Getting from the parks to Downtown Disney or Hotel Restaurants

kristie73

Mouseketeer
So what do you do to get yourself from the Parks to like the Disneyland Hotel for Goofy's Kitchen? Do you just walk? Or is there a shuttle or a better park and land to be in beforehand to get there quickly?

I have 5:30 reservations at Goofy's Kitchen so I'm wondering where we'll be before we need to leave and how long it will take us to get there, etc.

Thanks.

Since the monorail is closed, you will need to walk... On our last trip, we stayed at the DH and it took us and the boys about 15 min to walk back to the hotel from the main gate.. You could probably walk faster, but we were window shopping....

Goofy's is just about 1500 feet west of where the shops end for DTD. It's about a 10 minute walk for adults but 15 minutes is probably safe if you have kids. I think once I walked it in about 7 minutes but I have long legs. There isn't a shuttle because the DLH that it's in is right at the edge of DTD and the parking is on the outside of all the DTD stuff, which DLH is sorta part of.

It is just all right together. Not at all like WDW.

All of the Disneyland Resort hotels (3), parks (2), and Downtown Disney (1) are very close to each other.
It's a quite small, lovely and quaint little Resort...

The longest walk thru Downtown Disney to the parks is from the Paradise Pier Hotel or from the parking complex.

Goofy's Kitchen is basically in the middle of the 'Disneyland Hotel' grounds and Downtown Disney starts 30 feet after the Disneyland Hotel grounds, with the ESPNZone, and a walk thru Downtown Disney to the entrances of both parks... isn't that far at all.

Nothing at all like 'walking' to anything 'outside the parks'... or even 'inside some of the parks', at WDW.

From the park entrances, I say give yourself 20 mins to walk thru Downtown Disney.... based on the crowds, based on how tired you are, based on if you have kids and/or slow walkers... and you do wanna arrive more than a few minutes early for your reservation. :thumbsup2

or maybe half an hour if you are like me and have short stubby legs...I walk like a dang turtle :rolleyes:

disneegrl4eva said:
or maybe half an hour if you are like me and have short stubby legs...I walk like a dang turtle :rolleyes:

Don't ever let anybody tell ya that turtles ain't cool. :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter