Germany 7/8/2011

Bumping to the top. I know there were a couple of Disers going on the early June ABD trip. I would LOVE to hear details about the new hotel (Waldeck) and changes to the itinerary since Trendelberg is no longer listed. Thanks!

I am posting this from our room at the Kempinski Hotel-the wifi is free. In Heidelberg there was a small business center but I did notice a cafe w free wifi across the street on the way to Hauptstrasse.
In Schloss Waldeck (which will knock your socks off!) you could get 15 minutes free. You could buy packages starting from 5€ for an hour on up.
In Rothenburg at Eisenhut you can buy 60 minutes over 24 hours at 5€. Depending on your room location you could use it there or just in the lobby/bar.
As noted Kempinski has free wifi access (i might find out otherwise tomorrow when we checkout:) )
We enjoyed the Golden Lamb on Hauptstrasse in Heidelberg for lunch on our own.
There was an Italian place in Waldeck some families went to- we opted for the hotel seeing as it's been a few hundred years since the last time we stayed in a castle:)
Rothenburg had a great beer garden (Reichkussenmeister) that had great pizza (flamkuchen (sp?)) for our meals 5 minutes from the hotel.
In Munich we enjoyed an Italian place (vapiano) that is fun and tasty and just 10 minutes away.
Enjoy your trip!

Thank you, Justaman, for the wifi information. Have you had any difficulty using credit cards or ATM cards?

No problem with the credit card or ATM (geldautomat) usage. I had already set the pin to 4 numbers before this trip. In Alsfeld you should have a little cash but there is no real time to shop.
The trip to Neuschwanstein (aka Sleeping Beauty castle) is really nice.

Can anyone tell me how long it took to receive you photo CD? I'm excited to get mine. This was a fantastic trip!

We received the photo CD from our SWS trip this past Wednesday, which was exactly 3 weeks after we got home.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter