea
9. Winnie the Pooh
10. 7DMT (or come back at the end of the night if the line is too long)
11. Tomorrowland Speedway
12. Buzz Lightyear Space Ranger Spin
13. Space Mountain

Then either head back to 7DMT if we didn't do it earlier, or head over to main street to take photos in front of the castle and pop in some shops if any are open.

Is this way too much for that time frame? Like I said, I have never done PM EMH before so I don't know if I'm setting the expectations too high. I don't want to run from ride to ride, but would like to stop and take in the ambiance on our way from one ride to the next :) Is this plan crazy or the norm?

Your plan sounds pretty ambitious, but may be doable if you hit everything in the right order. Here's an example of what we were able to accomplish in early June from 8:30 pm to midnight. Our lists look fairly similar, although we weren't there on an EMH night:

Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Splash Mtn
Big Thunder
Haunted Mansion
7 Dwarfs (5 minute wait right after Wishes). Posted wait was 65 minutes.
Pooh
Teacups
Speedway
Space Mtn 4x in just over 30 minutes.

I believe that our longest wait was for Pirates at about 15 minutes.

Your plan sounds pretty ambitious, but may be doable if you hit everything in the right order. Here's an example of what we were able to accomplish in early June from 8:30 pm to midnight. Our lists look fairly similar, although we weren't there on an EMH night:

Jungle Cruise
Pirates
Splash Mtn
Big Thunder
Haunted Mansion
7 Dwarfs (5 minute wait right after Wishes). Posted wait was 65 minutes.
Pooh
Teacups
Speedway
Space Mtn 4x in just over 30 minutes.

I believe that our longest wait was for Pirates at about 15 minutes.

Thank you! This was so helpful! I think we could probably get the majority of what I listed done, but I won't cry if we can't get to something :)

Thank you! This was so helpful! I think we could probably get the majority of what I listed done, but I won't cry if we can't get to something :)

Just keep in mind that there are going to be a lot of people leaving when you arrive. After Wishes is when a majority of guests leave the park, which is why it's the very best time of day to hit the headliners with little to no wait.

From your list, I would bet that you could accomplish everything except maybe Philharmagic. It takes up quite a bit of time if you arrive just after a performance starts.

Just keep in mind that there are going to be a lot of people leaving when you arrive. After Wishes is when a majority of guests leave the park, which is why it's the very best time of day to hit the headliners with little to no wait.

From your list, I would bet that you could accomplish everything except maybe Philharmagic. It takes up quite a bit of time if you arrive just after a performance starts.

Thanks! That was actually my original question and reason for posting the thread... What's the best way to enter the park and get through Main Street at this time of the night? If you have any insight, I'd really appreciate it!

Thanks! That was actually my original question and reason for posting the thread... What's the best way to enter the park and get through Main Street at this time of the night? If you have any insight, I'd really appreciate it!

I would go through the shops on the adventureland side of Main Street.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter