• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Getting around Vancouver

yorkieteacher

DIS Veteran
We plan on arriving in Vancouver the day before our cruise. Are there any Downtown Vancouver hotels that offer shuttle service from the airport, or should we plan on taking a taxi? What downtown hotels offer shuttle service to Canada Place, or are close enough to walk to Canada Place (we can easily walk 6 blocks or so). We really cant afford the Pan Pacific!

There is the sky train which goes directly from the airport to downtown Vancouver. It would be the "Canada line". It drops you at waterfront station, not far from Canada Place cruise ship terminal.

There are a lot of hotels downtown and would be an easy taxi ride to the terminal in the morning. The Fairmont Waterfront is directly across from Canada Place, still pricey but likely less than Pan Pacific.

We took a taxi to the Pan Pacific from the airport and also after the cruise returning to the airport and it was very easy. I think we paid around $35ish with tip and we plan on doing the same in August when we return. We are a family of 3 and had 4 suitcases as I remember and no problem getting into a Prius wagon.

Heather

we've used the Sky Train in the past from the airport to the port and return with all of our luggage - no problems.

We were able to drive from the states to Vancouver. Found a great deal parking at the airport - much less expensive than parking at the port, even with the cost of the skytrain.

Vancouver has great transportation options. Trains, buses, and ferries. You can get day passes that allow transfers between them all (with perhaps the exception of the airport skytrain)

Pretty much all of *downtown* Vancouver is in a simple walk's distance from the cruise terminals. 6 blocks (your distance) yields a ton of good hotels.

We recently stayed (club level, which was fabulous) at Hyatt Regency, and it was a very quick walk down to Canada Place. We would definitely do it for a cruise if we were packing relatively light. And we've stayed further out and would do the same if packing equally or even more lightly. (I just don't relish the idea of lugging as much as we normally pack down city streets, LOL.)

But it's a cheap cab ride from just about anywhere in downtown Vancouver.

(weirdly, I did NOT like taking the skytrain with luggage! I would just take a taxi instead.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter