Get yer lugs on we're going to Disney - July 16 TR (update 8/11) Football and Chili's

Day Two Part Four: Time for the Street Party!

I must apologise for the long absence. Life has been busy but my main stumbling block has been with Photopass. There have been so many problems from missing photos, missing magic shot elements, huge technical difficulties that have meant photos have had to be downloaded individually. Disney have responded to the various concerns raised and I have restored photos with extensions. Some photos I have been unable to download and just get a sorry unable to process message. It has been a slow, laborious and downright frustrating experience. Anyway I am back and will pick up from where I left off. I have been on a recent weekend in Scotland which I may come back to at some stage. I am just at the end of our mid-term break. Peter was away in London on a school music trip for 5 nights and enjoyed getting to see Aladdin. After all that this update doesn’t contain any Photopass pictures.

It was now time for the Move It! Shake it! Dance and Play it: Street Party. We decided we would stay and watch it. I mean who needs shade?

Everyone’s favourite chipmunks!

Hi Chip! It’s good to see you again!

The Zootopia characters or Zootropolis (if you're from the UK) were a new addition to the parade!

Yes, we’re ready to party!

Baloo and King Louie stopped by us and came down to dance. There was an adorable little boy with Down’s Syndrome who was having such a great time dancing with Baloo. He was such a great dancer. He was so enthusiastic about shaking his tail feather! Those joyful moments are just what Disney is all about!

Minnie waved down from the float! The little boy came over to Hannah and excitedly pointed out Minnie. Hannah was loving interacting with him.

Before long it was time for the party to move on!

The crowd were encouraged to cheer for the song they wanted for the final song. The choices were: ‘Try everything’ by Shakira, ‘Better when I’m dancing’ by Meghan Trainor and ‘Stitches’ by Shawn Mendes. They announced "Try everything by Shakira" as the winner and then floats moved on this song.

Goofy made sure he got a selfie!

I have such good memories of this parade over the years. It doesn't feel so long ago when my own little boy showed a similar joy to dancing with the characters. His favourites were Chip and Dale.

Here's Pete rocking with Dale and Hannah. Yes those were the days where she had matching High School Musical socks, t-shirt, sunglasses.

I love this photo of Peter running along waving to his friend Chip!

Pointing out his Chip pin on his lanyard!

Last edited:
Omg, love the throw back photos! One day, I'll be posting my current photos as throw backs! How crazy is that!

We did not do any day parades in June and I'm not sure that we will next June. It's just too hot and it's our break time anyway. At this point we still have a napping kid....and I hope it stays that way awhile, especially since AJ stopped at 2yrs. I need Will to keep it up for awhile.

As far as Photopass, I just don't get why it has to be so complicated. I had major problems, as well, and could only download 1 at a time on my work computer. I ended up doing that for the ones I wanted for TR photos and downloading the rest on my mom's card mputer bc it actually did it as a zip file on hers.

Glad to see an update!

Life has been busy but my main stumbling block has been with Photopass. There have been so many problems from missing photos, missing magic shot elements, huge technical difficulties that have meant photos have had to be downloaded individually.

Well, that just plain ol' sucks.

It has been a slow, laborious and downright frustrating experience.

:sad2:
For the prices they charge, Mickey should be hand delivering a flash drive.

I have been on a recent weekend in Scotland

Nice! Business or pleasure?

After all that this update doesn’t contain any Photopass pictures.

:lmao:

I mean who needs shade?

Shade is for the weak.

But air conditioning is for the smart.

Everyone’s favourite chipmunks!

Donald might beg to differ.

The Zootropolis characters or Zootopia (if you're from the UK)were a new addition to the parade!

Interesting. I looked up the reason for the name change. And basically it was "Just because."

There was an adorable little boy with Down’s Syndrome who was having such a great time dancing with Baloo. He was such a great dancer. He was so enthusiastic about shaking his tail feather! Those joyful moments are just what Disney is all about!

Awww...

I have such good memories of this parade over the years. It doesn't feel so long ago when my own little boy showed a similar joy to dancing with the characters. His favourites were Chip and Dale.

Here's Pete rocking with Dale and Hannah.

Okay, I get it now. That's a great memory.
I don't have any and tend to avoid that parade.

I love this photo of Peter running along waving to his friend Chip!

::yes:: Great shot!

Love your parade pictures and the commentary. I miss the days when my kids would dance and interact too. That really brings the magic out in everyone. Loved seeing the throwback pictures of yours. I have yet to catch this parade. I've only seen bits and pieces.

Nice to see you back :) Sorry about all your PP problems, but your pictures of the Move It, Shake It parade are very nice! And the older ones of Peter are adorable. I want to catch it next month because I love Zootopia so I want to see Nick and Judy! Meant to watch when we went in August but it was just too hot to stand there.

Happy you're back! But sorry to hear about all the problems you're having with Photopass.

Your parade pics are AMAZING!

Great to see everyone back and thanks for all your comments!

Omg, love the throw back photos! One day, I'll be posting my current photos as throw backs! How crazy is that!

Thanks! Believe me it won't be that far away - those pictures of my 2 were only 7 years ago. Saying that I also enjoy the stage they're at now. I still love spending time with them.

We did not do any day parades in June and I'm not sure that we will next June. It's just too hot and it's our break time anyway. At this point we still have a napping kid....and I hope it stays that way awhile, especially since AJ stopped at 2yrs. I need Will to keep it up for awhile.

This parade isn't too long and the good thing is that you can take in a morning slot - still baking but then we've never been outwith the height of summer. Your two love a dance so you should catch it while you can! That's good Will still naps - some times at Disney I could do with a nap!

Glad to see an update!
Me too!

Well, that just plain ol' sucks.

It sure does!

For the prices they charge, Mickey should be hand delivering a flash drive.

There in may lie part of the problem. This year they were running a special promotion on the UK Ultimate Ticket that it included Photopass free. We usually purchase it prior to our trip. I think Disney seriously underestimated what impact this would have on the website given the amount of photos from a 2 or even 3 week trip! Obviously people were all downloading during the same time period following the school holidays.

Nice! Business or pleasure?

Purely pleasure! A nice break from the day job.

I know! Sorry, after all that you don't even get a Photopass picture. Patience...It just became an all consuming sport. Alan would come into the room and say "You can't still be downloading photos".

Shade is for the weak.

What shady character said that? :cool2:

Interesting. I looked up the reason for the name change. And basically it was "Just because."

I think Disney did give a statement to that effect. Hannah told me she had read it was due to a zoo in Denmark having the trademark for Zootopia which may have restricted merchandising.

Okay, I get it now. That's a great memory.
I don't have any and tend to avoid that parade.
Whereas if they brought back the High School Musical float I would make a hasty retreat!

::yes:: Great shot!

Thanks. It is very cute!

There in may lie part of the problem. This year they were running a special promotion on the UK Ultimate Ticket that it included Photopass free. We usually purchase it prior to our trip. I think Disney seriously underestimated what impact this would have on the website given the amount of photos from a 2 or even 3 week trip! Obviously people were all downloading during the same time period following the school holidays.

Ah. That does sound like it could be the reason.

Purely pleasure! A nice break from the day job.

Good for you!

Alan would come into the room and say "You can't still be downloading photos".

:laughing: No!

What shady character said that? :cool2:

Well.... I did. Just up above a little bit.

Hannah told me she had read it was due to a zoo in Denmark having the trademark for Zootopia which may have restricted merchandising.

Now that makes more sense.

This parade isn't too long and the good thing is that you can take in a morning slot - still baking but then we've never been outwith the height of summer. Your two love a dance so you should catch it while you can! That's good Will still naps - some times at Disney I could do with a nap
You know what, I guess I was thinking FoF, even though clearly it is not FoF. We did pass by this in June, or see it from afar. Maybe I will try to work it in next June, based on if they are still showing it!

Love your parade pictures and the commentary

Thank you!

I miss the days when my kids would dance and interact too.
I think all parents with older children do!

Loved seeing the throwback pictures of yours.
I love to look at older photos so hoped other people might too!

Nice to see you back :)
Thanks. It's good to be back on my Trip Report even if it is frightening to think how little of it I've completed!

Sorry about all your PP problems, but your pictures of the Move It, Shake It parade are very nice!
Me too - it's been a nightmare. Glad you like the photos!

And the older ones of Peter are adorable.
He was a cute little boy!

I want to catch it next month because I love Zootopia so I want to see Nick and Judy!
I've still to see Zootopia or Zootropolis. It sounds like a good movie! Maybe if I'm a good girl Santa will bring it.

Meant to watch when we went in August but it was just too hot to stand there.
Tell me about it but it was then or nothing. Since you are going at a a cooler time of year it makes sense to watch it then.

Move It, Shake It, Dance It is a favorite of mine also as it lets me act up and dance and not care.
Good on you getting up and shaking your tail feather!

Happy you're back! But sorry to hear about all the problems you're having with Photopass.
Thank you!

Your parade pics are AMAZING!
Thanks - glad you like them!

You know what, I guess I was thinking FoF, even though clearly it is not FoF. We did pass by this in June, or see it from afar. Maybe I will try to work it in next June, based on if they are still showing it!

I think that's what happens when you are following along on so many trip reports - Where are we now? If you do stop make sure you share the photos of your adorable boys dancing! Feel free to join in yourself! There was a Photopass photographer taking photos of some of the cute children dancing!

Day Two Part Five: Time for some classic rides

It was time to head over to our first Fast Pass. I love Space Mountain. Space Mountain was closed on our first trip in 2008 so I had to wait until the following year to experience it for the first time. It was great to get out of the heat and into the cool of the queuing area.

Before long we entered hyper-sleep.

With our new plan for the afternoon we decided that we should get an early lunch. We headed for Columbia Harbour House at 12:00. This trip was different from our recent trips as we didn’t have the dining plan. They gave us a menu card as we waited in the queue. We decided we would share some meals. Well Alan and I did. Hannah and Peter weren’t quite on board with this idea and each ordered Chicken and fries.

We seemed to get a lot of broccoli.

Alan and I shared a fish platter.

After lunch we ended up in Fantasyland and as Dumbo had a short wait time we thought why not? They didn’t use the pager this time maybe it was due to our children not being the age for the play area anymore. Anyway we enjoyed our flight with Dumbo.

Next we had a Fast Pass for the Jungle Cruise.

The Jungle Cruise really depends on the skill of the Skipper. Unfortunately this time the girl we had for a Skipper was really apologetic with her gags and it was all a bit awkward.

We still had some time before we met back up with Fred at 2.30pm so we decided to get the train at Frontierland and do the full circuit of the park. There was quite the queue at Splash Mountain at this part of the day. I have to confess that I have never waited in that open part of the queue.

Last edited:
Day Two Part Six: Getting our Mickey Ears

We met up with Fred and he introduced us to Chelsea who was going to be our personal photographer during our time as the Grand Marshal. She said she would be running alongside the car so she could get photos of the whole experience. We discovered that another family were nearly chosen to be the Grand Marshal but one family member didn’t really engage. Fred gave us a Disney bag which contained Grand Marshal Mickey Ear Hats for each of us.

This photo reminds me of the safety spiel on a plane that tells you to put on your own oxygen mask first before assisting small children!

Chelsea took some lovely family photos of us in our Mickey Ears. Hard to believe but these were actually my first ever pair of Mickey Ears.

Soon it was time to head for our special Disney transportation.

We were given the instruction that the grown-ups were to sit on the driver side and the children on the other side. Fred told us he would meet us at the end of the parade route.

We practised our waving by waving to the people on the passing train!

New Year.jpg

I would just like to wish all my readers and Dis friends a Happy New Year. We had a fairly quiet Hogmanay. In the afternoon we went to see Rogue One then spend the evening at my Mum and Dad's before heading round to ours for the Bells. I hope you all had a good New Year! All the best for 2017!

I would just like to wish all my readers and Dis friends a Happy New Year. We had a fairly quiet Hogmanay. In the afternoon we went to see Rogue One then spend the evening at my Mum and Dad's before heading round to ours for the Bells. I hope you all had a good New Year! All the best for 2017!
Happy New Year to you as well. Funny, I did the same thing and saw Rogue One on the afternoon of New year's Eve. It was the first chance I had since the busy holidays. I've always been a little disappointed that I didn't get to experience a proper Scottish Hogmanay - I was stuck on an oil rig in the North Sea on New Year's during the year I spent in Aberdeen.

Just awesome pictures of you being the Grand Marshall by the way. Incredible luck you had that day and surely an experience to remember.

It was time to head over to our first Fast Pass. I love Space Mountain. Space Mountain was closed on our first trip in 2008 so I had to wait until the following year to experience it for the first time. It was great to get out of the heat and into the cool of the queuing area.

Not so great without the FP and a 90 minute wait.
Just sayin'.

Before long we entered hyper-sleep.

:laughing: Love it!

Sheesh. I guess I'm hungry.
Cause Dang! that looks good.

We seemed to get a lot of broccoli.

::yes:: One TR writer calls it the Broccoli house.

Alan and I shared a fish platter.

Coming from the land of fish and chips.... how was that?

After lunch we ended up in Fantasyland and as Dumbo had a short wait time we thought why not?

It used to be that Dumbo was one of the longest lines in the park.... huh.

They didn’t use the pager this time maybe it was due to our children not being the age for the play area anymore.

What?!?!? How can you be too old for the play area?!?!?

The Jungle Cruise really depends on the skill of the Skipper.

::yes::

Unfortunately this time the girl we had for a Skipper was really apologetic with her gags and it was all a bit awkward.

Really? Man, you have to embrace those jokes!

There was quite the queue at Splash Mountain at this part of the day. I have to confess that I have never waited in that open part of the queue.

And trust me.... you don't want to.

Horrid.

We met up with Fred and he introduced us to Chelsea who was going to be our personal photographer during our time as the Grand Marshal.

You get your personal photog, too!?!? :faint:

She said she would be running alongside the car so she could get photos of the whole experience.

Running.

Running alongside the car.

OMG
:sad2:

We discovered that another family were nearly chosen to be the Grand Marshal but one family member didn’t really engage.

Their loss. Your gain.

Fred gave us a Disney bag which contained Grand Marshal Mickey Ear Hats for each of us.

Great souvenir!

This photo reminds me of the safety spiel on a plane that tells you to put on your own oxygen mask first before assisting small children!

:laughing:

Chelsea took some lovely family photos of us in our Mickey Ears. Hard to believe but these were actually my first ever pair of Mickey Ears.

Great shots!

We were given the instruction that the grown-ups were to sit on the driver side and the children on the other side.

Wonder why. Everything's choreographed, so I'm not surprised... but... why?

We practised our waving by waving to the people on the passing train!

:) Can't get enough practice!

I would just like to wish all my readers and Dis friends a Happy New Year.

Happy New Year to you too!

We had a fairly quiet Hogmanay.

Annnnnd.... thanks for making me Google that!

I have no idea what a Hogmanay is nor am I sure what you mean by the Bells, but Happy New Year anyway Fiona lol! I am going to guess that maybe the Bells is something equivalent to the ball drop in Times Square in NYC? No? How far off am I :rotfl2:
Holy Splash Mountain line! We've waited in the outside portion of the queue before but not for a longer wait than 30 minutes and that was like, once. But in the summer that line gets crazy! I understand being hot enough to want to ride Splash, but I don't understand why, in that awful summer heat, anyone would wait in an outdoor line that long :crazy:
I think Dumbo is underrated as a ride for older kids/adults. Besides the nostalgic factor it's a cool view up there! I enjoy it and I like Aladdin's carpets for the same reason.
So exciting getting ready to be the Grand Marshalls in the parade!!!! I love those PP pictures of you all in the ears, especially where your arms are around each other :love: Can't wait to read more, don't make me wait months for another update :P

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter